Task sequence failing with error code: 0x87d00269
I had a remote machine that kept failing its task sequence. I was able to get a copy of the smsts.log from and saw these errors:
Policy Evaluation failed, hr=0x87d00269
MP list missing in WMI after policy evaluation, sending message to location service to refresh client, retriev MP list and try again.
Install Dynamic application action failed to install application: ‘AppName’. Error Code 0x87d00269
When the machine was rebooted it wasn’t joined to the domain. I could login as local admin, then I checked out the C:\Windows\debug\NetSetup.log to see why it failed joining the domain.
The log was filled with these errors:
NetpGetComputerObjectDn: ldap_compare_s failed: 0x20 0x2
NetpCreateComputerObjectInDs: NetpGetComputerObjectDn failed: 0x2
NetpProvisionComputerAccount: LDAP creation failed: 0x2
NetpProvisionComputerAccount: Cannot retry downlevel, specifying OU is not supported
ldap_unbind status: 0x0
NetpJoinDomainOnDs: Function exits with status of: 0x2
NetpJoinDomainOnDs: status of disconnecting from ‘\\computername.domain.com: 0x0
NetpDoDomainJoin: status: 0x2
These errors mean that the OU the machine tried to domain is invalid. Double check your task sequence and make sure that it isn’t set to put the machine in the default Computers container in AD. In my case, someone had renamed the OU in AD so of course it was invalid!
Recently when troubleshooting some Maintenance Window issues for SCCM 2012 clients, I was watching the client log ServiceWindowManager.log
Each Maintenance Window has a type. For example I set a Maintenance Window for All Deployments.
You can see that this had Type=1.
If you are curious to see what other maintenance windows you may have set for the client, you can check out this link or look at the table below.
||Service Window Type
||All Programs Service Window
||Program Service Window
||Reboot Required Service Window
||Software Update Service Window
||OSD Service Window
||Corresponds to non-working hours.
In an SCCM 2007 environment I was having issues with a client getting a certain package.
When checking Execmgr.log the error showed was “Execution Request for package Packname program Programname state change from WaitingContent to WaitingContent – SCCM 2007″
This error was strange because the particular site where these machines were located were downloading packages without issues previously. I tried deleting the advertisement and re advertising the package but the same issue occured
I then checked the CAS.log and it showed “No matching DP Location found”
The CAS log got me to check out the boundaries, and there was the issue. Whoever set up the site did not add the correct boundary for this site or someone deleted a boundary. I am pretty sure it was to do with the IP Subnet boundaries.
Anyway once the correct boundary was added, I did a machine policy evaluation cycle on the client and the package started downloading fine.
Execution Request for package Packagename program Programname state change from WaitingDependency to WaitingContent
Content is available for program ProgramName.
Download completed for content Packagename under context System
Hash verification succeeded for content Packagename downloaded under context System
The packages then had no issues.