- 1 Change your desktop background image
- 2 You might also like.
- 3 Was this information helpful?
- 4 Thank you for your feedback!
- 5 How to change your background on a Windows 10 device using your settings or a shortcut
- 6 How to change your background on Windows 10 with ashortcut
- 7 Related coverage fromHow To DoEverything: Tech:
- 8 What Happens When You Don’t Activate Windows 10
- 9 Change the Windows 10 Desktop Wallpaper Using File Explorer
- 10 Change the Windows 10 Desktop Wallpaper Using Internet Explorer
- 11 Change the Windows 10 Desktop Background Using Firefox
- 12 How to Go Back to the Default Windows 10 Desktop Wallpaper
- 13 How to Change the Desktop Background on Windows 11
- 14 Getting Started
- 15 Choosing a Picture as Your Desktop Background
- 16 Choosing a Solid Color as Your Desktop Background
- 17 Setting a Slideshow as Your Desktop Background
- 18 How To Change Desktop Background In Windows 10
- 19 Change Windows 10’s desktop background
- 20 Another easy way to change wallpaper in Windows 10
- 21 To set up the desktop slideshow
- 22 Change desktop background from a web browser
- 23 Change desktop background from Photos app
- 24 How to Change Your Desktop Background in Windows 10
- 25 How to Change Desktop Background in Windows 10
- 26 How to Create a Slideshow Background in Windows 10
- 27 How To Use Animated Backgrounds in Windows 10
- 28 How To Use a Video as Animated Background in Windows 10
- 29 Jazz Up Your Desktop Background
- 30 Enable wallpaper Slideshow in Windows 10 even on battery
- 31 How to enable Slideshow
- 32 How to enable when not plugged in
- 33 Related Reading
- 34 How to Change Your Desktop Background in Windows 10
- 35 Customize Windows 10
- 36 How to Change Desktop Background in Windows 10
- 37 How to Change Your Windows 10 Login Screen and Desktop Wallpaper
- 38 Change your wallpaper
- 39 Slideshow options
- 40 Solid color options
- 41 Change your lock screen/sign-in screen
- 42 Use Backiee — Wallpaper Studio 10
Change your desktop background image
Windows 11Windows XPWindows 7Windows VistaWindows 7 More.Less Windows 10Windows 11Windows 8Windows 7Windows 8
- Then, under PersonalizationBackground, pick a picture, a solid color, or a slide presentation from the drop-down box next toPersonalize your background
- Click OK.
- Start by selectingStartSettingsPersonalizationBackground
- Then, from the drop-down menu, choosePicture, Solid color, or Slideshow.
You might also like.
- Pick a background from the list of options by selectingPicture, Solid color, or Slideshow from the StartSettingsPersonalizationBackground drop-down menu.
Start by selectingStartSettingsPersonalizationBackground; then, from the drop-down menu, choosePicture,Solid color, orSlideshow.
Need more help?
Pick a background from the list of options by selectingPicture, Solid color, or Slideshow from the StartSettingsPersonalizationBackground drop-down menu.
Was this information helpful?
Thank you very much! Do you have any more feedback? (The more information you provide, the better we can assist you.) Are you able to assist us in making improvements? (The more information you provide, the better we can assist you.) What factors have an impact on your experience? I was able to resolve my problem. Instructions that are unambiguous Simple to understand and follow There will be no jargon. Pictures were helpful in other ways. Incorrect instructions since they did not match my screen It’s far too technical.
There aren’t enough photographs.
Thank you for your feedback!
Change the background image of your desktop or the accent color of Start, the taskbar, and other things by selecting one from the drop-down menu. SelectStartSettingsPersonalization. The preview window allows you to get a preview of your changes as they are being made in real time.
- You may choose a photo or a solid color for the background, or you can make a slideshow of pictures. InColors, you have the option of letting Windows select an accent color from your backdrop or going on a color trip of your own. After you’ve chosen an accent color, scroll down to the bottom of the page to specify where you want the color to appear. To evaluate if your accent color appears better in aDark or Light mode, scroll up toChoose your option and click on it.
Backdrop: You may choose a photo or solid color, or you can make a slideshow of images. Within Colors, you have the option of letting Windows select an accent color from your backdrop or going on a color journey of your own. Then, when you’ve chosen an accent color, scroll down to designate where you’d want to see it displayed. To evaluate if your accent color appears better in aDark or aLight mode, scroll up toChoose your option and click it.
- You may choose a photo or a solid color for the background, or you can make a slideshow of pictures. InColors, you have the option of letting Windows select an accent color from your backdrop or going on a color trip of your own. Then, when you’ve decided on an accent color, scroll down to pick where you want the color to appear and whether it looks better in a dark or light environment. The Dark setting is seen on the screen above.
How to change your background on a Windows 10 device using your settings or a shortcut
- You have two options for customizing your Windows 10 desktop background: If you already have your new desktop background image stored on your computer, you can simply right-click on it and select “Set as desktop wallpaper” from the context menu. You may also alter your background and modify it to your liking by navigating through your options. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
In spite of the fact that the default Windows 10blue backdrop is visually appealing in its own way, many people find it to be a little too plain for their tastes. Fortunately, you have the ability to personalize the Windows 10 backdrop in any way you consider appropriate. Here’s how you go about it.
Check out the products mentioned in thisarticle:
1.Click on the Windows button, which is located in the lower right corner of your screen (alternatively, you can hit the Windowsbutton on your keyboard). 2.Click on “Settings,” then “Personalization,” and then “Save.” Photo: “Personalization” is located on the left-hand side of the settings menu, just below “System,” in the screenshot above. Taylor Lyles/Business Insider is the source of this information. 3.Now go to “Backdrop” and select your new background by selecting “Browse” and browsing through the photographs on your computer.
Foto: Select a photo from your computer’s hard drive or select “Browse.” source The following image is courtesy of Taylor Lyles/Business Insider.
Foto: You have the option of selecting a photo from a variety of folders on your computer, including your “Pictures” and “Screenshots” directories. source The following image is courtesy of Taylor Lyles/Business Insider.
How to change your background on Windows 10 with ashortcut
1.If you already know what you want to use as your backdrop, find the picture file on your computer and double-click it (likely saved in one of your folders or on your desktop). 2.Right-click the photo and select “Set as desktop background” from the context menu. It is possible to change your desktop backdrop using this approach, which is more direct. source The following image is courtesy of Taylor Lyles/Business Insider.
Related coverage fromHow To DoEverything: Tech:
In the event that you are using an unactivated edition of Windows 10, you are probably aware that you are unable to change your desktop wallpaper via the Settings app. Although it is not possible to alter the desktop wallpaper on an unactivated copy of Windows 10, there is a workaround.
What Happens When You Don’t Activate Windows 10
In the event that you are using an unactivated edition of Windows 10, you are probably aware that you are unable to change your desktop wallpaper using the Settings app. In order to change the desktop wallpaper on an unactivated copy of Windows 10, there is a workaround available.
Change the Windows 10 Desktop Wallpaper Using File Explorer
You may use the built-in File Explorer software to make any picture on your computer or external storage the desktop backdrop by selecting it and pressing the “Set as Desktop Background” button. To utilize this approach, open the folder that contains your wallpaper in File Explorer and choose it from the menu bar. When you see your wallpaper, right-click on it and choose “Set as desktop background” from the context menu. If you’d like to utilize one of the stock wallpapers included with Windows 10, navigate to the following folder using File Explorer: C:WindowsWebWallpaper Investigate the different folders in that location, locate the wallpaper that you want to utilize, right-click on the wallpaper, and select “Set as desktop background.”
Change the Windows 10 Desktop Wallpaper Using Internet Explorer
When using a web browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox, you may utilize any picture on any website to set it as your desktop background. You will not have to download the wallpaper first and then use the File Explore technique to set it as the desktop backdrop in this manner. You may complete the full process entirely within your browser. Please keep in mind that Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge do not provide this feature by default. This will need you to use either Internet Explorer or Firefox to complete the task.
Internet Explorer, which is being phased out in favor of more current browsers such as Microsoft Edge, is advised against using.
Navigate to the website where your wallpaper may be found.
Select “Set as background” from the context menu once you’ve found your favorite wallpaper. You’ll notice a popup appear on your computer screen. To confirm your action, simply click on the “Yes” button.
Change the Windows 10 Desktop Background Using Firefox
This article will show you how to change the wallpaper on your Windows 10 desktop if you choose to use Firefox as your web browser. Open Mozilla Firefox and travel to the site page where your selected wallpaper may be found by clicking on the image. Select “Set as Desktop Background” from the context menu of your chosen wallpaper. You’ll be presented with a box that allows you to customize the way the wallpaper looks on your desktop. The “Position” dropdown option should be selected “Stretch” if your wallpaper does not appear to be filling the complete screen in the preview.
Then select “Set Desktop Background” from the drop-down menu.
How to Go Back to the Default Windows 10 Desktop Wallpaper
In addition, because Windows 10 provides access to all of the standard wallpapers, you may enter the wallpapers folder and set the original wallpaper as your desktop wallpaper. This may be accomplished by opening a File Explorer window and navigating to the following folder: C:WindowsWebWallpaper Alternatively, locate the original wallpaper and right-click it before selecting “Set as desktop background.” You’re ready to go. Did you know that you can get a free upgrade to Windows 10 if you have a Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 product key?
There is no assurance that this will work for everyone in the future, but you may give it a shot and see whether it is effective for your situation.
RELATED:If you have a Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 product key, you can still get Windows 10 for free.
How to Change the Desktop Background on Windows 11
Change your desktop wallpaper in Windows 11 to a new built-in backdrop image, a solid color, or even a custom photo is simple and can be accomplished using the Windows Settings application. Here’s how to do it.
Before you can change your desktop background, you’ll need to launch the Windows Settings program on your computer. Fortunately, Microsoft has provided us with an easy shortcut to use: Make a right-click on the desktop and then pick “Personalize” from the drop-down menu. The “Personalization” category will be shown in the Windows Settings window. Select “Background” from the main options list on the right-hand side of the browser window. Locate the “Personalize Your Background” option under the Background settings section.
- This option allows you to choose a picture or photograph (in the form of an image file) to use as your desktop wallpaper. Solid: This option allows you to choose a single color for your desktop
- Using the Slideshow option, you may choose a folder of images to use as desktop backdrops, which will change automatically over time.
It’s important to note that the “Picture” choice only pertains to the current desktop that is currently selected. If you’re utilizing the virtual desktops feature in Windows 11, you may use a different image for each virtual desktop if you’re using several desktops at the same time.
The “Solid” and “Slideshow” settings, on the other hand, are applied to all of your virtual desktops at the same time. How to Set Different Wallpapers for Virtual Desktops on Windows 11 is a related article.
Choosing a Picture as Your Desktop Background
If you select “Picture” from the “Personalize Your Background” drop-down menu, you will be presented with two primary alternatives. You may either choose a picture from a set of “Recent Images” by clicking on a thumbnail, or you can click “Browse Folders” and pick an image from your computer’s hard drive that you’d want to use. Windows 11’s built-in wallpapers are stored by default in the C:WindowsWebWallpaper directory, in case you get lost when searching for a picture there. Using the drop-down menu next to “Choose a fit for your desktop image,” choose the one that best meets your needs and preferences.
- Using the fill option, you may expand or compress a picture to suit the width of your screen while maintaining the right aspect ratio. Adapt:This option extends or compresses the picture to fit the height of your screen while maintaining the correct aspect ratio. It is possible to stretch or compress a picture to fit inside the dimensions of the screen without keeping the image’s original aspect ratio
- However, this is not recommended. This option repeats the picture as a tile from left to right, starting in the upper-left corner and continuing until the full desktop screen area is taken up by the image. Image displayed in the center of your screen at its original size and aspect ratio is known as the center option. A single picture will be shown across several desktops and on many displays using the Span option.
Choosing a Solid Color as Your Desktop Background
In the “Personalize Your Backdrop” section, if you pick “Solid Color,” you may either choose one of the pre-selected background colors from the grid of colored squares, or you can choose a new color by clicking on the “View Colors” button. Take note that the “Solid Color” choice applies to all of your virtual desktops at the same time, so plan accordingly.
Setting a Slideshow as Your Desktop Background
If you choose “Slideshow” from the “Personalize Your Background” drop-down menu, you’ll be presented with choices that allow you to browse for a folder containing photographs that you wish to cycle through over time. Following the selection of the folder, you can modify the frequency with which the photo is changed by using the “Change Picture Every” drop-down option. Other features include the ability to change the photo order, turn off the slideshow when on battery power, and select a fit by utilizing the Fill, Fit, Stretch (and so on) choices listed above.
Windows 11 has a plethora of exciting new wallpapers to discover, so take your time!
How To Change Desktop Background In Windows 10
Despite the fact that the default desktop backdrop or wallpaper in Windows 10 is visually appealing, not all users are interested in using the same desktop background for an extended period of time and instead want to change the default desktop background to an image of their choosing. In Windows 10, Microsoft has removed the original Personalization pane from the operating system. The Personalize option in the context menu of the right-clicked desktop in Windows 10 is replaced by the Personalization section of the Settings app in its place.
This will ensure the best possible results.
Second, if you’re using the same Microsoft account on all of your PCs, Windows 10 will sync your current desktop backdrop across all of them, according to the default settings.
You may disable this option in the Settings app if you don’t want your desktop wallpaper to be the same on all of your computers. Tip 3: If you are using Windows 11, please see our tutorial on how to change your wallpaper in Windows 11. Method number one of five
Change Windows 10’s desktop background
The first step is to right-click on the desktop to show the context menu, and then selectPersonalizefrom the drop-down menu to open the Personalization area of the Settings application. You may see a sample of the current desktop backdrop on the right hand side of this screen in step 2. In order to alter the wallpaper, pick the Picture option from the drop-down menu under the Background heading. Choose your photo area, then click theBrowsebutton to look for the picture that you want to use as your desktop background.
That’s all there is to it!
Method number two of five
Another easy way to change wallpaper in Windows 10
The first step is to launch File Explorer (Windows Explorer) and go to the folder holding the image that you wish to use as your Windows 10 desktop backdrop. The second step is to right-click on the image file and select “Set as desktop background.” Method number three of five
To set up the desktop slideshow
The first step is to launch File Explorer (Windows Explorer) and go to the folder holding the image that you wish to use as your Windows 10 desktop backdrop. Step 2: 2. Right-click on the photo file and choose “Set as desktop background” from the context menu. third of five possible approaches
Change desktop background from a web browser
When you come across a fantastic photo on the internet and want to use it as your Windows 10 desktop wallpaper, this approach will come in helpful for you. Please keep in mind that this strategy is only applicable to the Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers. If you are using the Microsoft Edge or Chrome browsers, you must first save the image to your computer before proceeding to Method 2. Step 1: Navigate to the webpage that has the image that you wish to use as your Windows 10 wallpaper. The second step is to right-click on the image and select the option “Set as desktop background.” Follow the steps in the Windowsguide to set an animated GIF as your desktop wallpaper if you want to use an animated GIF as your desktop backdrop.
Change desktop background from Photos app
When you come across a fantastic photo on the internet and want to use it as your Windows 10 desktop wallpaper, this approach will come in very helpful. Remember that this strategy is only applicable to the Internet Explorer and Firefox web browsers at this time. If you are using the Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome browsers, you must first save the image to your computer before proceeding to step two. 1st step: Navigate to the webpage that has the image that you wish to use as your Windows 10 background.
Follow the steps in the Windowsguide to set an animated GIF as your desktop background if you want to use an animated GIF as your desktop wallpaper.
How to Change Your Desktop Background in Windows 10
If you’ve recently purchased a Windows computer or have been using one for a time and want to change the backdrop of your desktop, there are a few of different options available for you to choose. For the most part, you’re probably weary of staring at the default blue Windows 10 wallpaper and would prefer to use a gorgeous photo of your family or a slideshow of photos, or live wallpapers as your computer backdrop.
Whatever your personal choice, we’ll teach you how to customize the desktop backdrop and wallpaper in Windows 10 to suit your needs.
How to Change Desktop Background in Windows 10
Not only can a new backdrop offer your desktop a fresh new appearance, but it may also improve your mood and increase your productivity by a significant amount.
- To change the desktop wallpaper in Windows 10, go to StartSettingsPersonalization and select Desktop Background.
- Select the image you’d want to use as your desktop backdrop from theBackgroundssection of the program. You may choose a wallpaper for your desktop from your hard drive, choose one from the suggested pictures provided by Microsoft, or make your own wallpaper. Check out our list of wallpaper sites, where you can get a wide choice of wallpapers, including 4K wallpapers, for a more affordable alternative. oranime desktop wallpapers
- Oranime desktop backgrounds
- You may also change the accent color for your taskbar, Start menu, and other things by going to theColorssection of the Control Panel. Make a decision on where you want the color to appear and whether it will look better in a light or dark environment.
- There are more solutions available, such as Want a fit for your desktop backdrop, which allows you to fit, stretch, or completely cover the screen with the image you choose. You may also center it on a screen, tile it, or spread it across multiple displays. For those who don’t want to be tied down to a single desktop wallpaper, you may enable your computer to automatically change the background after a preset length of time.
Another option for changing your desktop backdrop is to right-click on the image that you want to use as your background picture and then selectSet as desktop wallpaper from the context menu that appears. Note: If you haven’t activated Windows on your computer, you may still be able to visit the Personalization settings, but you won’t be able to alter the background or accent colors on your computer.
How to Create a Slideshow Background in Windows 10
Another option for changing your desktop wallpaper is to right-click on the image you’d want to use as your background picture and then selectSet as desktop background from the context menu, which will appear. Note: If you haven’t activated Windows on your computer, you may still be able to view the Personalization options, but you won’t be able to alter the color of your background or accents.
- Start by selectingStartSettingsPersonalization and then selectingBackground
- To make a slideshow, selectBackground
- When you select Choose albums for your slideshow from the drop-down menu, you’ll see the following:
- Slideshow photos can be kept in any folder or location of your choosing, including the default Pictures album or a specific album or folder of your own. In order to do so, select Browse
- Slideshow photos can be stored in any folder or location of your choosing, including the default Pictures album or a custom album or folder of your own. Then pick Browse from the drop-down menu.
- You may specify how frequently you want the slideshow to update. The default time setting is 30 minutes, but you may change it to one minute or even more if you like it to be shorter. You may accomplish this by going to theChange picture everysection and looking for the drop-down menu that allows you to change the time setting.
Also available are the options to shuffle photographs and choose whether or not to allow slideshows to run when your computer is operating on battery power.
How To Use Animated Backgrounds in Windows 10
It’s possible to modify your boring desktop and give it a personal touch by using dynamic backgrounds instead of single, static photos. Animated backgrounds are aesthetically appealing and can help to bring life to your Windows 10 desktop. However, they have the potential to drain the battery, resulting in decreased battery life and performance. For desktop computers with continuous power supplies, it is preferable to utilize animated backgrounds instead. It is possible to create your own Windows 10 video wallpaper by using programs such as Wallpaper Engine, Rainmeter, PUSH Video Wallpaper, or Desktop Live Wallpapers.
In addition, WallPaper Engine supports a variety of video file types, including MP4, AVI, MOV, WebM, and M4V, among others.
PUSH Video Wallpaper for Windows 10 operates in a similar way as WallPaper Engine, except that you may use full-length films as your animated wallpaper instead of only short clips.
When your desktop isn’t visible, the live wallpapers are turned off in order to decrease power use and battery life.
How To Use a Video as Animated Background in Windows 10
If you don’t like single, static graphics, you may use dynamic backgrounds to liven up your dreary desktop and give your computer a unique personality. Windows 10 desktops with animated backgrounds provide a more vibrant visual appearance. They can, however, deplete the battery’s capacity, resulting in decreased battery life and functionality. A desktop PC with an uninterrupted power supply is preferable when using animated backgrounds. Wallpaper Engine, Rainmeter, PUSH Video Wallpaper, and Desktop Live Wallpapers are some of the tools you may use to create your own Windows 10 video wallpaper.
Additional features include support for video file types such as MP4, AVI (with subtitles), MOV (with subtitles), WebM (with subtitles), and M4V.
PUSH Video Wallpaper for Windows 10 operates in a similar way to WallPaper Engine, but it allows you to use full-length films as your animated wallpaper instead of only short clips from popular movies.
When your desktop isn’t visible, the live wallpapers are turned off in order to save energy use and save power.
If you don’t want to pay to utilize these programs, you may build your own motion wallpapers for Windows using free alternatives such as Desktop Movie and VLC, or you can use a GIF as your wallpaper.
- If you’re not a fan of single, static graphics, you may use dynamic backgrounds to liven up your dreary desktop and give your computer a unique personality. Animated backgrounds enhance the aesthetic appeal of your Windows 10 desktop and bring it to life. They can, however, deplete the battery’s capacity, resulting in decreased battery life and performance. For desktop computers with continuous power supplies, it is preferable to utilize animated backdrops. Windows 10 video wallpaper may be created with apps like as Wallpaper Engine, Rainmeter, PUSH Video Wallpaper, and Desktop Live Wallpapers. WallPaper Engine is a Steam application that allows you to create animated wallpapers or import wallpapers that others have created onto your computer. In addition, WallPaper Engine supports a variety of video file types, including MP4, AVI, MOV, WebM, and M4V (as well as others). UseRainmeter to completely remodel Windows 10 with gorgeous display skins and active desktop widgets for a next-generation desktop background. PUSH Video Wallpaper for Windows 10 operates in a similar way as WallPaper Engine, except that you may use full-length films as your animated wallpaper instead of short clips. In addition to hundreds of gorgeous animated wallpapers that you can download, Desktop Live Wallpapers lets you put your own personal video clips into the software and set them as animated backdrops. When your desktop isn’t visible, the live wallpapers are turned off in order to conserve battery life. If you don’t want to pay to utilize these programs, you may make your own motion wallpapers for Windows using free alternatives such as Desktop Movie and VLC, or you can set a GIF as your wallpaper.
- Select the Videotab, and then select your display device from the DirectX video outputsection under theOutputdropdown list in the DirectX video outputsection. VLC media player should be restarted once you have saved your changes.
- Right-click on the movie you wish to use as an animated wallpaper on your desktop and pick Video > Set as Wallpaper from the context menu. When you’re finished, you may uncheck theSet as wallpaper option in the Options menu.
Wallpapers and dynamic backgrounds aren’t the only methods to personalize your desktop background; there are plenty more options available. Customize the look and feel of your computer’s desktop by installing Windows 10 themes from the Microsoft Store. Themes may be customized with a variety of color palettes, images, and sounds. Check out our collection of Windows 10 themes for the most visually appealing Windows experience.
Jazz Up Your Desktop Background
There are a plethora of customization choices available to you to help you make your Windows 10 PC more unique. Desktop backgrounds may give your computer a more vibrant environment, and they can help you get rid of the monotonous conventional blue background. Do you want to go any further? Continue reading for the finest minimalist desktop wallpaper as well as our comprehensive guide on how to personalize your Windows 10 experience.
Enable wallpaper Slideshow in Windows 10 even on battery
We’ve previously published a substantial amount on how to customize Windows 10 for PCs and laptops, which you can find here (link at the end). A good example of this is Slideshow, which is something I’d never used before. The underlying notion is quite simple. Create a folder containing your preferred wallpaper and set your operating system to change it every X minutes. It’s a fun way to keep your desktop looking new, and it’s even great if you’re having trouble deciding which wallpaper to use.
What is the explanation behind this?
How to enable Slideshow
Slideshow may be enabled in a few simple steps. But first and foremost, you’ll want to create a folder that contains all of the wallpaper that you intend to cycle. It is recommended that you establish aSlideshow folder within the Pictures folder. Once the folder has been established, you can simply copy and paste (or transfer) all of your photographs into it. You may even create a OneDrive folder if that’s what you prefer. Remember that these wallpapers will sync across all of our Windows 10 devices, regardless of whether or not the wallpapers are stored on their hard drives as well.
1. Go to All Settings by clicking the Notification Center
Go to yourSlideshow folder that you made previously in order to provide the directory location.
6. Set time interval
Change the photo every time by selecting a time choice ranging from 1 minute to 1 day underChange picture every time. The frequency at which your wallpaper is automatically rotated is determined by this setting. For my system, I choose to poll every 10 minutes, however some of you may like to poll once a day instead. It is entirely up to you!
7. Choose a fit
This decision is completely up to the user. The majority of individuals chooseFit when this option is selected. It is possible, though, that you will want to TileorStretch if you have a smaller wallpaper.
When using a multi-monitor configuration, you will notice that each monitor will display a separate/different wallpaper from your picture dump as a nice bonus. I have to confess that it is rather entertaining to have three different backgrounds cycle around on my home computer.
How to enable when not plugged in
Unless explicitly enabled, the Slideshow functionality on a laptop that is not connected to AC power will not function by default. The rationale for this should be self-explanatory: electricity savings. We don’t know exactly how much energy is lost when we change the wallpaper, especially if we just do it once per hour or so. No matter how you configure it, the operating system will disable the function until you connect the computer to a dedicated power supply. So, if you’re using Slideshow on your Surface Pro 3 and are perplexed as to why it isn’t updating, now you know why.
Just be aware that, despite the fact that it does not appear to be a significant move, you will most likely have an influence on your battery life.
Depending on which electricity plan is currently in effect (or all of them) choose Modify the plan’s parameters.
Depending on whatever electricity plan is currently in effect (or all of them) choose Plan modifications are made.
5. Desktop background settings
Expand the tree by double-clicking on it under the section “Desktop backdrop settings.” You will now notice options forSlideshow, one forOn battery, and another forPlugged in, as well as additional options. Change the choice fromPaused toAvailable under the On battery section. Select OK at this point. That’s all there is to it! Slideshow should now be able to run on your laptop or Surface regardless of whether or not it is charging. If, on the other hand, you see that your battery life has been reduced, you can simply redo the steps above and turn Slideshow back onPausedwhen the battery is low.
In conclusion, for those who are interested, the background photos featured in this post are courtesy of Michael Gillett (@MichaelGillett), and you may download these as well as many more photographs from his OneDrive here. I often frequently visit the website Deviant Art and do a search for Windows 10.
How to make your Windows 10 experience more personalized Don’t forget to visit ourWindows 10 help, tips, and tricks page for additional information. Alternatively, if you have any questions, you can always post them in ourWindows 10 Forums at Windows Central for more assistance.
How to Change Your Desktop Background in Windows 10
How to make your Windows 10 experience more personalized. Remember to visit ourWindows 10 help, tips, and tricks page for further information. Alternately, in the event you have any questions, you can always post them in our Windows 10 Forums at Windows Central for more assistance.
- How to Use Windows 10 – A Beginner’s Guide for Power UsersHow to Use Windows 10 How to Factory Reset Your Windows 10 Computer
- How to Snap Four Windows at the Same Time in Windows 10
Customize Windows 10
- Create your own custom keyboard shortcuts
- Make Windows 10 look and feel more like Windows 7
- And more. Change the default Windows font
- Disable notification and system sounds
- And change the default Windows language. Windows 10 allows you to customize your desktop background. Change the size of the icon
- The Dark Theme should be enabled in Windows 10. Create a Custom Windows 10 Theme for Free
- You can choose to have your name hidden on the login screen. Add a new column to the Start Menu’s drop-down menu. Get File Previews that Look and Feel Like a Mac
- Make a shortcut to My Computer on your desktop. Photo editing to make them suitable for use as backgrounds
- Colorize the accents
- Personalize the Autoplay Menu
- Fonts can be installed and deleted. Customize the Action Center’s appearance
- Transparency effects can be turned off. Classic Solitaire and Minesweeper are available for purchase. Customize the appearance of Windows 10 Books
- To the Taskbar, add a URL Field
- And Add Clocks from a variety of different time zones
- Re-establish the previous volume control
- Disable the Windows 10 startup delay by pressing F12. Add Quick Contacts to the Start Menu
- Make Hidden Files and Folders Visible
- Show Hidden Files and Folders Enable Spatial Sound in your browser. The Best Themes
- All of Windows 10’s Helpful Hints Change the background of the Login Screen
- Installing new desktop themes is a good idea.
How to Change Desktop Background in Windows 10
On your computer, you may change the desktop wallpaper to any color, photo, or slideshow that you like. The procedures to change the desktop background in Windows 10 may be found below the break. As soon as you start up a new computer, the blue Windows 10 desktop wallpaper that most users are accustomed with will appear on the screen. However, while the default blue Windows 10 wallpaper is pleasing to the eye, many users choose to experiment with different wallpapers or colors, or even their favorite images, as the desktop backdrop on their laptops.
As a result, we’ve shown below how to change the desktop backdrop in Windows 10 to any color, wallpaper, or photo of your choosing.
1.Change Desktop Background Wallpaper
Desktop background wallpapers are included with Windows 10, and you may use them to customize the look of your computer’s desktop backdrop by selecting one of them. 1.Click on the Start button, then on the Settingsicon in the start menu that appears. 2.On the Settings screen, select thePersonalizationtab from the drop-down menu. 3.On the following screen, in the left pane, select Background (1) from the drop-down menu. In the right-pane, selectPictureas the background type by clicking on thedown arrow (2)under the ‘Background’ part of the right-pane.
Choose theWallpaper (3) that you wish to use as the new desktop wallpaper on your computer.
Under the Choose a fit (4)section, you may make changes to the image by selecting from the Fit, Fill, Stretch, and other choices that are offered.
2. Change Desktop Background to Solid Colour
In place of showing photos, some computer users choose to have a solid color background shown as the desktop wallpaper on their computer. A color desktop background consumes fewer resources and makes the desktop icons more visible and simple to discover than a plain background. 1.OpenSettings Select thePersonalization tab from the drop-down menu. 2.On the following screen, in the left pane, select Background (1) from the drop-down menu. Solid Color (2) should be selected as the backdrop type in the right-pane.
3.Change Desktop Background to Slideshow
1.Go to the Personalization section of the Settings menu. In the left pane, select Background (1) from the drop-down menu. SelectSlideshow (2) as the backdrop type in the right-pane and then click on theBrowse (3)button to browse for a suitable image. 2.On the following page, navigate to the Folder holding the photos that you want to include in the slideshow and click Open. Following the selection of photographs, you can customize the Photo Change Frequency for the Slideshow by selecting the desired time period under theChange picture every (4)section of the Slideshow (See image in item 1 above).
4.Set Any Photo As Desktop Background
1.Go to the Personalization section of the Settings menu. In the left pane, select Background (1) from the drop-down menu. Picture (2) is selected as the background type in the right-pane; theBrowse (3)button is selected as the background image. 2.On the following page, choose and pick the photograph that you wish to use as your computer’s desktop backdrop. You may need to alter the layout of the background picture once you have selected it by clicking on the down-arrow (4)under the ‘Choose a fit’ area and picking one of the choices listed below.
- Fill: The desktop background picture will fill the whole desktop (the image’s size may be increased or decreased)
- The image will be the same size because of the fit. Tile: The picture will be repeated indefinitely until it fills the full desktop
- Stretch:Similar to fill, the picture will stretch to suit the available space on the screen. The image will be placed in the center of the desktop
- Center: The image will be placed in the center of the desktop
- Center: Span: The picture will be stretched across the entire desktop
You may experiment with all of the alternatives to get a better understanding of them and then select the one that best matches your needs.
5. Right-click to Set Any Photo As Desktop Background
Using the right-click menu on any photo on your computer’s hard drive, you can make it the desktop backdrop picture in Windows 10.
This is a really interesting function. 1.Right-click on the photograph that you wish to use as your computer’s desktop background and selectSet As Desktop Background from the right-click menu. 2.The photograph you have chosen will be displayed as the desktop background on your computer.
- What is the best way to remove desktop background images in Windows 10? How to Change the Desktop Background in Windows 10
- How to Change the Login Screen Background in Windows 10
- Fix: Unable to Change the Desktop Background in Windows 10
How to Change Your Windows 10 Login Screen and Desktop Wallpaper
Nothing is quite as impersonal and monotonous as the default backdrop that comes pre-installed on your PC. It’s time to update your profile picture, whether it’s a drop of water or a landscape image of a location you’ve never been. It should be something that reflects your personality. Following these simple instructions, you will be able to customize the wallpaper on your Windows 10 desktop. As an added bonus, we’ll teach you how to customize the backdrop of the lock and sign-in windows. Would you want to make use of a third-party app instead?
Change your wallpaper
The first step is to right-click anywhere on the desktop and then selectPersonalizefrom the pop-up option that appears. By default, the Settings app should open to thePersonalizationsection, which should reveal your background customization choices. Although the appearance of this screen will be changed in Windows 11, the same options will be available. Alternatively, you may enter the Settings app by pressing the Startbutton followed by the gear symbol that appears on the Startmenu while the Startmenu is shown.
- Step 2: Select one of the three options from the drop-down menu beneathBackground: Picture, Solid Color, or Slideshow from the drop-down menu beneathBackground.
- If you choose Slideshow or Solid Color, go to the next parts.
- 3: Select a thumbnail from the Choose Your Picture section and it will immediately change the backdrop on your computer screen.
- Step 4: Select the Browsebutton from the drop-down menu.
- It has now been set as your desktop backdrop.
- If you have more than one monitor connected to your computer, you may customize the backdrop on each one separately.
- Step 7: While the Settings window is still active, right-click on one of the thumbnails that appears under Choose Your Picture.
- For numerous wallpapers, you must first add each photo to the thumbnail ribbon by clicking on theBrowsebutton and picking a picture from your computer’s hard drive or memory card.
If you choose Slideshow, you will be presented with a different set of alternatives. Keep in mind that if you have more than one display, a separate wallpaper will be displayed on each of the displays you have. While there may be some differences in the appearance of the Windows 11 interface, the overall procedure will remain the same. Click on the Browsebutton and navigate to the folder containing the photographs you wish to use as wallpapers. The photographs do not have to be chosen one by one by the user.
Toggle theShufflefeature on or off in the third step. If you’re using battery power, you can enable or disable the slideshow in Step 4. Step 5:Click on the Choose a Fit drop-down menu and choose one of six options: Fill, Fit, Stretch, Tile, Center, or Span from the list that appears.
Solid color options
For solid colors, your only options are to choose from a palette of 25 color samples or to click thePlusbutton next toCustom Colorand create your own backdrop color.
Change your lock screen/sign-in screen
While you may choose the background for both the lock screen and the sign-in screen, you can also customize the content that shows on each of these panels. You’ll see options to select an app that can show its detailed status and seven additional apps that can show their quick status as you adjust the wallpaper. As you adjust the wallpaper, you’ll see options to select an app that can show its detailed status and seven additional apps that can show their quick status. If you don’t want anything to display on your lock and sign-in screens, you may leave these fields blank.
By default, the Settings app should open to thePersonalizationsection, which should reveal your background customization choices.
Personalization may be found under the Personalization tab.
In Windows 11, you’ll want to begin by selecting theLock Screensection from the Start menu.
In this example, we’ll use the wordPicture.
Alternatively, you may use the Browse button.
Navigate to the image you want to use and choose it by clicking on the Choose Picturebutton.
Keep in mind that if you selectedSlideshow, you will need to click thePlussymbol next toAdd a Folder in order to pick the folder containing your photographs.
Step 6:On the Sign-In Screen, you may access an optional feature by selecting the toggle that appears next to the text Show Lock Screen Background Picture (seen by default).
Use Backiee — Wallpaper Studio 10
In the event that you’re the sort of person who enjoys changing up your background photos, a third-party app may be the ideal alternative for you (particularly if you want to do it with the least amount of effort possible). Backiee — Wallpaper Studio 10 is one of the most popular of these programs. This remarkable program provides you with the opportunity to discover a mixture of unique and trendy wallpapers, many of which feature fantastic resolutions that go up to 8K. With one of these adorable designs, you may do whatever you like with it; put one on your lock screen, or use it as a background on your computer’s desktop.
And that’s not all. Unfortunately, if you choose to use the free version, you may be subjected to some intrusive advertisements. In exchange for a tiny monthly subscription that starts at $1.49, you may have them removed from your computer.
- Offers for the best Adobe Photoshop for February 2022
- Offers for the best Microsoft Office for February 2022
- Instructions on how to delete your Instagram account
- What is the best way to start a group on Gmail
- Learn how to utilize Continuity Markup and Sketch in your projects.