- 1 How to find the existing Driver Version in Windows 10/8/7 – Lenovo Support HN
- 2 Update drivers in Windows
- 3 Update the device driver
- 4 Reinstall the device driver
- 5 More help
- 6 Need to update a driver? Here’s how to do it properly on Windows 10.
- 7 How to View a List of all Installed Drivers in Windows 10
- 8 2 Ways to View a List of all Installed Drivers in Windows 10
- 9 How To Check If your Drivers Are Up to Date
- 10 Checking for Driver Updates on Windows
- 11 Updating Device Drivers on a Mac
- 12 Take Care of Your Software
- 13 How to update drivers in Windows 10 [Full Guide]
- 14 How can I update drivers in Windows 10?
- 15 Frequently Asked Questions
- 16 How to update or fix your drivers in Windows 10
- 17 How to update a driver in Windows 10
- 18 How to reinstall a driver in Windows 10
- 19 What to do if your drivers aren’t updating automatically
- 20 10 Best Free Driver Updater Tools
- 21 Driver Booster
- 22 Snappy Driver Installer
- 23 Driver Talent
- 24 DriversCloud
- 25 DriverIdentifier
- 26 Driver Easy
- 27 DriverHub
- 28 Ashampoo Driver Updater
- 29 Device Doctor
- 30 DriverMax
- 31 How Do You Know Which Drivers Need Updating?
- 32 How Do You Check for Outdated Drivers?
- 33 Let Driver Support Do the Work for You
How to find the existing Driver Version in Windows 10/8/7 – Lenovo Support HN
+Lenovo Facts and Figures
- Information about our company, news, investor relations, sustainability, product compliance, product security, Lenovo Open Source, legal information, and job opportunities.
- sAccessories Software, servers, storage, networking, laptop deals, and an outlet are all available.
- Resources for Imaging and Security
- Warranty Lookup
- Parts Lookup
- Contact Us
- Repair Status Check
- Imaging and Security
Update drivers in Windows
Automatically downloaded and installed by Windows Update are driver updates for Microsoft Windows as well as many other devices like as network adapters, displays, printers, video cards, and other peripherals. Even if you are most likely already using the most recent drivers, here is how to manually update or reinstall a driver:
Update the device driver
- Enter device manager in the search box on the taskbar, then pick Device Manager from the drop-down menu. Click on a category to see the names of the devices in that category, then right-click (or press and hold) the device you want to update
- SelectAutomatically search for and install updated driver software
- Select Update Driver from the drop-down menu. Even if Windows does not automatically identify and install the latest driver, you may try searching for one on the device manufacturer’s website and following their instructions.
Reinstall the device driver
- Enter device manager in the search box on the taskbar, then pick Device Manager from the drop-down menu. Uninstall the device by selecting it from the context menu (or by pressing and holding the device’s name). Restart your computer
- It is possible that Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
Troubleshoot blue screen issues or Troubleshoot black or blank screen errors if you can’t view the desktop and instead see a blue, black, or white screen. Windows updates should be checked for.
Need to update a driver? Here’s how to do it properly on Windows 10.
If you are unable to view the desktop and instead see a blue, black, or blank screen, refer to Troubleshoot blue screen issues or Troubleshoot black or blank screen errors for assistance. Windows updates should be checked for
- In addition to the Nvidia GeForce Experience, AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, and Intel DriverSupport Assistant, there are several other options.
Installing the software should be as simple as double-clicking the installers and going through the standard next, next, next process after you’ve downloaded it to your computer. Once you’re in the control panel, you can go to the drivers section and click the check for updates option to download and install the most recent version of the driver. Windows Central is the source of this information.
Download graphics driver manually
It should be as simple as double-clicking the installers and going through the typical next, next, next procedure after you’ve downloaded the software and opened it. Upon entering the control panel, you may access the driver’s section and select “Check for Updates,” which will allow you to automatically download and install the most recent driver. Windows Central is the source for this information. To finish the update installation process after you have downloaded the software, follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
The wizard will then immediately delete the old driver and replace it with the new version.
Download graphics driver automatically
Alternatively, if you are unsure about the brand and model of your video card, some manufacturers will frequently supply a tool that can automatically discover the driver you want for you. You may use the links provided below to download and execute the auto-detect and install driver assistant for your computer: auto-detect and install driver assistant For those who don’t know the brand and model of their video card, some manufacturers will typically give a tool that will automatically identify the driver they require.
- Open the Start menu, type in Device Manager, and choose the first result to launch the program. Increase the number of Display adapters in the branch
- Confirm the graphics card’s manufacturer and model number. Windows Central is the source of this information.
You will be able to utilize the information you have gathered to obtain the necessary driver update for your computer once you have completed the procedures. It is possible that you will have to utilize one of the available tools from Nvidia, AMD, or Intel to identify the driver you want if the information is not readily available.
Alternatively, you might review your device’s manual to identify the hardware configuration and then search for the appropriate driver update.
How to View a List of all Installed Drivers in Windows 10
How to View a List of all the Drivers that are Installed in Windows 10 If you’ve been using Windows 10 for a while, you’re probably aware that the operating system comes pre-installed with hundreds of generic device drivers. Because of the generic drivers, users will not have to manually install the drivers for each piece of hardware that is attached. Windows 10 identifies and installs the generic driver for the devices right out of the box when they are first installed. As a result, in the vast majority of circumstances, you will not be need to install any drivers for the linked devices.
In this case, you would need to install third-party or OEM drivers in order to fully utilize the device’s capabilities.
Considering that device drivers are one of the primary reasons why your computer performs at peak performance nowadays, having a comprehensive list of all installed drivers may be beneficial for everyone.
Also Also see 10 Best Free Softwares for Backing Up and Restoring Windows Drivers.
2 Ways to View a List of all Installed Drivers in Windows 10
It can also assist you in troubleshooting a few driver-related issues, which is a bonus. As a result, in this post, we will walk you through the process of viewing all of the drivers that are currently installed in Windows 10. Let’s have a look around.
View from Device Manager
In Windows 10, you can enter the Device Manager to get a list of all the drivers that have been installed. Then, simply follow some of the straightforward instructions shown below. Step 1.First and foremost, launch Device Manager on your computer. To do so, go to the Windows search box and put in “Device Manager” to find it. Then select Device Manager from the drop-down menu. 2.In Device Manager, pick the “Devices by driver” option by selecting the “View” choice from the drop-down menu. Step 3.At this point, you will be able to see all of the drivers that have been installed on Windows 10 PCs.
That’s all there is to it!
This is how you may use Device Manager to examine a list of all the drivers that have been installed on your computer.
View Installed Drivers via Command Prompt
In this technique, we will utilize the Command Prompt to examine all of the drivers that have been installed. To begin, simply follow some of the straightforward instructions provided below. Step 1. First, open the Start menu and type in ‘CMD.’ Then, click OK. To run the Command Prompt as an administrator, right-click on it and select’Run as Administrator.’ Step number two. Copy and paste the command into the Command Prompt, then hit the Enter key to execute it. Driverquery Step number three.
That’s all there is to it!
By using CMD, you may see all of the drivers that are currently installed on Windows 10.
I hope you found this material useful! Please pass it along to your friends as well. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please let us know in the comment section below.
How To Check If your Drivers Are Up to Date
You’re undoubtedly already aware of the importance of software updates in your life. The same way that upgrading applications and the operating system on a smartphone is crucial, updating drivers on a computer is essential to ensuring that each of its components is functioning correctly and to its maximum capacity. As an example, updating the drivers for your graphics card is particularly crucial because driver updates have been shown to greatly increase game performance. Continue reading to learn how to determine whether or not your drivers require upgrading.
Checking for Driver Updates on Windows
With the introduction of Windows Update in Windows 7, Microsoft really improved its game. Non-stop support for operating system upgrades, as well as support for device driver upgrades, is provided by this tool. On Windows 10, this service is enabled by default and cannot be disabled, but you may still check to see if an update has been missed by performing the following steps:
- By pressing the “Start” button, the Start menu will be shown. When the Start menu appears, put “Windows Update” into the search box. As soon as you begin typing, the search program will show instead of the Start menu. Open the “Windows Update settings” by pressing the Windows key. Check for updates by pressing the “Check for updates” button to check whether any user involvement is necessary. If Windows Update is successful in identifying new updates, the “Install now” button will be displayed. If you desire to get them installed instantly, simply click on it.
When using Windows 7, the Windows Updates program may be found in the Control Panel, which can be accessed from the Start menu by clicking on the Control Panel icon. On Windows 8 and 8.1, the following features are available:
- By dragging your pointer all the way to the right edge of the screen, you may access the Charms menu. “Settings” will be shown. Select “Change PC settings” from the drop-down menu. Locate the “Windows Update” tab on your Windows 8 computer. On Windows 8.1, look for “Update and recovery,” then double-check that “Windows Update” is checked. On Windows 8.1, choose “Check for updates immediately” (or “Check now” on other operating systems). Select the updates that you wish to install, and then click on the “Install” button to complete the process.
By dragging your pointer all the way to the right edge of the screen, you may access the Charms menu: “Settings.” will be shown. Select “Change PC settings” from the drop-down list. Locate the “Windows Update” tab in Windows 8. On Windows 8.1, look for “Update and recovery,” then double-check that “Windows Update” is checked; On Windows 8.1, choose “Check for updates now” (or “Check now” on previous versions of Windows). Select the updates that you wish to install, and then click on the “Install” button to complete the installation.
- Right-click on the device you wish to inspect in the Device Manager and select Properties. Then, in the pop-up menu that appears, select “Update driver.” There will be a new window opened. To test whether Windows can discover a newer driver for your device, select “Search automatically for updated driver software” from the drop-down menu. Please keep in mind that the second choice, “Browse my computer for driver software,” isn’t utilized nearly as often. Although it is possible to utilize it if you have obtained a driver installation package from the internet, it is preferable to install the package by hand by executing the executable file
- Wait for a time before Windows responds with its findings. If your device drivers are up to date, you will just receive a notification. If not, it will prompt you to decide whether or not to update the drivers.
Choose “Inspect Device” from the drop-down menu while you’re in Device Manager. Afterwards, select “Update driver” from the pop-up menu. You’ll be taken to a new window. To test whether Windows can discover a more recent driver for your device, select “Search automatically for updated driver software.” One thing to keep in mind is that the alternative choice, “Browse my computer for driver software,” isn’t utilized nearly as frequently. Although it is possible to utilize it if you have obtained a driver installation package from the internet, it is preferable to install the package by hand by running the executable file.
The system will simply alert you whether your device drivers are up to date.
- Right-click on the device you wish to inspect in the Device Manager and select “Inspect Device.” Then, in the pop-up menu that appears, select “Properties.” A window containing device properties will emerge, as well as a window displaying the device’s current state. Make sure to look for any other information that could be relevant. Select the “Driver” tab from the drop-down menu. Decide what you want to do with the device driver and click Next. Consider using the “Roll Back Driver” option to see if reverting to an earlier version of the driver helps. If it doesn’t work, you may try removing the device, although this is a more sophisticated option. Occasionally, Windows will fail to automatically install the needed driver, in which case you will need to locate the driver on your own.
Updating Device Drivers on a Mac
Device drivers may be installed on a Mac with relative ease, as long as the operating system is not preventing some of the installation files from being opened:
- To access the Apple menu, select the Apple button in the upper-left corner. The Apple menu will be displayed as a result of this. Choose “App Store.” from the drop-down menu that appears after that. To begin, make certain that the “Updates” tab is chosen. If there are any driver updates available, you’ll see the “Update all” and “Update” buttons on the toolbar. Examine your options and decide if you want to update all of your drivers at once or only part of them. Wait for your computer to finish installing the drivers. It is probable that you will need to restart your computer in order for the updates to take effect.
If Mac refuses to install an installation file because it was not obtained from the Mac App Store, just click on “OK,” then follow the instructions below:
- To access the Apple menu, click the Apple button in the upper-left corner of the screen. Select “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu. “SecurityPrivacy” should be selected. Click on the Lock symbol, which is located in the bottom-left corner of the window that displays. Enter your username and password if required, then click “Unlock.” if you are not requested to do so. To get around this, look for a notification stating that the downloaded program has been banned and click on the “Open Anyway” button that is positioned next to it. Another new window will appear, asking whether you want to run a software that you’ve downloaded from the internet. Click Yes to continue. Clicking “Open” will allow you to confirm your selection.
Take Care of Your Software
According to reports, upgrading drivers has been found to be beneficial as well as detrimental to a specific computer; however, the decision to do so is ultimately up to you. But keep in mind that it’s the most frequently suggested course of action if you’re experiencing problems with both hardware and software, so keep that in mind.
What are your thoughts on the importance of upgrading drivers and your operating system? If so, would you advise others to keep them under control? Why? What’s the harm in trying? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.
How to update drivers in Windows 10 [Full Guide]
- It is critical to keep your Windows 10 drivers up to date because they are critical to the operating system’s environment. Every piece of hardware you have installed on your computer need the use of a driver in order to function properly. The most efficient method of keeping them up to date is to get the most recent operating system updates. One of the most commonly used ways is to use Device Manager to obtain the most recent versions.
Drivers are an integral element of any Windowsecosystem, and they are not optional. You will not be able to use your hardware to its full potential until you have these unseen software programs. Because of this, keeping them up to date is vital for all Windows users, both at home and in the workplace, regardless of their role. Every piece of hardware, in order to function properly, need the usage of an appropriate driver, which is the soul of every computer. If a certain component of your computer is missing or if the driver for that component is out of current, a variety of issues may arise.
- Maintaining the most recent version of all of your drivers is critical to the optimal operation of your computer.
- You’re undoubtedly aware that Microsoft envisioned Windows 10 as a service when it was first announced.
- The problem with these updates is that some of them might cause your drivers to become out of current or even incompatible with your operating system.
- Because, as previously said, if an upgrade causes your drivers to become obsolete or incompatible, you may have some serious issues.
- So, if you haven’t already, do yourself and your computer a favor and update all of your drivers to the most recent versions.
How can I update drivers in Windows 10?
As a result, Microsoft has some type of collaboration with major hardware makers such as Intel, Nvidia, AMD, and other such companies. This is accomplished by the frequent distribution of drivers by these organizations through the Windows Update service. In other words, if you’re using an older version of an NVidia or ATI graphics card, all you need to do is check for Windows updates on a regular basis to keep your drivers up to date. It is likely that you are already familiar with how to check for updates on Windows 10, but it will not harm if we remind you once more.
Expert Recommendation: It can be difficult to resolve some PC difficulties, particularly when it comes to damaged repositories or missing Windows files, but it is possible.
Installing Restoro, a program that will scan your system and discover the source of the problem, is highly recommended.
To download and begin mending, go to this link. You’ll be able to keep all of your drivers up to date, as well as install all of the additional Windows 10 updates that are currently available.
2. Use Device Manager to manually update your drivers
- It appears that Microsoft has some form of agreement with major hardware manufacturers such as Intel, Nvidia, AMD, and so forth. This is accomplished by the frequent distribution of drivers by these organizations through the Windows Update system. To keep your graphics card drivers up to date, all you have to do is run a frequent check for Windows updates if you have a modern NVidia or ATI graphics card. It is likely that you are already aware of how to check for updates on Windows 10, but it will not harm if we remind you once more. When you are ready to check for updates, go to theSettingsapp, choose Updatessecurity, and then just click on Check for updates. Advice from an industry professional: PC problems may be frustrating, especially when it comes to damaged repositories or missing Windows files, which can be particularly difficult to resolve. The possibility that your system is partially broken should be considered if you are experiencing difficulties repairing a mistake. Installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your computer and discover the source of the problem, is highly recommended by us. To download and begin mending, please visit this page. Then you’ll be able to keep all of your drivers current and install any additional Windows 10 upgrades that are currently available.
As previously stated, this is the most often used manual method of checking for driver updates in Windows 10 (see below). In the event that you do not receive your driver updates through Windows Update, the Device Manager is the most often used tool for checking for driver updates. It may take some time to personally examine each and every driver, but you will be able to resolve a great deal of issues if you do so. Carry out the steps outlined above to check for driver updates in Device Manager.
3. Install dedicated driver downloading software
There are a variety of third-party programs available that may be used to automatically install the most recent drivers on your Windows 10 machine. A professional driver updater software program is one of the most effective solutions to consider when updating your drivers. It’s important to understand right away that using a professional tool makes upgrading drivers straightforward, even for complete novices. To be more specific, the program is set to run automatically in order to identify obsolete drivers.
The absence of an up-to-date system might result in latency, system failures, and even blue screen of death.
DriverFix is an automated application that will discover, download, and install the correct driver version on your Windows PC in just a few clicks, and we strongly recommend it.
- DriverFix may be downloaded and installed. Start the program by clicking on it. Continue to wait for DriverFix to identify and fix all of your broken drivers. Now, the program will display a list of all the drivers that are having problems, and all you have to do is choose the ones you’d want to have corrected. Wait for DriverFix to complete its download and installation of the latest drivers. It is necessary to restart your computer in order for the modifications to take effect.
DriverFix may be downloaded and installed; The application should be launched. Continue to wait for DriverFix to identify and fix all of your broken drivers;. The program will now display all of the problematic drivers, and all you have to do is choose the ones you’d want to have corrected. Wait for DriverFix to download and install the most recent versions of the drivers on your computer. The modifications will only be effective once your computer is restarted.
4. Update your drivers from the manufacturer’s website
DriverFix may be downloaded and installed on your computer. Start the program by pressing the button; Continue to wait for DriverFix to identify and fix all of your broken drivers; The program will now display all of the problematic drivers, and all you have to do is choose the ones you’d want to have corrected. Wait for DriverFix to download and install the most recent versions of the drivers. It is necessary to restart your computer in order for the modifications to take effect.
- Updating drivers for NVIDIA graphics cards
- AMD graphics cards
- Intel graphics cards
- HP graphics cards
- Dell graphics cards
- Lenovo graphics cards
5. Use the Compatibility Mode
- Track down and install the driver installation application on your computer or on a removable medium (CD/DVD)
- And Right-click on the program’s setup file (which is normally an executable file with the word setup in its name)
- Select “Run as administrator.” Troubleshoot compatibility by selecting it. Any issues will be investigated by the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. To troubleshoot the software, choose Troubleshoot program. Select the software that is causing the issue and click on it. When using a prior version of the driver, pick the first choice and then click on Next
- Otherwise, select the second option and then click on Next
- Select the Windows version in which the driver was successful, and then click on Next to proceed. In our example, we used Windows 7 as a platform. Afterwards, click onTest the software and then hit Next one again
- Simply follow the on-screen directions to install the drivers in the same manner as you would normally. Finally, assuming the installation was successful and the drivers are operational, you may save these configurations.
The option to Troubleshoot compatibility remains available in the odd event that you are unable to successfully update your drivers using the previously mentioned ways. In this manner, older drivers can be persuaded to function on a supported version of Windows. There are a few of other methods for updating your computer’s drivers, but the ones we’ve described above are the most effective. More apps that monitor for driver changes and automatically install updates will be discovered when you go through the results of this search.
That is why we have compiled a list of the best driver update software for Windows 10 that you can download and use right away.
Please do not hesitate to use the information provided above to quickly update drivers on Windows 10. Please let us know how the operation went for you by leaving a remark in the section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The Troubleshoot compatibility option is available in the odd case that you are unable to update your drivers using the previously mentioned ways. A approach to persuade older drivers to work on a supported version of Windows is to use this technique. Other methods of updating your computer’s drivers exist, but the ones we’ve described above are the most effective. More tools that monitor for driver changes and automatically install updates will be discovered when you go through the results of your search. Everyone may now be relied upon. We produced a list of the top driver update software for Windows 10 that you can use right now to help you with this process. Use the information in the preceding paragraphs to quickly update drivers in Windows 10. In the comments section below, please let us know how you found the procedure to be.
How to update or fix your drivers in Windows 10
- Using the Device Manager, right-click on the device that needs to be updated in Windows 10 to begin the process of updating its drivers. During the course of installing other Windows updates, the most critical drivers on your computer will almost certainly be updated automatically as well. Drivers are critical pieces of software that ensure the proper operation of the many devices and components in your computer. More stories may be found in Insider’s Tech Reference collection
- Click here.
Drivers are pieces of software that enable various devices on your Windows computer, such as the sound and graphics cards, to function properly and efficiently. The majority of your computer’s functions would be rendered inoperable if these drivers were not present. Additionally, they require periodic updates, just like any other piece of software. However, it is not always straightforward to find out how to bring them up to date. The majority of driver updates for your computer are performed automatically whenever Windows is updated.
How to update a driver in Windows 10
The Device Manager may be accessed by right-clicking on the Windows symbol in the bottom-left corner of the screen and selecting it from the list that displays. 2.Utilize the menu to identify the device that has to be upgraded. For example, to update an audio device, click the arrow beneath Audio inputs and outputs and then locate the device in the list that appears. 3.Right-click the device that needs to be updated, and then select Update driver from the pop-up menu. The Windows Device Manager may be used to install and update driver software.
- You’ll be asked if you want Windows to search the internet and your computer for a new driver to install automatically, or if you have a driver file on your computer that you want to choose and use directly.
- “Automatic” is the option that you’ll usually always want to select.
- Windows will attempt to locate and install the most recent driver available.
- If Windows claims that you have a completely updated driver, but you are certain that you do not, find out who the manufacturer of that specific computer part is — you can generally find out by searching for the item’s name on Google — and visit their website to confirm your suspicions.
- For graphics cards manufactured by Nvidia and AMD, this is standard practice.
How to reinstall a driver in Windows 10
If a device is acting abnormally, it is possible that you may need to uninstall and reinstall the driver. A similar procedure to update the driver is followed. 1.Re-open the Device Manager by choosing it from the context menu of the Windows icon by right-clicking it once more. (2) Navigate to and choose the device you wish to reinstall from the drop-down option. For example, to update an audio device, click the arrow beneath Audio inputs and outputs and then locate the device in the list that appears.
Don’t be concerned; your machine will function normally.
Before installing a driver, delete the previous driver and then restart your computer to complete the process. Dave Johnson/Business Insider4Restart your computer to get things going. When the machine is restarted, Windows will recognize the device and reinstall the most recent driver.
What to do if your drivers aren’t updating automatically
If Windows isn’t automatically upgrading a driver that you feel it should be, it’s possible that Windows updates have been temporarily halted. You can examine this and, if necessary, unpause it. 1.In the Start button search box, type Windows update and then click Windows Update settings when it appears in the search results. 2.In the Start button search box, type Windows update and then click Windows Update settings when it appears in the search results. 2.Click on theAdvanced options button.
- Drivers for devices will not be installed automatically if Windows updates are suspended.
- Dave Johnson is a musician and songwriter from the United Kingdom.
- Dave grew up in New Jersey before joining the Air Force, where he worked as a satellite operator, space operations instructor, and space launch planning specialist.
- A photographer who has shot wolves in their natural surroundings, Dave is also a dive instructor and the co-host of many podcasts, all of which can be found on his website.
10 Best Free Driver Updater Tools
Driver updater tools perform exactly what you’d expect them to do: they assist you in updating some or all of the device drivers that are installed in Windows for the hardware that is connected to your computer.
Our Top Picks
Driver Booster is the most effective overall “It simplifies the process of upgrading drivers by taking care of all of the hard lifting for you. Snappy Driver Installer, rated “Best for Offline Driver Installs,” provides you with rapid access to install the updates, whether or not you have an internet connection. DrivingCloud is the best source for information other than just drivers since it finds complete information on your hardware and software, including outdated drivers. “Driver Easy is the best option for scheduled driver scans.” This software is different from several other free driver updaters in that it can search for outdated drivers on a schedule and update them if necessary.
You will spend less time dealing with Device Manager and more time finding and downloading drivers from manufacturer’s websites if you use one of these programs instead.
What We Appreciate
- It is possible to download drivers from within the software. This function creates a restore point prior to upgrading driver software. A timetable is followed to check for outdated drivers. There is no restriction on the number of daily driver downloads and upgrades
- This version includes an offline updater.
What We Don’t Like About It
- What We Don’t Like about the Environment
Driver Booster is the most effective solution. It is compatible with all versions of Windows and simplifies the process of upgrading drivers by taking care of all of the hard work for you. It scans your computer automatically for outdated drivers, and with support for more than 6 million drivers, there’s a strong chance it’ll locate what you’re looking for. When new updates become available, they are downloaded from inside the software, saving you the time and effort of having to download them individually from each manufacturer’s website.
Using Driver Booster, you may build a restoration point before installing a driver in case something goes wrong during the installation process.
The offline option may be found under the tools category.
(For more information, see the offline driver updater instructions included with Driver Booster.) Other options include the ability to roll back drivers, remove drivers, ignore drivers, export a list of drivers to a text file, enable Game Boost to free up system resources, and see system information data, among other things.
Snappy Driver Installer
What We Appreciate
- Those Things We Appreciate
What We Don’t Like About It
- Schedules for scanning are not supported
- It is not as simple to use as comparable software.
Snappy Driver Installer is yet another freeware alternative worth mentioning. It enables you to download many drivers for a variety of devices at the same time. Immediately following their download, the software provides you with access to install the updates on your computer, whether or not you have an online connection. Although the program itself is very straightforward, the way it is set up makes it surprisingly difficult to navigate and utilize. Choosing a driver with the right click gives additional choices such as displaying alternative drivers, copying the device ID, and accessing the driver’s INF file.
It is compatible with Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, among other operating systems.
What We Appreciate
- Installs in a short amount of time. You do not need to download drivers manually because they are downloaded from within the app. The software is simple to operate
- Every installation and uninstallation of drivers is preceded by a backup of the drivers
- Allows you to restore previously installed drivers
What We Don’t Like About It
- Downloading multiple drivers at the same time is not supported (you must download each driver individually)
- It is not possible to alter the scanning schedule. Several functions are demonstrated, although they are not available for free
Driver Talent (formerly known as DriveTheLife) is an easy tool that downloads device drivers for you, saving you the time and effort of having to search the internet for the appropriate download links. This application not only updates out-of-date and missing drivers, but it also repairs corrupted drivers and creates a backup of all of your already installed drivers as well. The Printer and USB Driverssection of the application calls out printer and USB drivers, informing you whether or not they are installed and functioning properly.
In addition, there is an additional version that contains network drivers and can be used offline, which is ideal if you need to install drivers but do not have the appropriate network driver installed.
The program’sToolsmenu also has a rudimentary hardware information application, which you may access by selecting it from the Toolsmenu. Driver Talent is compatible with the following operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
What We Appreciate
- Identifies beta drivers and downloads them. Can only display drivers who have received WHQL certification. There are other more system data displayed as well
- It is possible to utilize it without an internet connection. Drivers can be downloaded in large quantities
- This program creates a restore point for you.
What We Don’t Like About It
- There is no totally automated solution available
- The website is completely covered in advertisements
- Like other driver updaters, there is a lot of information that is not immediately consumable at first sight.
In addition to locating thorough information on your hardware and software, DriversCloud (formerly known as Ma-Config) is a free web service that can identify and update obsolete drivers. Upon launching the software after it has been installed and launched, selectOnline detection to have all of your computer’s components and their related drivers detected. When the scan is finished, all of the findings are shown in your web browser. Making your way to your destination by selectingMy Driversat the top of the page can get you there faster.
This is the method we prefer because it delivers a single executable that you can use to install all of the drivers you selected from the web page in a single operation.
What We Appreciate
- Works without the need for an internet connection
- Does not require a subscription. It is possible to utilize it as a portable software
- It is simple to comprehend and use
- There is also useful information regarding the drivers.
What We Don’t Like About It
- Drivers must be downloaded manually from your web browser
- This is not an option. It will not check for out-of-date drivers on a regular basis
DriverIdentifier is a very simple driver checker that is included with the software. Following the completion of the scan, the results are shown in your web browser, from which you may manually download the drivers that you require and then manually install them once they have been downloaded to your computer. The program can check for drivers even if you don’t have an internet connection, which might be useful if your network card driver isn’t operating properly. Following the completion of an offline scan, the list of drivers is stored to a file that you may view on a functional computer in order to obtain the drivers you want.
There’s also a portable version available for download at the site provided below.
What We Appreciate
- It is possible to set up a schedule to check for changes on a regular basis. Driver scans are completed in a short period of time
- Drivers are downloaded straight from inside the software
What We Don’t Like About It
- Drivers take a long time to download. Updating the system requires manual intervention. It is not possible to download in bulk
- Some features are only accessible after making a payment
- For example,
When it comes to checking for outdated drivers, Driver Easy is one of the only programs that can do it on a scheduled basis. A scan may be set for every day, every week, every month, while your computer is inactive, or even every time you log on to Windows. Driver Easy, in contrast to DriverIdentifier, downloads drivers from within the software itself, rather than launching a separate online browser window. There are extra capabilities as well, such as the ability to check device information and search for driver updates even when you do not have an online connection at your disposal.
Driver Easy should be compatible with Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, among other operating systems.
What We Appreciate
- Interface that is simple and easy to grasp
- It is possible to download drivers in bulk. The ability to switch between simple and complex modes. Installs drivers for you automatically, without requiring your involvement
What We Don’t Like About It
- During the installation process, you will be prompted to install other apps. Software that is unconnected to the current situation is recommended. It is not possible to check for updates on a scheduled basis
- It is possible that download speeds for free users will be constrained.
DriverHub is an application that downloads and installs drivers for you, and it contains a whole section dedicated to recovery in the event that something goes wrong. There are only a few menu buttons on the program’s interface, which is simple and straightforward. Changes to the download folder and deactivating software update checks may both be made in the options menu of the application. To keep things easy, just install whatever the application advises. However, to customize your installation, you may enter Advanced Mode to choose which drivers to download and install, as well as to view driver version numbers and to install substitute drivers (i.e., a newer driver but not the current version).
Other aspects of the application, such as the backup and autorun functionalities, are unavailable unless you pay an additional fee to use them.
Ashampoo Driver Updater
What We Appreciate
- Simple enough to be understood even by inexperienced users
- Drivers are backed up and restored
- This function creates a restore point for you. There are no third-party advertisements on this website. It is possible to scan automatically on a schedule
What We Don’t Like About It
- It is not possible to download or install the drivers in bulk. Unless you pay, you will not be able to modify some options.
This initiative has made almost 400,000 drivers available to the public. It is quite simple to use Ashampoo Driver Updater since it does all of the work for you, including downloading and installing the driver. It can also back up and restore drivers for security reasons, automatically create a restoration point before all driver installations, and follow a thorough scan scheduling, among other capabilities. The option to ignore drivers is one of the benefits of this software, and it is something that not all of the competitors offers.
Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7 are required for this application to function properly.
What We Appreciate
- Those Things We Appreciate
What We Don’t Like About It
- Limits the number of driver downloads allowed per day to one. This program does not create restore points prior to upgrading drivers. Updates to the software are infrequent. It is not possible to update all drivers at once.
Device Doctor is available in two versions: as a conventional application and as a portable program. With no need to exit the software, you may schedule scans to check for outdated drivers and then begin the installation process if an update is discovered. Some features of the software, such as the sections for backing up drivers and utilizing other tools such as the cache cleanser and startup manager, are only available if you pay for them. The application itself does not update very frequently, but the program’s home screen displays the date and time of the most recent database update, if one is available.
This suggests that, despite the fact that the software does not acquire new features very often, the database it uses to look for drivers is up to current.
Device Doctor is limited to downloading a maximum of one driver every 24 hours. It’s intended to locate drivers for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, among other operating systems.
What We Appreciate
- When upgrading drivers, there are no prompts (they are installed automatically)
- Drivers are downloaded directly from inside the software
- Nonetheless, Additionally, it allows you to back up all of your device drivers. It is possible to create an offline scan file. Allows you to make changes to the scan schedule.
What We Don’t Like About It
- There is a limit of two driver downloads each day
- There is only one driver that can be downloaded at a time (there is no option for mass download)
- Some functionalities are disabled because they are only available to professional users
DriverMax is another another free Windows tool that helps you to keep your drivers up to date. While it has certain limitations in some areas, it also has some strengths in others. It can also back up and restore drivers, detect unfamiliar hardware, make a system restore point prior to driver installs, produce an offline scan file for PCs that do not have access to the internet, and execute automated scans on a scheduled basis, among other things. A notice will appear at the bottom of your screen when changes have been discovered, and you can choose to postpone it for a day to allow you to investigate the updates at a later time.
- DriverMax identified a substantially larger number of out-of-date drivers than any other application on this list, including the others on this list.
- Users who pay for the service receive additional perks such as unlimited downloads, hourly driver checks, download priority, and automatic driver downloads, among other things.
- You may search for outdated drivers as often as you wish, despite the fact that this application restricts the amount of downloads you can conduct per day in a single session.
- In the review, we go into further detail about why this isn’t a negative restriction as it may appear.
How Do You Know Which Drivers Need Updating?
One of the advantages of using Microsoft Windows to operate your computer is the enormous amount of popularity that the operating system has gained (OS). Because of the large number of Windows users, manufacturers of many types of devices are encouraged to support Windows and its numerous capabilities, resulting in a broad selection of third-party products, such as:
- Trackballs and other types of mice, as well as other pointing devices
- Every manufacturer’s printers and scanners are available
- Monitors and keyboards
- Graphics cards
- Sound cards and audio equipment
- And other peripheral devices. Internal and external storage devices, as well as tape drives and optical disks Hubs, routers, modems, and other networking devices are examples of this.
For the purpose of accommodating all of these devices, Microsoft is constantly upgrading its operating system to include new features, solve software faults, and add support for new peripherals. Windows may be a difficult system to work with at times, especially when unexpected things happen when you’re using your computer, such as a printer that doesn’t deliver the results you need, an inability to connect to a network, or any combination of technological difficulties. Testing for and repairing faults might encompass everything from verifying cable connections to resetting your machine and looking for driver updates that may cure your difficulties.
- Continue reading to find out how you may accomplish this quickly and easily.
- ONE right now and you’ll save both time and stress when dealing with typical Windows device problems.
- When you have completed the registration process, the service will immediately update your drivers.
- There are a number of circumstances that should indicate that you should update the drivers on your system: A new computer purchase– Even though Windows comes pre-loaded on your new computer or laptop, there may have been several upgrades published since Windows was first installed.
- It is possible that your devices will be affected by operating system upgrades that are downloaded, either automatically or manually, by your computer.
- Peripheral devices that are newly installed– When you install new peripheral devices such as printers, keyboards, or storage units, it is critical to make sure that the drivers for the devices are up to date in order to ensure that the devices function correctly.
When a component of your system is malfunctioning or not functioning properly, upgrading the driver for that device is a wise first step toward problem resolution and system recovery.
How Do You Check for Outdated Drivers?
Windows provides a variety of options for updating your drivers, including automated and manual approaches.
Using Windows Update is a simple and convenient way to keep your system up to date. Microsoft adds this feature to make the procedure as simple as possible for the vast majority of Windows customers. No matter if you require driver updates, it is in everyone’s best interest to keep Windows Update running in order to get frequent updates in the following areas, as prioritized by Microsoft: security, productivity, and other.
- Optional – software updates or system drivers that are offered in order to repair minor issues or enhance performance are not required. Fixed problems that aren’t significant to the majority of Windows users
- Recommended remedies Updates that particularly address security or dependability problems are considered critical.
To start Windows Update, just click on the Windows Start button, then on the Settings icon, and then on Update and Security: Click here to start Windows Update. The Windows Update service will be launched. It will indicate the date and time of the last time you checked for new content. Simply click on the Check for Updates button to allow Windows Update to complete its task for you. Windows Update will compare the components of your system with those in its database, which includes Microsoft updates as well as items from third-party sources, such as drivers.
You will be guided through the process by Windows Update, which will notify you when the updates are complete.
If you wish, you may configure Windows Update to run on a schedule that is convenient for you.
There are choices to control the program’s operations that may be found within it.
- If you want to start Windows Update, all you have to do is click on the Windows Start button, then on the Settings icon, then on Update and Security: This will initiate the Windows Update process. If you have checked for updates recently, it will display the date and time of that check. Simply click on the Check for Updates button to allow Windows Update to do its task on your computer. Windows Update will compare the components of your system with those in its database, which includes Microsoft updates as well as items from third-party sources, such as drivers. Windows Update will do this comparison automatically. Your system will be updated if any updates are found and downloaded and installed on it. You will be guided through the procedure by Windows Update, which will notify you once the updates are complete. This update procedure, which comes pre-installed with Windows, is set up to operate on a regular and automated basis. It is possible to set Windows Update to run on a schedule that is convenient for you. It is common for the application to run once a day, although it may not identify and install new software on a consistent basis. To regulate the program’s operations, there are several settings available. Simply choose Advanced Options from the Windows Update program’s menu bar. Windows Update processing may be controlled by a number of settings, which are as follows.
There are also more ways to manage Windows Update. Select Change settings: from the Windows Update program’s drop-down menu. On the following panel, you will be presented with a number of alternatives, including:
- Insisting on not checking for updates is clearly not a wise idea
- Who has the authority to deploy updates
- How to get alerted when new versions of the software are released
When Windows Update has finished downloading and installing all of the required software updates, it may be necessary to restart your computer in order for all of the changes to take effect. The fact that not all peripheral manufacturers register their software and driver updates with Microsoft on a regular basis is an essential point to know about Windows Update. It is possible that some will not even use that method at all, forcing you to go to the next stage. If you still require assistance, why not try Driver Support?
Driver Support is available for download.
The Windows Device Manager may be used to update specific device drivers, if necessary. Note that, in order to update drivers using this approach, you must be assured that the device you think to be a candidate for driver updates is the one you want to update. If you want to update drivers for many devices at the same time, you’ll have to update each device individually when you use Device Manager to do it. Using this method is a little more complicated than using Windows Update, but it is still a very simple process.
- A list of all of the devices on your system will be presented.
- The properties of the device, as well as the specifics of your current driver, will be presented on the screen (provider, date installed, etc.) To update the driver, select the Update Driver option from the drop-down menu.
- For those who have downloaded the driver on media, you can point Device Manager to that media to finish the driver installation.
- Driver files are sometimes given cryptic names, making it difficult to tell which is the correct one for your system in some cases.
It goes without saying that this procedure is only beneficial if you already have the proper driver or know where to find the relevant driver. Alternatively, you might try searching the support website offered by the manufacturer of your device in order to locate it.
Using the Internet to Search for and Download Drivers
You may use the internet to look for the manufacturer’s support page and browse for the driver that relates to your system if you are confident that you know which driver is outdated or if you just need to double-check that a specific device driver is present on your computer. You will almost certainly need to know the following pieces of crucial information:
- The Windows operating system installed on your computer (WIN7, WIN10, Home or Pro, 32 or 64-bit)
- Type of product
- Model and version of the device that you’re attempting to upgrade are required.
Some searches may be more complicated than others, like in the following driver search example.
Let Driver Support Do the Work for You
In many cases, computer users feel uncomfortable with the process of upgrading their software, particularly more technical components such as device drivers. If you’re one of those people, or if you’re concerned about not knowing which drivers to update, there are solutions available that are specifically designed for you. Services are available that will alleviate your concerns about security and the selection of the most appropriate drivers for your system and its connected devices, respectively.
With a simple download and installation of Driver Support, computer owners like you may enjoy a number of benefits, including the following:
- Driver downloads are safe, and the drivers are installed quickly and automatically. Time saved by not having to hunt for and install the necessary drivers for your machine. There is no need to make educated guesses when selecting the proper or best drivers for each component of your system
- Replace generic drivers with manufacturer-specific drivers to prevent device failures and assure complete support for manufacturer-specific features. Maintaining your system’s up-to-date and optimal functionality is essential.
Manufacturers make every effort to keep their gadgets safe by releasing new software updates as needed. Driver Support can be downloaded. With Driver Support, you can keep your system working smoothly and securely without the effort and guesswork that comes with upgrading drivers on your own. Get in touch with us immediately to ensure that your system is clear of obsolete or missing drivers – and that this happens automatically.