- 1 How Do You Change Windows’ Default Download Path?
- 2 The Question
- 3 The Answer
- 4 How to Change the Default Download Location in Windows 10
- 5 How to Change Default Download Location in Windows 10 for Microsoft Edge
- 6 Change Default Location of Files in Windows
- 7 How to change the download location in Windows 10, 8, 7
- 8 Change default download location on PC
- 9 How To Change Default Download Location In Windows 10
- 10 Change Default Download Location Using File Explorer
- 11 Change Default Download Location Using Registry Editor
- 12 Change Default Download Location For Various File Types
- 13 Change Default Download Location In Microsoft Edge
- 14 How to Change Default Download Location Windows 10 in 2022?
- 15 Why change default download location Windows 10?
- 16 How to change default download location Windows 10?
- 17 Optional reading: move files from the C drive to another drive to free up space?
- 18 Conclusion
- 19 How to change the download location on a Windows 10 computer, and choose a new folder for your downloads
- 20 Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
- 21 move download folder to other drive in windows 10
- 22 Easily Change the Default Download Location in Windows 10
- 23 Way 1: Change Location of Downloads Folder in Windows Downloads Settings
- 24 Way 2: Change Where Downloads Go in Storage Settings
- 25 Way 3: Change Default Download Path via iSunshare System Genius
- 26 How to Change Default Download Location on Windows 10
- 27 Method 1
- 28 Method 2
- 29 Method 3
- 30 Method 4
- 31 Method 5
- 32 Conclusion
- 33 Download a file – Computer
- 34 Change your default download permissions
- 35 See a list of files you’ve downloaded
- 36 Change default PDF download permissions
- 37 Change download locations
- 38 Default download locations
- 39 Related resources
- 40 How To Change Netflix Video Download Location In Windows 10/Android
- 41 Where are Netflix downloads stored in windows 10?
- 42 How to change Netflix download location Windows 10
- 43 How to Change Windows 10 Downloads Folder Location
- 44 Changing Windows 10 Download Folder Location
- 45 Conclusion
- 46 How to Change the Downloads folder Location in Windows 11
- 47 How to I change the Downloads folder in Windows 11
How Do You Change Windows’ Default Download Path?
What if you want or need to modify the default download location on your Windows system? The default download location on our Windows systems works well enough most of the time without causing any problems. Given this context, the advice in today’s SuperUser Q A article will be particularly beneficial to a dissatisfied reader. SuperUser, a branch of Stack Exchange, a community-driven grouping of Question and Answer web sites, has provided us with today’s Question and Answer session. Thanks, SuperUser!
SuperUser is a reader who Dr. John A. Zoidberg would want to know how to modify the default download route in Windows. His question is as follows: The pathC:Downloadsis much prettier than the pathC:UsersMynameDownloads, which I would want to maintain as clear as possible on my disk paths. How can I prevent Windows 10 from defaulting to the location of the user name profile by setting a preference? What is the procedure for changing the default download path in Windows?
Contributors Techie007 and Charles Burge from SuperUser have provided us with a solution. First and foremost, Techie007: 1. Launch the Windows Explorer program. 2.Create a new folder in your computer that will serve as your Downloads folder (i.e. C:Downloads) 3.Right-click Downloads from the This PC menu. 4.ClickProperties 5.Click on the Location Tab. 6.ClickMove 7.Choose the folder that you created in Step 28. Once it has completed transferring everything to the new folder, click OK to dismiss theProperties Window.
- For those of you who are primarily concerned with downloading files from the Internet, your web browser provides a feature that allows you to specify the default download destination.
- Do you want to contribute something to the explanation?
- You might be interested in reading more answers from other tech-savvy Stack Exchange members.
- a picture of a picture of a picture (Screenshot) Photograph courtesy of Techie007 (SuperUser)
How to Change the Default Download Location in Windows 10
- Edge: SelectSettingsDownloads from theMainmenu of the browser. Change the location by selecting it underLocation. Navigate to your destination and choose Select Folder
- To change the location of new material in Windows 10, go to SettingsSystemStorageChange. Configure the default destinations for different file types
This article describes how to modify the default downloads folder in Windows 10 straight from the Microsoft Edge browser, a functionality that was previously unavailable in the original Internet Explorer. It also contains instructions on how to modify the default download location for various sorts of files in the Windows 10 settings menu.
How to Change Default Download Location in Windows 10 for Microsoft Edge
Setting the download location in Microsoft Edge is simple and straightforward.
- Open Microsoft Edge on your computer. Alternately, pressAlt + X or selectSettings and more (the three horizontal dots) in the upper-right corner
- Make your selection from the drop-down menu
- Change the Downloads option under Downloads
- Locate the appropriate place and select Select Folder from the drop-down menu.
In most cases, changing the default download location is the ideal option when you first set up a new Windows 10 computer, when you first reset your machine, or when you have only a few items in your default Downloads folder.
Change Default Location of Files in Windows
In addition, there are more settings in Windows 10 that allow you to change the default destinations for different types of files.
- OpenSettings. Either go to the WindowsStart Menu and selectSettings, or press the Windows key + I simultaneously. SelectSystem
- SelectStorage from the left-hand navigation pane. Choose Change the location where new material is saved from the More Storage Settings drop-down menu. Select the default place for a variety of files, including new applications, new documents, new music, and other types of files
- And Select the drop-down arrow next to an item you wish to alter and then select the relevant drive from the list that appears.
Thank you for informing us about this!
How to change the download location in Windows 10, 8, 7
Installing X by clicking on the downloaded fileHas it ever happened to you that you didn’t have enough free disk space to download a file, a folder, or even a program on Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows 10 because you didn’t have enough free disk space? Because Windows 8, 7, and 10, like all other Microsoft operating systems, have the default download destination folder placed in your C:/ disk, which also contains your operating system, this is mostly the problem. You will most likely not have as much room as you would like due to this cause, among other things.
Additionally, even if a notification appears stating that you do not have enough free disk space on a certain partition, you may still alter the location of the download folder.
Change default download location on PC
- After you have turned on your Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 computer, you will need to left click on the desktop icon that appears in the start screen. Right-click on the “Windows Explorer” icon that appears in the lower left-hand corner of the screen when you have successfully accessed your desktop feature. Now, from the menu that appears, you will need to left click on the “Desktop” icon on the left side of the screen. To reach the “Desktop,” double-click (or left click) on My Computer or This PC (depending on your operating system version), and once the “My Computer” window is displayed, left click on the “Desktop” icon in the left-hand pane of the screen. Now, once you have selected “Desktop,” several icons will appear on the right side of the window, and you will need to double-click (left-click) on the folder that has the name of your account in order to proceed. Right-click on the “Downloads” folder that appears in the folder that you just accessed and select “Save target as” from the menu that appears. In order to access the properties of the “Downloads” folder, you must first right-click on the folder and then click on “Properties.” Now that the “Properties” window has been opened, you will need to left click on the “Location” tab that appears in the upper left corner of that window
- After this is done, the window will close. As a result of clicking on the “Location” tab, you can see the path that the downloaded things will take. Simply left-click on the “Move.” button that appears beneath the desired path
- After you have left clicked on “Move.”, you will be prompted to enter the disk where you want your stuff to be downloaded as well as the folder in which you want them to be saved. Keep in mind that if the folder you have specified does not exist after you left click on the “Apply” button located in the lower right corner of the screen, you will be prompted whether or not you wish to create that download folder, and you will left click on “OK” to confirm your decision. Another “Move folder” window will appear, which will show you the old and new locations, and you will need to left click on the “Yes” button, which is located in the lower right corner of the screen
- Another “Move folder” window will appear, which will show you the old and new locations, and you will need to left click on the “Yes” button
- Another “Move folder” window will appear
- Another “Move folder” window will Now, in the “Download Properties” window, you’ll have to left-click on the “OK” button to confirm your selection. Check to see if the Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 system has created a “Downloads” folder at the new place where you choose to download your files by going to that location. Note: If your Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 device has not yet generated the “Downloads” folder in the new directory, restart it and try again when it has been powered on.
How do I change the default save location in Windows 10?
It is also possible to modify the download folder save location from the Settings page if Windows 10 is your operating system of choice.
- Select Storage from the SettingsSystems drop-down menu. Now, select the option ‘Change the location where new material is saved’ from the drop-down menu. Set the download destination for each item category to the location you choose.
Expert Recommendation: Some PC problems are difficult to resolve, particularly when it comes to damaged repositories or missing Windows components. If you’re having problems correcting an issue, it’s possible that your system is partially broken. Installing Restoro, a program that will scan your system and discover the source of the problem, is highly recommended. To download and begin mending, go to this link. As a result, you can now go ahead and download your files or applications in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 without having to worry about where the download will be saved.
Also, finding out where a Windows 10 update is kept on your computer might be difficult, but you can find a new tutorial here that explains where the default download folder for the Windows 10 versions is located, which is updated often.
- What is the best way to download more cursors in Windows 8 and Windows 10? Why does Google Chrome’s Show in folder option not function on Windows 8, 8.1, and 10
- How can I zip folders on Windows 8, 8.1, and 10?
How To Change Default Download Location In Windows 10
Your downloaded files are saved on your computer’s hard drive in a specific folder by default in Windows 10. Alternatively, you may change the default download location on your Windows 10 PC to any other folder of your choosing if you so like. It is possible that you will wish to modify the default downloads folder on your computer for a variety of reasons. Or perhaps you’d want to save your downloaded stuff on a certain disk. Alternatively, perhaps you’re starting a new download job and you’d like all of the files to be saved in a certain folder?
Change Default Download Location Using File Explorer
Changing the default download destination may be accomplished through the use of the File Explorer program.
- Cortana search may be used to look for and open this computer.
- To create a default downloads folder, navigate to the disk where you wish to store your downloaded files. Once you’ve arrived at your destination disk, right-click any empty space and select New followed by Folder
- Fill in the blanks with a name for your new downloads folder. This is the location where all of your future downloaded files will be stored
- Navigate to the root folder on this computer so that you can see theDownloadsfolder
- Properties may be accessed by right-clicking theDownloadsfolder and selectingProperties.
- On the following screen, select the Location tab from the drop-down menu. The current path to your downloads folder may be seen in theLocationtab of the program. To alter the location of this folder, click on the Move button.
- Your computer will prompt you to choose a new default downloads folder for your files. Navigate to the location on your computer where you created the new folder and choose it
- When you’re finished, clickApply followed byOK to make your newly selected folder the default download destination.
- If you ever wish to go back to the old downloads folder, simply click theRestore Defaultbutton, and your settings will be restored.
Change Default Download Location Using Registry Editor
The Windows Registry Editor allows you to make several changes to your computer’s configuration. This includes the ability to change the default download location on your Windows 10 laptop or desktop computer. Your chosen folder will automatically become the default download destination when you make a single change to a single entry in the Windows registry.
- Create a new folder that will serve as the default downloads location for your computer. Anywhere on your computer, including your attached disks, might be the location of this file. File Explorer should be used to access your freshly formed folder. You must copy the location to your new downloads folder into your clipboard. Ctrl + Con your keyboard to copy the route after clicking the address bar and highlighting the whole path
- To enter the Run dialog box, press the Windows + R keys at the same time.
- Enter the following code into the Run box and press Enter to start the program. This will launch the Registry Editor.regedit, which is a text editor.
- The following path should be entered into the Registry Editor after it has been opened. Explorer User Shell Folders are located under the HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Windows CurrentVersion Explorer User Shell Folders key in the registry.
- There are various registry values that you may change on the right-hand side of the window on the right-hand pane. Select and double-click the item that has the percent USERPROFILE percent Downloads in itsDatacolumn
- To replace the existing information in theValue databox, place your cursor in the databox and hit Ctrl + V to paste the path to the location of your new downloads folder location. Then press OK to save your changes.
Change Default Download Location For Various File Types
When using Windows 10, you may pick separate disks for storing different sorts of files using a feature called File Type Selection. You may modify the location where your computer saves your programs, documents, music, and other files with this function. However, you are not given the option of selecting a specific folder. Only one drive may be selected as the location where your new material will be kept.
- Launch the Start Menu, type inSettings, then click on it to open it.
- When you reach the next screen, choose the option that says System.
- To access storage, select it from the list of choices on the left sidebar.
- On the right-hand side pane, you’ll see information on your storage space. Select the option that reads “Change where new material is saved” from the drop-down menu.
- What stuff is saved where and how much space it takes up will be displayed on the next screen. The default downloads drive for a certain content type may be changed by selecting the desired drive from the drop-down menu that appears next to the content type’s file type.
You can use this feature to alter the default download location for the following items:
- Apps, documents, music, photos, videos, movies, television series, and offline maps are all examples of what is available.
Change Default Download Location In Microsoft Edge
It is possible to alter the default download destination in Microsoft Edge on your computer so that all future downloads are saved in the folder of your choosing. Changing this setting will only have an effect on this particular browser. Your other browsers will continue to save your files in the locations where they were previously saved.
- Open the Start Menu, type “Microsoft Edge” into the search bar, then click “Open.”
- The three dots in the top-right corner of your browser’s window should be clicked, and the option that reads Settings should be selected.
- On your screen, you’ll find a number of options in the left-hand sidebar. Locate the option that reads “Downloads” and choose it by clicking on it. This option will allow you to make changes to your download preferences
- You’ll see an item labeled “Location” on the right-hand side of the screen. This is the location where Edge is now storing your files. By clicking on theChangebutton, you may change the default downloads folder.
- If you choose your new folder as the default downloads folder, File Explorer will open and allow you to pick it. Select the folder by right-clicking it and choosingSelect Folder
- For Microsoft Edge to inquire where you want to save a file each time it downloads something, turn on the toggle for “Ask where to save each file before downloading” when it is active.
To change the default download destination if you use a download manager to download files, navigate to the settings of your download management program and select the desired place from the list. Many applications do not download files to the normal Windows downloads folder, which is a good thing. Is it possible that you’ve had to modify the default download location on your Windows 10 computer? What approach did you employ to do this? Please let us know in the comments section below.
How to Change Default Download Location Windows 10 in 2022?
Help! My laptop is now five years old, and the C drive is running out of capacity. It has also occurred to me that if I download something from the internet, the downloaded files are immediately stored to the C drive. Is this correct? If you want to change the default download location in Windows 10, you may do it with a few clicks. Appreciate!
Why change default download location Windows 10?
The majority of the time, when we download something from the internet, it is immediately stored to the “Downloads” folder on the C drive. The C drive is also known as the system drive since it stores system files that are necessary for your computer to function properly. When the C drive is completely full, a variety of issues, including system failures and a blank screen, may occur. As a result, changing the default download location in Windows 10 is almost always essential in order to free up space on the C drive.
How to change default download location Windows 10?
As previously said, if you discover that your C drive is running out of space, you should try changing the default download location on Windows 10 in order to free up storage space on your computer. However, how does one go about doing so? I’ve compiled three practical solutions to assist you with it.
Method 1. Use File Explorer
If you want to change the default download drive in Windows 10, the first thing that comes to mind should be File Explorer, which is also the most plain and easiest method available. 1. To open Windows Explorer, double-click on “This PC” on your desktop to launch it. 2. Right-click on the “Downloads” folder and then pick “Properties” from the context menu. 3. Select the “Location” tab from the drop-down menu. 4. Select “Move” to move the default download location to another disk, such as D, and then select “Apply” to continue.
5: When asked “Do you wish to relocate all the files from their current place to another location?,” choose “Yes.” Wait a few seconds for the procedure to be finished before continuing.
Method 2. Use web browser
To alter the default download destination in Windows 10, you may also make changes to your web browser, such as Chrome or Firefox, so that the downloaded file is automatically saved to a different disk rather than the usual C drive. 1. Open a web browser on your computer. 2. Select the 3-dot menu item that says “Settings and more.” After that, click “Settings.” 3. Under “Advanced settings,” select “View advanced settings” from the drop-down menu. Change the default download destination to another disk by selecting it under “Downloads” and clicking on “Change.”
Method 3. Use Registry Editor
The final technique is to modify the Windows 10 registry to alter the default download location. If you are not a seasoned computer user, you should avoid using this approach since if you make a mistake, your system is likely to crash as a result. 1. To bring up the Run box, use “Windows + R” on your keyboard. 2. To open the Registry Editor, type “regedit.exe” and press the “ENTER” key. 3. Go to the following path: HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders in the Registry Editor.
After it has been completed, click on “OK.”
Optional reading: move files from the C drive to another drive to free up space?
To recap, I discussed how to free up space on the C drive by changing the default download location in Windows 10 earlier in this article. They are, to a certain extent, beneficial; nevertheless, if you desire to free up more space, you may need to employ third-party software. AOMEI Partition Assistant Professionalis a good choice for this task since it is simple to transfer different data, applications, and programs from the C disk to other drives like the D, E, and F drives. Furthermore, you may use this sophisticated program to canallocate spare space, combine unallocated space onto the C drive, and resize partitions, among other things.
- Try the sample version of the most powerful disk manager to see how easy it is to do it!
- Then all of the disks, together with their associated information, will show.
- Select “All Tools” from the drop-down menu on the left side of the screen, and then “App Mover” from the “Other Tools” drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Select the applications and programs that you wish to relocate from the C drive to another disk and assign them a destination on the new drive.
- To begin the moving procedure, select “Move” from the drop-down menu and press “OK.” Step 6: When you’re finished, click on the “Finish button.”
Changing the default download location in Windows 10 might help you clear up space on your C drive. In the instruction above, I gave three tools: File Explorer, web browsers, and the Registry Editor (for Windows users). Although the techniques may change, the end effect is the same in each case. In the meanwhile, the third-party program AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional has been made available for download.
With it, you may easily transfer any files from the C drive to other drives in order to provide adequate space for the system partition on the hard disk. If you wish to run this program on a server, you should consider purchasing the Server edition.
How to change the download location on a Windows 10 computer, and choose a new folder for your downloads
- If you want files to automatically download to a certain area on your Windows 10 computer, you may modify the download destination on your computer. If you want to alter the location of your downloads in Windows 10, you may transfer your Downloads folder to a different place. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
Items such as images, applications, documents, and other types of files are routinely downloaded onto our computers, and these downloads all automatically go to the same location. Generally speaking, this is rather helpful since it maintains track of everything you download into your computer, even if you later decide to store a particular item somewhere else after you have downloaded it to your computer. But if you want all of your files to download to a separate area on your computer, there is a technique to do this.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1.Click on the File Explorer icon on your desktop. If you don’t have the icon of a file folder pinned to your taskbar, you may open File Explorer by typing “File Explorer” into the search box in the bottom left corner of your screen, which will bring up the application. Using the “New Folder” option located under the Home tab at the top of the screen, you may create a new folder to be used as your download destination right away. If you already have a place where you want your files to download to, you may skip this step entirely.
- Melanie Weir/Bloomberg Businessweek 3.In the This PC or Quick Access menus, right-click the Downloads folder and then select Properties from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Melanie Weir/Bloomberg Businessweek 4.In the new window that appears, select the Location tab.
- Click “Location,” then “Move.” to move the camera.
- 6.Click on the “OK” button.
- The Properties window should be closed after they have finished loading.
Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
Melanie Weir is a free-lance writer. Melanie Weir is a freelance writer for Insider, primarily contributing to the Tech Reference section, but also occasionally writing about lifestyle and entertainment subjects. She lives in New York City. Besides that, she works as a freelance writer for ScreenRant and as the Lead Weekend News Editor at TheThings.com, among other places. She spends her leisure time writing plays for both the theater and the cinema. Melanie Weir may be reached at [email protected] or through her professional network, LinkedIn.
A lightning bolt-shaped symbol is used to represent lightning.
move download folder to other drive in windows 10
Answer You may move your Downloads folder, and in fact, you can move any of your library folders, but you must do it in a precise method in order to avoid problems with other programs.
I’ve migrated all of my Library folders to my data drive, and I’m keeping my SSD for the operating system and application files.
- Open File Explorer and right-click on the Downloads folder to bring up the Properties menu. Select the Location tab from the drop-down menu. To enter a new place, use the text box given.
Please keep in mind that the new location must be specified in the form of a folder, for example D: Downloads However, many customers have made the error of just typing in D: and expecting the downloads folder to be generated automatically. This is not the case, and their files and folders have ended up scattered across their D drive_. The Developer has the upper hand! Acer Aspire V7 – 17.3″ with an Intel Core i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, and a 2TB hard drive A total of 65 people found this comment to be helpful.
- Sorry if this wasn’t of assistance.
- Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.
- Thank you for your feedback; it allows us to make improvements to the site.
- Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.
Easily Change the Default Download Location in Windows 10
When using a Windows computer, the default download location is set to the Windows system drive (C drive), which is where many web browsers store downloading files by default when using them. Changing the default download location in Windows 10 is something that I’m curious about. And how are we going to go about it? In Windows 10, you have three options for modifying where downloads are stored.
- Method 1: Modify the location of the Downloads Folder in the Windows Downloads Settings
- Method 2: Modify the location of where downloads are stored in the Storage Settings
- Method 3: Modify the default download path using iSunshare System Genius.
Way 1: Change Location of Downloads Folder in Windows Downloads Settings
It is the quickest and most straightforward method of changing the location of the Downloads folder. Everyone can do it in a few of minutes. Creating a new download folder at the target location, such as the D drive, is the first step. Step 2:Open This PC and pick the Properties option from the context menu of the Downloads folder. For those who don’t see the Downloads folder in This PC, double-click Folders and you’ll see it on the list of available folders. Using the Location button, select a location and then click the Move.
- Afterwards, you’ll be able to pick a location for the downloaded files in Step 4.
- Step 5:To make the modification effective, click the Apply button.
- It is strongly advised that you select the Yes option.
- This place will also serve as a storage location for any files that are downloaded from the Internet in the future.
Way 2: Change Where Downloads Go in Storage Settings
Changing the default save location for various file types in Windows 10 may be accomplished through the storage settings. In addition, you may change the default download location for new applications, new documents, and new photos, among other things. Step 1: Navigate to the SettingsSystemStorage folder in Windows 10. To change where new material is saved in the More Storage Settings field of the Storage windows, follow the steps outlined in Step 2.
Step 3: Assign a default location for various files to the computer (new apps, new documents, new music and etc.) When possible, avoid specifying the location on local disk C.
UsingiSunshare System Genius to complete the adjustments is a viable alternative to changing all browser default download paths and moving all data. ISunshare System Genius is a Windows optimization utility that assists you in maintaining a stable and fast operating system in Windows. Change the default download route with a few easy clicks and you’ll be done in minutes. Step 1: Run the program and pick the System Disk as the destination. 2. Select the Downloads Transfer tab and the new download folder on another drive as the target location by clicking on it.
- In addition, if you do not make a selection, all of the items will be picked automatically.
- You will receive a notification stating that the migration has been finished a few minutes later.
- This update will take effect the next time you log into your computer and open it.
- In addition, here is a video tutorial that shows you how to modify the download folder in Windows 10.
- How to Locate Downloaded Files in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Internet Explorer
- 3 Methods for Seeing Downloads in Internet Explorer on Windows 10
- In Microsoft Edge, you can see which downloads have been completed. Instructions on how to download files from OneDrive to your computer.
How to Change Default Download Location on Windows 10
Our computers do not come equipped with an endless amount of memory, particularly on the (c) disk, which serves as the usual installation place for Windows and other key applications. The ‘Download’ folder is likewise located on the hard disk. As a result, the C drive is frequently overburdened with all of the files and documents. That is why many people feel the need to change the default download destination from the C drive to a different place. For those of you who use Windows 10, or for that matter any other version of the operating system, the procedure is rather simple.
You have the option of using any of the ways listed above to finish the assignment.
Our computers, particularly the (c) disk, which serves as the default installation place for Windows and other key applications, do not have infinite memory. ‘Download’ is another folder on the hard disk. Consequently, the C drive is frequently overflowing with all of the files as a result. Many people feel the need to change the default download destination from C drive to a different place for this reason. For those of you who utilize Windows 10 (or any other version of Windows), the job is actually rather simple.
In order to finish the mission, you can use any of the available techniques.
From the Windows 10 Settings menu, you may change the default download location to a different place. Let’s take a closer look at the specifics of the procedure. Step 1: To access the ‘Settings’ menu, first click on the Windows symbol in the bottom-left corner of the screen, then select ‘Settings’. To access the settings menu, select it from the drop-down menu. ‘System’ is the second option to select on the page of the settings page. Step 3:On the left-hand side of the screen, select the ‘Storage’ option, where you will find all of your disks and stored locations.
If you wish to adjust the volume, explore the individual choices and select the desired volume. This is how you may alter the default place where the next downloads are saved for the future.
This strategy does not, in fact, provide a long-term remedy. When you download something, you are frequently prompted to specify where you want to keep the downloaded item. Moreover, you will see that the download manager attempts to save the files on the default C drive, which is clearly not what you want. As a result, adjust the location path to drive D, E, F, or wherever you choose. However, unlike the other techniques discussed here, the default folder is restored to the disk the next time you download something (C).
Another issue is that some downloads do not even prompt you to choose a place for the files, and they are instead saved in the default location.
To identify more relevant alternatives, we recommend that you follow the steps outlined below.
This article will show you how to modify the default download location on Windows 10 using the Registry Editor. The first step is to search for the word “regedit” in the Windows search box, and if you locate it, either open it directly or open it as administrator. Step 2: In the Registry Editor’s left-hand navigation bar, choose the item titled ‘HKEY LOCAL MACHINE’ and click on it. You will find SOFTWARE in this folder; be sure to expand it as well. Then double-click on the ‘Microsoft’ folder to expand it.
- Scroll down to find the ‘Windows’ folder, and then click on the ‘CurrentVersion’ folder to examine the contents of that folder.
- The right-hand side of the screen will display various files; look for something that says ‘ProgramFilesDir’ and double-click on it to open it.
- Everything should remain unchanged; just the letter C should be changed to D/E/F.
- When you’re finished, click on the ‘OK’ button to save your changes to the document.
You may also change the default download location from inside the browsers themselves if necessary. Figures and details regarding the procedure that is pertinent to the Chrome browser have been given by me. However, the methods are essentially the same for other browsers such as Firefox, Opera, and Windows Explorer, among others. The first step is to open your browser and click on the more button situated in the top-right corner of the screen (three-dot icon). Step 2:Scroll down the page until you reach the ‘Advanced’ option.
3rd step: Under the advanced tab, you should be able to locate the ‘Downloads’ item, which should have the default place on your hard drive set as the destination (C).
Then, select ‘Change’ from the drop-down menu.
That’s it; any downloads made via this browser will be stored to the place you specify.
Of course, if you download files from other browsers, this option modification will not be applied to other downloads as well. In order to change the default download location in other browsers, you must follow the same steps as described above.
What about changing the default download location in Windows 10? That’s relatively straightforward, isn’t it? I am confident that you will be able to accomplish your goal by following any of the approaches outlined in this article. Goodbye for the time being!
Download a file – Computer
Downloading a file or image to your computer or mobile device is the best way to save it. The file will be downloaded and placed in your normal download directory.
- Open Google Chrome on your PC. Obtain a link to the webpage from which you wish to download the file
- Make a copy of the file:
- If prompted, navigate to the location where you wish to store the file and then clickSave.
- .exe,.dll, and.bat files are examples of executable files. If you are confident about the file, save it by clickingSave. If you are unsure about the contents of the download, click Discard
- Otherwise, click Continue.
- When the download is complete, you’ll be able to see the results at the bottom of your Chrome window. To open a file, simply click on its name.
To locate a file on your computer, click the Down arrowShow in folder or MoreShow in Finder buttons, which are located next to the filename. Find out how to correct file download issues.
Change your default download permissions
- Locate the downloading file you wish to stop or cancel at the bottom of the page. To the right of the file name at the bottom of your screen, click the Down arrow or the More button. To pause, resume, or cancel the video, click the appropriate button.
See a list of files you’ve downloaded
- Open Google Chrome on your PC. MoreDownloads may be found at the upper right of the page.
- To see or open a file, simply click on its name. It will open in the program that is set as the default for the file type on your computer. To delete a downloaded file from your history, select Remove from the drop-down menu to the right of the file. Unlike other programs, Chrome will only remove the file from your Downloads page, not from your PC.
Change default PDF download permissions
Select a file’s name to open it. Upon opening it, the default program for the file type on your computer will be launched. To delete a downloaded file from your history, select Remove from the drop-down menu to the right of the file name. Unlike other programs, Chrome will just remove the file from your Downloads page, rather than off your PC.
- Go to an online PDF form
- Fill out the PDF form
- And submit it. Select DownloadEdited from the drop-down menu.
Tip: You may continue modifying the altered PDF that you previously saved by opening it.
Change download locations
You have the option of specifying a default place on your computer where downloads should be kept, or you may provide a different location for each individual download.
- Open Google Chrome on your PC. MoreSettings can be found at the top right of the screen
- AdvancedDownloads can be found at the bottom. Modify your download settings as follows:
- To change the default download destination, clickChange and then go to the spot where you want your files to be saved. To choose a specific place for each download, use the checkbox next to “Ask where to save each file before downloading.”
Default download locations
It is possible that you did not change your default download location, in which case Google Chrome downloads files to the addresses listed below:
- Downloads in Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista are located in the Users folder. Downloads are located in the following locations: Mac:/Users/ username /Downloads
- Linux:/home/ username /Downloads
Was this information useful? What can we do to make it better?
How To Change Netflix Video Download Location In Windows 10/Android
Have I provided you with any assistance? What changes do you think we should make?
Where are Netflix downloads stored in windows 10?
The Netflix software is installed on the same disk that Windows 10 is installed on, and Netflix keeps all downloaded videos on the same drive that Windows 10 is installed on by default. Here’s where to look for them.
- Default settings place the Netflix app on the same disk as Windows 10 and Netflix keeps all downloaded videos on the same drive as where the Netflix program was first installed, according to Microsoft. See this page for information on where to look for them.
Following that, proceed to the following path to find out how to download Netflix videos. C:UsersAppDataLocalPackages4DF9E0F8.Netflix mcm4njqhnhss8.Netflix mcm4njqhnhss8.Netflix mcm4njqhnhss8.Netflix mcm4njqhnhss8.Netflix mcm4njqhnhss Please note that you should replace with your current username. All of the downloaded movies and television series will be visible once you browse to the above-mentioned directory. Furthermore, if you have never downloaded any movies or television series using the Netflix app for Windows 10, this folder will be empty.
How to change Netflix download location Windows 10
As Netflix downloads videos, they are saved on the same disk that Netflix is installed on (basically, the “C” Drive of the computer). If your system disk is running out of free space, you should consider upgrading. Alternatively, you may not want to clog up the hard disk on which Windows 10 is installed with Netflix downloads. Change the default download location on Netflix in this section.
Because the Netflix app for Windows 10 does not provide a mechanism to modify the default download location, this is the only option. As you can see, we have created a simple workaround for changing the default download location of Netflix on Windows 10.
- Start by launching the Settings app and navigating to AppsAppsfeatures. Choose Netflix and press the’move’ button.
- Then choose the location on your computer where you want to keep the Netflix application and Netflix download videos. To relocate the Netflix application, click on theMovebutton once again.
That’s all there is to it. The Netflix application has now been relocated to the root of the specified disk, where Windows is installed. Create a new folder named WindowsApps and transfer the Netflix application to this folder on its own. From now on, whenever you download Netflix films for offline viewing, they are automatically stored on the disk that you specify. Please keep in mind that this producer will also transfer all already downloaded films to the new place. If you are an Android user, you can find instructions on how to change your Netflix download location here: How to change your Netflix download location.
- Use your smartphone or tablet to launch the Netflix application. To access the menu, select the Menu symbol in the upper-left corner of the screen. Scroll down to the App Settings section. Find the Download Location option in the Downloads area of the menu bar. Select Download Location and then SD Card from the drop-down menu.
Also, have a look at
- Is the Netflix app not functioning properly on your Windows 10 laptop or PC? (4 viable alternatives)
- How to Increase the Performance of the Microsoft Edge Browser on Windows 10
- After the Windows 10 upgrade, Google Chrome is not responding or operating properly. Identifying and resolving Blue Screen of Death issues in Windows 10
- Is it possible that Windows 10 will not shut down after an update? Here’s How To Make It Right
Please report this advertisement.
How to Change Windows 10 Downloads Folder Location
Every one of us is aware that our computer systems do not come equipped with an endless amount of memory, and as a result, the storage space available to each component is limited at some point in time. Our hard disk is separated into several components, such as drives, folders, and files, amongst others, for storage. The Downloads folder is one of the most frequently utilized components in the system. It is almost certain that every Windows 10 user visits or makes use of this folder on a regular basis.
When your Downloads folder runs out of space, it becomes inconvenient since it prevents you from being able to download anything else from the internet.
In this post, we’ll show you how to alter the location of the Windows 10 Downloads folder, and we’ll walk you through the process step by step.
Changing Windows 10 Download Folder Location
In order to alter the location of the Windows 10 Downloads folder, you will need to follow the procedures outlined below: To begin, you will need to create a new folder somewhere on your hard drive where you will store your downloads for the time being. However, it is usually preferable to create a new folder for your downloads rather than copying them into an already existing one. Create a new folder titled Downloads on my D drive and label it as follows: To achieve this, just choose This PC from the drop-down menu and then navigate to your D drive.
- From the sub-cascading menu, select the Folder option from the drop-down menu that appears.
- After creating the new folder, go to the search part of your taskbar and type in file explorer.
- A screenshot of the freshly launched File Explorer window is displayed in the next image: Please click on this PC, which is highlighted in the figure above.
- To move the cursor, click on theMove button, which is indicated in the image above.
- Simply go through your hard disk in order to locate your newly formed download folder, which is depicted in the following image: After you’ve found the folder you want, click on the Select Folder button to open it.
By following the instructions in this article, you will be able to simply modify the location of the default Windows 10 Downloads folder at any time. It is possible to return to the default download location at any moment if you decide that you do not want your downloads to be placed in a new folder at any point in time. To accomplish this, just right-click on the Windows 10 Downloads folder and select the Restore Default button from the Downloads Properties box to restore the default Downloads location to its previous state.
How to Change the Downloads folder Location in Windows 11
Steps to alter the default download location in Windows 11 are demonstrated in this post for students and new users. Windows automatically generates a Downloads folder in each user’s profile by default. When you download files, images, and other material from the internet in Windows 11, this is the default place that will be utilized. Users may easily relocate the Downloads folder to any location they like, including the desktop, using the Windows Explorer. For example, if your primary partition is running out of free storage space, and you download huge files on a regular basis, you may wish to move the Downloadslocation to another partition on a larger disk.
This should also work on Windows 10, although the interface in Windows 11 is a little different, and the procedures may alter somewhat.
To get started with altering the default Downloads location in Windows 11, follow the procedures outlined in the following section.
How to I change the Downloads folder in Windows 11
As previously stated, one may relocate or alter the Downloads location in Windows 11 to any area they like, including the Desktiop. This includes the Desktop. Follow the procedures outlined below to do this. TheMovecommand, which can be found under the Download folder’sPropertiescontext menu, is the quickest and most straightforward method of changing the default download destination in Windows 11. To begin, click on theFile Explorerfolder symbol in the taskbar at the bottom of your screen (see image below).
When the Properties window appears, pick theLocationtab and then theMovebutton to begin moving the object.
A folder named Download was created on the desktop, which will be used as our new Downloads folder going forward.
Once you’ve decided on a place, click OK.
To make the changes effective, select Yes from the drop-down menu.
That’s all there is to it! As a conclusion, this article demonstrated how to relocate the default Downloads folder in Windows 11. If you spot an error or have anything to contribute, please use the comment form below to let us know. Thank you.