- 1 How to connect AirPods to your Windows PC in a few quick steps
- 2 How to Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 Computer : HelloTech How
- 3 How to Connect Your AirPods to a Windows 10 Computer
- 4 How to Disconnect Your AirPods From a Windows 10 Computer
- 5 How to pair Apple AirPods with a Windows PC
- 6 How to pair AirPods or AirPods Pro with Windows 10
- 7 How to reconnect or disconnect AirPods with your PC
- 8 How to unpair your AirPods from your Windows 10 PC
- 9 How to Pair and Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 PC
- 10 How to Pair Your AirPods to Windows 10 Computers
- 11 How Can AirPods Connect to a Windows PC?
- 12 How to Fix Windows 10 Apple AirPod Sync Problems
- 13 How to connect AirPods to a laptop or PC
- 14 How to connect AirPods to a laptop or PC
- 15 Why can’t I hear anything through my AirPods?
- 16 Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting?
- 17 Do AirPods Pro and AirPods Max work on PC?
- 18 Are AirPods good for PC gaming?
- 19 Related articles
- 20 How to Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 Laptop
- 21 Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 Laptop
- 22 Use AirPods on a Windows 10 Laptop
- 23 Change Your AirPods Name on a Windows 10 Laptop
- 24 AirPods on Windows: Ready to Go
- 25 How to connect AirPods to a Windows 10 PC
- 26 How to connect Apple AirPods to a Windows 10 PC
- 27 How to Connect AirPods to Your Windows PC the Right Way
- 28 Can You Connect Apple AirPods With a Windows Laptop or PC?
- 29 How to Connect Your AirPods to a Windows 10 Laptop or PC
- 30 How to Disconnect Your AirPods From Your Windows 10 Laptop or PC
- 31 What You’ll Enjoy When You Use AirPods With Windows PC
- 32 Drawbacks of Using AirPods With Windows Laptop or PC
- 33 Conclusion
- 34 How to pair Apple AirPods with a Windows PC
- 35 How to pair AirPods with a Windows device
- 36 How to reconnect paired AirPods and a Windows PC
- 37 Our top equipment picks
- 38 How do I pair my Apple airpods with my windows 10 hp laptop? It is not showing me an option to pair through bluetooth.
How to connect AirPods to your Windows PC in a few quick steps
- AirPods are designed to be used with the iPhone and iPad, but they may also be used with other devices, like as your computer. Then, open the case and push the button on the back for a few seconds to connect your AirPods with your computer. With Bluetooth Settings, you can then connect the AirPods to your computer in the same way that you would connect any other Bluetooth device to your computer. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
Apple’s AirPods are a pair of entirely wireless Bluetooth earphones that are optimized for use with iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad. AirPods, on the other hand, are compatible with a wide range of other devices, including Android phones and PCs. If you use AirPods with a PC, you won’t be able to use its Siri connectivity, as that feature is only available when the buds are linked to an iPhone or iPad, of course. For those who wish to use theirAirPods with a PC computer while they are not linked with an iPhone, here’s how to get them up and running.
Check out the products mentioned in thisarticle:
1.Ensure that your AirPods are securely stored in their case and that they are fully charged. 2.Open the StartSettings program from the Start menu. It’s represented by the gear-shaped symbol located above the power button. Alternatively, you may search for “Settings” in the Start menu search box. Picture of the day: Select Settings from the Start menu. Dave Johnson/Business Insider is the source of this information. 3.Click”Devices.” 4.Check that Bluetooth is enabled at the top of the “Bluetoothother devices” column (the switch should be slid to the right and coloredblue).
- Dave Johnson/Business Insider is the source of this information.
- 6.In the Add adevice box, choose “Bluetooth” as the device type.
- 8: Press and hold down the little button on the rear of the case for a few seconds, or untilthe status light on the front of the case begins to flash white.
- Dave Johnson/Business Insider is the source of this information.
- “AirPods” will appear when you click it.
- Dave Johnson/Business Insider is the source of this information.
- You may now listen to the audio from your PC through your AirPods.
- Dave Johnson/Business Insider is the source of this information.
How to Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 Computer : HelloTech How
Designed to function flawlessly with iPhones and other Apple devices, AirPods are a great addition to your collection. However, because they function in the same way as any other Bluetooth device, you may connect them to a Windows PC as well. If you require assistance with connecting these two devices, please see our step-by-step instructions on how to connect your AirPods to a Windows 10 computer, as well as how to detach them as necessary.
How to Connect Your AirPods to a Windows 10 Computer
To connect your AirPods to a Windows 10 computer, place them in the case, open it, then press and hold the case’s button until the light starts blinking.
To connect your AirPods to a Mac, follow the same steps as above. Finally, navigate to StartSettingsDevicesBluetoothother devices and click on Add Bluetooth or other devices to complete the installation.
- Place your AirPods in their charging case to keep them charged. Close the case and take a few seconds to think about it. Keep in mind that the battery life of your AirPods should not be depleted too quickly. For optimal results, charge them till the battery level reaches at least 20% of the total capacity. For more information on how to check the battery level of your AirPods, please see our guide
- Then remove the AirPods from their case. Allowing the AirPods to remain in the case while connected to your computer is a good idea. After that, press and hold the button on the charging case until the LED on the case begins to flash. The circular button on the rear of your AirPods case is referred to as theSetupbutton by Apple. You will notice the LED light on the inside of the older AirPods case or on the front of the new AirPods Pro case
- Then, enter the WindowsStartMenu by pressing the Windows key + X key combination. This is the Windows icon located in the lower-left corner of your screen
- Then, selectSettings from the drop-down menu. The gear icon is located above the power button
- Then choose Devices from the drop-down menu. If you do not see this screen, try enlarging the window by clicking on the box symbol in the top-right corner of the window or by using the F5 key on your keyboard. You may also try clicking the home icon in the top-left corner of the window and then clicking Bluetooth or other devices if you are still unable to seeDevices. Adding Bluetooth or other devices will appear in the left-hand sidebar, but it should have be chosen by default
- Then click Add Bluetooth or other devices. This will be located at the top of the window, next to the plus symbol, and will be highlighted in red. Note: First, make sure that the Bluetooth slider is switched on in the Bluetooth settings. In any other case, you will not be able to connect your AirPods to your computer. Next, selectBluetooth from the list. When you select this as the type of device that you want to add, a list of available Bluetooth devices that are available to connect with will appear
- Once you select this as the type of device that you want to add, a list of available Bluetooth devices that are available to connect with will appear
- Then choose your AirPods from the drop-down menu. Ensure that your AirPods are connected to your Windows PC. In this case, you should receive an alert telling you that your device is ready to use. Finally, press the Done button. You may now remove your AirPods from their charging case and utilize them in conjunction with your Windows computer.
It is possible that once you have connected your AirPods to your Windows PC, it will be difficult to connect them to the rest of your equipment. If you want to make sure that your AirPods automatically connect to your iPhone or other devices before you connect them to your Windows PC, follow these steps to detach them from your computer:
How to Disconnect Your AirPods From a Windows 10 Computer
Using the Start menu, select SettingsDevicesBluetoothother devices in order to disconnect your AirPods from your Windows 10 computer. Then right-click on your AirPods and choose Remove device from the menu. Finally, confirm that you want to disconnect your AirPods from your Windows PC by clicking Yes.
- Open the WindowsStartMenu
- Then selectSettings
- Then clickDevices
- Then clickBluetoothother devices
- And finally pick your AirPods from the list that appears. You’ll find them under the Audio section. After that, choose Remove device. Lastly, choose Yes to remove your AirPods from your ears.
Check out our step-by-step tutorial on how to rename your AirPods if you want to make it easier to connect your AirPods to your device. The items and services that we write about are selected by the HelloTech editors. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission.
How to pair Apple AirPods with a Windows PC
IDGP Photographer Leif Johnson Airing AirPods or AirPods Pro with a PC isn’t quite as straightforward as it is with an iOS smartphone, but it is just moderately more complicated. You just pair the earphones with your computer using Bluetooth, which is a simple and quick operation under Windows 10. Simply follow the procedures outlined below, and you’ll be up and running in no time. Please keep in mind, however, that because they are an Apple product, AirPods and AirPod Pros have some limitations on Windows.
Apple’s ear buds can handle Zoom conversations in a pinch, but we wouldn’t use them as your primary Windows headset unless you really had to.
How to pair AirPods or AirPods Pro with Windows 10
To begin, make certain that your AirPods are completely charged, with both earphones in the case and the lid securely closed on the case. Check to see if your Windows 10 computer is capable of operating Bluetooth devices as well. (The vast majority of current laptops, as well as pre-built desktop PCs from suppliers such as Dell and HP, come equipped with Bluetooth.) If your system does not have support, you may purchase a low-cost dongle like as this TP-Link one to enable that functionality.
- In Windows 10, go to the Settingsapp and click on it. In Windows 10, you can discover it by entering Settings into the search box and then picking the app from the list that displays. Its icon is in the shape of a cog. If you like, you may also simultaneously hit the Windows key and the letter I. ChooseDevices from the Settings menu
- TheBluetoothother devicespage will be shown as a result. To begin, make sure that Bluetooth is enabled by checking the toggle towards the top of the page. If it is, continue. If it isn’t already, turn it on
- Then selectAdd Bluetooth or other device
- A menu will appear, asking you which type of device you want to link with it. SelectBluetooth
- Open the cover with your AirPods or AirPods Pro in your hand
- Hold down the circular button on the back of your AirPods for three to eight seconds to activate the microphone. The charging light on your AirPods will gradually begin to pulsate white, indicating that they are charging. As soon as this occurs, lift your finger and return your attention to theAdd a device option
- Please be patient. Sometimes it might take a couple of seconds for the AirPods to become visible. The first time they’re used, they’ll most likely be recognized as “Headphones,” but later on, Windows 10 will recognize them as “AirPods Pro” (or whatever name you gave them on iOS, if you have an iPhone or iPad you previously used them with). You’ll receive a notice saying, “Your device is ready to go!” after selecting them.
Hold the button on the back of your AirPods or AirPods Pro in order to put them into pairing mode. Leif Johnson / IDGHHold the button on the back of your AirPods or AirPods Pro to put them into pairing mode. Your AirPods should be your default listening device as soon as you receive them. When you place them back in their case, Windows 10 will automatically switch back to the audio device that was previously selected.
How to reconnect or disconnect AirPods with your PC
The moment you put your AirPods back in your ears, your computer should recognize them and begin communicating with them. If they do not automatically link, you may manually connect them.
- Open the Settingsapp in Windows 10 and choose Devices from the drop-down menu. Scroll down to theAudiosection and choose your AirPods from the drop-down menu. Press the Connect button when the prompt appears. Your AirPods should now be operational.
It’s also possible to follow these identical methods to detach your AirPods from your PC if you wish to use them with an iPhone, iPad, or Mac that you’ve already linked with your computer.
It’s important to remember that you’ll need to manually link your AirPods to your other Bluetooth-enabled devices while your AirPods are still associated with your Windows PC. PCWorld Take note that you may need to scroll down a little more in order to see the Audio portion of the website.
How to unpair your AirPods from your Windows 10 PC
The process of permanently unpairing your AirPods is quite similar to the process of reconnecting them, with one exception: there is no need to remove them from your ears.
- Open the Settings application and choose Devices. Scroll down to the Audio section and choose your AirPods from the drop-down menu. Remove the device from the list that appears in the pop-up window.
Please keep in mind that if you make a purchase after clicking on links in our articles, we may receive a small fee. For additional information, please see our affiliate link policy. Leif is a technology journalist residing in San Francisco. He is a huge lover of fantasy role-playing games, and you can find his prior work on IGN, Rolling Stone, VICE, PC Gamer, Playboy, Mac|Life, TechRadar, and a slew of other websites and magazines.
How to Pair and Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 PC
- Select All settingsDevicesBluetoothother devicesfrom the Action Center and follow the on-screen directions to pair your Airpods. As soon as the pairing procedure starts, press and hold the circular button on the charging case until the process is complete.
This article covers how to connect AirPods to a computer that is not an Apple computer via Bluetooth, as well as what to do if synchronization is not working properly.
How to Pair Your AirPods to Windows 10 Computers
The instructions in this article are applicable to any Apple AirPods and Windows PCs that have wireless capability, regardless of model. AirPods may also be used in conjunction with Surface devices. For Windows computers, connecting Apple AirPods is the same as attaching any other Bluetooth speaker or headphones: follow these steps.
- The Windows Action Center will appear when you click on theAction Centericon in the bottom-right corner of the Windows taskbar. In the Windows Action Center, click on theAll settingsoption. While the Action Center is open, double-check to see if Bluetooth is turned on and working properly. In order for Bluetooth to function, the Bluetoothtile should be highlighted
- If not, choose the tile to activate it. Devices may be found in the Windows Settings. Select theBluetoothother devicestab on the left-hand side of the screen, then select Add Bluetooth or other devices from the drop-down menu. Bluetooth should be selected in theAdd a device window. Your Apple AirPods should display in the list as AirPods if you have them connected. To begin the pairing procedure, selectAirPods from the list. The cover of your AirPods charging case may need to be opened if your AirPods aren’t appearing. While the lid of the Apple AirPod charging case is open, press the circlebutton on the rear of the case to unlock it. The light on the charging case should shift from green to white as it charges. Ensure that you keep pushing the sync button firmly until the pairing is complete. Alternatively, if you see an error notice, click the sync button on the charging case before selecting the AirPods from the Bluetooth device list on your smartphone or tablet. Apple
- If everything is working well, you should get the message “Your device is ready to go!” Close the message by selecting Done.
How Can AirPods Connect to a Windows PC?
To access the Windows Action Center, click on theAction Centericon in the bottom-right corner of the Windows taskbar. In the Windows Action Center, click on All settings. While the Action Center is open, double-check to see if Bluetooth is turned on and functioning properly. In order for Bluetooth to function, the Bluetoothtile must be highlighted; if not, choose the tile to activate it. The Devices option may be found in the Windows Settings menu; Add Bluetooth or other devices may be added by selecting theBluetoothother devicestab on the left-hand side of the screen.
- You should see your Apple AirPods listed as AirPods on the device list.
- The lid of your AirPods charging case may need to be opened if your AirPods aren’t appearing; The Apple AirPod charging case lid should be open when you press the circular button on the back of it.
- Ensure that you keep pushing the sync button firmly until the pairing is successful.
- Apple; The message “Your gadget is ready to go!” should appear if everything was done successfully.
How to Fix Windows 10 Apple AirPod Sync Problems
The following solutions should be tried if your Apple AirPods are not working on your Windows PC:
- Bluetooth should be turned off on all other devices. In the event that your AirPods have been associated with your iPhone, it is possible that this will interfere with your connection to your PC
- Thus, consider temporarily turning off Bluetooth on other devices. Remove the cover from the charging case. When the charging case’s lid is opened and the light on the charging case turns green, Apple AirPods are able to connect to devices. Opening it for a few seconds before removing the AirPods and inserting them in your ears may be beneficial.
If you are still experiencing difficulties, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Begin by opening an application such as Spotify on your Windows 10 computer and playing some music
- Replacing your Apple AirPods in their charging case and closing the lid for a few seconds should be sufficient. Submitted by Seremin / Getty Images
- Select All settings from the Action Center when it is opened. Devices may be found in the Windows Settings. Check to see if your AirPods are listed among the linked devices. Remove the AirPods from the charging case and insert one in each ear. Close the charging case lid. courtesy of John Edelson / Getty Images
- In the device list, pick AirPods, and then select Connect. The AirPods should have been successfully connected, and the audio should have been playing via them. Even if your Apple AirPods are still not producing sound, you may try opening All settingsDevices, selectingRemove DeviceunderAirPods, and then repeating the pairing process.
Thank you for informing us about this!
How to connect AirPods to a laptop or PC
Congratulations on notifying us!
- Make a note of the Bluetooth settings on your computer
- Remove your AirPods from their case. Holding the back button on the AirPods will put them into Pairing Mode. Connect your AirPods to your computer.
How to connect AirPods to a laptop or PC
You may connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer via Bluetooth, just like you would with any other Bluetooth device.
However, you must first manually set the AirPods into pairing mode on your Windows 10 laptop or desktop computer. However, while the AirPods are compatible with any Bluetooth device, Apple’s smooth pairing method is exclusive to its own products.
- Locate and choose Bluetooth and other device settings from the search results that appear in the Windows 10 Search bar after searching for Bluetooth in the search bar. When you open the Windows Settings app, you should be directed to the Bluetooth and other devices menu. Do not remove your AirPods until the cover of your AirPods has been fully opened. To begin pairing mode, press and hold the button on the back of the AirPods case until the LED flashes white
- Then release the button. On your laptop or PC, select Add Bluetooth or other device from the drop-down menu. Bluetooth should be selected from the Add a device window. Choose your AirPods from the list of devices that are currently available. If everything has gone smoothly, you will receive a confirmation message. To close the window and begin using your AirPods, press the Done button.
Why can’t I hear anything through my AirPods?
When you connect your Apple AirPods to your computer, your audio output should be instantly switched to the wireless buds, however this does not always happen automatically. A simple solution is available if you discover that your computer’s audio is still being routed through your speakers.
- Open sound settings by selecting Open sound settings from the context menu of the Sound icon in the toolbar in the bottom-right corner of your display. Then, under the Sound settings menu, pick the dropdown arrow next to Output and choose your AirPods.
If your audio is still not switching, try closing and restarting the application that is creating the audio. Some Windows applications’ outputs are not updated until the application is relaunched; this is true of some games, music applications, and even browsers. Although it is a Windows 10 nuisance, there is a simple workaround available.
Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting?
Bluetooth communication is really convenient, but it is not without flaws, and as a result, your AirPods may become disconnected from your phone from time to time. Putting your AirPods back into their case and shutting the lid for a few seconds is a simple method to re-sync them. When you put them back in, they should automatically re-sync with each other and with your PC; however, if this does not occur, you may need to manually reconnect using the Bluetooth devices menu. If you notice that your AirPods are disconnecting on a regular basis, it may be due to the number of Bluetooth devices that are linked to your computer or laptop.
It would be easy to resolve this issue by disconnecting any Bluetooth devices that are not presently in use and replacing them with wired (or 2.4GHz-enabled wireless) peripherals.
Do AirPods Pro and AirPods Max work on PC?
Yes, much like normal AirPods, AirPods Pro and AirPods Max are compatible with Windows 10 computers, and they have support for transparency and active noise cancellation (ANC). Connecting AirPods Pro is very comparable to pairing ordinary AirPods, however when it comes to the over-ear AirPods Max, you’ll need to hold down the noise control button for a few seconds before pairing mode will be activated.
Are AirPods good for PC gaming?
Despite the fact that the notion of utilizing Apple’s in-ear buds for PC gaming is appealing, the truth is that there is too much audio delay while doing so. The result will be that gunshots and other noises will be out of rhythm with what’s occurring on the screen, which will make a significant impact to the whole game experience. Instead, you’ll need the EPOS GTW 270 Hybrid wireless buds, which include a low-latency USB-C adapter that’s designed exclusively for wireless gaming performance.
- The best true wireless earbuds
- The best noise-cancelling headphones
- The best Bluetooth headphones
- Latest rumors about the AirPods 3
- Latest rumors about the AirPods Pro 2
Author: Lewis Painter, Senior Staff Writer
Lewis, our in-house Apple expert, covers everything from the iPhone to the AirPods, as well as a variety of smartphones, tablets, laptops, and gaming devices, among other things. He’s also a regular contributor to the Tech Advisor YouTube channel.
How to Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 Laptop
Do you want to link your Apple AirPods to your Windows 10 computer? It’s quite simple and quick. Here’s how to do it. Your AirPods rely on Bluetooth to communicate with one another. As a result, if you happen to have a Windows 10 laptop lying around, connecting them should be a piece of cake. In contrast to the iPhone and Mac, you will not be able to use Siri or other AirPods-related personalization settings on your Android device.
However, you may use them in the same way that you would use any other set of Bluetooth earbuds or headphones. Consider the steps necessary to connect your Apple AirPods (or Apple AirPods Pro or Apple AirPods Max) to a laptop running Windows 10.
Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 Laptop
By configuring your AirPods as a Bluetooth device on your Windows 10 laptop, you can instantly connect them to your computer. Before you begin, place your AirPods or AirPods Pro in their charging case to prevent them from being damaged.
- Open the Startmenu and selectSettings
- Then selectDevices
- Then click OK. Select the Add Bluetooth or other device option from the drop-down menu. SelectBluetooth
- Open the AirPods’ charging case and press and hold theSetupbutton for a few seconds to get started. Instead, on the AirPods Max, press and hold theNoise Controlbutton for many seconds. Continue to hold the button until the status indicator turns white
- Choose your AirPods from the list of Bluetooth devices that appears after selecting them. ClickDone
Use AirPods on a Windows 10 Laptop
Once you’ve completed connecting your AirPods to your Windows 10 laptop, you’ll be able to use them to start listening to music immediately. If you need to switch between the AirPods and any other audio output devices, you may do so by selecting theVolumeicon from the system tray. Although you won’t be able to personalize the gestures on your AirPods in Windows 10, you should be able to do a double-tap on the first and second-generation AirPods to play and pause songs. In the case of the AirPods Pro, you may squeeze them to switch between Transparency Mode and Active Noise Cancellation mode.
When it comes to microphone compatibility with the AirPods on Windows 10, however, results are generally hit or miss.
If they are unable to assist you, you will be forced to utilize either the internal microphone on your laptop or an external microphone.
They should automatically reconnect as soon as you pull them out of the bag again.
Change Your AirPods Name on a Windows 10 Laptop
Assuming that you’ve previously used the AirPods on an iPhone or a Mac, when you attach them to your Windows 10 laptop, they should appear with the defaultAirPodsmoniker. In Windows 10, you have the option to modify this to whatever you like. Your modifications, on the other hand, will not be carried over to an iPhone or a Mac.
- To enter the Run dialog box, press the Windows key and R at the same time. Then, typecontrol printers and press the OK button. Right-click your AirPods and selectProperties from the drop-down menu. Navigate to theBluetooth tab. Modify or modify the name of the AirPods
- In order for the adjustments to take effect, place your AirPods in the Charging Case or Smart Case and then remove them again
AirPods on Windows: Ready to Go
When using a set of AirPods with a Windows 10 laptop, you can have a reasonably good listening experience. Everything should be alright as long as you are prepared to cope with any microphone-related complications. After that, how about figuring out how to pair your Apple AirPods with your Android smartphone? Yes, AirPods are compatible with Android devices: However, there is a catch! Do Apple’s AirPods work with Android devices? We demonstrate how to utilize your AirPods on Samsung and Android devices, as well as explore the advantages and disadvantages of doing so.
Dilum Senevirathne is a Buddhist monk who lives in Sri Lanka (34 Articles Published) A freelance tech writer and blogger, Dilum Senevirathne has more than three years of experience writing for and blogging for several online technology magazines.
Aside from iOS and iPadOS, he also has expertise with Windows and Google online applications, as well as Android. Dilum has earned an Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting from the CIMA and the AICPA, among other certifications. Dilum Senevirathne has more to say.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive tech tips, reviews, free ebooks, and special offers! To become a subscriber, please visit this page.
How to connect AirPods to a Windows 10 PC
Muma Okgo’s Shutterstock.com photo was used in this illustration. You might be interested in learning how to connect your Apple AirPods to a Windows 10 computer or laptop. This is especially true now that Windows 10 has finally incorporated greater support for the widely used Apple AirPods, and because Windows 11 is anticipated to use the same support and mechanism as Windows 10. While AirPods have been able to connect to Windows 10 PCs for some time now, this upgrade should result in an improvement in the audio quality of the devices’ audio.
This is due to the fact that AAC is capable of delivering high-quality audio while using fewer file sizes, which makes it an excellent choice for those of you music streaming enthusiasts.
- Is it time for the AirPods 3? If demand for AirPods is genuinely decreasing, it is. How to restore the factory settings of AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max
- Skullcandy’s low-cost wireless earbuds are a good alternative to Apple’s AirPods.
Knowing how to connect your Airpods to your Windows PC will come in useful sooner or later, regardless of whether you’ve recently made the jump from the macOS environment or are simply enjoying the best of both worlds. Allow us to serve as your guide.
How to connect Apple AirPods to a Windows 10 PC
Regardless of whether you have the most recent Windows 10 Insider Preview build or not, you may connect yourApple AirPods or Apple AirPods Proto to your PC at this time. It’s the same process as attaching practically any other Bluetooth device, but we’ll walk you through the process just in case you need a refresher course.
- To begin, open the Settings app in Windows 10
- Then, click on the Start button. Following that, go to DevicesBluetoothother devices
- Turn on Bluetooth by selecting it from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. Select ‘Add Bluetooth or other device’ and then Bluetooth from the drop-down menu. Open the lid of your AirPods case and press and hold the button on the back of the case until the charging light begins to pulsate white
- Then close the lid. Eventually, your PC should recognize them (they may initially be identified as Headphones until the name you’ve assigned to the AirPods is loaded in)
After you’ve completed the steps above, you should be able to enjoy enhanced Bluetooth audio through your Apple AirPods.
- These are the most affordable AirPods bargains and offers available right now
Hamish works as a Staff Writer for TechRadar, having previously worked for the site as well as for Gfinity Esports as a freelance journalist. He has been writing about technology and gaming for a number of years, and he now uses his expertise to cover news and reviews across a wide range of topics on TechRadar’s website (from Computing to Audio to Gaming and the rest). You’ll most often find Hamish singing show songs while constructing Lego structures or playing D D with his friends in his spare time.
How to Connect AirPods to Your Windows PC the Right Way
In addition to his prior work as a freelance writer for TechRadar and Gfinity Esports, Hamish is now a TechRadar Staff Writer as well. In addition to his years of expertise writing about technology and gaming, David now uses his knowledge to cover news and reviews across a wide range of topics for TechRadar (from Computing to Audio to Gaming and the rest). He spends his spare time constructing Lego and playing D D with his friends, while humming show songs in the background.
Can You Connect Apple AirPods With a Windows Laptop or PC?
Yes, it is possible to link your AirPods to your Windows PC! Despite the fact that AirPods are meant to interact with Apple devices, they function in the same way as any other true wireless headphones. This implies that you can use Bluetooth to connect your AirPods to any Windows 10 device. Please keep in mind that when your AirPods are linked to a device that is not an Apple device, some functionality may be lost. One of these features is the automated pairing function. When you remove your AirPods from their case, they will instantly connect to any Apple devices that are registered to your Apple ID.
In order to utilize your Airpods on your PC, you must complete a few more procedures.
Pro tip: Before you attempt to connect your AirPods with your PC, be sure that the Bluetooth driver on your computer has been updated. Drivers that are out of current can cause incompatibility, which can result in a variety of connectivity issues.
How to Connect Your AirPods to a Windows 10 Laptop or PC
If your Windows PC is equipped with Bluetooth, connecting the AirPods will be a breeze. It is possible to accomplish this by following the methods outlined below:
- Place your AirPods in their case with the lid closed to ensure that they are fully charged before using them. Putting the AirPods back into their case
- When the battery level is greater than 20%, hold down the setup button on the back of the case for a lengthy period of time until the LED begins to flash. This indicates that it is in the pairing mode. Modern AirPods Pro versions have a light located on the front of the case, rather than the back. The light for the first-generation AirPods may be found within the case itself. Enable the pairing mode for your AirPods. Open the ‘Settings’ option from the Windows start menu, which is located in the bottom left corner of the screen, on your computer. Navigating to the ‘Windows Settings’ menu and selecting ‘Devices’. The ‘Devices’ icon has been selected. Select ‘Bluetoothother devices’ from the drop-down menu on the left sidebar and confirm that Bluetooth is turned on. Then, at the top of the tab, click on the + symbol to the right of the text that says: Add Bluetooth or other devices. Including Bluetooth-enabled gadgets
- This will take you to the ‘Add a device’ section of the interface. It will display a list of Bluetooth devices that are within range of the computer. To pair your AirPods with your PC, go to the ‘Add a device’ option and choose them from the list. Choosing your AirPods from the drop-down menu
- You will then receive a notice stating that your AirPods have been successfully linked after clicking the ‘Done’ button. You may then take your AirPods from their case and use them as you choose when you have completed the connection
If you’re still experiencing difficulties connecting, check out our dedicated tutorial on why your AirPods aren’t working properly.
How to Disconnect Your AirPods From Your Windows 10 Laptop or PC
As previously stated, AirPods work in the same way that any other Bluetooth device does. As a result, the procedure of removing them from your computer is not difficult. To accomplish this, follow the procedures outlined below:
- Then return to the Windows start menu and select the ‘Devices’ option
- This will take you back to the previous screen. Choose the ‘Bluetoothother devices’ option from the drop-down menu. Your AirPods’ name will appear on the right side of the screen under the heading ‘Audio.’ Locate your AirPods by selecting Audio device from the drop-down menu. Select the AirPods from the list and press the ‘Remove device’ button to remove them. Choose ‘Remove device’ from the drop-down menu
- Confirm your choices by clicking ‘Yes’ to eliminate the device.
What You’ll Enjoy When You Use AirPods With Windows PC
Return to the ‘Settings’ menu from the Windows start menu and select the ‘Devices’ option. ‘Bluetoothother devices’ should be selected. Under ‘Audio’ on the right side of the screen, you will find the name of your AirPods. Pick Audio devices from the drop-down menu and select your AirPods from there; Click on ‘Remove device’ when you have finished selecting the AirPods. Choose ‘Delete device’ from the drop-down menu; confirm your choices by clicking ‘Yes’ to remove the device.
Active noise cancellation (ANC)
Apple’s AirPods Pro are equipped with the most advanced noise-canceling technology available today. They help you concentrate on what you’re listening to by blocking out the noise in your surrounding environment. It retains its functionality even when linked to a Windows laptop or computer. By pushing the force sensor on the stem, you may also switch to transparency mode, which allows a little amount of background noise to pass through. While listening to music, you are able to concentrate on your surroundings because of this.
Functional audio controls
When linked to non-Apple devices, AirPods retain their fundamental functions, which include the ability to stop, play, and skip music tracks, among other things. Manually activating the force sensor, on the other hand, is required — either once or twice, depending on the type of AirPods you have.
Although they are not linked to your Windows PC, AirPods provide a high-quality sound experience that is superior to that provided by the majority of standard wireless earbuds. Clarity, soundstage, bass extension, and treble extension are all sufficient to provide a concert-like rendition of virtually any musical genre.
Drawbacks of Using AirPods With Windows Laptop or PC
If you use AirPods while connected to your Windows PC, the sound quality is far superior to what you would receive from most other wireless earbuds on the market today. Clarity, soundstage, bass extension, and treble extension are all sufficient to provide a concert-like representation of virtually any musical genre.
Automatic ear detection
It is possible to detect when one of the earbuds is withdrawn from your ear using sensors included into AirPods, which are incorporated into the device. In this instance, the music will be paused automatically by the automated ear detection mechanism.
If both AirPods are removed from the user’s ears, the playback will switch to the speakers of the audio source. The functionality of your AirPods will be lost when they are linked to a Windows PC. Even if you are not wearing the AirPods, the music will continue to play in the background.
Single AirPod listening
When linked to an Apple device, each AirPod operates independently of the other. This allows the user to leave one AirPod in their ear while the other is in the charging case, allowing them to make hands-free calls. Unfortunately, when linked to a Windows PC, this feature is no longer available. The AirPods connect to one another in the same way that normal Bluetooth earphones do. Consequently, you will be unable to charge one Airpod while the other is connected to the computer.
Automatic device switch
Once you pair your AirPods with one of your Apple devices, the AirPods are instantly added to the list of all of your other devices that are signed in with your Apple ID. This implies that you will be able to switch between Apple devices even if you are using headphones. Unfortunately, Windows users will not be able to take advantage of this feature. This is due to the fact that the AirPods are reduced to regular Bluetooth devices, which means that you must reconnect with each and every device you use.
When you unplug your AirPods from your Apple iPhone and attach them to a Windows PC, Siri will be instantly turned off on your Apple device. Sending messages or making phone calls will be impossible to request from this digital assistant.
Battery life check
Most of the time, Windows 10 can display an estimated figure for the battery level of a connected headset. Next to the device name will be a value that has been assigned to the device. Unfortunately, the battery level of your AirPods will not be shown on your PC. This is true unless you use a third-party software, like as Microsoft’s MagicPods, to check the battery’s charge state on your device. If you want to get the most out of your AirPods experience, you might consider downloading the MagicPods app on your Windows 10 PC.
The process of connecting your Apple AirPods to your Windows PC is basic, as you can see here. You can now use the same set of AirPods for both your iOS and Windows devices without having to worry about the sound quality being compromised in any way. If your AirPods continue to disconnect from your Windows laptop despite the fact that you have followed the right pairing procedure, you should try diagnosing the problem by following a thorough instruction on why your AirPods keep disconnecting from your Windows laptop.
Are there any actions you believe we should have taken?
How to pair Apple AirPods with a Windows PC
Despite the fact that Apple’s AirPods are intended for use with other Apple products, this does not exclude you from using them with your Windows PC. Pairing AirPods with a PC isn’t very straightforward at first because you have to use the charging case in conjunction with the AirPods, but once you get the hang of it, it’s simple.
Products used in this guide
- The most recent generation of AirPods for your earholes: Apple AirPods Pro (from $234 on Amazon)
- Apple AirPods (from $234 on Amazon)
- Apple AirPods (starting at $139 on Amazon) are a more inexpensive option.
How to pair AirPods with a Windows device
Simple procedures must be followed in order to pair and connect a fresh set of Apple AirPods with your computer: 1.
- Incorporate the AirPods into their charging case and ensure that they are fully charged before continuing. To charge your AirPods, open the lid of your charging case (but do not take them out of the case). Using your finger, press and hold the circular button on the back of the charging case for a couple of seconds, or until the white light inside the case blinks
- Start by clicking on the Bluetooth icon in your system tray, which is located all of the way to the right of your taskbar, or by searching for “Bluetooth” in your taskbar search box and clicking on the”Bluetooth and other devices settings” option that displays when you do so. Windows Central is the source of this information. To add Bluetooth or other devices, go to the top of the settings page and select “Add Bluetooth or other devices.” On the next “Add a device” page, select Bluetooth from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. Windows Central is the source of this information. To access the AirPods, choose them from the list of discoverable devices. Windows Central is the source of this information. Once your AirPods and PC have been successfully paired and linked, you should get a connection confirmation screen within a few seconds.
- Keep in mind that if you receive a connection issue, you should close your AirPods case as well as your PC’s Bluetooth settings and restart the process described above
- Windows Central is the source of this information. Remove the AirPods from their carrying case. Simply insert them into your ears and you’re ready to go
In the same way that connecting any other Bluetooth device to a PC is simple, connecting AirPods is simple. Put your AirPods back in their charging case and close the top when you’re ready to remove them from your device.
How to reconnect paired AirPods and a Windows PC
Every time you remove your AirPods from their charging case, they should automatically connect to your computer after a few seconds of inactivity. You may quickly rejoin them if for some reason they are unable to do so by following these simple steps:
- Start by clicking on the Bluetooth icon in your system tray, which is located all of the way to the right of your taskbar, or by searching for “Bluetooth” in your taskbar search box and clicking on the”Bluetooth and other devices settings” option that displays when you do so. Windows Central is the source of this information. Scroll down to the Audio section of the “Bluetooth and other devices” list and choose the AirPods item from the drop-down menu. Windows Central is the source of this information. Connect your AirPods to your PC by clicking the Connect button. If you’re wearing your AirPods, you’ll receive an audio confirmation, and the “Connected voice, music” message will appear beneath the AirPods listing in your Bluetooth settings screen. Windows Central is the source of this information.
If, for some reason, your AirPods still won’t connect, put them back in their case, exit your Windows Bluetooth settings, and repeat the procedure described above. For those who continue to have troubles with pairing, repeat the process, but on Step 3 select “remove” to unpair your AirPods and then start over with the pairing method described above.
Our top equipment picks
Simply having some AirPods and a Windows computer is all that’s required to link the two devices.
Apple’s top-of-the-line wireless earbuds Apple’s AirPods are probably best used in conjunction with iOS devices, or at the very least with other Apple PCs. However, because they use Bluetooth to connect wirelessly to electronic equipment, they are compatible with a wide range of devices, including Windows PCs, Android phones, and other mobile devices. They’re also simple to pair with and connect to, and they are the greatest earbuds Apple has to offer right now.
Older but still well worth a look
Everything but the “Pro” is excellent. For a pair of Apple’s AirPods, you are not need to purchase the company’s Pro model or to pay upwards of $200. However, you will not benefit from the active noise cancellation or sweat and water resistance of the AirPods Pro, but you will benefit from slightly longer battery life. These ‘buds are still a respectable alternative. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission.
How do I pair my Apple airpods with my windows 10 hp laptop? It is not showing me an option to pair through bluetooth.
Greetings, LauriliEllis-Jones. Hello, my name is Jeremy and I work as a Windows Independent Adviser. I’ll be more than pleased to assist you today. Let’s see what I can come up with. I understand your dissatisfaction in that situation, and I apologize for any trouble this may have caused. You may be confident that I will do all in my power to assist you. Hello there, LauriliEllis-Jones. I have discovered a step-by-step technique from another topic, which was uploaded by one of the users from that community.
” Okay, so it appears that a large number of people are experiencing difficulties with this, which is partly due to the fact that Windows is tough to connect to Bluetooth devices, whereas AirPods is difficult to connect to non-Apple devices.
To pair the AirPods, switch off Bluetooth on both your Windows 10 device and your iPhone or any other device that will try to connect to the AirPods before starting the pairing process.
Then, with AirPods in your ears, press and hold the sync button.
To pair the AirPods, simply click on them.
That’s the most difficult portion, yet it’s only necessary to do it once.
– Enable Bluetooth functionality in Windows.
– Give it a second to establish a connection.
– Continue to rinse and repeat until it is effective.
Please let me know if this is successful for you.
The material on the page appears to be true and safe to access.
Before you decide to download and install any product mentioned on the site, make sure you thoroughly investigate it.
Sorry if this wasn’t of assistance.
Thank you for taking the time to provide comments. What level of satisfaction do you have with this response? Thank you for your feedback; it allows us to make improvements to the site. What level of satisfaction do you have with this response? Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.