Category Archives: Distribution Points

Execution Request for package Packname program Programname state change from WaitingContent to WaitingContent – SCCM 2007

In an SCCM 2007 environment I was having issues with a client getting a certain package.

When checking Execmgr.log the error showed was “Execution Request for package Packname program Programname state change from WaitingContent to WaitingContent – SCCM 2007″

This error was strange because the particular site where these machines were located were downloading packages without issues previously. I tried deleting the advertisement and re advertising the package but the same issue occured

I then checked┬áthe CAS.log and it showed “No matching DP Location found”

The CAS log got me to check out the boundaries, and there was the issue. Whoever set up the site did not add the correct boundary for this site or someone deleted a boundary. I am pretty sure it was to do with the IP Subnet boundaries.

Anyway once the correct boundary was added, I did a machine policy evaluation cycle on the client and the package started downloading fine.

Execmgr.log
Execution Request for package Packagename program Programname state change from WaitingDependency to WaitingContent
Content is available for program ProgramName.

Cas.log
Download completed for content Packagename under context System
Hash verification succeeded for content Packagename downloaded under context System

The packages then had no issues.

Advertisements

ERROR DPConnection::ConnectRemoteIISManagementWMI() – Failed to connect to DP.domainname.com error = 0x8004100e

I noticed packages were not distributing to one of the Server 2012 R2 SCCM 2012 distribution points. The packages had failed. When checking the distmgr.log on the primary site it showed a few errors such as:

cWmi::Connect() failed to connect to \\DP.domainname.com\root\MicrosoftIISv2.2. Error = 0x8004100E

ERROR DPConnection::ConnectRemoteIISManagementWMI() – Failed to connect to DP.domainname.com error = 0x8004100e

WMI2

For some reason IIS 6 WMI Compatibility was not installed on the distribution point. Once installed, I did an iisreset, redistributed the packes and I could see the packages distributing in distmgr.log

Here is a screenshot of it once it is installed:
WMI1