- 1 Add an email account to Outlook
- 1.1 Outlook won’t accept my password
- 1.2 Problems adding your email account? Use advanced setup.
- 1.3 Need to update settings for an existing email account in Outlook?
- 1.4 Add a new account quickly
- 2 How to Setup or Configure Outlook 2016?
- 3 Setup or Configure Outlook 2016
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 Manually Set Up an Email Account in Microsoft Outlook 2016 (IMAP or POP3)
- 6 How to Configure Outlook for Windows for Office 365
- 7 Get Outlook for Windows
- 8 Configure Outlook for Windows
- 9 Outlook 2016 Windows Manual Setup for POP3
- 9.1 1. Start the Microsoft Outlook program.
- 9.2 2. The “Welcome to Outlook” window appears.
- 9.3 3. The “Choose Account Type” window appears.
- 9.4 4. The “POP Account Settings” window appears.
- 9.5 5. Outlook asks for your password.
- 9.6 6. Outlook setup is complete
- 9.7 How to fix Outlook deleting all the messages from the server when it shouldn’t, or downloading the same messages repeatedly
- 10 Godaddy – Mijn Workspace Email toevoegen aan Outlook (Windows)
- 11 Meer informatie
- 12 Setting up an Office 365 email account in Outlook 2016
- 13 Unable to setup Office 365 mail account on Outlook 2016
- 14 71 Replies
- 15 Quick Answer: How To Configure Outlook 2016 Windows 10?
- 16 How do I setup Outlook 2016 on my computer?
- 17 How do I set up a new email account in Outlook 2016?
- 18 How do I configure Outlook 2017?
- 19 How do I setup Outlook 2013 on Windows 10?
- 20 How do I setup Outlook 2010 on Windows 10?
- 21 How do I setup Exchange in Outlook 2016?
- 22 Where are pop settings in Outlook 2016?
- 23 How do I set up IMAP in Outlook 2016?
- 24 How do I add an account to Outlook 2016?
- 25 How do I open another mailbox in Outlook 2016?
- 26 How do I add an Exchange account to Outlook 2016?
- 27 How do I configure Outlook?
- 28 How do I open Outlook in Windows 10?
- 29 How do I configure Outlook 2016 to connect to Office 365?
- 30 How do I set up a new Outlook email account?
- 31 How do I setup Microsoft Exchange in Outlook?
- 32 How do I configure Outlook 2013?
- 33 Does Windows 10 include Outlook?
- 34 Is Outlook free in Windows 10?
- 35 How do I manually configure Outlook 2010 for Exchange Online?
- 36 How do I add a pop3 account to Outlook 2016?
- 37 How do I change IMAP to pop3 in Outlook 2016?
- 38 How do I change server settings in Outlook 2016?
- 39 How do I manually configure Outlook for Office 365?
- 40 How do I configure Outlook 365 for pop3?
- 41 How do I sync my Outlook with Office 365?
Add an email account to Outlook
These procedures are the same whether you’re adding your first email account to Outlook or adding many email accounts at the same time.
- FileAdd Account
- SelectFileAdd Account
- What you see next is dependent on the version of Outlook you are using. When using Outlook for Microsoft 365 or Outlook 2016, For Microsoft Outlook 2013 and Microsoft Outlook 2010 Connect using your email address by clicking on the Connect button. Fill out the form with your name, email address, and password, then click Next. Whenever asked, enter your password once more, and then choose OKFinish to begin using your email account in Outlook.
Outlook won’t accept my password
If Outlook would not accept your password, and you are certain that you are using the password for your email account, it is possible that you have an email account that requires more protection. Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, Outlook.com, and AOL accounts all employ two-factor authentication to assist ensure that the person attempting to access your email account is indeed you, rather than someone else. You’ll need an app password, also known as an application password, in order to link your email account to Microsoft Outlook.
- You’ll know you need an app password if you see the following notice on your computer screen: Your account has been set up with two-factor authentication.
- The procedures for obtaining an app password varies depending on the email service provider you use.
- Adding your Gmail account to Outlook without setting up two-factor authentication or using an app password is possible if your account has been configured to allow “less secure apps” to connect.
- We recommend that you enable two-factor authentication and use an app password to protect your account.
- Using your web browser, navigate to Gmail and then click on the Google applications symbol in the upper right corner of the screen. Choose ‘My Account’ from the drop-down menu. SelectSigning in to Google from the Sign-insecurity drop-down menu. If 2-Step Verification is turned off in the Passwordsign-in method section, click the next toOFF button. If not, proceed to step 4
- Otherwise, stop here.
- Continue by clickingCONTINUE on the first screen
- If you’re prompted, enter the password for your Gmail account and then clickNEXT
- Enter your phone number and choose whether you’d like to receive your verification codes through text message or phone call by selecting one of the options. Enter the code you got and clickNEXT
- Then repeat the process. To complete the configuration of 2-step verification, clickTURN ON. The previous screen may be accessed by selecting it with the left arrow located at the top of the screen next to 2-Step Verification.
- Select App passwords from the Passwordsign-in method drop-down menu. Sign in with your Google account by entering your password and clicking Sign in. To generate an app password, go to the bottom of the next screen and pick MailandWindows Computerfrom the drop-down menus
- Google will then show an app password for you to copy and paste. This password (without the spaces) should be copied and pasted into the password field when Outlook asks for a password.
If you’re using two-factor authentication for Outlook.com, you may generate an app password by following the procedures outlined below.
- Go to this website: In the top right-hand corner, click on your initials and then on View Account
- UnderSecurity, pick Update
- UnderMore security options, select Explore
- And underSecurity, select Update. Scroll down to the App Passwords area and choose “Create a new app password” from the drop-down menu. The password for your application will be presented on the next screen. This password should be written down since you’ll have to enter it after your account has been imported into Microsoft Outlook. Make use of the procedures provided at the beginning of this article to add your account to Outlook, but when Outlook asks for your password, enter the password associated with your app.
- Using your browser, navigate to theYahoo.com website and click on the settings button in the upper right corner of the screen
- Or SelectAccount informationAccount security from the drop-down menu. It’s possible that you’ll have to sign in again. If two-step verification is not enabled, you will need to enable it before proceeding. Then choose Manage app passwords from the drop-down menu. SelectOutlook Desktopfrom the drop-down selection, and then click on Generate to begin. Yahoo will automatically generate an app password for you. This password (without the spaces) should be copied and pasted into the password field when Outlook asks for a password.
- Using your web browser, navigate to theApple ID page and input your Apple ID and password
- If you’ve already enabled two-factor authentication, you’ll get a code on one of your devices to confirm your identity. To proceed, you must enter this code. In every other case, enable two-factor authentication. Under APP-SPECIFIC PASSWORDS in theSecuritysection, choose Generate Password
- If you give your password a name, such as Outlook, and then choose Create, Apple will provide an app password that you may use. This password (without the spaces) should be copied and pasted into the password field when Outlook asks for a password.
Problems adding your email account? Use advanced setup.
It’s possible that you’ll have to manually enter your email address. Take your pick from one of the advanced ways listed below:
Use advanced setup to add a POP or IMAP email account in Outlook for Windows
Use the advanced configuration option in Outlook if you need to specify precise values for incoming and outgoing server names, port numbers, or SSL settings, for example. You may use these procedures to add a POP or IMAP account to your Outlook account settings.
- Open Outlook and choose FileAdd Account from the drop-down menu. To go to the following screen, input your email address, selectAdvanced settings, then check the box labeled “Allow me to manually set up my account” and click “Connect.” Choose the type of account you want to create. You’ll most likely choose IMAP when you need to utilize this feature
- TheAccount settingsscreen should be pre-populated with the majority of the account settings you’ll need. If you need to check up your account settings, you may do so by visiting thePOP and IMAP account settings article. Select Next once you have entered your incoming and outgoing server configurations. Connect will appear after you have entered your password.
Use advanced setup to add a third-party MAPI email account to Outlook for Windows
If you are utilizing a third-party MAPI provider, you must download and setup the MAPI email provider program in accordance with the provider company’s recommendations and instructions.
- Open Outlook and choose FileAdd Account from the drop-down menu. After entering your email address, selecting Advanced settings and checking the box that says “Allow me to set up my account manually,” click “Connect” on the following screen. Alternatively, on theAdvanced Setupscreen, selectOther
- Using the drop-down menu on the Otherscreen, select the type of server you want to connect to. Please keep in mind that the Otheroption, as well as the account type specified under it, will only display if you have correctly installed and configured the MAPI provider. ClickConnect
- The third-party MAPI provider program that has been installed on your computer should begin to run
- Completing the account setup by following the instructions provided by the MAPI supplier
Need to update settings for an existing email account in Outlook?
If you have previously created an email account but need to alter current settings as a result of recent difficulties, click to Change or update email account settings in Outlook for Windows and follow the on-screen instructions. Note: Customers of AOL and Verizon who need to adjust their account settings as a result of AOL’s recent change to their server settings should go to the section Update your email settings in Outlook for Mac for further information and instructions.
It is important to double-check your encryption settings to ensure they are set to SSL, SSL/TLS, or Auto and not just TLS alone.
Add a new account quickly
You can set up most email accounts in just a few simple steps, including Microsoft 365 and Exchange server accounts as well as Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, Live.com, and Google accounts, among others.
- Click the addition (+) symbol to add a new account
- And then click Save. Fill up the blanks with your email address. Continue
- Fill in the blanks with your password. Create a new account. It is possible that your screen will seem different from this one based on the account you are adding. It is possible that when you add a Yahoo or other IMAP or POP account, you will be sent to those sites and asked if Outlook should be allowed to access your mail, contacts, and calendars. Continue by selecting Allow. If you are adding Gmail, you will be prompted to sign in to your Google account from inside Outlook. Those using Build 16.15.18070902 or higher are eligible to utilize this feature. In the event that you have already joined your Gmail account to Outlook, you may read about it here: Improved authentication for existing Gmail users. Select Completed in order to begin using Outlook 2016 for Mac
If you have a Google account that was added to Outlook for Mac prior to the release of the improved authentication experience for Google IMAP accounts, you will need to sign-in to your account using the browser in order to be able to access your emails.
- Select Sign in to Google with your credentials. Once you’ve selected an account, you’ll be prompted to provide Outlook access to your e-mail, contacts, and calendars. If you choose Allow, you will be prompted to return to your Outlook inbox. ChooseAllow
- To begin using Outlook 2016 for Mac, click on the Done button.
- Make a selection of the email account you wish to modify
- Depending on the sort of account you’re modifying, you may need to change the description, personal information, username and password, or other settings. When you’re satisfied with your changes, click OK.
Following the creation of your first email account, repeat the process to add all future email accounts.
- Click on the plus (+) icon to create a new account. Fill in the email address associated with the account. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the account setup.
Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of protection to your account’s cybersecurity. On your phone, you’ll receive a one-time use code for each time you log into your Gmail account from a new computer or device. To complete the sign-in process, enter this code.
- Using your web browser, navigate to Gmail and then click on the Google applications symbol in the upper right corner of the screen. Choose ‘My Account’ from the drop-down menu. SelectSigning in to Google from the Sign-insecurity drop-down menu. Select 2-Step Verification and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Using your browser, navigate to the Yahoo! website and click on the settings button in the upper right corner of the page
- Then click on Account infoAccount security to complete the process. It’s possible that you’ll have to sign in again. If two-step verification is not enabled, you will need to enable it before proceeding. Then choose Manage app passwords from the drop-down menu. SelectOutlook Desktopfrom the drop-down selection, and then click on Generate to begin. Yahoo will automatically generate an app password for you. Remember this password (without the spaces) and use it as the password when creating a new account in Outlook.
- Using your web browser, navigate to theApple ID page and input your Apple ID and password
- If you’ve already enabled two-factor authentication, you’ll get a code on one of your devices to confirm your identity. To proceed, you must enter this code. In every other case, enable two-factor authentication. Under APP-SPECIFIC PASSWORDS in theSecuritysection, choose Generate Password
- If you give your password a name, such as Outlook, and then choose Create, Apple will provide an app password that you may use. Remember this password (without the spaces) and use it as the password when creating a new account in Outlook.
How to Setup or Configure Outlook 2016?
Setup and Configure Outlook 2016 on Windows ” data-image-caption=” Setup and Configure Outlook 2016 on Windows ” data-image-caption=” Setup and Configure Outlook 2016 on Windows ” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” data-small-file=” Have you ever attempted to customize Microsoft Outlook 2016 or a later version of the program? Is it possible for you to explain what Outlook is and when you may use Microsoft Outlook? You shouldn’t be concerned because in this post, I’ll teach you how to setup Outlook 2016, and it will also work on earlier versions such as “Outlook 2013,” “Outlook 2010,” and “Outlook 2007.” Email management and advanced Email customisation are both possible with Microsoft Outlook, which is a well-knownOfficeservice.
Microsoft Outlook is a free download from Microsoft.
In this article, we will demonstrate a simple method for setting up or configuring Microsoft Outlook.
Setup or Configure Outlook 2016
Follow the illustrated instructions in this article to configure Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 or any later version of the operating system. 1. If you are using Windows 7, 8, or 10, all you have to do is press the Windows key and type Outlook. First and foremost, Outlook must be installed on your computer; otherwise, no matter how many times you enter Outlook, it will not appear. Most of the time, Outlook is included with Microsoft Office, but it is also available for download alone. In any case, when you entered Outlook, it appeared at the top of the list.
When you see the Welcome to Outlook 2016 window, click on theNext button to proceed further.
Outlook may be used to connect to email accounts, such as those hosted by your organization’s Microsoft Exchange server or those hosted by Microsoft Office 365’s Exchange online service.
Add an Email Account ” data-image-caption=” Add an Email Account ” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” loading=”lazy” src=” alt=”Add an Email Account” width=”600″ height=”427″ data-large-file=” loading=”lazy” src=” alt=”Add an Email Account” width=”600″ height=”427″ srcset=” 677w,300w” sizes=”(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px”> srcset=” 677w,300w” sizes=”(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px” 4.
After that, you will be required to input your details.
Auto Account Setup ” data-image-caption=” Auto Account Setup ” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” loading=”lazy” src=” alt=”Auto Account Setup” width=”600″ height=”426″ src=” alt=”Auto Account Setup” width=”600″ height=”426″ src=” alt=”Auto Account Setup” width=”600″ height=”426″ Setup Your Account Automatically srcset=” 678w,300w” sizes=”(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px”>Automatic Account Setup It is possible that you will encounter an error during this phase.
If you encounter a mistake, simply leave a comment on this article.
Trying to find an email server “The data-image-caption attribute is set to “Searching for Email Server.” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” loading=”lazy” src=” alt=”Searching for Email Server” width=”600″ height=”427″ data-large-file=” loading=”lazy” src=” alt=”Searching for Email Server” width=”600″ height=”427″ data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” loading=”lazy” src=” alt=”Searching for Email Server” width=”600″ height=”427″” It is looking for an email server.
srcset=677w,300w sizes=”(max-width:600) 100vw, 600px”>It is looking for an email server.
You may now manage your emails in your business by using Microsoft Outlook, which is now available.
It was the method through which you could configure Outlook 2016 or any of the earlier versions. If you have any questions on how to configure Microsoft Outlook, please do not hesitate to share them with us in the comments below. Thank you for spending time with us.
In addition to being the founder and CEO of wikigain.com, Mukhtar Jafari also serves as a consultant. He holds a CISCO CCENTCCNA certification and a diploma in information technology networking from North Metro TAFE PERTH. Working as a Help Desk Technician at DEEPTECH Perth in Western Australia is what he is now doing. In addition, he enjoys assisting other tech enthusiasts, which is why he is a part-time employee at wikigain.com. He shares his knowledge and expertise with IT newbies through this website.
Manually Set Up an Email Account in Microsoft Outlook 2016 (IMAP or POP3)
- Filein the menu of Microsoft Outlook 2016
- OpenMicrosoft Outlook 2016 and clickFile in the menu
- Add a new account by clicking on the + button under Account Information. Manual configuration or other server types can be selected and then clicked on Next. Select either POP or IMAP and then click Next. Fill up the form with the user, server, and login details. You can choose between IMAP and POP3 accounts.
Choosing Account type POP3 in the Server information will allow you to retrieve your emails via POP3. Pop.ionos.com should be used as your incoming mail server. The rest of the account settings are identical to those for IMAP.
|Your Name||The name you want displayed on outgoing emails|
|Email Address||The complete email address that you are setting up|
|Incoming mail server||imap.ionos.com|
|Outgoing mail server||smtp.ionos.com|
|User Name||The full email address of your IONOS email account|
|Password||The password you entered when you set up the email address|
|Require login using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)||As this function is not supported by our mail servers, please do not tick this box.|
- More options may be found by clickingMore options. Make that the box labeled “My outgoing mail server (SMTP) requires authentication” is checked under theOutgoing mail servertab. Choose the appropriate menu item. Make use of the same configuration as my incoming mail server
- After that, navigate to theAdvancedtab. Fill up the blanks with the information for the receiving and outgoing mail servers shown below.
|Server Port Numbers|
|Incoming Server (IMAP)||993||Select the connection type SSL in the drop-down menu|
|Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)||587||Select the connection type Automatic in the drop-down menu|
SSL configurations for POP3: After that, navigate to theAdvancedtab. Select the checkbox “Server requires an encrypted connection” to enable encryption (SSL). After that, enter the incoming and outgoing mail server configurations.
|Server port number|
|Incoming mail server (POP3)||995||Check Server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)|
|Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)||587||Select the connection type Automatic in the drop-down menu|
- When you return to thePOP and IMAP Accounts Settingsscreen, click Next, and then Finish
Using Microsoft Outlook, you have successfully finished the creation of your email account.
How to Configure Outlook for Windows for Office 365
Setting up an Exchange connection allows you to setup Microsoft Outlook to connect to your Office 365 account. Access to your email, calendar, contacts, and tasks in Outlook is made possible by an Exchange connection. You may also configure Outlook to access your email over the IMAP protocol. If you use IMAP, however, you will only be able to access your email from Outlook, not your calendar, contacts, or tasks, as they are all stored separately. Notes:
- Office 365 is designed to function with any version of Microsoft Office that is currently in mainstream support
- However, some limitations apply. It is possible that two-step authentication will be required.
Get Outlook for Windows
Outlook is offered as part of the Microsoft Office 365 subscription. University faculty, employees, and graduate students who have a full-service SUNet ID and undergraduate students who have a student email address associated with an Office 365 account can download Microsoft Office for Windows for free using webmail. For further information, please see Microsoft Office for Windows.
Configure Outlook for Windows
- Open the Outlook program. On the Welcome screen, press the Next button. Whenever you’re asked if you want to set up Outlook to connect to an email account, choose Yes and then click Next. Opens the Auto Account Setup wizard, which guides you through the process. You must provide your name, your email address (using [email protected]), and your Stanford University Network ID password. Then press the Next button. Microsoft Outlook will complete the configuration of your account, which may take several minutes to complete. Click Finish after you receive confirmation that your account has been correctly configured. It is possible that you may need to restart Outlook in order for the changes to take effect.
Change offline access setting
In the event that you are not connected to the Internet, you may still use Outlook on your laptop or desktop computer. Email, calendar, and other information are stored in an Outlook data file on your computer, allowing you to function when not connected to the internet. You have the option of changing the term of this setting to 1, 3, 6, 12, or 24 months, or to all of the above.
- In Outlook, select File > Account Settings > Account Settings from the File menu. Change should be chosen in the Account Settings dialog box, with theE-mailtab selected. To choose the length of time you wish to retain mail on your computer for offline access, drag the slider to the right in the Offline Settings section. You have the option of selecting 1, 3, 6, 12, 24 months, or All. Then clickNext
- Then clickFinish
- And so on.
The most recent modification was made on April 20, 2020.
Outlook 2016 Windows Manual Setup for POP3
With the use of a POP3 connection, this article will show you how to configure Microsoft Outlook 2016 on a Windows computer to send and receive email for an email mailbox that you’ve setup.
We don’t recommend using POP3.
POP3 is an outdated connection mechanism that does not perform effectively when several devices are connected. We recommend that you use IMAP instead. IMAP allows you to view all of your mail and folders on several devices at the same time, and it automatically keeps those devices in sync. It also allows us to more reliably back up your mailbox data. (What’s the difference between POP3 and IMAP, and how do I know which one to use?) In the box above, you should input your email address (the one that you would want to use to set up your Outlook account).
It is necessary to provide your email address in order to ensure that the instructions below are right.
1. Start the Microsoft Outlook program.
Outlook 2016 may be launched from the Start menu. Outlook will normally offer you to establish a new account if this is the first time you’ve used the program previously. If this is the case, go to step 2 immediately. If Outlook does not prompt you, go to the File tab and select: Then, make sure that Information is chosen on the left-hand side of the screen, and click theAdd Account button:
2. The “Welcome to Outlook” window appears.
When this window displays, do the following:
- As an example, you may use the email address [email protected] Select Advanced Options from the drop-down menu
- Then select Allow me to manually set up my account.
Once you’ve done that, the window should appear something like this:
3. The “Choose Account Type” window appears.
POPUP appears in the window as follows:ClickPOP.
4. The “POP Account Settings” window appears.
This is the window where you’ll make the majority of your account configuration changes:
|Incoming mail server:||mail.tigertech.net|
|Incoming mail port:||995|
|This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL/TLS):||checked|
|Outgoing mail server:||mail.tigertech.net|
|Outgoing mail port:||587|
|Outgoing mail encryption method:||STARTTLS|
In the “Require login using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)” checkboxes, make sure that they are not selected. The window should look something like this:Click Next to continue.
5. Outlook asks for your password.
ClickConnect after you have entered theemail password that you specified when you established this email address.
6. Outlook setup is complete
You’ve completed your task! Send yourself a test email message to ensure that everything is working properly.
How to fix Outlook deleting all the messages from the server when it shouldn’t, or downloading the same messages repeatedly
Certain versions of Outlook 2016 are affected by a problem that produces this behavior while connecting over POP3 protocol. A Microsoft page dedicated to this problem goes into further information about what is happening and how to resolve it. Copyright from 2000 until 2022. Company Name: Tiger Technologies, Inc.
Godaddy – Mijn Workspace Email toevoegen aan Outlook (Windows)
The fourth episode of the series Input the email address for my workspace. Input your Workspace Email e-mail address into Outlook 2016 or a newer version of Outlook on a Windows PC. You will be able to send and receive confidential e-mails after that.
- Open the Outlook program. To activate BestandAccount, select it from the drop-down menu. If you haven’t opened Outlook yet, you’ll see a welcome screen
- If you haven’t already, you’ll see a welcome message. Fill in your Workspace Email address and click on the button labeled “Verbinden.” Note: After Outlook has automatically discovered your Workspace Email account, you may enter your wachtwoord and click on the Verbindenklikken. Following that, you may go to step 11
- SelecteerPOP as opposed to IMAP
- Fill out the form for incoming e-mail server poortin
|Wat moet je invoeren als …||Server||Poort|
|Inkomende server (IMAP)||imap.secureserver.net||993|
|Inkomende server (POP)||pop.secureserver.net||995|
- If you are using IMAP, you must selectSSL/TLS from the drop-down menu under Versleutelingsmethode. If you are using POP, make sure to pick the SSL/TLS option from the drop-down menu. Fill in the blanks with the following e-mail deserverenpoortin:
- Select SSL/TLS as the Versleutelingsmethode from the drop-down menu. SelecteerVolgende
- Fill in the blanks with your wachtwoordin and click on “Connect”
- When you see a notification that your e-mail account has been compromised, click on the button labelled “Gereed.”
- Read this article if you want to know what Microsoft 365 is all about. Do you need assistance? Try some of our troubleshooting suggestions to see if you can connect your email account.
Setting up an Office 365 email account in Outlook 2016
- Office365 SMTP server
- Port 587
- SMTP authentication applied/ticked
- TLS application applied/ticked
- Authentication password
- Smtp server
How to automatically set up an Office 365 email account
- Open Outlook, and when the Auto Account Wizard appears, select the Next option to proceed. Alternatively, if the wizard does not open, or if you wish to add another email account, select theFiletab from the toolbar. On theE-mail Accountspage, select NextAdd Account
- Then click Finish. To create an automatic account, go to theAuto Account Setuppage and fill in your name, email address, and password, then click Next
- Finally, click Finish
Ensure that your email address and password are correct if you receive an error message. If both of these are valid, you should proceed with the manual account setup procedure.
How to manually set up an Office 365 email account
- Manual configuration or other server types are available. Next
- Then, after selecting the sort of account you require, click Next. Fill up the blanks with your name, email address, account type, incoming mail server, outgoing mail server, user name, and password Test your account settings by selectingTest Account Settings from the drop-down menu. Note: If the test fails, selectMore Settings from the drop-down menu. It is possible that your administrator will require you to make other adjustments, such as specifying certain ports for the receiving server (POP3) or outgoing server (SMTP) (SMTP). In addition, you may experiment with switching the outgoing authentication mechanism fromTLS toSTARTorAuto
These steps will help you set up an Office 365 email account on your PC using Outlook 2016 or Outlook 2013. Gmail, Yahoo, and work or school accounts are just a few of the email accounts that may be added to Outlook for your convenience. Updated on September 29, 2021
Unable to setup Office 365 mail account on Outlook 2016
Greetings, Gentlemen. Office 365 and Outlook 2016 are not working properly for me. This user previously had his or her email configured on an Outlook 2016 client on another computer. In addition to purchasing a new computer, I downloaded Office Home and Business 2016 from my Office 365 membership. When I opened Outlook and tried to send the email, an error warning appeared “Unfortunately, something went wrong, and Outlook was unable to set up your new account. Please try your search again. If the problem persists, contact the administrator of your email account.” Setup was done manually in the mail app, and I was requested for credentials.
I got in touch with Microsoft support, and they guided me through the process of manually uninstalling anything that was office 2016 related on the PC, including registry entries, and re-installing office.
In addition, this is running on a Windows 10 home computer.
Thanks. I was able to resolve the issue by disabling IPv6 on my computer, after which I was able to set up the email account. Topics that are often discussed in Microsoft Office 365 When the system power is switched off, which of the following keeps the information that it is currently storing?
This was correctly identified by 88 percent of IT professionals.
I was able to resolve the issue by disabling IPv6 on my computer, after which I was able to set up the email account. dbeato This individual has been confirmed as a professional. Verify your account in order for your IT colleagues to recognize you as a professional. Wednesday, August 3rd, 2017 at 11:54 a.m. UTC Microsoft Office 365 professional In such case, please indicate your response as the best answer:). It appears like I am experiencing the same problem. Outlook was working well after I reinstalled Windows.
- I tried removing IPV6 but it didn’t work: 1.
- I believe that when I first got it to work, I was running the Windows Anniversary update before to setting up Outlook and then updating to the Creators update later on after that.
- I’ve also attempted the methods listed above in Outlook’s safe mode without success.
- I was able to successfully set up email on this same PC (before to upgrading the operating system) as well as on another PC that was also running Windows 10.
- Instead of selecting ‘Account Settings’ from the Account Settings sub-menu, choose ‘Manage Profiles’ from the same menu.
Simply pick ‘E-Mail Accounts,’ and you will be able to create a new account in the same way that you did in previous versions of Outlook.
I hope this has been of assistance.
I had an office 365 account set up, but the administrators wanted to perform a migration, and because to Microsoft’s robust architecture, I had to erase and re-create my account from scratch.
It has already been decided to turn off all non-essential protocols.
Microsoft has scored another another victory.
Symptom: I am unable to configure Outlook 2016 to receive my Office365 email.
Multiple computers running Office 2016 on a variety of networks and operating systems experienced this issue at different times.
Insert email address and password.
You should be able to use the Mail control panel tool to set this up as we have always done.
I hope this helps others that were just a frustrated as me.
Due to migration, the account is the same and windows in all it’s wisdom keeps trying to connect to the new account with the old account credentials.
My resolution was simpler but far from obvious.
This takes you to a dialog box where you can manually configure servers, ports, etc.
That got my Office 365 account up and running in Outlook.
Tried this one and it worked like a charm!
For anyone else that the above didn’t help to fix your issue, on Windows 10 I did a NETWORK RESET, I assumed there was something off in the stack, and this was my fix for this issue.
levimill This individual has been confirmed as a professional.
Jan 11, 2018 at 21:40 UTC I tried every solution listed in this thread, but nothing worked.
Hey Guys, I was able to get around it if you were to setup one mailbox with the Microsoft tool.
The solution to delete all profiles and just launch Outlook rather than creating a profile via Control Panel worked for me.
It’s a pretty straightforward approach – simply take the default configuration options (as they already reflect appropriate Office 365 Server and Port settings) and insert your password when prompted.
Microsoft – please fine tune the setup of 365 Exchange services with the preferred/recommended Microsoft Mail Client.
That definitely works, but represents some serious time if you have multiple mail accounts of varying types.
The google/gmail trick worked for me.
Finally fixed it with this regedit script from Office 365 support: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00″ExcludeHttpsRootDomain”=dword:00000001″ExcludeHttpsAutoDiscoverDomain”=dword:00000001 Uninstalled and reinstalled Office several times did not fix it, but running the above regedit script did the trick.
SSmith207 This individual has been confirmed as a professional.
Feb 20, 2018 at 14:02 UTC jeffwest2 wrote:I had the same issue.
And here is the link to the complete Office uninstalled that I tried as well:.
This solved my issue. The solution above is a good one for the many issues profiles have in outlook and the search function, but this one was much different than that and just didn’t make sense to me. After troubleshooting for a solid 8 hours over two weeks your solution solved my issue. Thank you!
Quick Answer: How To Configure Outlook 2016 Windows 10?
- Start up your email client. When you want to get to the Windows 10 Start menu, press the WINDOWS key on your keyboard. Select Mail
- Then enter the email address you want to use. To access the Settings menu, click the gear symbol. Accounts may be accessed by clicking on it. Add a new account by clicking Add Account and entering your Internet email account information. The following email server is used for receiving emails: pop.shaw.ca. POP3 is the account type. Sign in by clicking the Sign-in button.
How do I setup Outlook 2016 on my computer?
Configuration of Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Open Outlook 2016 by selecting it from the Start menu. Select the ‘File’ tab from the menu bar at the top left of the screen. Click on the ‘Add Account’ button. You must enter your email address. Choose ‘Advanced’ from the drop-down menu and select the option to manually set up the account
- To connect, press the ‘Connect’ button. Select between POP3 or IMAP as your email protocol.
How do I set up a new email account in Outlook 2016?
Outlook 2016 allows you to create an additional mailbox.
- To add a new mailbox, open Microsoft Outlook 2016 and select the File menu option from the ribbon. Account Settings may be found under the Info tab. Change your existing Mailbox by selecting it in Account Settings and clicking Change
- On the following page, click on More Settings
- The Advanced tab should be selected, and the Add button should be clicked.
How do I configure Outlook 2017?
To save your changes, click Save Changes.
- Add an account in Outlook by selecting File > Add Account from the File menu
- In Outlook, pick the Info tab and click Add Account. Next, select Manual configuration or extra server types from the drop-down menu. POP or IMAP (or Internet Email in the case of Outlook 2010) should be selected and then clicked Next. Enter the following information in the User Information section: For your server configuration, enter the following information:
How do I setup Outlook 2013 on Windows 10?
Setup Outlook 2013 for use with Office 365.
- Select Start | Control Panel | Mail from the Start menu. Select Show Profiles from the drop-down menu. Right-click on the profile to which you wish to link your account and choose Properties
- Select E-mail Accounts from the drop-down menu. Make sure the ‘Email’ tab is chosen on the “Account Settings” screen before clicking the New button. Step 2 is to be taken.
How do I setup Outlook 2010 on Windows 10?
Getting Microsoft Outlook 2010 Up and Running
- Add a new account by clicking on the Add Account button. Check Manually change server settings or add new server types to your server configuration. To proceed, click Next. Choose Internet E-mail as your method of communication. Next, enter your name and e-mail address in the appropriate fields. Assign the account type of IMAP to your computer. Select the Outgoing Server option and then click OK. I require authentication for my outgoing mail server (SMTP). Select the Advanced option. Finish by pressing the Finish button.
How do I setup Exchange in Outlook 2016?
To set up Outlook 2016, follow these steps: Go to the Windows Control Panel by clicking on the Start button. MailShow ProfilesAdd a new profile. Fill up the blanks with your Profile Name and click OK. Click Next once you have entered your name, primary email address and mailbox password twice on the Auto Account Setup page of the website.
Where are pop settings in Outlook 2016?
I’m having trouble figuring out where the server settings are in Outlook 2016.
- Step 1: Navigate to the Windows Control Panel. Click on Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016) in the second step. Step 3: Select Email Accounts from the drop-down menu. Step 4 – Choose an email account and then click Change
- And Step 5 – Confirm that your incoming and outgoing servers and user names are correct. Step 6 – Select More Settings from the drop-down menu. Step 7 – Verify any extra outgoing server configurations
How do I set up IMAP in Outlook 2016?
Configure email in Microsoft Outlook 2016. (IMAP)
- Activate the Microsoft Outlook application
- The “Auto Account Setup” window appears
- The “Choose Service” window appears
- And the “Close Account” window appears. There is an appearance of the “POP and IMAP Account Settings” window
- View the “More Settings” menu option. Select the “Outgoing Server” tab from the drop-down menu. Select the “Advanced” tab from the drop-down menu. The “Internet E-mail Settings” window should be closed.
How do I add an account to Outlook 2016?
The following steps are required for creating a shared mailbox in Outlook 2016 (Windows):
- Select the File menu option. Account PreferencesAccount Preferences
- Choose your Deakin email address from the list of available accounts. Add the ChangeMore SettingsAdvanced tab to your browser’s address bar. Enter the name of the shared account and click OK
- Click ApplyOKNextFinish to complete the process.
How do I open another mailbox in Outlook 2016?
Open the calendar or inbox folders of another person on demand.
- Choose OpenExport from the File tab in Outlook 2016 or 2013, and then Other User’s Folder from the drop-down menu. Specify the username of the other user in the “Open Other User’s Folder” window, or click Name to choose the other user by his or her name from your Address Book
How do I add an Exchange account to Outlook 2016?
Configure an Exchange account in Microsoft Outlook 2016.
- Open the Windows Control Panel on the PC where Outlook is installed
- Then click on the Mail tab. When you double-click on Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016), you will be sent to the Outlook setup settings. Select Email Accounts from the drop-down menu. On the Email tab, select the New option. Manual configuration or other server types can be selected and then clicked Next.
How do I configure Outlook?
Open the Microsoft Outlook 2010 program.
- Select File > Add Account from the drop-down menu. Select File > Add Account from the drop-down menu. Select Manually setup server settings or other server types from the drop-down menu, and then click Next. Choose Internet E-mail from the drop-down menu and then click Next. Figure 4: A diagram of the human body. Fill up the blanks with the details for your email account.
How do I open Outlook in Windows 10?
Create a new email address.
- By selecting Mail from the Windows Start menu, you may access the Mail application. This screen will appear if this is the first time you’ve started the Mail application
- Otherwise, you’ll see the Welcome page. Select Add account from the drop-down menu. Select the type of account you wish to add to your list
- Sign in by providing the following information and clicking Sign in
- To finish, click Done.
How do I configure Outlook 2016 to connect to Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 – Outlook for Windows Exchange Configuration Manual
- Open the Control Panel
- Select Mail
- Select Email Accounts
- Select New
- And then click OK. Specify if you want a manual configuration or other server types, and then click Next. After selecting Microsoft Exchange Server or a comparable service, go to the next step. Specify the following information in the respective fields: Select the Security tab from the drop-down menu.
How do I set up a new Outlook email account?
Learn how to set up a new Outlook.com email address.
- Go to the Outlook.com sign-up page and pick Create free account from the drop-down menu
- Please type in your desired username, which is the portion of your email address that appears before @outlook.com
How do I setup Microsoft Exchange in Outlook?
- To access Account Settings from the Tools menu, choose the Exchange account from the drop-down list, and then click Change. More Settings may be accessed by selecting More Settings and then the Connection tab. Ensure that the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box is selected in the Outlook Anywhere section. To configure a proxy server, select Exchange Proxy Settings from the drop-down menu.
How do I configure Outlook 2013?
Getting Microsoft Outlook 2013 Up and Running
- Add a new account by clicking on the Add Account button. Select Manual configuration or more server types, then click Next. Select either POP3 or IMAP as your email protocol and click Next. Fill up the blanks with your name and email address. Then, under Outgoing Server, choose the checkbox that says My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Choose Advanced
- Then click Close.
Does Windows 10 include Outlook?
Is your Outlook version compatible with the latest version of Windows 10? In terms of support for Windows 10, Microsoft officially supports only Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016, and Office 365. The BCM versions of these products are also included in this category.
Is Outlook free in Windows 10?
This new Windows 10 Mail program, which comes preloaded with the Calendar app, is really a component of Microsoft’s free Office Mobile productivity package, which can be downloaded from the company’s website. Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile is the name of the app, which runs on smartphones and phablets, but it’s just plain Mail on Windows 10 on PCs.
How do I manually configure Outlook 2010 for Exchange Online?
Configure Outlook 2010 for Exchange Online using a manual process (BPOS)
- Close out of Outlook. Open the Mail32 (32-bit) program from the Control Panel. Click E-mail Accounts. and then New. to create a new email account. During the process, select E-mail Account and then click Next. Click on Manually setup server settings or other server types and then click Next one more
- Select Microsoft Exchange or a suitable service and click Next once more if necessary.
How do I add a pop3 account to Outlook 2016?
Follow these simple steps to add an IMAP or POP3 account to Outlook 2016:
- Open Outlook and choose FILE from the top-left-hand corner of the screen. Account Settings – Account Settings may be found under the Info section. Click on the New button in the Account Settings window.
How do I change IMAP to pop3 in Outlook 2016?
Add your POP3 account to the list. Transfer your mail folders to a new location. You may also export and import your message rules if you want to. Remove your current IMAP account from your computer. Add your POP3 account as the first step.
- Outlook 2007, Tools-Account Settings.-
- Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, and Outlook 2016
- Outlook as part of Office 365
How do I change server settings in Outlook 2016?
Change your Outlook 2016 password as well as your server settings.
- To access the Send/Receive options, use Ctrl+Alt+S on your keyboard. Select Edit from the drop-down menu. Choose a user account
- To launch the Internet Account Properties dialog box, select Account Properties from the drop-down menu. When prompted for a new password on the email tab, click OK to preserve your changes and dismiss the dialog box.
How do I manually configure Outlook for Office 365?
The following are the steps to manually configure your Office 365 account in Outlook.
- It is necessary to start by going to “Control Panel” and selecting “Mail.” To add a profile, a new window will open on the screen
- Select “Add” to begin the process. Afterwards, on the newly opened box, pick “Manual setup” and then press “Next.” In the following step, pick “Office 365” and then provide the necessary information for your Office 365 account before clicking “Next.”
How do I configure Outlook 365 for pop3?
Select Internet E-mail from the drop-down menu and click Next.
- When you choose POP3 from the Account Drop Down, type outlook.office365.com in the incoming mail server field and smtp.office365.com in the outgoing mail server field
- In the Username field, type your entire email address
- And in the Password box, type your email password.
How do I sync my Outlook with Office 365?
Select Accounts and then select the account you wish to sync. Change the sync settings for your mailbox by selecting Change mailbox sync settings. Check to see that the settings are exactly as you want them to be. If you use an Outlook.com account, such as hotmail.com, you should change the server to eas.outlook.com, and if you have an Office 365 for business account, you should change the server to outlook.office365.com. “Ybierling” provided the photograph used in the article.