I had a client where the hardware inventory had not updated in 3 months.
On the client in C:\Windows\CCM\logs\InventoryAgent.log I could see that the client sent the inventory to the management point “Inventory: Successfully sent report. Destination:mp:MP_HinvEndpoint”
I checked MP_Hinv.log on the management point (located in C:\Program Files\SMS_CCM\Logs\MP_Hinv.log) and could see that it received the file from the client
Then I checked dataldr.log on the site server to see if it was processed. Searching for the client name in this log, you can see at the bottom there was a Delta Mismatch.
Now I had to do a full hardware inventory resync on the client. I used the steps from this post to do a full hardware inventory cycle on the client https://brotechcm2012.wordpress.com/2015/11/14/forcing-client-to-do-a-full-hardware-inventory-sync-sccm-2012/
I confirmed that the client was listed in the log MP_Hinv.log but could still not see it in Dataldr.log
I then opened up the SCCM 2012 console and checked \Monitoring\Overview\System Status\Component Status\SMS_INVENTORY_DATA_LOADER
Then it pointed me in the right direction. I saw “Inventory Data Loader failed to process the file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\auth\dataldr.box\Process\HJWO0QKN.MIF because it is larger than the defined maximum allowable size of 5000000.
Solution: Increase the maximum allowable size, which is defined in the registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SMS\Components\SMS_INVENTORY_DATA_LOADER\Max MIF Size (the default is 5 MB), and wait for Inventory Data Loader to retry the operation.”
I checked C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\auth\dataldr.box\Process\ file size and saw it was over 5mb but under 7mb. I increased the registry to 7mb from the key above.
In about 10 minutes I tried the Hardware Inventory Cycle again and this time it was successfully processed in the dataldr.log.
The hardware inventory had successfully updated.