- 1 How to connect a PS4 controller to Windows 10
- 2 How do I connect my PS4 controller to my PC?
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How to Use the PlayStation 4’s DualShock 4 Controller for PC Gaming
- 5 How to Connect a PS4 Controller to a PC
- 6 How to Emulate a Steam Controller With a PS4 Controller
- 7 How to Emulate an Xbox Controller With a PS4 Controller
- 8 How to use the PS4 DualShock 4 controller on a PC
- 9 How to use the PS4 DualShock controller in Steam
- 10 How to use the PS4 controller on PC
- 11 1. Download DS4Windows
- 12 2. Install DS4Windows
- 13 3. Set up DS4Windows
- 14 4. Connect the PS4 controller to your PC via USB
- 15 5. Connect the PS4 controller to your PC via Bluetooth
- 16 Senior Computing editor
- 17 How to connect a PS4 controller to your PC via a USB cable or Bluetooth
- 18 How to connect PS4 controller to PC with a USB
- 19 How to connect PS4 controller to PC with Bluetooth
- 20 How to reconnect controller to PS4 console
- 21 How to use a DualShock 4 PS4 controller on PC
- 22 Setup
- 23 Working with Steam
- 24 Installing DS4Windows
- 25 Connect via Bluetooth
- 26 How to connect your PS4 controller via Bluetooth
- 27 How to use PS4 controller on PC – 3 simple steps
- 28 Step 1: Connect your PS4 Controller via USB or Bluetooth
- 29 Step 2: Install an Xbox 360 controller driver (if on Windows 7 or below)
- 30 Step 3: Use a third-party Xbox controller emulator
- 31 Pair DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller with PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices
- 31.0.1 DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller Bluetooth compatible devices
- 31.0.2 Step 1: turn on DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller pairing mode
- 31.0.3 Step 2: connect DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth
- 31.0.4 DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller compatible games and applications
- 31.0.5 Reconnect DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller to your console
- 31.0.6 Need more help with your DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller?
- 31.1 Need help?
- 32 Control your PS4 console from a Windows PC
- 33 Install the app
- 34 Set up your PS4 console
- 35 Start Remote Play
- 36 Remote Play controls
- 37 Quit Remote Play
- 38 How to Connect a PS4 Controller to a PC
- 39 How to connect the DualShock 4 with Steam
- 40 How to connect a DualShock 4 using DS4Windows
- 41 How to customize your setup
- 42 Troubleshooting
- 43 How to connect with a Sony wireless adapter
How to connect a PS4 controller to Windows 10
- One of the most enjoyable aspects of gaming on a computer is the wide range of peripherals available. If you’re a lover of the PlayStation controller and want to use it on a Windows 10 PC, you’ll be pleased to know that you can now do so with relative ease, both connected and wireless
- Are you looking to improve your game by switching from a mouse and keyboard to a controller? Check out our Gaming Controllers Hub for more information. Visit our Tech Tutorials section for even more easy-to-digest guides, fixes, and suggestions.
By clicking on the downloaded file, you may install it. If you are a console player, such as a PlayStation 4 owner, you will probably find that using a controller to play video games on Windows 10 seems more natural to you. The following guide will walk you through the process of connecting your PlayStation 4 controller to Windows 10. Another little tip is that you need also know how to connect your PS3 controller to Windows 10.
How do I connect my PS4 controller to my PC?
Since of the most recent upgrades to Windows 10, connecting your wired PlayStation 4 controller to your computer is really simple, as the DS4 controller is now supported natively by the operating system. All you’ll have to do is plug it in, and Windows will take care of the rest, including installing the driver and configuring everything for you.
2. Wirelessly connect your DualShock Controller to your Windows 10 computer
- Bluetooth should be enabled on your Windows 10 computer. Start by turning on the DualShock controller. In order to use the controller, press the PlayStation + Sharebuttons together on the controller and wait for the controller’s light to begin flashing. Open the Windows settingsDevices dialog box. Bluetooth and other similar devices Connect a Bluetooth or other wireless device
- Wait for Windows to complete the installation of your
3. Use DS4Windows
Although you’ll have to rely on third-party solutions in order to connect your PlayStation 4 controller to your Windows 10 computer, the procedure itself isn’t quite as difficult as it appears. In order to connect a PlayStation 4 controller to Windows 10, you must first do the following steps:
- After you’ve downloaded and extracted the.zip file, launch the DS4Windows.exe program. When DS4Windows begins to run, select Step 1: Setup. Install the DS4 Driver on your computer. After the driver has been successfully installed, click onFinish. Open the Settings app and selectDevicesBluetooth from the drop-down menu. Bluetooth should be enabled. Keep pressing and holding the PSandSharebuttons on your PS4 controller until the light begins to blink. Wireless Controller should be shown in the Bluetooth settings. Choose Pair from the drop-down menu. Re-open the DS4Windows program once again. Your PlayStation 4 controller should be properly connected at this point. Reduce the size of DS4Windows and begin playing
Please refer to the following quick tutorial for assistance if you are having difficulties using the Settings app. Also, if your PC is unable to detect any Bluetooth devices, you may wish to go to this page for assistance. Follow these procedures to switch off or detach the PlayStation 4 controller from Windows 10:
- The following brief instruction will assist you in resolving any issues you are having with the Settings app. Also, if your PC is unable to detect any Bluetooth devices, you may wish to go to this page for more information. These are the procedures to take in order to switch off or detach the PS4 controller from Windows 10.
Note that you may also connect your controller using a tiny USB connection by following the same instructions as described above for the USB cable. If you want to connect your PS4 controller to your PC through the USB cord, there is no need to utilize Bluetooth or link your PS4 controller with your PC. Simply download and install the DS4Windows driver, launch the DS4Windows application, and connect your controller via USB connection.
4. Download and install InputMapper software
InputMapper is yet another third-party solution that allows you to utilize a PlayStation 4 controller on a Windows 10 computer. These are the steps to take in order to configure your controller using InputMapper.
- Install InputMapper and connect your PS4 controller to your computer through a USB connection or by Bluetooth pairing. To link your Windows 10 PC with a PlayStation 4 controller through Bluetooth, first switch on Bluetooth on your PC and then hold down the PS and Share buttons on the controller for a few seconds. Afterwards, launch InputMapper, and your controller should be identified and ready to be utilized.
We must point you that certain games may have a few difficulties, in which case you will need to adjust a few settings in InputMapper in order to resolve the issues in question. A PlayStation 4 controller can be easily connected to a Windows 10 computer, and if you want to connect your PlayStation 4 controller to a PC, be sure to check out some of our alternatives below. In the comments area below, please ask any questions you may have regarding connecting your PlayStation controller to a Windows 10 PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best way to connect my PS4 controller to my PC without using a wire? If you wish to wirelessly connect your PlayStation 4 controller to your Windows 10 PC, you’ll need a laptop or PC that has Bluetooth capability installed. Steps to configure the controller are given in the preceding section. What is the best way to utilize DS4Windows wired? What is the best way to link my PS4 controller to my PC without using Bluetooth? If your Windows 10 device does not have Bluetooth capability, your only other choice will be to connect the PS4 controller through cable connection. Additionally, a Bluetooth dongle may be purchased.
How to Use the PlayStation 4’s DualShock 4 Controller for PC Gaming
A typical gamepad, the DualShock 4 controller from Sony may be connected to any PC by a USB connection, Bluetooth, or the company’s approved wireless USB adaptor (sold separately). Due to the fact that Steam now officially supports DualShock 4 controllers, it will also operate in a wide range of titles, as well. In addition, after you’ve linked a PS4 controller to a PC, you may take use of the PS4 Remote Play service to stream games from your own PS4 system, or Sony’s PlayStation Now service to stream games from Sony’s servers.
If you’re looking to purchase a controller for PC gaming, you should definitely go for an Xbox controller instead. However, if you already have a PlayStation 4 controller laying around, here’s how to connect it to your computer and play games.
How to Connect a PS4 Controller to a PC
Sony’s DualShock 4 controller is basically a regular gamepad, and it can be connected to any PC through a USB connection, conventional Bluetooth, or Sony’s certified wireless USB adapter, among other methods. Because DualShock 4 controllers are now officially supported by Steam, it will operate in a wide range of titles, too. In addition, after you’ve linked a PS4 controller to a PC, you may take use of the PS4 Remote Play service to stream games from your own PS4 system, or Sony’sPlayStation Now service to stream games from Sony’s servers.
The Xbox controller is arguably the better choice if you’re purchasing a controller for PC gaming.
How to Emulate a Steam Controller With a PS4 Controller
The DualShock 4 controller for the PlayStation 4 has officially been certified by Valve as official support. Essentially, it will work in the same way as a Steam Controller, with support for the touchpad and other capabilities of the controller included. Aside from supporting games that use the Steam Controller, you can also develop profiles to imitate keyboard and mouse events with the PS4 controller in a variety of games that do not officially support the controller. In other words, it functions in the same way as the Steam Controller.
In Big Picture Mode, navigate to SettingsController Settings and check the “PS4 Configuration Support” checkbox to enable the feature.
If you have any connected PS4 controllers, reconnect them and they will appear here.
For example, under Big Picture mode, you may choose a game and then click Manage GameController Configuration to customize how your PS4 controller responds when playing the game in question.
How to Emulate an Xbox Controller With a PS4 Controller
RELATED: Why You Should Consider Purchasing an Xbox Controller for Computer Gaming Controllers from the Xbox 360—and, now that Microsoft has finally published the required drivers, Xbox One controllers as well—are often the finest options for PC gaming. Many PC games are expressly built to function with Xbox controllers, and this is a growing trend. The “xinput” input, which Xbox controllers have, is also required by many games, but other types of controllers do not. If you’re using a PS4 controller in conjunction with an emulator to play older games, you can quickly setup the emulator to accept the controller’s button presses by following these instructions.
- However, in order to play games that need an Xbox controller, you may need to imitate xinput.
- They’ll believe you’re merely using an Xbox controller, which isn’t the case.
- However, these are unofficial, third-party programs developed by members of the gaming community to emulate xinput on a PS4.
- This program will also be useful in that it will display the battery level of your controller, which is something you would not typically be able to view on your computer.
- Start by selecting the controller-shaped “Profiles” icon on the left-hand side of the Input Mapper window, and then selecting “New Profile” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- There shouldn’t be any additional settings that need to be changed.
- Any in-game instructions that advise you to use the Xbox’s Y, B, A, and X buttons instead of the triangle, circle, square, and X buttons will still be there, but those buttons will perform the same functions as the Xbox’s corresponding buttons.
- By selecting the “Settings” icon located on the left-hand side of the software, you may instruct it to “Start With Windows” or “Start Minimized” when it starts.
- Besides that, InputMapper does a variety of other important tasks, such as enabling the “Trackpad as mouse” option, which enables you to utilize the controller’s trackpad as a mouse when running Windows.
- Before you can use your controller with your PlayStation 4, you’ll need to link it with your system once more.
- It’ll instantly couple with your console whenever you turn it on.
It’s a minor inconvenience, but it’s well worth it to be able to use your controller on different devices. Credits for the images go to Farley Santos on Flickr and Danny Willyrex at Wikipedia.
How to use the PS4 DualShock 4 controller on a PC
Did you know that you can use the DualShock 4 controller from the PlayStation 4 with a computer? Even if you’re a newcomer to PC gaming or you’ve never used a controller to play PC games before, you’ll immediately recognize the advantages of using an Xbox One or PlayStation 4 controller when playing on your gaming PC. There are several advantages to utilizing an Xbox One or PlayStation 4 controller. The use of a PS4 controller is more intuitive than using a keyboard and mouse, and depending on the keyboard that you have, there is less chance of pressing the wrong keys.
Even the most ardent of PC purists can’t argue against the utility of a controller, especially when it comes to games that require quick responses and quick movements.Since figuring out how to connect a PS4 DualShock 4 controller to PC is a pain-free process – you only need the controller itself, a Windows or Mac PC, and an available USB port (or your computer’s Bluetoot port) – we’ve put together a guide to help you get started.
Here’s an example of how to accomplish it.Please keep in mind that the audio jack on a gamepad is not presently supported, so you’ll need to either plug your headphones directly into your PC or use a set of wireless headphones.
- The following are the greatest PC controllers: Do you require a low-cost controller? Here are the top DualShock 4 bargains available right now:
How to use the PS4 DualShock controller in Steam
It has been announced that a new update to Steam, the popular shop and game launcher, will allow you to utilize the PS4 DualShock controller on your PC while running the application. It is simple for you to connect the Dualshock 4 controller to your PC and begin controlling your PC games. Steam’s TV-friendly Big Picture Mode can now be controlled with the DualShock 4, and your games will now display PS4 button prompts in-game when you use the DualShock 4. The DualShock 4 controller may be used with Steam on your PC.
Once the current version has been loaded, plug in your DualShock 4 controller (or connect through Bluetooth) and you’ll be ready to go!
How to use the PS4 controller on PC
DS4Windows is a program that allows you to customize your DualShock 4 on a PC.
1. Download DS4Windows
It is possible to use the DualShock 4 controller from the PlayStation 4 on your PC, but it is not exactly plug-and-play, as you will need to install an additional piece of software in order for it to operate on your computer. Connecting the PS4 controller to your PC is made exceedingly simple with the help of a piece of software known as DS4Windows. It essentially deceives your computer into believing that the attached DualShock 4 controller is an Xbox 360 controller, which is supported by Microsoft Windows.
Simply download the most recent build from the DS4Windows GitHub page and upload it to your computer’s hard drive. DS4Windows is a program that runs on Windows 10.
2. Install DS4Windows
Locate the downloaded Zip file and right-click on it, then pick ‘Extract All.’ from the context menu. A dialog will open, asking you where you wish to save the files after they have been extracted. You have the option of extracting them to the same place where you downloaded the zip file, or to a different folder. As soon as the files have been extracted, the target folder will be opened, and you will notice two files within. One of these, DS4Updater.exe, is a software that will keep the DS4Windows application up to date with the newest drivers, therefore it’s recommended running this file if you have any difficulties in the future with the program.
DS4Windows is responsible for installing the necessary drivers.
3. Set up DS4Windows
Then, right-click on the downloaded Zip file and select ‘Extract All.’ from the context menu. A dialog will open, asking you where you wish to save the files after they have been extracted from their original location. Either you extract them to the place where you obtained the zip file or you extract them to a different folder of your choosing Upon completion of the extraction process, the target folder will open with two files in it. It’s worthwhile to run the DS4Updater.exe file if you later have issues with the DS4Windows software since it will keep the DS4Windows program up to date with the newest drivers.
DS4Windows automatically installs the necessary drivers for your computer.
4. Connect the PS4 controller to your PC via USB
Locate the downloaded Zip file and, using the right-click menu, select ‘Extract All.’ A dialog will appear asking you where you wish to save the files after they have been extracted. You have the option of extracting them to the same place where you downloaded the zip file or to a different folder. Upon completion of the extraction process, the target folder will be shown with two files. It’s worthwhile to run the DS4Updater.exe file if you later have issues with the DS4Windows software since it will keep the DS4Windows program up to date with the most recent drivers.
DS4Windows automatically installs the necessary drivers.
5. Connect the PS4 controller to your PC via Bluetooth
Locate the downloaded Zip file, right-click on it, and pick ‘Extract All.’ from the context menu. A popup will pop up asking you where you wish to save the files after they have been extracted. You have the option of extracting the files to the same place where you downloaded the zip file, or to a different folder. Once the files have been extracted, the target folder will be opened, and you will be able to see two files. One of these, DS4Updater.exe, is a software that will maintain the DS4Windows application up to date with the newest drivers, so it’s recommended running this file if you have any difficulties in the future.
Double-click the second file, DS4Windows.exe, to begin the setup procedure that will allow you to use the PS4 Dualshock Controller with your PC. DS4Windows installs the necessary drivers.
- Locate the downloaded Zip file and right-click on it, then pick ‘Extract All.’ from the context menu. A dialog will open, asking you where you wish to save the files after they have been extracted. You have the option of extracting them to the same place where you downloaded the zip file, or to a different folder. As soon as the files have been extracted, the target folder will be opened, and you will notice two files within. One of these, DS4Updater.exe, is a software that will keep the DS4Windows application up to date with the newest drivers, therefore it’s recommended running this file if you have any difficulties in the future with the program. Double-click the second file, DS4Windows.exe, to launch the setup wizard, which will guide you through the process of getting the PS4 Dualshock Controller running on your computer. DS4Windows is responsible for installing the necessary drivers.
Senior Computing editor
Matt (@TechRadar) is a Senior Computing editor at TechRadar.com. In addition to having contributed to several magazines, including PC Plus, T3, and Linux Format, Matt has a strong interest in all aspects of technology, particularly computing and PC gaming, which he has written about extensively. If you’re having trouble with your computer or need some guidance, you may reach out to him via Twitter.
How to connect a PS4 controller to your PC via a USB cable or Bluetooth
- You may connect your PS4 controller to a PC through a micro-USB connection or wirelessly via Bluetooth
- Both options are available. With a USB cable, you may connect to your PC and use Steam or the DS4 Windows Utility to communicate. If your computer is equipped with Bluetooth, you may wirelessly pair and connect your controller. More stories may be found in Insider’s Tech Reference collection
- Click here.
If you prefer playing PC games using a PlayStation 4 controller, you’ll be pleased to hear that there are a variety of methods to connect your PS4 controller to your Windows 10 computer. Using a micro-USB cable, two of these techniques link your controller to your computer, and the third option pairs your controller with your computer wirelessly using Bluetooth. In this article, we’ll go over three alternative methods of connecting your PS4 controller to a PC and how to reconnect your PS4 controller to your PS4 console.
How to connect PS4 controller to PC with a USB
The DS4 Windows Utility or Steam are the two methods you may use to connect your PS4 controller to your computer via a micro-USB connection (the same cable you use to charge your controller).
Connect via Steam
If you’re a PC gamer, there’s a good chance you have a Steam account, which you can use to connect a PlayStation 4 controller to your computer. 1.Open the Steam client and select the Big Picture Modeicon in the top-right corner of the screen. It has the appearance of a square with two arrows pointing out. Big Picture Mode transforms Steam into a full-screen application when it is activated. Insider2 is a collaboration between William Antonelli and Insider2. When you’re in Big Picture Mode, click on the gear-shapedSettings icon at the top-right of the screen.
- Insider3 is a collaboration between William Antonelli and Insider3.
- Here you’ll also find other Steam options, such as display and audio controls, that you may use.
- PlayStation Configuration Support should be enabled by checking the box.
- Emma Witman5 is a young woman who lives in the United Kingdom.
- Check to see if the lighting on the controller is on, which indicates that a connection has been established.
- When it shows at the bottom of the page, simply click on it.
- Insider images courtesy of Jeremy Dreyfuss and Justin Gmoser
Connect via DS4 Windows Utility
This is another option if you wish to utilize your wired controller with a game that is not developed by Steam. 1.Open up a web browser on your computer and navigate to the DS4 Windows website. To download the file, click the Download Now button. 2.You will be routed to the Github website. Locate and double-click the DS4Windows.zip file to begin the download to your PC. Although the most recent version of this program was launched in 2016, it is still in use today. Emma Witman is a young woman who lives in the United Kingdom.
- Before running any files with the.zip extension, be sure they have been extracted.
- Pick a place where the files will be extracted to in step 4.
- 5.Once the file has been extracted, navigate to the place you specified and double-click DS4Windows.
- 6.You will be prompted to specify a location for saving the program’s contents.
- ChoosingProgram Folderand selecting a location will give you the ability to move the files around.
- If you are asked if you want to install the program, select Yes when the prompt appears.
Assuming you’re using a Windows 10 PC, choose the first option from the menu bar. Emma Witman is a young woman who lives in the United Kingdom. If you have a micro-USB cable, you may now connect your PS4 controller to your PC and play games, however you may need to restart your computer first.
How to connect PS4 controller to PC with Bluetooth
If your computer is Bluetooth-enabled, you can pair and connect your controller without having to plug anything in. 1.Go to your computer’s search menu (you can launch it instantly by pressing the Windows key + Q) and type in the word Bluetooth. Choosing Bluetooth and other devices settings from the search results page is step two. 3.Make certain that Bluetooth is enabled on your computer by turning on the button labeledBluetoothon the keyboard. Bluetooth connections must be enabled. Emma Witman is a young woman who lives in the United Kingdom.
- Keep the PlayStation and Share buttons pressed down.
- Choosing “Bluetooth” is the first and default choice; if that doesn’t work, choose “Everything else.” Emma Witman is a young woman who lives in the United Kingdom.
- You’ll notice your PS4 controller labeled as “Wireless Controller” when you open the menu.
- If you’re prompted for a passcode, type 0000 into the box.
- Emma Witman is a young woman who lives in the United Kingdom.
How to reconnect controller to PS4 console
A PS4 controller must be physically connected to the PS4 console through a USB cable after it has been used with a PC in order to be reconnected. Press the PS button on the controller after that. You may now disconnect your controller from your computer and use it wirelessly after you’ve completed these instructions. In New York, Abigail Abesamis Demarest works as a contributing writer for Insider, where she lives. The science of food and how it’s manufactured are two of her passions, and she enjoys a delicious glazed doughnut as much as the next person.
She has a particular interest in writing about hardware, PC gaming, politics, and personal finance.
When she is behind the bar, she may or may not make a judgment on your drink order.
How to use a DualShock 4 PS4 controller on PC
How to utilize a DualShock 4 PlayStation 4 controller on a computer (Photo courtesy of Sony) Using the DualShock 4 PlayStation 4 controller on a PC isn’t for everyone, and we understand why. In contrast to keyboard gamers, you have chosen to live the analog life rather than submitting to the complicated hand positioning required by a mouse. Even though there are a variety of alternatives available, one of the team’s favorite PC gaming controllers is the PlayStation 4 controller, not least because it feels amazing in your hands.
Unfortunately, because the DualShock 4 makes use of general DirectInput drivers rather than the XInput drivers that the Xbox controllers make use of, utilizing a PS4 controller on a PC isn’t nearly as straightforward as putting in an Xbox gamepad.
In fact, if you prefer Steam as your gaming platform of choice, integrated Steam integration makes it just as simple to use as an Xbox controller.
To begin, we’ll guide you through the process of connecting your PlayStation 4 controller to Steam. If you want to use your DualShock 4 to play titles that aren’t available on Steam, DS4Windows is the application for you.
- In addition to the Dualshock 4 PS4 controller, you’ll need a micro-USB cable and a Dualshock 4 USB wireless Bluetooth adapter (optional).
- Steam, Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5, Xbox 360 controller driver (only for Windows 7 users), and DS4Windows are all options.
Working with Steam
- Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5, Xbox 360 controller driver (only for Windows 7 users), and DS4Windows are all options.
Because of official Steam support, getting your PS4 controller to function in Steam is a cinch thanks to the little amount of setup required. Just make sure to pair or connect in your controller before launching Steam or any Steam games, otherwise your controller may not be detected by the software. If you experience any connection problems, simply closing and reopening Steam should resolve the problem. Otherwise, try connecting your computer to a USB 2.0 port rather than a USB 3.0 one. DualShock 4s have a strange way of acting.
- Open the General Controller Settings option under the Controller tab; your controller should be shown under Detected Controllers when you do so.
- (Image courtesy of Valve.) To rename or adjust the rumbling and illumination settings, choose Preferences from the main menu.
- One crucial tip: if you want to be able to customize your controller on a per-game basis, make sure that the check box next to PlayStation Configuration Support is selected.
- Additionally, you can setup your controller for Big Picture and Desktop usage from the Controller tab of the Settings menu.
- In order to use the Xbox 360 controller driver on Windows 7, you must first install the Microsoft.NET Framework. Connect the controller or Bluetooth dongle to the computer
- Download and extract the DS4Windows package. DS4Windows should be launched. In the Controllers tab, double-check the connection. Hide the DS4 controller in the Settings tab. Use Xinput Ports is set to one by default. Create or edit a profile, then remap it
In order to use the Xbox 360 controller driver with Windows 7, you must first install the Microsoft.NET Framework. Activate the controller or connect the Bluetooth dongle. Then, download and unzip DS4Windows Start DS4Windows and click on “Open.” In the Controllers tab, double-check your connection. Hide the DS4 controller from the Settings tab. Toggle on the option to use Xinput Ports; Remap a profile that has been edited or created.
Connect via Bluetooth
(Photo courtesy of Sony)
How to connect your PS4 controller via Bluetooth
- Hold down the Share and PS buttons on the controller until they flash. Continue to press the dongle button until it begins to blink
- Alternatively, you may add your controller to your PC’s Bluetooth menu. When two people are paired, this should happen automatically. If you don’t unplug the adapter, it will remember the last connection you made.
Hold down the Share and PS buttons on the controller until they begin to blink. Dongle button should be pressed repeatedly until it begins to flash Alternatively, you may add your controller to the Bluetooth menu on your computer. The pairing process should be automated. Remember, if you don’t disconnect the adapter, it will retain the last connection.
How to use PS4 controller on PC – 3 simple steps
Have you ever considered utilizing your PlayStation 4 controller on your Windows computer? Perhaps you’re under the impression that your controller was created particularly for Sony’s PlayStation 4 system and, as a result, it won’t operate on a Windows-based computer. However, the reality is that you can! Furthermore, the procedure of putting it up is really simple. In order to do this task, you need not need any significant computer skills. You’ll be able to utilize your PlayStation 4 controller to play your Windows games if you simply follow the three easy procedures shown below.
Step 1: Connect your PS4 Controller via USB or Bluetooth
Ever considered using your PlayStation 4 controller with your Windows PC? If so, read on. Your controller, you would reason, was created exclusively for Sony’s PlayStation 4 system and thus won’t operate on a Windows PC. But this isn’t necessarily the case. However, the reality is that you can do it!
Furthermore, the procedure of configuring it is really simple. No sophisticated computer knowledge is required to complete this task. You’ll be able to utilize your PS4 controller to play your Windows games if you simply follow the three easy procedures shown below.
Method 1: Connect your PS4 Controller via USB
When connecting your controller to your Windows PC, a micro-USB connection is the most straightforward option. There are certain advantages to doing so. There is no need for any more setting after it has been connected to your controller and your PC. Furthermore, the cord is simple to obtain – a standard micro-USB cable, such as the one found on most recent smartphones, would suffice. To connect your controller to your PC via a micro-USB connection, follow these steps: To begin, connect the smaller end of your micro-USB cable to the connection located on the front of the controller (below the light bar).
3)The cable connection has been successfully finished.
(If you are using Windows 10, skip to Step 3 and continue.)
Method 2: Connect your PS4 Controller via Bluetooth
It’s possible that you dislike cables. Cables are easily tangled. They have a tendency to cause confusion. You may also ask if it is possible to connect it without using a cable. Yes, you can use Bluetooth to link your controller to your computer. If your computer is equipped with the Bluetooth capability, you can link your controller with your computer without any additional software. However, if this is not the case, you will want an extra Bluetooth adapter in order for your computer to be able to interact with your controller.
- The DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adapter from Sony. Neither a third-party Bluetooth USB adapter nor an official PlayStation Bluetooth adapter will work with your PS4 controller
- Only the official PlayStation Bluetooth adapter will work. We propose that you use the Kinivo BTD-400. This is a less expensive alternative, but it is still capable of recognizing your PlayStation 4 controller
If you want to ensure that your Bluetooth adapter functions properly, you should install the most recent version of the Bluetooth adapter driver on your computer. If you don’t know how to do it manually, Driver Easy can do it for you. It’s simple and straightforward. In most cases, Driver Easy will automatically detect your system and locate the appropriate drivers for it. We take the guesswork out of knowing what operating system your computer is running, and we take the danger of installing the wrong driver and worrying about making a mistake during the installation process out of it.
- It takes only two clicks with the Pro version (and you receive full support as well as a 30-day money back guarantee) to do the following tasks: 1) Download and install the Easy Driver Installer.
- After that, Driver Easy will scan your computer and identify any problematic drivers.
- You may also click on theUpdate Allbutton at the bottom right of the screen to have your computer automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this needs thePro version, and you will be requested to upgrade when you click on the Update All button).
- To do so, follow these steps: If the light bar on your controller does not start flashing after a few seconds, press and hold both the Sharebutton and the PSbutton on your controller.
- It should be noted that the procedure for doing so on Windows 10 differs from that for Windows 7.
- If you are using a machine running Windows 10: Start by clicking theStartbutton, and then selectSettings from the drop-down menu.
- iii.Choose between Bluetooth and other devices.
- After that, the system will link your PS4 controller.
- v.The wireless connection has been successfully established.
- If you are running Windows 7, you may link your controller by following the procedures outlined below: i.Click theStartbutton, then selectDevices and Printers from the drop-down menu.
ii.Click on the Add a device button. Then choose your controller and add it as a device to your computer’s list of available devices. * If you are asked for a pair code, enter “0000” instead. iv.You have completed the configuration of your Bluetooth connection. Please go to the following step.
Step 2: Install an Xbox 360 controller driver (if on Windows 7 or below)
NOTE:This step is only applicable to people using Windows 7 or earlier. For those of you who are using Windows 10, you may skip this step and proceed to Step 3. If you just physically connect your PS4 controller to your computer, you will not be able to utilize it on your computer. Games running on Windows are unable to immediately identify your PS4 controller. If you want to use your PS4 controller to imitate an Xbox 360 controller (which is fully supported by Windows), you’ll need to use a third-party program.
- If you haven’t installed the program on your computer (or if you haven’t used an Xbox 360 controller on your computer before), you should go to the following Microsoft website to get the software: To begin, navigate to theXbox 360 controller for Windows page.
- Then choose your operating system and language from the drop-down menu.
- 3)Run the file you just downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your computer.
- Then go to Step 3.
- If you use Driver Easy, you can still automate this process: 1)Start Driver Easy and press the Scan Now button to begin scanning.
- 3)Start your computer from the beginning.
- You are now ready to go to the next stage.
Step 3: Use a third-party Xbox controller emulator
As previously stated, a third-party application is required in order for your computer to recognize your PlayStation 4 controller as an Xbox controller. You will be able to utilize your PS4 controller on your PC after installing this software. In the following sections, you will learn about two apps that can help you do this: Steam and DS4Windows. If you’re aSteamuser, you’re in luck, because your Steam client can assist your computer in recognizing your game controller. Steam has already included native support for the DualShock 4 controller.
- (Unplug the micro-USB cord from your computer if you are using a wireless controller.) If you have a wireless controller, go to the Bluetooth settings and unpair it.) 2) Launch the Steam client and log in using your Steam account information.
- 4)In Big Picture Mode, selectSettingsfrom the drop-down menu in the upper right corner.
- 6Check the PS4 Configuration Support for your device.
- 8)Connect your controller to your computer.
- 8)Start a game from your game library that has game controller compatibility enabled.
- After that, pick Controller Configuration from the drop-down menu.
- 10)Close the Controller Configuration window and use your controller to play your games on Steam!
Controller emulators such as DS4Windows, which allow you to map your PlayStation 4 controller to the Xbox controller driver, are available.
1) Go to the DS4Windows website and register.
2)Select and extract all of the files from the zipped folder that you downloaded earlier.
4)Choose the location where you wish to save your settings and profile information.
Make your selection in accordance with your own requirements.) 5)Click theStep 1: Install the DS4 Driverbutton to begin the installation process.
6)Click on theInstallbutton to begin the installation of this driver.
To close the Welcome to DS4Windows window, press the Finish button.
Your PS4 controller will appear in the list of controllers that have been connected.
Open DS4Windows once again and you should be able to see your controller in the controllers list.) Using this update, you may play games on your PC computer with your PlayStation 4 controller. Take pleasure in it!
Pair DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller with PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices
It takes only a few steps to connect your DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller to compatible games and applications while you are not connected to your PS4TM console through the Bluetooth® connection.
DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller Bluetooth compatible devices
Bluetooth connections with the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller are supported by devices running one of the operating systems listed below or later. Once connected, you may use your wireless controller to operate suitable games and programs that are running on your computer’s Bluetooth device.
Step 1: turn on DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller pairing mode
To use a controller on a device for the first time, you must first enable pairing mode on the device:
- To use a controller on a device for the first time, you must first enable pairing mode on that device.
Step 2: connect DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth
- Navigate to the Bluetooth settings on your device and turn on Bluetooth. After selecting the option to scan for new devices, locate and select the controller from the list of available devices. As soon as the pairing process is complete, the light bar changes to a solid color.
At any one moment, a controller can only be associated with one device. It is necessary to link the controller with the new device each time you switch between them.
DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller compatible games and applications
Use your wireless controller to play games that have been streamed from your PlayStation 5TM system or PlayStation 4TM console to your compatible device via the PlayStation Remote Play app. Your wireless controller may also be utilized to play games that are compatible with DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controllers, such as Call of Duty: Black Ops III. Bluetooth has certain restrictions. When you connect a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller to a Sony Xperia handset that is compatible with it, all of the controller’s features are available.
- The use of a touchpad is not supported. It is not possible to modify the color of the light bar
- This device does not allow audio connections through a rumble, motion sensor, or headphone jack.
Reconnect DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller to your console
Connect your wireless controller to your PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 4 console using a USB connection that is compatible with the system and press the PS button on the wireless controller to reconnect it. After that, you may disconnect the controller from the computer and use it wirelessly.
Need more help with your DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller?
If you have followed the preceding instructions but still believe that your controller is not connecting properly, please use the FixReplace diagnostic tool to troubleshoot the issue.
Contact one of our customer service representatives.
Control your PS4 console from a Windows PC
To make advantage of Remote Play, you’ll need the following items:
|OS||Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)|
|Processor||7th Generation Intel® Core™ processors or later|
|Storage space||100 MB or more|
|RAM||2 GB or more|
|Display resolution||1024 × 768 or higher|
- To make advantage of Remote Play, you’ll require the following items:
- You may also use your wireless controller to control your PS5 console from another location. Make use of a USB connection to connect the controller to your Windows computer. To participate in voice chat, you’ll need a microphone, such as the one built into your Windows PC.
Install the app
In order to download this program, simply follow the on-screen directions.
Set up your PS4 console
Then, when you’ve run the installation file, follow the on-screen directions to finish installing the software. A request to download extra software that is required for use may appear during the installation process. To obtain this program, simply follow the on-screen directions.
Start Remote Play
The following procedures must be completed each time you connect to your PlayStation 4 console from your Windows PC. 1.Start your PlayStation 4 system or put it into standby mode. 2.Connect your controller to your Windows PC by means of a USB connection cord. Additionally, you may make use of a DUALSHOCK®4 USB wireless adapter. 3.Start up your Windows PC and then choose the option. Using the same account that you use to get onto your PS4 console, sign in to the website. The video quality parameters for Remote Play, such as the resolution and frame rate, may be configured when you choose this option.
The program looks for the PS4 console that you have configured in your account.
After it establishes a connection, the screen of your PlayStation 4 console appears on your Windows PC, and you may begin to use Remote Play.
- Before attempting to connect remotely from outside your house, ensure that your device is correctly connected when you are in close proximity to your PS4 console. If the app is unable to locate the device to which you wish to connect, or if you are unable to utilize Remote Play, go to “When Remote Play is not accessible” for assistance.
Remote Play controls
In addition to utilizing your controller, you may also use the control panel to operate your PS4 system and play games. When you move the mouse pointer of your Windows PC across the screen that is being used for Remote Play during Remote Play, the following message appears in the control panel:
Quit Remote Play
1.Click on the Remote Play button in the upper right corner of the screen you’re now seeing. In this case, you’ll receive a notification that states “This Remote Play session will be terminated.” Selecting the option for while your PS4 console is in rest mode will cause Remote Play to be terminated. 2.Select. Remote Play is terminated, and the screen returns to the condition it was in prior to your Windows PC being connected to your PlayStation 4 console. In order to remove, navigate to your Windows PC’s settings and choose, followed by a delete command.
How to Connect a PS4 Controller to a PC
In 2013, the PlayStation 4 became popular among gamers everywhere. With the release of the PlayStation 5 on the market, it may not be long before you begin to contemplate selling your PS4. However, before you decide to get rid of it, you might want to consider keeping it in your gaming rotation by utilizing it in combination with your PC. Connecting your PlayStation 4 controller to your computer is straightforward and only requires a short amount of time, a mini-USB connection, and the following few simple steps.
How to connect the DualShock 4 with Steam
Steam, the world’s most popular PC gaming service, now supports the DualShock 4 controller directly in its native mode. It’s really simple to utilize your DualShock 4 to play games on Steam using the included controller. Step 1: Confirm that your Steam client is up to date. Step 2: Connect your controller to your computer. Step 3: You’re finished! Almost, at any rate. Even if your Steam client is up to date, you may experience some difficulties while configuring your controller. Although Steam recognizes the DS4 as a platform, this does not imply that every PC game will immediately operate with the controller.
Dark Souls III, on the other hand, does not recognize the controller.
It is not too late if you find yourself in that situation, or if you just want to use your controller wirelessly without having to utilize Steam, you are not out of options. The program DS4Windowsmay prove to be the answer to your problems.
How to connect a DualShock 4 using DS4Windows
Despite the fact that it involves some setup, this is the most efficient method of getting your PC and DualShock 4 controllers to communicate with each other without experiencing any serious issues. The DS4Windows application, which is a third-party program, allows you to connect your DualShock 4 controller to your PC in either wired or wireless mode (if your PC has Bluetooth). The ideal choice if you want to play games through Origin, Ubisoft Connect, GoG, or other PC gaming portals is to use this method unless you want to purchase an adaptor.
- Step 1: Go to the application’s official website and download the most recent version of DS4Windows.
- Using an archive manager such as WinRAR or 7Zip, extract the files from the zip file.
- Click on DS4Windows twice to launch the installation, which will bring up the following dialogue box: Michael Crider is a contributor at Digital Trends.
- We’ll get everything done quickly, so you won’t have to sit around for long.
- Windows 7 and earlier versions of the operating system are not supported; the driver is pre-installed on Windows 8 and 10 PCs.
- Using a micro USB connection, connect the DualShock 4 to your computer and you’re done (the same kind used for most Android phones).
- Step 6:Press and hold the PS Button and the Share Button on your DualShock 4 at the same time for three seconds, or until the light bar starts flashing.
- Step 8: Establish a connection with the wireless controller.
How to customize your setup
Player’s may customize practically every aspect of the controller, down to the color of the LED light bar, using its primary DS4Windows interface. Most contemporary PC games should be compatible with the default controller profile, especially if they were designed to function with the Xbox controller in the first place. Users may pick certain pre-made profiles or make their own, assigning more or less any keystroke to any of the DualShock’s buttons, which is particularly useful for games that aren’t simply adaptable to controllers.
Various touchpad settings, macros, and game-specific profiles are all offered – simply explore the options to find what works best for you.
If you are experiencing difficulties when using your DualShock 4 controller, you have a few of choices available to you. Step 1: To begin, go to the settings page and choose the option to Hide the DS4 Controller. When your DualShock 4 is taking precedence over other connected controllers — such as an Xbox 360 controller — or when you want to ensure that your DS4Windows settings take precedence over Steam’s DualShock 4 setup, this is a useful feature. The DualShock 4 may also be linked exclusively to DS4Windows if it isn’t operating properly when other input devices are attached.
Third, the second file involved in the DS4Windows installation, DS4Update, will monitor the internet for the most recent version of DS4Windows and install it for you automatically.
How to connect with a Sony wireless adapter
It’s possible to experience problems with your DualShock 4 controller if you use it with a PlayStation 4. As part of the options tab, there is an option to turn off the DS4 controller. Step 1: When your DualShock 4 is taking precedence over other connected controllers — such as an Xbox 360 controller — or when you want to ensure that your DS4Windows settings take precedence over Steam’s DualShock 4 setup, this is a useful feature to have. The DualShock 4 may also be linked exclusively to DS4Windows if it isn’t operating properly when other input devices are attached.
Third, the second file involved in the DS4Windows installation, DS4Update, will monitor the internet for the most recent version of DS4Windows and install it for you.
- If you are experiencing difficulties when using your DualShock 4 controller, you have a few of choices to choose from. Step 1: Under the options tab, there is an option to turn off the DS4 controller. This is useful if your DualShock 4 is taking precedence over other connected controllers — such as an Xbox 360 controller — or if you want to ensure that your DS4Windows settings take precedence over Steam’s DualShock 4 setup. The DualShock 4 may also be linked solely to DS4Windows if it isn’t operating properly when other input devices are attached. By selecting this option at the bottom of DS4Windows, the DualShock 4 becomes the primary input source for games. 3. The other file involved in the DS4Windows installation, DS4Update, will keep an eye out for the most recent version of DS4Windows and install it for you. You should execute this update assessment on a regular basis to ensure that the most recent version of DualShock 4 is running at its optimal performance on your PC.