When enrolling an iOS device in Intune, it may fail at the Installing Management Profile with the error “Intune – iOS – Profile installation Failed A connection to the server could not be established.”
If you happen to see this error, login to the Intune portal and go to Device Enrollment > Enrollment restrictions > and look through your existing restrictions to see if there are any settings blocking personal enrollments.
The example below shows that there is an enrollment restriction blocking personally owned iOS devices.
For the iOS to be enrolled, it needs to be a corporate owned iOS device. From https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/corporate-identifiers-add
At the time of enrollment, Intune automatically assigns corporate-owned status to devices that are:
- Enrolled with a device enrollment manager account (all platforms)
- Enrolled with the Apple Device Enrollment Program, Apple School Manager, or Apple Configurator (iOS only)
- Identified as corporate-owned before enrollment with an international mobile equipment identifier (IMEI) numbers (all platforms with IMEI numbers) or serial number (iOS and Android)
- Joined to Azure Active Directory as a Windows 10 Enterprise device
- Set as corporate in the device’s properties list