- 1 How to Install Kodi on Windows 10
- 2 What is Kodi?
- 3 Download and install Kodi on Windows 10
- 4 Configure Kodi settings
- 5 Bonus Tip: use a VPN
- 6 HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Windows – Official Kodi Wiki
- 7 1.2Pre-release
- 8 1.3Development builds
- 9 2.1Installer
- 10 2.2Microsoft Store
- 11 2.3Chocolatey
- 12 2.4Portable Mode
- 13 5.1The Kodi application
- 14 5.2The Kodi data folder
- 15 5.3Complete Uninstall
- 16 How to Install Kodi for Windows PC in Two Minutes (Kodi 19 Matrix)
- 17 How to Install Kodi for Windows PC – Kodi 19 Guide
- 18 Warning! Protect Yourself With IPVanish VPN
- 19 Kodi Resources for Windows PC
- 20 Protect Yourself With A VPN
- 21 Kodi for Windows FAQ
- 22 How to Install Kodi on Windows (3 Easy Methods) – TechNadu
- 23 Requirements for Installing Kodi on a Windows
- 24 How to Install Kodi on Your Windows PC
- 25 Want to Learn More About Using Kodi?
- 26 Download Kodi v19.3 (Matrix) for Windows 10/8.1/7 (Official Latest)
- 27 Download Kodi for Windows
- 28 How to Install Kodi for PC
- 29 F.A.Qs
- 30 How to Install Kodi 17.6 Krypton & v16 on Windows (Step By Step Guide)
- 31 How to Install Kodi Version 18 Leia on Windows 10 (64 bit)
- 32 How to Install Kodi v18 on windows 10 (Video Tutorial)
- 33 How to Install Kodi on Windows 10 (v16 Jarvis)
- 34 How to Install Kodi on Windows 8.1
- 35 Can I Install Kodi on Windows XP?
- 36 Best Windows version for Kodi
- 37 How to Update/Upgrade Kodi on Windows
- 38 Kodi on Windows Errors/Fixes
- 39 Best Addons for Kodi on Windows
- 40 How To Install Add-ons on Windows PC
- 41 Windows Alternate Devices For Kodi
- 42 Already Tired Of Streaming On Windows?
- 43 You should be using Kodi for Windows 10
- 44 What is Kodi?
- 45 How to get Kodi on Windows 10
- 46 Kodi and Xbox One
- 47 Getting started
How to Install Kodi on Windows 10
Kodi is a well-known open source software media center that allows users to view a wide range of films and music on a variety of devices, including televisions and computers. But, how can you get Kodi to work on Windows 10? Here are the step-by-step steps for installing Kodi on your computer or laptop.
- The following steps will help you install and configure Kodi in Windows 10. Bonus Tip: Make advantage of a virtual private network (VPN).
What is Kodi?
Kodi is a highly handy media program that provides you with a fantastic watching experience as well as access to a wide range of content sources. Since 2002, it has been referred to as the Xbox Media Player. Xbox Media Center was the name given to it in 2003. (XBMC). In 2014, the XBMC Foundation changed the name of the software to Kodi. Kodi is compatible with a wide range of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, and iOS, among others. Kodi is capable of playing a wide range of formats, including MP3, PM4, OGG, AAC, and others.
Download and install Kodi on Windows 10
Kodi can be downloaded and installed on your computer in the same way that other Windows software can be installed. It is possible to download the.exe file in one of two methods. One is available via the Kodi official website, while the other is available from the Windows Marketplace. Please keep in mind that the most recent version of Kodi isKodi 17now, commonly known asKodi Krypton. Also, if you are trying to update from an older version of Kodi, make a backup of the previous version first before proceeding with the upgrade.
How to install Kodi from the website
1) Go to the Kodi download page and pick Windows from the drop-down menu. 2) SelectINSTALLER from the drop-down menu to download the file. After that, it will automatically download the installation package that is compatible with your Windows operating system. 3) Double-click the downloaded file, then choose Yes to proceed. 4) The Kodi setup process appears on the screen. To proceed, click on the Next button. 5) SelectI Agree to indicate your agreement with the licensing agreement. 6) Select the components to be installed and then press the Next button.
- To specify the place where you wish to save the files, clickBrowset and then Next.
- 8) Select Install from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on the Install button.
- 9) Sit back and wait for the installation to complete.
- If you wish to start Kodi right away, select the box next toRun Kodi and then clickFinish so that you may launch Kodi as soon as the installation is complete.
How to install Kodi from the Microsoft Store
Kodi is now accessible through the Microsoft Shop program, allowing you to download and install it directly from the store. 1) Launch the Microsoft Store application on your computer and enterKodiin the search box before pressingEnter.
2) SelectKodi from the drop-down menu, then click Get to begin installation. 3) Wait a few seconds for the download to complete. 4) Once the download is complete, clickLaunchto execute and launch Kodi in your Windows computer. You may now use Kodi on your PC and have a good time.
Configure Kodi settings
As soon as you have installed Kodi on your computer, you will need to change the settings in order to get the most out of your experience while using Kodi.
Allow unknown sources to your Kodi
We all know that Kodi is an open source media player, and as such, you may need to enable unknown sources in order to have access to the different material provided by the add-ons that you have installed. 1) Launch Kodi and navigate to SettingsSystem settings. 2) Select Add-ons from the drop-down menu, then select the option next to Unknown sources, followed by Yes to confirm. If you want to enhance your viewing experience, you may install add-ons like Exodus on your Kodi.
How to install an add-on in Kodi
You may enhance your Kodi experience by installing different add-ons that are tailored to your specific requirements. The following are the steps to follow in order to install add-ons on your Kodi. As an illustration, consider the Covenant. 1) Launch Kodi and select thegearicon to enter the Settings menu. 2) Select File Manager from the drop-down menu. 3) SelectNone from the drop-down menu after double-clickingAdd Source. The following URL, or a copy and pasted version of the following URL, should be entered in this field, and then click OK.
- I typed xvbmc onto the keyboard.
- 6) Returning to the Kodi main page, choose Add-ons, then click thePackageiconin the top left corner of the screen.
- (Optional) Choose the file you just saved, in my case xvbmc.
- 10) Wait for the indication that the add-on has been activated.
- 12) Choose XvBMC (Add-ons) as the REPOsitory option.
- Covenant is a video add-on, therefore I choose Video Add-ons from the drop-down menu.
- 14) Click onInstall in the lower right corner.
- The add-on has now been successfully installed in your Kodi installation.
Set up subtitles in your Kodi
When watching videos, it is possible that you may want to use subtitles. Take the following steps: 1) Launch Kodi and navigate to SettingsPlayer settings. 2) Select the language from the drop-down menu, then select the languages for which you want to download subtitles. 3) The default subtitle language is English, and you may choose whatever language you wish to include in the videos when they are downloaded. Then click OK to preserve your changes.
Bonus Tip: use a VPN
If you’re connecting to the Internet through your ISP, you may encounter geo-restrictions when installing Kodi add-ons. That is to say, depending on where your network is located, you may be unable to access movies or television episodes. That is why you must utilize a virtual private network (VPN) in order to use Kodi and watch videos without being restricted by geography. Installing a Virtual Private Network (VPN) can help you avoid any potential issues such as Exodus not operating or video not streaming properly (VPN).
To locate a VPN, just type VPN into your browser’s search bar and select the one with the greatest reputation.
NordVPN allows you to circumvent geo-restrictions in order to access all of the desired add-ons, protects you from prying eyes, and encrypts your data in order to keep your online activities secret.
It’s completely risk-free and simple to use! To obtain a NordVPN discount code, simply click NordVPN coupon, after which you will be transported to the NordVPN homepage.
- Download and install NordVPN on your device. You can get it for 75 percent off right now if you buy and utilize it. Start NordVPN and let it to connect
- Connect to a server in a certain place of your choosing
Obtain NordVPN and install it on your computer or mobile device. Currently, you may receive 75 percent off to purchase and utilize it; NordVPN should be launched and then opened. Connect to a server in a specific location of your choosing.
HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Windows – Official Kodi Wiki
Install NordVPN on your device. You may get it for 75 percent off right now if you buy and use it; Start NordVPN and connect to it; Connect to a server in a location of your choosing;
The point releases (e.g., v19.1, v19.2) are forthcoming fixes for issues found in the major release (e.g., v19.1). Installing a recent pre-release version is completely risk-free. This version includes bug fixes and should be considered a recommended release.
See:Development builds When it comes to installing Kodi, you have a number of options to pick from.
You may download and install it just like any other Windows application by downloading and running the executable installation file (.exe) from thedownloads website.
Kodi may be obtained via the Microsoft Store by visiting the downloads page and clicking on the link. The Microsoft Store version is the most recent release, and it will be automatically updated in the future. If you do not want Kodi to update automatically, you should use the Installer version, which gives you complete control over Kodi updates.
If you already have Chocolatey installed, you may use the command-line installer to set up the package. For further information, please see the Kodi Package page on Chocolately.
Take a look at:Portable mode Installing a new version of Kodi over an old version will, in the majority of circumstances, be a simple process.
- When switching between two or more versions, we recommend doing a clean installation. Please see:Backup for instructions on how to create a backup of your existing Kodi data folder
- A point release of the same version can be put on top of an existing installation without encountering any problems.
A new install is recommended when upgrading between two or more versions. To learn how to create a backup of your existing Kodi data folder, go to the section Backup. There are no issues with installing point releases of the same version over an existing installation.
- Follow the backup instructions to create a backup of your data. See:Backup
- Check that your machine still matches the minimal criteria for Kodi’s supported hardware inSupported hardware. If you use any add-ons or skins, make sure they have been updated to function with the latest version of Kodi before continuing. All add-ons and skins should continue to function properly if the upgrade is a point update (e.g., from version 18.x to version 18.y).
Older versions of Kodi 32-bit may be downloaded from this page. Kodi has been installed in two different locations. Kodi must be uninstalled from both places in order for it to be entirely removed.
5.1The Kodi application
If you are upgrading from a previous version of Kodi, the software is installed by default in the C:Program FilesKodi directory, or in the C:Program Files (x86)Kodi directory if you are installing it for the first time. Uninstalling the Kodi program on Windows 10 is as follows:
- Go to the Settings menu. Select ‘Apps and features’ from the drop-down menu. Choose Kodi from the list of available applications. Select Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
5.2The Kodi data folder
Select Settings from the drop-down menu. Select ‘Apps and features’ from the drop-down menu; Choose Kodi from the list of available applications. Uninstall is the option to select.
- It’s possible that you manually downloaded and executed the Kodi executable installation file (.exe), in which case the folder will be located atC:UsersYour User NameAppDataRoamingKodi
- However, this is not recommended. If you downloaded Kodi from the Microsoft Store, the folder will be located atC:UsersYour User NameAppDataLocalPackagesXBMCFoundation.Kodi 4n2hpmxwrvr6pLocalCacheRoamingKodi
- If you downloaded Kodi from another source, the folder will be located atC:UsersYour User NameAppDataLocal
You can clear out the Kodi data folder in order to make a fresh installation of the software; however, the data files will be regenerated the next time you start Kodi. Keep the data folder for backup reasons by renaming the Kodi folder to something likeKodi-Old after you have finished using it. See:Backup See:Kodi data folder for further information.
You can clear out the Kodi data folder in order to make a fresh installation of the software; however, the data files will be regenerated the next time you launch Kodi.
Keep the data folder for backup purposes by renaming the Kodi folder to something likeKodi-Old once you’ve finished installing the software. See:Backup Kodi data folder is an example of this.
- Click on More information if you see this dialogue window. Regardless of whether the text expands, clickRun. If you do not see the option to ‘Run anyhow,’ it is possible that Windows Defender has been configured to Block rather than Warn. This parameter may be modified in the Windows Security program.
NOTICE: Changing the settings in Windows Security might make your machine less secure in the long run. If you are unclear whether or not to proceed, you may want to wait a few days until Windows Defender recognizes the updated version of Kodi before proceeding. After installing Kodi, disable the ‘Check applications and files’ feature in Windows Security’s Appbrowser control section. This will prevent Windows Defender SmartScreen from preventing the Kodi installer in the future. Please make sure that you enable ‘Check applications and files’ when the installation is complete!
How to Install Kodi for Windows PC in Two Minutes (Kodi 19 Matrix)
This step-by-step instruction will walk you through the process of installing Kodi on a Windows PC in under two minutes. It is much easier to utilize this sophisticated tool when it is installed on your Windows PC, which is especially useful while you are traveling. If you install Kodi on your Windows PC, you will be able to view free movies, TV shows, live TV channels, sports, and other content. This may be accomplished through the use of the numerous third-party addons and builds that have been installed by millions of Kodi users.
Despite the fact that Kodi is accessible in the Microsoft Store, we will install the most recent version of the software from the official Kodi website instead.
Streaming may be done anonymously with the help of IPVanish VPN.
SAVE 65% FOR LIMITED TIME
IPVanish offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on their service to ensure that you are satisfied with it. IPVanish enables you to use your account on as many Internet-connected devices as you like without incurring additional fees. If you have a Windows PC and wish to install APKs, I recommend that you read our post on how to install Android apps on a Windows PC for more details. We would need to “side-load” the program on a Firestick or other popular streaming devices, as demonstrated in ourJailbreak Firesticktutorial, in order to install Kodi.
- We do not check to see if the applications, services, or websites in question have the correct license for the media that they provide.
- Each individual is solely responsible for the media that they access, and we presume that all visitors are complying with the copyright rules that apply in their respective jurisdictions when they visit.
- This website is updated on a regular basis, and it will always contain the most up-to-date information about the most recent stable release of Kodi.
- If you’re using a Mac, check out our comprehensive guide on installing Kodi on a Mac computer.
See the link below for information on how to protect yourself on a Windows computer. How to Setup the Best VPN for a Windows Computer The TROYPOINT Supercharge Kodi Guide is completely free.
Install the Best Kodi Addons in Seconds
You can learn how to install over 60 of the greatest addons in TROYPOINT’s free TROYPOINT Supercharge Guide, which you can access by clicking here. GET A COMPLIMENTARY GUIDE Over one million cable cutters have benefited from this product.
How to Install Kodi for Windows PC – Kodi 19 Guide
Kodi for Windows PC installation is demonstrated in detail in the following step-by-step instructions. In this demonstration, we are utilizing a Windows PC running the Windows 10 operating system. Opening an Internet browser on your Windows PC and visiting the official Kodi website – on the Kodi website, click theDownloadbutton in the upper right corner of your screen to begin the installation process. 3.Scroll down and select the Windows symbol under “Select Your Platform” from the drop-down menu.
- 5.Kodi will begin to download into your Windows PC at this point.
- 6.After that, the Kodi Setup message will show.
- 7.Select I Agree from the drop-down menu.
- 9.Select the Destination Folder for the Kodi program from the drop-down menu and click Next.
- 11.Allow Kodi to complete its installation on your Windows PC by waiting a minute or two.
- 13.That’s all there is to it!
Warning! Protect Yourself With IPVanish VPN
The majority of cord cutters utilize an IPVanish VPN, and with good reason. The free streaming programs, addons, and IPTV services that you use are typically housed on unsecured servers, which makes it difficult to protect your data. Your IP Address is being recorded if you do not use an IPVanish service. Your IP Address may be traced back to your location and identity, putting your privacy and security at risk at the same time. Your current IP address is 22.214.171.124, and it is used to identify you.
- A virtual private network (VPN) such as IPVanish will offer you with a secure connection to the Internet.
- The most popular VPN among cord-cutters is IPVanish, which is known for its lightning-fast connections and no-logs-keep policy.
- It’s also critical to choose a service that doesn’t keep track of what its members do when they’re online.
- The first step is to sign up for an IPVanish VPN account by using the link provided below.
- Sign up for an IPVanish account today.
- Step 2– Hover your cursor over Find on the home screen.
- Step 3– Scroll down to the Search box and press Enter.
Step 5– Open the IPVanish VPN application.
Step 7– After the IPVanish application has been installed, select Open.
When you register for an account, you will be provided with a username and password.
Step ten– Press the OK button.
Your identifying IP address has been changed, and you are no longer identified as such.
You can terminate the VPN service at any time by re-launching the program and selecting the DISCONNECT option.
IPVanish may be used on an unlimited number of devices!
Making ensuring that you are constantly utilizing the most up-to-date version of Kodi on your Windows PC is very important.
Resetting Kodi is useful when you want to delete all of your addons, builds, wizards, and other customizations and start over with a clean slate. To completely reset Kodi on your Windows PC, follow the steps outlined in the following section. How to Reset Kodi on a Computer Running Windows
Kodi Resources for Windows PC
In addition to its streaming and media center features, Kodi is one of the most powerful apps available today when it comes to media center functionality. I recommend that you read our in-depth Kodi guide, which will explain all you need to know about this fantastic tool. What exactly is Kodi? Everything You Want to Know About The main power of Kodi is derived from the numerous add-ons, builds, repositories, and wizards that can be readily installed to the program in order to add more features.
The TROYPOINT Supercharge Kodi Guide is completely free.
Install the Best Kodi Addons in Seconds
You can learn how to install over 60 of the greatest addons in TROYPOINT’s free TROYPOINT Supercharge Guide, which you can access by clicking here. GET A COMPLIMENTARY GUIDE Over one million cable cutters have benefited from this product.
Protect Yourself With A VPN
When using Kodi, TROYPOINT recommends that you use a virtual private network (VPN) to guarantee that your Internet Service Provider (ISP), government, and add-on developers are not tracking your streaming behavior. While using Kodi, I tested numerous VPN services, and there was one that stood out above the others in terms of speed, reliability, compatibility, and other factors, which I cover more in the following article. What is the best VPN for Kodi? Install the Kodi program on your Windows PC computer and use it right away!
Kodi for Windows FAQ
To guarantee that your Internet Service Provider (ISP), government, and add-on developers are not tracking your streaming activities, TROYPOINT recommends utilizing a virtual private network (VPN) when using Kodi. In my research, I found one VPN company that stood out above the rest in terms of speed, reliability, compatibility, and other factors. I explain this provider in detail in the following tutorial. Choosing the Most Appropriate VPN for Kodi Attempt to download and install the Kodi application for your Windows PC computer right now!
What is Kodi for Windows PC?
In addition to being free and open-source, Kodi is also a media center program that can be installed on a Windows computer.
Is Kodi on Windows Safe?
Yes, Kodi is a secure and approved program that can be downloaded and installed on a Windows computer.
Is Kodi Legal?
Kodi is completely legal, and it can be installed on practically any device with a few simple steps. However, some of the content you may access with Kodi may be unlawful. Always utilize a virtual private network (VPN) as described on this page in order to use your Windows PC anonymously. This page contains affiliate links, which means that TROYPOINT may get a commission at no additional cost to you if you click on one of the links. Many times, you will be eligible for a discount as a result of special arrangements made specifically for our visitors.
Purchasing through my affiliate links directly benefits TROYPOINT, which allows the site to continue to provide new material and resources. Thank you very much! Register as a TROYPOINT Insider to discuss this article with hundreds of other cord-cutters who are also members of the community.
How to Install Kodi on Windows (3 Easy Methods) – TechNadu
Kodi is now a 64-bit program, which means that you may manually install it on Windows, or you can rely on Microsoft’s App Store to do so for you (available on Windows 10). It takes only a few minutes to complete either of these installation techniques, and they are both quite straightforward. All of the several ways to install Kodi on Windows will be covered in this article straight away. And, of course, we’ll walk you through the process step by step.
Requirements for Installing Kodi on a Windows
The good news is that Kodi is compatible with a broad range of operating systems, making it accessible to practically anybody who want to install and use it. The following are the official system requirements for Windows-based PCs.
- Windows Version:You must be running Windows 7 or above to use this program. Kodi is not compatible with Windows XP or Windows Vista. CPU: Virtually any x86 or x64 processor will suffice for this task. This includes the Pentium 4 from Intel, the Athlon 64 from AMD, and any other newer CPU. In other words, if your computer was built inside the previous ten years, you will have no problems operating Kodi. RAM: You must have at least 1GB of RAM to run this program. It is suggested that you have at least 2GB of RAM in order to ensure that you can run Kodi alongside other apps on your PC without experiencing performance difficulties. GPU (Graphics Processing Unit): Any GPU that supports DirectX version 9.0c will be capable of performing this function. Similar to the previous requirements, any GPU manufactured within the last ten years or so will be capable of running Kodi. Storage Requirements:On its own, Kodi requires between 100 and 200MB of available storage space. However, if you intend to use Kodi to play locally saved movies and television episodes, be sure you have enough free space on your hard drive.
How to Install Kodi on Your Windows PC
As you can see in the screenshots below, there are three different ways to get started with Kodi on Windows desktops at the present.
- In order to get started with Kodi on a Windows PC, there are now three options, as shown in the table below.
Method1: Manual Installation (Using EXE File)
Kodi on Windows may be installed manually using the EXE (executable) file that comes with the application. This is the initial technique for installing Kodi on Windows. Follow the procedures outlined below.
- First, go to the official Kodi website and download the installation file
- Second, follow the on-screen instructions. It is possible to install either the 64-bit or 32-bit version of Kodi, depending on the capability of your computer. The majority of today’s Windows PCs are capable of running 64-bit software, so feel free to stick with that.
- Following the download, you will need to locate the EXE file you just downloaded. The majority of people will be able to locate the file on their computer’s desktop. However, it may also be placed in the’Downloads’folder by double-clicking on the EXE file that has been downloaded. A wizard for installing the software should display. You’ll have to go through a number of steps before you can see Kodi being installed on your computer. Once the installation is complete, you’ll be presented with the choice to launch Kodi. To complete the installation, choose this option and press Finish.
- That’s all there is to it! Simply run Kodi (it should be available as a shortcut on your desktop) and begin adding content to the platform, installing add-ons, or doing anything else that comes to mind. Enjoy
Method2: Use the Microsoft App Store
Computers running Windows 10 have access to the Microsoft App Store, which contains thousands of applications. And indeed, as you can see in the video below, this is yet another method of installing Kodi on Windows.
- Open the Microsoft Store
- Once the Microsoft Store has been launched, enter a search term in the’Search’field. Enter the word’Kodi’into the search box and press Enter. After a few seconds, the search results for Kodi will be presented alongside the other results. There will be a variety of alternatives available, so make sure to select the app developed by the ‘XBMC Foundation.’
- When you click on the Kodi icon, you will be transported to the program’s overview page. Because this program is completely free, all you have to do is click on the’Get’button to begin using it. The installation of Kodi will take place in the background, and you may be prompted to confirm your selection or validate your Microsoft account credentials. As soon as this is completed, you may run Kodi directly from Microsoft’s Store or from the Start Menu.
The version of Kodi that you end up with is the same regardless of the installation method you choose to use. Kodi is not restricted by the ‘Microsoft Store,’ which means you may install and use it in the same way you would the conventional version. The most significant advantage of this approach is that you can utilize the Windows Store to keep Kodi up to date at all times.
Method3: Install/Use Kodi in ‘Portable’ Mode
In the end, here’s how to install Kodi on Windows by employing the “portable” installation mode: Please keep in mind that this approach will not function unless you have a USB drive.
- To begin, you must first download and install Kodi’s EXE (executable) file. In order to download the file, follow the URL provided and then click on the button labeled “Installer (64bit).” The ‘Installation Wizard’ will display when you have launched the EXE file. This time, instead of pressing the’Next’button, take your time and think about it. You’ll be prompted to choose a location for Kodi to be installed. Select’Browse’from the drop-down menu and go to your USB disk. The last stage of the Installation Wizard will allow you to ‘Run Kodi,’ so make sure to press STOP before exiting the process. Keep in mind that you must not choose this option since you must not be running Kodi at this time. Instead, leave this option blank and close the installation program. Now, go to the Kodi files that you want to use. Due to the fact that you selected to install it on a USB drive, navigate to this directory. You’ll discover a file titled ‘Kodi.exe’ in the root directory. Make a copy of the file you want to shorten. This may be accomplished by right-clicking on the file and selecting ‘Send to Desktop (Create Shortcut)’ from the context menu. Find the newly formed shortcut on your computer. Select ‘Properties’ from the context menu of the right-clicked item. You’ll see a field labeled ‘Target’ in this section of the form. After any other characters detected in this area, you must include the ‘-p’ prefix. For example,’F:Kodikodi.exe -p’is a command. Make certain that you have made this modification and that you have saved the update
- Finally, fire up Kodi on your computer. Everything you download and install will now be kept within the Kodi folder itself, rather than in a separate location. This can include scripts, addons, a local library of material, skins, and user data, to name a few possibilities. These files can be found in the’portable data’folder on your computer. In addition, all of those modifications will be stored on your USB drive if you want to do so. You may use it on a variety of PCs without encountering any problems.
The EXE (executable) file for Kodi must first be downloaded. To download the file, click on the’Installer (64bit)’button after clicking on the supplied link. The ‘Installation Wizard’ will display once you run the EXE file. Be cautious this time around, and instead of pressing the’Next’button, hold it. The location where you would like Kodi to be installed will be inquired about. Click on’Browse’and choose your USB drive from the drop-down menu. Finally, complete the installation by pressing STOP before quitting the process; the final step of the Installation Wizard will allow you to ‘Run Kodi.’ Keep in mind that you must not utilize this option at this time since Kodi must not be running.
- Go to your Kodi files and choose them.
- Kodi.exe is the name of the file that you’ll find within the folder.
- By right-clicking on this file and selecting ‘Send to Desktop (Create Shortcut),’ you may accomplish this task.
- Select ‘Properties’ from the context menu of your right-clicked object.
- After any additional characters discovered in this area, you must add the prefix ‘-p ‘.
- The Kodi folder itself will now include all of the files and addons that you have installed.
These files may be found in the’portable data’folder on your computer’s desktop. In addition, all of those modifications will be stored to your USB device if you have one. With no problems, you may use it on several different computers.
Want to Learn More About Using Kodi?
We truly hope that you have successfully installed Kodi 19 on your Windows computer. Next, take use of the resources listed below to broaden your horizons and learn more.
- Using Kodi, you may enable unidentified sources by following these steps: Find the best Kodi addons for your needs. Find the best Kodi skins available. Learn how to change the skins on Kodi by watching this video. Instructions on how to create a library in Kodi
- How to Add Videos to Kodi
- How to Install Kodi
- What is the best way to add music to Kodi? How to Add Photos to Kodi
- How to Add Videos to Kodi How to Create and Manage Kodi Profiles
- How to Add Subtitles to Kodi
- How to Add Subtitles to Netflix
Dear Kodi users, there concludes our guide on how to install Kodi 19 on Windows in 2021. Thank you for reading. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have about this procedure using the comments area below. Thanks for reading! Finally, thank you for taking the time to read this!
Download Kodi v19.3 (Matrix) for Windows 10/8.1/7 (Official Latest)
Kodi For PC/Laptop Windows 10/7/8.1/8/XP is available for download from this page. It is our policy to update this website with the most recent version of the application on a regular basis. Kodi download for PC is now available, and you can use it to sync all of your media files across all of your connected devices. You will be able to access all of your media content from one location to another device in this manner. This is just one of the many excellent features of Kodi. Consider a unified menu or library that is available from all of your devices through a single application.
Kodi is an open-source program, also referred to as a center application, that allows most people to tailor their entertainment centers.
That is how Kodi operates.
The Windows version, in particular, is a more dependable option if you want to be able to better handle all of your gadgets across the house.
Download Kodi for Windows
|Version||Kodi v19.3 Matrix|
|Requirement||Windows 7 and up|
How to Install Kodi for PC
Not only is the Kodi software popular due of its ease of use and capabilities, but it is also popular since it is completely free. Yes. It is completely free to use and download as much as you like. As a result, you can download Kodi for PC right now and begin viewing your favorite films and listening to your favorite music as soon as you finish reading this article. The time required is 5 minutes. The download, as well as the installation, are both straightforward. This program is no more difficult to set up than any other piece of software on your Windows computer.
So, why don’t we get started right now and see what happens?
- Launch a web browser. Go to the Kodi download page in your web browser and download Kodi. To download, click on the download button. The download should begin automatically at this point. If you are sent to a download page and the download does not begin, try clicking on the download button instead of the back button. It’s possible that there is a brief server problem. Once the download has begun, it should be completed in a few minutes at the most. If you have a fast internet connection, this should just take a few seconds. The Kodi for PC installation file is just about 78MB in size, thus it is not a burden on your network. Navigate to the downloads folder on your computer. Upon completion of the download, navigate to the default download location and double-click on the Kodi installer to launch it. Install Kodi on your computer. The welcome page for the Kodi installation should now display. To proceed, click on the ” Next ” button. Come to an agreement on the terms To agree to the terms and licenses, click ” Agree “. Select a location for storing files. Select the place where you want Kodi to be installed, or utilize the Program Files folder that comes with Windows. Installation Folder”>
- Kodi should be launched. After the installation is complete, you should receive a request to run the Kodi media center application. Select ” Run Kodi ” from the drop-down menu and click on the ” Finish ” button. Make a connection to the internet. Because this is your first time using Kodi, the software will ask for permission to use your internet connection. Select whether you desire a ” Private ” or ” Public ” connection
- Congratulations, you are now ready to use Kodi. You should now be able to see the main Kodi for PC interface. That’s all there is to it. You may now use Kodi in the manner in which you choose. On this page, you can find further Kodi lessons that will help you learn how to utilize the software. Please feel free to take a look around.
Is Kodi Safe and Legal?
Several people have expressed concern regarding the safety and legality of using Kodi as a media center. However, Kodi in its most basic version is both legal and safe to use. The users are the ones that render this software vulnerable to malware and other infections in the first place. The Kodi software is free and open-source, which means that it may be customized to meet the needs of the individual user or organization. What they do with or to the program is not in accordance with the original developer’s intentions or plans.
- As a result, it should come as no surprise that some ill-intentioned persons would take advantage of this chance to take advantage of all of its unaware consumers.
- These occurrences are completely beyond of the control of the creators.
- You should only use Kodi to watch and listen to content that you own and that is intended for your eyes and ears.
- We do not want this program to be prohibited only because a large number of users are engaging in unlawful activity through it.
- Only the most basic version of Kodi is available from us, with no modifications or additions.
You will only receive the original Kodi and nothing else. Then you may choose which list of add-ons you wish to download and install from the computer. With the help ofKodi on Roku, you can watchKodi Movies on your television. Kodi can also be installed on Firestick devices.
how to download kodi for windows 10
Kodi is a free media player that has been built to work with Windows 10 operating system. It was developed as an open source project by XBMC and is currently accessible on a variety of platforms, including Windows 10, Mac OS, Android, and Linux, among others. There are a variety of options for downloading Kodi on Windows 10. To begin, you may go to the official Kodi website, which serves as the default installation destination for any newly downloaded apps. To get Kodi, go to the Windows Store and search for it.
- When you click this, the installation package for your Windows operating system will be instantly downloaded to your computer.
- The setup process will ask you to accept the terms of the agreement and select the components you wish to include in your installation.
- The file will be saved in the Downloads folder on your computer.
- You may accomplish this by following a few straightforward steps.
- The next step is to download and install it on your computer.
- Once the software has been installed, you will need to import your media collection and install any optional add-ons.
How to Install Kodi for Windows 10
The process of installing Kodi on Windows 10 is not as difficult as you may expect. There are a plethora of websites available that will tell you how to accomplish this. However, there are websites such as TECHTRICKSEO that tell you exactly what to do. This article will walk you through the process of installing Kodi on your computer. Continue reading to find out more. After that, you can begin taking use of the numerous features that this famous media center program has to offer. It is necessary to download and install Kodi for Windows 10 first, which may be done through the Microsoft Store.
- Select the app from the list by clicking on it and selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- You should now be presented with a setup wizard on your computer screen.
- The installation of the media center is the following phase.
- The EXE file is simple to download and is compatible with all Windows-based devices.
- The next step is to go to the Microsoft Store and search for Kodi, which is available for free.
- As soon as the installation is complete, you should be able to access it through a shortcut on your desktop.
Once Kodi is installed, you can begin adding media libraries and add-ons to your collection. Installing the media player on Windows 10 may also be done through the Microsoft App Store, which is quite convenient.
Is it possible to get Kodi for free? Kodi is a completely free application to download and use. It enables you to watch web series, live programs, movies, music, and many other types of content from a global channel all over the world. You may utilize add-ons to improve your overall user experience. What is the best way to download Kodi on Windows? The steps are as follows: 1. Install Kodi according to your operating system’s version. 2. Run the file you have downloaded and install it. 3. Press the “Run” button to start the program.
When the dialogue box displays, select “Next” from the drop-down menu.
When you’re finished, click the “Finish” button to close the window.
How to Install Kodi 17.6 Krypton & v16 on Windows (Step By Step Guide)
If you’re wondering how to install Kodi on a Windows computer, look no further. Don’t be concerned, installing Kodion on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, or XP is a straightforward process. Beginning with the Kodi setup, which can be found on the Kodi official website, follow the instructions. After that, you may select from hundreds of different addons to install. The most appealing aspect of Kodi is that it is completely free, and it can be installed on a variety of systems, including Windows computers.
Using a free VPN to stream Kodi on your Windows computer puts your personal data at risk.
On Kodican, you can remain anonymous and safe by using an AVPN.
We have tried the procedure for installing Kodi on every version of Windows that we could find.
How to Install Kodi Version 18 Leia on Windows 10 (64 bit)
Kodi Leia is the name of the latest version of Kodi, which is similar to the names of previous versions of Kodi, such as Kodi Jarvis, Krypton, and now Leia. A large number of users have asked for the Kodi download setup for Windows 10 to be made available (64 bit). However, there had been an unavailability till the betaversion of Kodi 18 came to life, which was a disappointment. As of December 2017, this nightly version does all of the fundamental duties and operates rather well. (See best Kodi setup wizards for Leia version 18 for more information.)
- Kodi’s most recent version may be found here. Navigate the system to the location where the downloaded file is located
- Start the installation process. When prompted, select ‘Yes’ from the authorization window. To accept the licensing agreement and proceed forward, click on the ‘I Agree’ button. Click “Next” after selecting all of the choices that you wish to be available. Select the area where you want Kodi to be installed and then click ‘Next’. The installation process will begin. As soon as the installation is complete, select ‘Run Kodi’ from the drop-down menu and then click ‘Finish’.
How to Install Kodi v18 on windows 10 (Video Tutorial)
- You may either download Kodi from its official website or download its app from the Microsoft Store
- Locate the location where the downloaded file was saved and run the setup program
- Whenever you are prompted for permission to allow the setup wizard to run, select ‘Yes’. If you agree to the licensing agreement and want to proceed, select ‘I Agree’. Select the components you wish to install and press the ‘Next’ button. Choose the location where you want Kodi to be installed and then click on the ‘Next’ button. Kodi should now begin to download and install on your computer. Once the installation has been completed, choose the ‘Run Kodi’ option and click ‘Finish’ to complete the process.
How to Install Kodi on Windows 10 (v16 Jarvis)
- Kodi’s v16 Jarvis version is available for download from the official Kodi website. Make a note, however, that the Kodi v16 Jarvis version is not accessible in the Windows Store, where you will only find the most recent version (v17 Krypton). As soon as you have downloaded the setup file from the website, the remaining stages in the setting process are the same as before. An example of the installation process for Kodi (v16) on Windows 10 is shown in the video below:
How to Install Kodi Version 16 on Windows
- The installation of Kodi on Windows 7 is quite similar to the installation of Kodi on Windows 10. Nothing more than visiting Kodi’s official website and navigating to the download part of the website to download the program onto your computer or laptop is required. Afterwards, start the setup process and follow the on-screen instructions provided by the installation wizard. Once the program has been installed, you may start Kodi TV on your computer and enjoy infinite internet streaming
How to Install Kodi on Windows 8.1
Kodi may be installed using any of the three methods listed below if you are running Windows 8.1 on your computer or device:
- The program may be obtained from the Kodi official website. Go to the Windows Store and download the application. Both of these techniques for installing Kodi on Windows 8.1 are identical to the methods for installing Kodi on Windows 10.
You may quickly configure Kodi by following the procedures outlined in the preceding part and streaming any movie, television series, sports, or live television using the methods described in the preceding section.
Can I Install Kodi on Windows XP?
The unfortunate fact is that Kodi discontinued support for Windows XP in April 2014. As a result, the most recent versions of Kodi are no longer compatible with Windows XP operating systems. According to the system requirements for Kodi v17 Krypton, you will require at the very least Windows Vista. As a result, if you are seeking for information on how to install Kodi on Windows XP, you should examine a few different options. One of these options is to transform your Windows XP computer into a home theater computer (HTPC).
Consider OpenELEC, which is a lightning-fast and simple-to-use Linux distribution that includes XBMC as a dedicated media center by default.
XBMC software older than 13.0 (versions prior to the 13.0 release) can be installed on Windows XP, on the other hand. However, keep in mind that you may not be able to use Kodi to its full potential and that some of the addons may not function properly.
Best Windows version for Kodi
Kodi is widely used because it is compatible with a wide range of operating systems. On Windows, Kodi’s performance is outstanding, and it is impossible to find a competitor. Kodi runs flawlessly on practically every Windows operating system, including Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. Another remarkable observation is that the vast majority of Kodi users choose to run the software on Windows computers.
How to Update/Upgrade Kodi on Windows
If you are using an older version of Kodi and need to upgrade, the procedure is the same as described above. This is due to the fact that Kodi does not have an automated updater as part of its software. Therefore, in order to update Kodi on Windows 10 or 8, you will need to download the most recent version from its official website and execute the installation procedure on your computer or device. When you upgrade from Kodi v16 Jarvis to Kodi v17, your settings and library are usually retained in most circumstances.
However, it’s a good idea to make a backup of all your data before installing Kodi on your Windows computer.
Method 1: Manually Backup Data
- Using the search bar, put “percent APPDATA percent kodiuserdata” in the box that appears after clicking on “Start.” Navigate to the ‘userdata’ folder and double-click it. Now, copy all of the files indicated in that folder to a different location as a backup copy
- Download the latest version of Kodi from the company’s website and install the program
- Check to see if your Kodi settings and library have been restored automatically by launching the application. If this is the case, then leave Kodi and copy the backup files back to the userdata folder
- Otherwise After copying the backup files into Kodi, restart the application and your previous settings should be restored
Method 2: Use Backup Add-on
Another option for backing up your Kodi playlist, settings, add-ons, and other data is to make use of a backup add-on for the media player. The following is the procedure for installing the add-on on Kodi v16 Jarvis: 3. Select ‘Get even more.’ from the drop-down menu. 4. Select ‘Backup’ from the drop-down menu. Installing the add-on is the next step. 6.Click on the ‘Open Settings’ button. 7. Click on the ‘Browse Remote Path’ button to specify the location where you wish to save the backup files, and then click OK.
Finally, pick Backup to save your current library and configurations.
Kodi on Windows Errors/Fixes
In most cases, this problem occurs when you attempt to access the repository’s source URL. The cause for this error is that the URL was entered incorrectly. Even though the URL is accurate, it is possible that you included a space at the end of the URL, resulting in this error.
Make certain that the repository URL you are entering is valid and that there are no spaces at the end of the url you are supplying. Additionally, verify your internet connection, since network connectivity can occasionally be a contributing factor to this problem.
Add-on Installation Failed
During the process of installing the add-on from the repository, you may see a notification appear, claiming that Add-on installation had been unsuccessful.
Check to see if the repository you’re using to install the add-on is operational and that its source code is still available. Such errors are caused by a problem with the repository.
Best Addons for Kodi on Windows
Even if you may discover hundreds of Kodi add-ons online and use them all, the following add-ons will be suitable for your needs if you are running Kodi on a Windows computer:
- Covenant, Exodus, Neptune Rising, Sports Devil, Oculus, Gurzil, Magic Dragon, Placenta, Uranus, and Dogs Bollocks are some of the titles available.
How To Install Add-ons on Windows PC
Add-ons are additional capabilities that are not normally included in the Kodi software. Those are either created by the Kodi team or by third-party service providers. Because of the growing popularity of Kodi and streaming, a large number of add-ons are now accessible on the market.
A number of add-ons are required to be installed on your Kodi machine. We have produced a separate tutorial for the majority of the popular Kodi add-ons so that you can learn how to install them.
Windows Alternate Devices For Kodi
- On Roku, Kodi on the Raspberry Pi, Kodi on the iPad, Kodi on Firestick, Kodi on Apple TV, Kodi on Xbox One, Kodi on Nvidia Shield, Kodi on Android TV, Kodi on Firestick, Kodi on Apple TV, and Kodi on Roku.
Already Tired Of Streaming On Windows?
If you are already tired with your computer or are considering cutting the cords to your television, you can get the most out of your entertainment by acquiring one of the finest Kodi boxes. There are a variety of these set-top boxes available in a range of configurations:
- Setup Kodi on Android, Linux, and live TV
- Fully loaded boxes
- And legal boxes are all available.
This brings us to the conclusion of our instruction on how to install Kodi on Windows. The entire procedure is straightforward, and by following the steps outlined above, you should be able to configure Kodi on Windows 10, 8.1, and 7. We’ve also shown you how to back up your data before upgrading to a newer version of a software application. Once you have successfully installed Kodi on your Windows computer and have begun streaming your favorite video, you may encounter an issue concerning geo-restrictions.
You will want a Kodi VPN in order to resolve this issue.
Did you find our instructions to be helpful?
Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
You should be using Kodi for Windows 10
Known as Kodi among cable cutters and digital media enthusiasts, it has been in existence for quite some time. The platform, which was derived from what was formerly known as Xbox Media Center (XBMC), can trace its origins back to Microsoft’s very first game system. Times have changed, and Kodi has progressed much since then. For the time being, the Xbox One will not be supported by the game because it is open source and available on a wide range of devices. Although Kodi is not officially supported by Microsoft on Windows 10, it can be installed on virtually any device that supports the operating system.
What is Kodi?
It’s been more than a decade since Kodi, an open-source media center application, has been updated and improved upon. One of the most comprehensive media centers available, it allows you to collect all of your material – films, music, and images — in one convenient location, with a user-friendly interface that you can tailor to your needs. A large number of third-party add-ons are also available for use with Kodi, some of which are legal and others which are not, and which allow access to a variety of streaming services.
One of Kodi’s most significant advantages is how simple it is to use.
With the release of version 17, Krypton, the new default skin adds a bit of beauty to the interface while also making it simple to browse across all screen sizes. More information may be found on the official website, Kodi.tv.
How to get Kodi on Windows 10
Kodi 17 using the default skin, which was downloaded from the Windows Store. The quickest and most convenient method of installing Kodi on your Windows 10 computer is to download it from the Windows Store. The most recent version has been completed and is ready to be distributed. All you have to do is download it (see the link below) and run it just like any other application. Kodi may be obtained via the Windows Store. Additionally, you may download it straight fromKodi.tvas a traditional.exe file, which is compatible with anybody who is not running Windows 10.
Kodi and Xbox One
Despite its Xbox-based roots, Kodi is not compatible with the current generation of Xbox One consoles. Unfortunately, this is not completely the responsibility of the Kodi creators, which is unfortunate. That doesn’t rule out the possibility of integrating Kodi and the Xbox, and the HDMI port on the back of the console allows you to cheat your way to a “one-box-for-everything” solution with no effort. We’ve put up a comprehensive guide to showing you precisely what you’ll need to do in order to utilize Kodi with your Xbox One: Learn how to utilize Kodi on the Xbox One in this video.
When you initially start Kodi, it will be absolutely devoid of any content. The media sources must be added manually, and the official Kodi repository contains a large number of legal add-ons that are ready to use straight out of the box. YouTube, Twitch, and OneDrive, as well as several services provided by cable TV networks, news channels, and the Smithsonian Institution, are examples of such services. Music and photographs may also be added to your Kodi system, so you are not restricted to just video content.
For Windows 10 Mobile users, there is no official app available in the same way that an Android app is available.
If you’re looking for a convenient phone-based remote, check out this third-party app: mrRemote for Kodi may be obtained through the Windows Store.
They’re inexpensive and provide excellent performance with Kodi.
You will not be required to create an account or provide any of your personal information throughout this procedure, which is straightforward.
If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission. http://www.cnn.com/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/c