- 1 How to Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 Computer : HelloTech How
- 2 How to Connect Your AirPods to a Windows 10 Computer
- 3 How to Disconnect Your AirPods From a Windows 10 Computer
- 4 How to connect AirPods to your Windows PC in a few quick steps
- 5 How to pair Apple AirPods with a Windows PC
- 6 How to pair AirPods or AirPods Pro with Windows 10
- 7 How to reconnect or disconnect AirPods with your PC
- 8 How to unpair your AirPods from your Windows 10 PC
- 9 How to Pair and Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 PC
- 10 How to Pair Your AirPods to Windows 10 Computers
- 11 How Can AirPods Connect to a Windows PC?
- 12 How to Fix Windows 10 Apple AirPod Sync Problems
- 13 How to connect AirPods to a laptop or PC
- 14 How to connect AirPods to a laptop or PC
- 15 Why can’t I hear anything through my AirPods?
- 16 Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting?
- 17 Do AirPods Pro and AirPods Max work on PC?
- 18 Are AirPods good for PC gaming?
- 19 Related articles
- 20 How to pair Apple AirPods with a Windows PC
- 21 How to pair AirPods with a Windows device
- 22 How to reconnect paired AirPods and a Windows PC
- 23 Our top equipment picks
- 24 How to connect AirPods to a Windows 10 PC
- 25 How to connect Apple AirPods to a Windows 10 PC
- 26 How to Fix AirPods When They Won’t Connect to a Windows 10 PC
- 27 Re-Pair the AirPods With Your PC
- 28 Toggle Bluetooth Off and On on Your PC
- 29 Use One AirPod at a Time
- 30 Disable Bluetooth on Your Other Devices
- 31 Use Windows 10’s Hardware Troubleshooter
- 32 Turn Off Swift Pair on Windows 10
- 33 Update Your AirPods’ Firmware
- 34 Roll Back a Windows Update
- 35 Resolve Connection Issues With AirPods and Windows 10
- 36 How to Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 Laptop
- 37 Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 Laptop
- 38 Use AirPods on a Windows 10 Laptop
- 39 Change Your AirPods Name on a Windows 10 Laptop
- 40 AirPods on Windows: Ready to Go
- 41 How to Connect AirPods to Your Windows PC the Right Way
- 42 Can You Connect Apple AirPods With a Windows Laptop or PC?
- 43 How to Connect Your AirPods to a Windows 10 Laptop or PC
- 44 How to Disconnect Your AirPods From Your Windows 10 Laptop or PC
- 45 What You’ll Enjoy When You Use AirPods With Windows PC
- 46 Drawbacks of Using AirPods With Windows Laptop or PC
- 47 Conclusion
How to Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 Computer : HelloTech How
Designed to function flawlessly with iPhones and other Apple devices, AirPods are a great addition to your collection. However, because they function in the same way as any other Bluetooth device, you may connect them to a Windows PC as well. If you require assistance with connecting these two devices, please see our step-by-step instructions on how to connect your AirPods to a Windows 10 computer, as well as how to detach them as necessary.
How to Connect Your AirPods to a Windows 10 Computer
When it comes to iPhones and other Apple products, the AirPods are meant to be as smooth as possible. As with any other Bluetooth device, they may, however, be connected to a Windows PC using the same procedure. If you require assistance with connecting these two devices, please see our step-by-step instructions on how to connect your AirPods to a Windows 10 computer, as well as how to detach them.
- Place your AirPods in their charging case to keep them charged. Close the case and take a few seconds to think about it. Keep in mind that the battery life of your AirPods should not be depleted too quickly. For optimal results, charge them till the battery level reaches at least 20% of the total capacity. For more information on how to check the battery level of your AirPods, please see our guide
- Then remove the AirPods from their case. Allowing the AirPods to remain in the case while connected to your computer is a good idea. After that, press and hold the button on the charging case until the LED on the case begins to flash. The circular button on the rear of your AirPods case is referred to as theSetupbutton by Apple. You will notice the LED light on the inside of the older AirPods case or on the front of the new AirPods Pro case
- Then, enter the WindowsStartMenu by pressing the Windows key + X key combination. This is the Windows icon located in the lower-left corner of your screen
- Then, selectSettings from the drop-down menu. The gear icon is located above the power button
- Then choose Devices from the drop-down menu. If you do not see this screen, try enlarging the window by clicking on the box symbol in the top-right corner of the window or by using the F5 key on your keyboard. You may also try clicking the home icon in the top-left corner of the window and then clicking Bluetooth or other devices if you are still unable to seeDevices. Adding Bluetooth or other devices will appear in the left-hand sidebar, but it should have be chosen by default
- Then click Add Bluetooth or other devices. This will be located at the top of the window, next to the plus symbol, and will be highlighted in red. Note: First, make sure that the Bluetooth slider is switched on in the Bluetooth settings. In any other case, you will not be able to connect your AirPods to your computer. Next, selectBluetooth from the list. When you select this as the type of device that you want to add, a list of available Bluetooth devices that are available to connect with will appear
- Once you select this as the type of device that you want to add, a list of available Bluetooth devices that are available to connect with will appear
- Then choose your AirPods from the drop-down menu. Ensure that your AirPods are connected to your Windows PC. In this case, you should receive an alert telling you that your device is ready to use. Finally, press the Done button. You may now remove your AirPods from their charging case and utilize them in conjunction with your Windows computer.
It is possible that once you have connected your AirPods to your Windows PC, it will be difficult to connect them to the rest of your equipment. If you want to make sure that your AirPods automatically connect to your iPhone or other devices before you connect them to your Windows PC, follow these steps to detach them from your computer:
How to Disconnect Your AirPods From a Windows 10 Computer
Using the Start menu, select SettingsDevicesBluetoothother devices in order to disconnect your AirPods from your Windows 10 computer. Then right-click on your AirPods and choose Remove device from the menu. Finally, confirm that you want to disconnect your AirPods from your Windows PC by clicking Yes.
- Open the WindowsStartMenu
- Then selectSettings
- Then clickDevices
- Then clickBluetoothother devices
- And finally pick your AirPods from the list that appears. You’ll find them under the Audio section. After that, choose Remove device. Lastly, choose Yes to remove your AirPods from your ears.
Check out our step-by-step tutorial on how to rename your AirPods if you want to make it easier to connect your AirPods to your device. The items and services that we write about are selected by the HelloTech editors. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission.
How to connect AirPods to your Windows PC in a few quick steps
- AirPods are designed to be used with the iPhone and iPad, but they may also be used with other devices, like as your computer. Then, open the case and push the button on the back for a few seconds to connect your AirPods with your computer. With Bluetooth Settings, you can then connect the AirPods to your computer in the same way that you would connect any other Bluetooth device to your computer. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
Apple’s AirPods are a pair of entirely wireless Bluetooth earphones that are optimized for use with iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad. AirPods, on the other hand, are compatible with a wide range of other devices, including Android phones and PCs. If you use AirPods with a PC, you won’t be able to use its Siri connectivity, as that feature is only available when the buds are linked to an iPhone or iPad, of course. For those who wish to use theirAirPods with a PC computer while they are not linked with an iPhone, here’s how to get them up and running.
Check out the products mentioned in thisarticle:
iPhone and iPad users will like Apple’s AirPods, which are entirely wireless Bluetooth earphones that are optimized for iOS devices. Although they are compatible with Apple devices, AirPods are also compatible with a wide range of other devices, including Android phones and computers. If you use AirPods with a PC, you won’t be able to use its Siri connectivity, since that feature is only available when the buds are linked to an iPhone or iPad, as previously stated. For those who wish to use theirAirPods with a PC computer while they are not linked with an iPhone, here’s how to get them up and running:
How to pair Apple AirPods with a Windows PC
IDGP Photographer Leif Johnson Airing AirPods or AirPods Pro with a PC isn’t quite as straightforward as it is with an iOS smartphone, but it is just moderately more complicated. You just pair the earphones with your computer using Bluetooth, which is a simple and quick operation under Windows 10. Simply follow the procedures outlined below, and you’ll be up and running in no time. Please keep in mind, however, that because they are an Apple product, AirPods and AirPod Pros have some limitations on Windows.
They are adequate for listening to audio, but they fall well short of the microphone quality available on iOS or macOS devices. Apple’s ear buds can handle Zoom conversations in a pinch, but we wouldn’t use them as your primary Windows headset unless you really had to.
How to pair AirPods or AirPods Pro with Windows 10
To begin, make certain that your AirPods are completely charged, with both earphones in the case and the lid securely closed on the case. Check to see if your Windows 10 computer is capable of operating Bluetooth devices as well. (The vast majority of current laptops, as well as pre-built desktop PCs from suppliers such as Dell and HP, come equipped with Bluetooth.) If your system does not have support, you may purchase a low-cost dongle like as this TP-Link one to enable that functionality.
- In Windows 10, go to the Settingsapp and click on it. In Windows 10, you can discover it by entering Settings into the search box and then picking the app from the list that displays. Its icon is in the shape of a cog. If you like, you may also simultaneously hit the Windows key and the letter I. ChooseDevices from the Settings menu
- TheBluetoothother devicespage will be shown as a result. To begin, make sure that Bluetooth is enabled by checking the toggle towards the top of the page. If it is, continue. If it isn’t already, turn it on
- Then selectAdd Bluetooth or other device
- A menu will appear, asking you which type of device you want to link with it. SelectBluetooth
- Open the cover with your AirPods or AirPods Pro in your hand
- Hold down the circular button on the back of your AirPods for three to eight seconds to activate the microphone. The charging light on your AirPods will gradually begin to pulsate white, indicating that they are charging. As soon as this occurs, lift your finger and return your attention to theAdd a device option
- Please be patient. Sometimes it might take a couple of seconds for the AirPods to become visible. The first time they’re used, they’ll most likely be recognized as “Headphones,” but later on, Windows 10 will recognize them as “AirPods Pro” (or whatever name you gave them on iOS, if you have an iPhone or iPad you previously used them with). You’ll receive a notice saying, “Your device is ready to go!” after selecting them.
Hold the button on the back of your AirPods or AirPods Pro in order to put them into pairing mode. Leif Johnson / IDGHHold the button on the back of your AirPods or AirPods Pro to put them into pairing mode. Your AirPods should be your default listening device as soon as you receive them. When you place them back in their case, Windows 10 will automatically switch back to the audio device that was previously selected.
How to reconnect or disconnect AirPods with your PC
The moment you put your AirPods back in your ears, your computer should recognize them and begin communicating with them. If they do not automatically link, you may manually connect them.
- When you put your AirPods back in your ears, they should immediately reconnect with your computer. If they do not link automatically, you can manually connect them.
It’s also possible to follow these identical methods to detach your AirPods from your PC if you wish to use them with an iPhone, iPad, or Mac that you’ve already linked with your computer. It’s important to remember that you’ll need to manually link your AirPods to your other Bluetooth-enabled devices while your AirPods are still associated with your Windows PC. PCWorld Take note that you may need to scroll down a little more in order to see the Audio portion of the website.
How to unpair your AirPods from your Windows 10 PC
It’s also possible to follow these identical methods to detach your AirPods from your PC if you wish to use them with an iPhone, iPad, or Mac that you’ve already associated with your PC. It’s important to remember that you’ll now need to manually connect your AirPods using the Bluetooth menus on those devices, even if your AirPods are still linked with your Windows computer. PCWorld Take note that you may need to scroll down a little more in order to see the Audio portion of the page.
- Open the Settings application and choose Devices. Scroll down to the Audio section and choose your AirPods from the drop-down menu. Remove the device from the list that appears in the pop-up window.
Please keep in mind that if you make a purchase after clicking on links in our articles, we may receive a small fee. For additional information, please see our affiliate link policy. Leif is a technology journalist residing in San Francisco. He is a huge lover of fantasy role-playing games, and you can find his prior work on IGN, Rolling Stone, VICE, PC Gamer, Playboy, Mac|Life, TechRadar, and a slew of other websites and magazines.
How to Pair and Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 PC
- Select All settingsDevicesBluetoothother devicesfrom the Action Center and follow the on-screen directions to pair your Airpods. As soon as the pairing procedure starts, press and hold the circular button on the charging case until the process is complete.
This article covers how to connect AirPods to a computer that is not an Apple computer via Bluetooth, as well as what to do if synchronization is not working properly.
How to Pair Your AirPods to Windows 10 Computers
The instructions in this article are applicable to any Apple AirPods and Windows PCs that have wireless capability, regardless of model.
AirPods may also be used in conjunction with Surface devices. For Windows computers, connecting Apple AirPods is the same as attaching any other Bluetooth speaker or headphones: follow these steps.
- The Windows Action Center will appear when you click on theAction Centericon in the bottom-right corner of the Windows taskbar. In the Windows Action Center, click on theAll settingsoption. While the Action Center is open, double-check to see if Bluetooth is turned on and working properly. In order for Bluetooth to function, the Bluetoothtile should be highlighted
- If not, choose the tile to activate it. Devices may be found in the Windows Settings. Select theBluetoothother devicestab on the left-hand side of the screen, then select Add Bluetooth or other devices from the drop-down menu. Bluetooth should be selected in theAdd a device window. Your Apple AirPods should display in the list as AirPods if you have them connected. To begin the pairing procedure, selectAirPods from the list. The cover of your AirPods charging case may need to be opened if your AirPods aren’t appearing. While the lid of the Apple AirPod charging case is open, press the circlebutton on the rear of the case to unlock it. The light on the charging case should shift from green to white as it charges. Ensure that you keep pushing the sync button firmly until the pairing is complete. Alternatively, if you see an error notice, click the sync button on the charging case before selecting the AirPods from the Bluetooth device list on your smartphone or tablet. Apple
- If everything is working well, you should get the message “Your device is ready to go!” Close the message by selecting Done.
How Can AirPods Connect to a Windows PC?
Apple AirPods link to any computer through Bluetooth, including laptops and classic desktop PCs running the most recent version of Windows 10. Following a successful connection, you may use the AirPods to listen to audio, record audio using the built-in microphone and change the level of the music or pause it using the touch controls.
How to Fix Windows 10 Apple AirPod Sync Problems
The following solutions should be tried if your Apple AirPods are not working on your Windows PC:
- Bluetooth should be turned off on all other devices. In the event that your AirPods have been associated with your iPhone, it is possible that this will interfere with your connection to your PC
- Thus, consider temporarily turning off Bluetooth on other devices. Remove the cover from the charging case. When the charging case’s lid is opened and the light on the charging case turns green, Apple AirPods are able to connect to devices. Opening it for a few seconds before removing the AirPods and inserting them in your ears may be beneficial.
If you are still experiencing difficulties, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Begin by opening an application such as Spotify on your Windows 10 computer and playing some music
- Replacing your Apple AirPods in their charging case and closing the lid for a few seconds should be sufficient. Submitted by Seremin / Getty Images
- Select All settings from the Action Center when it is opened. Devices may be found in the Windows Settings. Check to see if your AirPods are listed among the linked devices. Remove the AirPods from the charging case and insert one in each ear. Close the charging case lid. courtesy of John Edelson / Getty Images
- In the device list, pick AirPods, and then select Connect. The AirPods should have been successfully connected, and the audio should have been playing via them. Even if your Apple AirPods are still not producing sound, you may try opening All settingsDevices, selectingRemove DeviceunderAirPods, and then repeating the pairing process.
Thank you for informing us about this!
How to connect AirPods to a laptop or PC
Apple’s AirPods are fantastic — they’re small, they sound excellent, and they have an impressive amount of battery life, making them the ideal companion for listening to music, making video chats, and doing just about anything else on your laptop or PC. The question is, how do you link Apple AirPods with a Windows 10 device, specifically? After all, it doesn’t provide the same kind of seamless integration as Apple products. Good news is that it’s a rather simple procedure if you understand how to go about it.
- Despite their small size, Apple’s AirPods deliver excellent quality and provide hours of battery life, making them the ideal companion for listening to music, making video chats, and doing just about anything else on your laptop or computer. Is it possible to link AirPods with a Windows 10 device? That is the question. After all, it doesn’t provide the same kind of seamless integration as Apple products. However, if you understand how to go about it, the procedure is rather simple. Everything you need to know about connecting AirPods to a Windows 10 laptop or PC, including how to resolve typical problems, is covered in this article.
How to connect AirPods to a laptop or PC
You may connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer via Bluetooth, just like you would with any other Bluetooth device. However, you must first manually set the AirPods into pairing mode on your Windows 10 laptop or desktop computer. However, while the AirPods are compatible with any Bluetooth device, Apple’s smooth pairing method is exclusive to its own products.
- You may connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer via Bluetooth, just like you would with any other Bluetooth device. However, you must first manually set the AirPods into pairing mode on your Windows 10 laptop or desktop computer before you can use them. However, while the AirPods are compatible with any Bluetooth device, Apple’s smooth connection procedure is exclusive to its own products.
Why can’t I hear anything through my AirPods?
When you connect your Apple AirPods to your computer, your audio output should be instantly switched to the wireless buds, however this does not always happen automatically. A simple solution is available if you discover that your computer’s audio is still being routed through your speakers.
- Open sound settings by selecting Open sound settings from the context menu of the Sound icon in the toolbar in the bottom-right corner of your display. Then, under the Sound settings menu, pick the dropdown arrow next to Output and choose your AirPods.
If your audio is still not switching, try closing and restarting the application that is creating the audio. Some Windows applications’ outputs are not updated until the application is relaunched; this is true of some games, music applications, and even browsers. Although it is a Windows 10 nuisance, there is a simple workaround available.
Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting?
Bluetooth communication is really convenient, but it is not without flaws, and as a result, your AirPods may become disconnected from your phone from time to time. Putting your AirPods back into their case and shutting the lid for a few seconds is a simple method to re-sync them. When you put them back in, they should automatically re-sync with each other and with your PC; however, if this does not occur, you may need to manually reconnect using the Bluetooth devices menu. If you notice that your AirPods are disconnecting on a regular basis, it may be due to the number of Bluetooth devices that are linked to your computer or laptop.
It would be easy to resolve this issue by disconnecting any Bluetooth devices that are not presently in use and replacing them with wired (or 2.4GHz-enabled wireless) peripherals.
Do AirPods Pro and AirPods Max work on PC?
Yes, much like normal AirPods, AirPods Pro and AirPods Max are compatible with Windows 10 computers, and they have support for transparency and active noise cancellation (ANC). Connecting AirPods Pro is very comparable to pairing ordinary AirPods, however when it comes to the over-ear AirPods Max, you’ll need to hold down the noise control button for a few seconds before pairing mode will be activated.
Are AirPods good for PC gaming?
Despite the fact that the notion of utilizing Apple’s in-ear buds for PC gaming is appealing, the truth is that there is too much audio delay while doing so. The result will be that gunshots and other noises will be out of rhythm with what’s occurring on the screen, which will make a significant impact to the whole game experience. Instead, you’ll need the EPOS GTW 270 Hybrid wireless buds, which include a low-latency USB-C adapter that’s designed exclusively for wireless gaming performance.
- The best true wireless earbuds
- The best noise-cancelling headphones
- The best Bluetooth headphones
- Latest rumors about the AirPods 3
- Latest rumors about the AirPods Pro 2
Author: Lewis Painter, Senior Staff Writer
Lewis, our in-house Apple expert, covers everything from the iPhone to the AirPods, as well as a variety of smartphones, tablets, laptops, and gaming devices, among other things. He’s also a regular contributor to the Tech Advisor YouTube channel.
How to pair Apple AirPods with a Windows PC
Despite the fact that Apple’s AirPods are intended for use with other Apple products, this does not exclude you from using them with your Windows PC. Pairing AirPods with a PC isn’t very straightforward at first because you have to use the charging case in conjunction with the AirPods, but once you get the hang of it, it’s simple.
Products used in this guide
- The most recent generation of AirPods for your earholes: Apple AirPods Pro (from $234 on Amazon)
- Apple AirPods (from $234 on Amazon)
- Apple AirPods (starting at $139 on Amazon) are a more inexpensive option.
How to pair AirPods with a Windows device
Simple procedures must be followed in order to pair and connect a fresh set of Apple AirPods with your computer: 1.
- Incorporate the AirPods into their charging case and ensure that they are fully charged before continuing. To charge your AirPods, open the lid of your charging case (but do not take them out of the case). Using your finger, press and hold the circular button on the back of the charging case for a couple of seconds, or until the white light inside the case blinks
- Start by clicking on the Bluetooth icon in your system tray, which is located all of the way to the right of your taskbar, or by searching for “Bluetooth” in your taskbar search box and clicking on the”Bluetooth and other devices settings” option that displays when you do so. Windows Central is the source of this information. To add Bluetooth or other devices, go to the top of the settings page and select “Add Bluetooth or other devices.” On the next “Add a device” page, select Bluetooth from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. Windows Central is the source of this information. To access the AirPods, choose them from the list of discoverable devices. Windows Central is the source of this information. Once your AirPods and PC have been successfully paired and linked, you should get a connection confirmation screen within a few seconds.
- Keep in mind that if you receive a connection issue, you should close your AirPods case as well as your PC’s Bluetooth settings and restart the process described above
- Keep in mind that if you receive a connection issue, you should close the AirPods case as well as the Bluetooth settings on your PC and restart the process described above:
In the same way that connecting any other Bluetooth device to a PC is simple, connecting AirPods is simple. Put your AirPods back in their charging case and close the top when you’re ready to remove them from your device.
How to reconnect paired AirPods and a Windows PC
Every time you remove your AirPods from their charging case, they should automatically connect to your computer after a few seconds of inactivity. You may quickly rejoin them if for some reason they are unable to do so by following these simple steps:
- Start by clicking on the Bluetooth icon in your system tray, which is located all of the way to the right of your taskbar, or by searching for “Bluetooth” in your taskbar search box and clicking on the”Bluetooth and other devices settings” option that displays when you do so. Windows Central is the source of this information. Scroll down to the Audio section of the “Bluetooth and other devices” list and choose the AirPods item from the drop-down menu. Windows Central is the source of this information. Connect your AirPods to your PC by clicking the Connect button. If you’re wearing your AirPods, you’ll receive an audio confirmation, and the “Connected voice, music” message will appear beneath the AirPods listing in your Bluetooth settings screen. Windows Central is the source of this information.
If, for some reason, your AirPods still won’t connect, put them back in their case, exit your Windows Bluetooth settings, and repeat the procedure described above. For those who continue to have troubles with pairing, repeat the process, but on Step 3 select “remove” to unpair your AirPods and then start over with the pairing method described above.
Our top equipment picks
Simply having some AirPods and a Windows computer is all that’s required to link the two devices.
Apple’s top-of-the-line wireless earbuds Apple’s AirPods are probably best used in conjunction with iOS devices, or at the very least with other Apple PCs. However, because they use Bluetooth to connect wirelessly to electronic equipment, they are compatible with a wide range of devices, including Windows PCs, Android phones, and other mobile devices. They’re also simple to pair with and connect to, and they are the greatest earbuds Apple has to offer right now.
Older but still well worth a look
Everything but the “Pro” is excellent. For a pair of Apple’s AirPods, you are not need to purchase the company’s Pro model or to pay upwards of $200. However, you will not benefit from the active noise cancellation or sweat and water resistance of the AirPods Pro, but you will benefit from slightly longer battery life.
These ‘buds are still a respectable alternative. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission. http://www.cnn.com/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/c
How to connect AirPods to a Windows 10 PC
Muma Okgo’s Shutterstock.com photo was used in this illustration. You might be interested in learning how to connect your Apple AirPods to a Windows 10 computer or laptop. This is especially true now that Windows 10 has finally incorporated greater support for the widely used Apple AirPods, and because Windows 11 is anticipated to use the same support and mechanism as Windows 10. While AirPods have been able to connect to Windows 10 PCs for some time now, this upgrade should result in an improvement in the audio quality of the devices’ audio.
This is due to the fact that AAC is capable of delivering high-quality audio while using fewer file sizes, which makes it an excellent choice for those of you music streaming enthusiasts.
- Is it time for the AirPods 3? If demand for AirPods is genuinely decreasing, it is. How to restore the factory settings of AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max
- Skullcandy’s low-cost wireless earbuds are a good alternative to Apple’s AirPods.
Knowing how to connect your Airpods to your Windows PC will come in useful sooner or later, regardless of whether you’ve recently made the jump from the macOS environment or are simply enjoying the best of both worlds. Allow us to serve as your guide.
How to connect Apple AirPods to a Windows 10 PC
Regardless of whether you have the most recent Windows 10 Insider Preview build or not, you may connect yourApple AirPods or Apple AirPods Proto to your PC at this time. It’s the same process as attaching practically any other Bluetooth device, but we’ll walk you through the process just in case you need a refresher course.
- To begin, open the Settings app in Windows 10
- Then, click on the Start button. Following that, go to DevicesBluetoothother devices
- Turn on Bluetooth by selecting it from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. Select ‘Add Bluetooth or other device’ and then Bluetooth from the drop-down menu. Open the lid of your AirPods case and press and hold the button on the back of the case until the charging light begins to pulsate white
- Then close the lid. Eventually, your PC should recognize them (they may initially be identified as Headphones until the name you’ve assigned to the AirPods is loaded in)
After you’ve completed the steps above, you should be able to enjoy enhanced Bluetooth audio through your Apple AirPods.
- These are the most affordable AirPods bargains and offers available right now
Hamish works as a Staff Writer for TechRadar, having previously worked for the site as well as for Gfinity Esports as a freelance journalist. He has been writing about technology and gaming for a number of years, and he now uses his expertise to cover news and reviews across a wide range of topics on TechRadar’s website (from Computing to Audio to Gaming and the rest). You’ll most often find Hamish singing show songs while constructing Lego structures or playing D D with his friends in his spare time.
How to Fix AirPods When They Won’t Connect to a Windows 10 PC
Are you experiencing problems connecting your Apple AirPods to your Windows 10 computer? If so, read on. There’s a good chance that your PC is experiencing a small Bluetooth problem. Another possibility is that there is a conflicting nearby device, a problem with Windows 10 upgrades, or another factor. However, you may be more interested in learning how to address the problem than you are in discovering the source of the problem. Fortunately, there are a number of approaches you may take to potentially resolve your AirPods issue and enable them to communicate with your PC.
Re-Pair the AirPods With Your PC
If your AirPods are not connecting to your PC due to a small Bluetooth malfunction, try unpairing your AirPods from your PC and re-pairing them to see if it fixes the problem.
Most connection-related difficulties with your devices should be resolved as a result of this. You may unpair your AirPods from your Windows 10 computer by following these steps:
- To access the Settings app, hold down the Windows key and the letter I. In the Devices section of the Settings window, click Device. In the Devices section, select Bluetooth and other devices from the left-hand sidebar. Locate and click on your AirPods on the right-hand side of the screen. Select the Remove device option from the drop-down menu. To unplug your AirPods from your computer, select Yes from the window.
Following the unpairing of your AirPods, see ourhow to link AirPods to a Windows 10 computerguide for instructions on how to reconnect your AirPods to your computer.
Toggle Bluetooth Off and On on Your PC
It’s possible that the Bluetooth on your computer isn’t functioning as intended. This might occur for a variety of reasons, but the majority of the time it can be resolved by just turning off and back on Bluetooth. The Bluetooth connection will be restarted, and you will be able to connect your AirPods to your PC after that. To reactivate Bluetooth, follow these steps:
- Bluetooth on your computer may fail to function properly on occasion, as described here. This might occur for a variety of reasons, but the majority of the time it can be resolved by just turning off and back on Bluetooth. This provides Bluetooth a second opportunity to connect to your computer, and you can then connect your AirPods to your computer as before. To reactivate Bluetooth, perform the following actions.
Use One AirPod at a Time
Apple created the AirPods in such a way that you may use each one independently of the other. If you’re having trouble connecting your AirPods to your PC, try attaching only one AirPod at a time to see if it works better. No matter whether you’re attaching a single AirPod or both AirPods, the connection process will be the same. Simply remove one AirPod from its case, wait for your Windows 10 PC to recognize it, and it should automatically connect. Otherwise, put the AirPod back into its case and take the other AirPod out of the case to see if it helps.
Disable Bluetooth on Your Other Devices
The presence of competing Bluetooth devices in the immediate vicinity is a typical cause of most Bluetooth problems. If you’ve enabled Bluetooth on any of your other devices, such as your iPhone or Android phone, switch off the functionality on those devices and check if your AirPods are able to connect to your PC after that.
How to Disable Bluetooth on an iPhone
- Start by opening the Settings app on your iPhone. TapBluetooth
- Make sure that the Bluetooth option is set to “off.”
How to Disable Bluetooth on an Android Phone
- Using your mouse, drag down from the top of your screen and tap Bluetooth.
Use Windows 10’s Hardware Troubleshooter
Windows 10 has a number of troubleshooting tools to assist you in identifying and resolving problems with various components on your computer. Among other things, one of these troubleshooters can assist you in resolving a hardware issue, such as the one you’re having with your AirPods. In order to detect and solve problems with your computer’s hardware components, it is recommended that you run this troubleshooter. To make use of this troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- To open Run, hold down the Windows key and the R key at the same time. Enter the following into the Run box and press Enter: msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic (Microsoft Diagnostic Tool)
- To start the troubleshooter, select Run from the Hardware and Devices menu in the newly opened window. Troubleshooting your devices is as simple as following the on-screen directions.
Turn Off Swift Pair on Windows 10
Swift Pair is a feature in Windows 10 that allows you to quickly and simply connect to Bluetooth devices that are nearby. It is designed to make connecting to Bluetooth devices easier and faster. Unfortunately, although this capability is important for establishing Bluetooth connections, it may also be the cause of your AirPods’ inability to connect to your PC or other device. To rule out the likelihood of this happening, switch off Swift Pair on your PC and then check to see whether your AirPods reconnect:
- By tapping the Windows key and the letter I at the same time, you may open the Settings app in Windows 10. SelectDevicefrom the Configuration window
- SelectBluetoothother devicesfrom the left-hand sidebar
- And Scroll down to the bottom of the right pane and turn off theShow notifications option in order to connect using Swift Pair.
Update Your AirPods’ Firmware
By simultaneously tapping the Windows key and the letter I, you may open the Settings app in Windows 10. In the Settings box, selectDevice; then click OK. SelectBluetoothother devices from the left-hand sidebar; and To connect using Swift Pair, go down to the right pane and turn off the Show notifications option.
Roll Back a Windows Update
Windows updates are intended to correct current problems while also introducing new functionality to your computers. On the other hand, there are situations when they are the root cause of your computer troubles. In the case of AirPods not connecting to your PC after applying a Windows update, it’s likely that that particular update is to blame.
If this is the case, you may undo all of the changes that were done to your computer by the update by rolling it back. This does not result in any of your data being deleted from your computer. Here’s how you can go about it:
- Open the Start menu, type Control Panel into the search box, and then choose it from the search results
- Uninstall an application may be found under the Programs menu. View installed updates may be found in the left-hand sidebar menu. On the right, you’ll find a list of the updates that have been installed. The most current update in the list should be selected, and the Uninstall button should be at the top.
Resolve Connection Issues With AirPods and Windows 10
Using the steps explained above, you should be able to successfully connect your AirPods to your Windows 10 PC whenever you have connectivity issues. Changing a few settings here and there, especially when dealing with Bluetooth troubles, might often be all that is required to remedy the issue. The Apple AirPods don’t work with Windows 10 since the Bluetooth connection isn’t working. 10 Methods for Resolving Pairing Issues When Bluetooth fails to function, it may be quite annoying. These instructions will assist you in resolving any Bluetooth pairing difficulties you may be experiencing on Windows 10.
Mahesh Makvana is a musician from India (307 Articles Published) Mahesh works as a technical writer for MakeUseOf.
He enjoys demonstrating to others how to get the most out of their electronic gear.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive tech tips, reviews, free ebooks, and special offers! To become a subscriber, please visit this page.
How to Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 Laptop
Do you want to link your Apple AirPods to your Windows 10 computer? It’s quite simple and quick. Here’s how to do it. Your AirPods rely on Bluetooth to communicate with one another. As a result, if you happen to have a Windows 10 laptop lying around, connecting them should be a piece of cake. In contrast to the iPhone and Mac, you will not be able to use Siri or other AirPods-related personalization settings on your Android device. However, you may use them in the same way that you would use any other set of Bluetooth earbuds or headphones.
Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 Laptop
Do you want to use your AirPods to connect to Windows 10? Read on. There are no complicated steps. To do so, follow these steps: Bluetooth is used to communicate with your AirPods. You shouldn’t run into any problems connecting your devices to a Windows 10 laptop if you already have one. In contrast to the iPhone and Mac, you will not be able to use Siri or other AirPods-related customizing features. These earbuds and headphones are identical to any other set of Bluetooth earbuds or headphones in that they may be used in the same manner.
- Open the Startmenu and selectSettings
- Then selectDevices
- Then click OK. Select the Add Bluetooth or other device option from the drop-down menu. SelectBluetooth
- Open the AirPods’ charging case and press and hold theSetupbutton for a few seconds to get started. Instead, on the AirPods Max, press and hold theNoise Controlbutton for many seconds. Continue to hold the button until the status indicator turns white
- Choose your AirPods from the list of Bluetooth devices that appears after selecting them. ClickDone
Use AirPods on a Windows 10 Laptop
Once you’ve completed connecting your AirPods to your Windows 10 laptop, you’ll be able to use them to start listening to music immediately. If you need to switch between the AirPods and any other audio output devices, you may do so by selecting theVolumeicon from the system tray. Although you won’t be able to personalize the gestures on your AirPods in Windows 10, you should be able to do a double-tap on the first and second-generation AirPods to play and pause songs. In the case of the AirPods Pro, you may squeeze them to switch between Transparency Mode and Active Noise Cancellation mode.
When it comes to microphone compatibility with the AirPods on Windows 10, however, results are generally hit or miss.
If they are unable to assist you, you will be forced to utilize either the internal microphone on your laptop or an external microphone.
They should automatically reconnect as soon as you pull them out of the bag again.
Change Your AirPods Name on a Windows 10 Laptop
Assuming that you’ve previously used the AirPods on an iPhone or a Mac, when you attach them to your Windows 10 laptop, they should appear with the defaultAirPodsmoniker. In Windows 10, you have the option to modify this to whatever you like. Your modifications, on the other hand, will not be carried over to an iPhone or a Mac.
- To enter the Run dialog box, press the Windows key and R at the same time. Then, typecontrol printers and press the OK button. Right-click your AirPods and selectProperties from the drop-down menu. Navigate to theBluetooth tab. Modify or modify the name of the AirPods
- In order for the adjustments to take effect, place your AirPods in the Charging Case or Smart Case and then remove them again
AirPods on Windows: Ready to Go
When using a set of AirPods with a Windows 10 laptop, you can have a reasonably good listening experience. Everything should be alright as long as you are prepared to cope with any microphone-related complications. After that, how about figuring out how to pair your Apple AirPods with your Android smartphone? Yes, AirPods are compatible with Android devices: However, there is a catch! Do Apple’s AirPods work with Android devices? We demonstrate how to utilize your AirPods on Samsung and Android devices, as well as explore the advantages and disadvantages of doing so.
Dilum Senevirathne is a Buddhist monk who lives in Sri Lanka (34 Articles Published) A freelance tech writer and blogger, Dilum Senevirathne has more than three years of experience writing for and blogging for several online technology magazines.
Dilum has earned an Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting from the CIMA and the AICPA, among other certifications.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive tech tips, reviews, free ebooks, and special offers! To become a subscriber, please visit this page.
How to Connect AirPods to Your Windows PC the Right Way
Explore the simplicity of connecting your Apple AirPods to your Windows PC with this straightforward step-by-step instruction. AirPods, like the vast majority of Apple goods, are meant to function in unison with other Apple devices. AirPods can connect to any Apple device in a couple of seconds, making them the fastest wireless headphones on the market. It is possible that connecting your Apple AirPods to a Windows PC will be more difficult. When attending an online course, making video chats, or listening to music on your computer, you may be forced to hunt for alternative solutions because of this.
If you are currently in this scenario, this article will provide you with a straightforward remedy.
When these apparently incompatible gadgets are linked, we’ll go over what to expect and how to prepare for it all.
Can You Connect Apple AirPods With a Windows Laptop or PC?
Yes, it is possible to link your AirPods to your Windows PC! Despite the fact that AirPods are meant to interact with Apple devices, they function in the same way as any other true wireless headphones. This implies that you can use Bluetooth to connect your AirPods to any Windows 10 device. Please keep in mind that when your AirPods are linked to a device that is not an Apple device, some functionality may be lost. One of these features is the automated pairing function. When you remove your AirPods from their case, they will instantly connect to any Apple devices that are registered to your Apple ID.
In order to utilize your Airpods on your PC, you must complete a few more procedures.
Pro tip: Before you attempt to connect your AirPods with your PC, be sure that the Bluetooth driver on your computer has been updated. Drivers that are out of current can cause incompatibility, which can result in a variety of connectivity issues.
How to Connect Your AirPods to a Windows 10 Laptop or PC
If your Windows PC is equipped with Bluetooth, connecting the AirPods will be a breeze. It is possible to accomplish this by following the methods outlined below:
- Bluetooth is required for the AirPods to be connected to your Windows computer. It is possible to accomplish this by following the methods listed below:
If you’re still experiencing difficulties connecting, check out our dedicated tutorial on why your AirPods aren’t working properly.
How to Disconnect Your AirPods From Your Windows 10 Laptop or PC
As previously stated, AirPods work in the same way that any other Bluetooth device does. As a result, the procedure of removing them from your computer is not difficult. To accomplish this, follow the procedures outlined below:
- Then return to the Windows start menu and select the ‘Devices’ option
- This will take you back to the previous screen. Choose the ‘Bluetoothother devices’ option from the drop-down menu. Your AirPods’ name will appear on the right side of the screen under the heading ‘Audio.’ Locate your AirPods by selecting Audio device from the drop-down menu. Select the AirPods from the list and press the ‘Remove device’ button to remove them. Choose ‘Remove device’ from the drop-down menu
- Confirm your choices by clicking ‘Yes’ to eliminate the device.
What You’ll Enjoy When You Use AirPods With Windows PC
Apple’s AirPods are, without a question, the most compatible with iOS devices and Mac computers. However, if you connect it to a Windows laptop, you will still be able to take advantage of all of its premium features. You may use AirPods up to 30-60 feet away from your audio source and they will keep their capacity to stay connected to your source without experiencing any audio dropouts. The following are some of the benefits you may take use of while utilizing your AirPods with your Windows PC, aside from having a stable Bluetooth connection:
Active noise cancellation (ANC)
Apple’s AirPods Pro are equipped with the most advanced noise-canceling technology available today. They help you concentrate on what you’re listening to by blocking out the noise in your surrounding environment. It retains its functionality even when linked to a Windows laptop or computer. By pushing the force sensor on the stem, you may also switch to transparency mode, which allows a little amount of background noise to pass through. While listening to music, you are able to concentrate on your surroundings because of this.
Functional audio controls
When linked to non-Apple devices, AirPods retain their fundamental functions, which include the ability to stop, play, and skip music tracks, among other things. Manually activating the force sensor, on the other hand, is required — either once or twice, depending on the type of AirPods you have.
Although they are not linked to your Windows PC, AirPods provide a high-quality sound experience that is superior to that provided by the majority of standard wireless earbuds. Clarity, soundstage, bass extension, and treble extension are all sufficient to provide a concert-like rendition of virtually any musical genre.
Drawbacks of Using AirPods With Windows Laptop or PC
Apple AirPods and a Windows laptop Given that Apple’s AirPods are such a popular choice among consumers, it’s reasonable that they would not want to experiment with various earphones companies. The ability to maintain a constant listening experience, even while connected to a Windows laptop, may be your primary consideration when listening. However, you should be aware that connecting your Airpods to your Windows device has some limitations, which you should be aware of before proceeding.
However, while the music quality will not be affected, you will lose out on some of the key features that distinguish Apple’s Airpods as some of the most superior earbuds available on the market today. Some of the features that are lacking are as follows:
Automatic ear detection
It is possible to detect when one of the earbuds is withdrawn from your ear using sensors included into AirPods, which are incorporated into the device. In this instance, the music will be paused automatically by the automated ear detection mechanism. If both AirPods are removed from the user’s ears, the playback will switch to the speakers of the audio source. The functionality of your AirPods will be lost when they are linked to a Windows PC. Even if you are not wearing the AirPods, the music will continue to play in the background.
Single AirPod listening
When linked to an Apple device, each AirPod operates independently of the other. This allows the user to leave one AirPod in their ear while the other is in the charging case, allowing them to make hands-free calls. Unfortunately, when linked to a Windows PC, this feature is no longer available. The AirPods connect to one another in the same way that normal Bluetooth earphones do. Consequently, you will be unable to charge one Airpod while the other is connected to the computer.
Automatic device switch
Once you pair your AirPods with one of your Apple devices, the AirPods are instantly added to the list of all of your other devices that are signed in with your Apple ID. This implies that you will be able to switch between Apple devices even if you are using headphones. Unfortunately, Windows users will not be able to take advantage of this feature. This is due to the fact that the AirPods are reduced to regular Bluetooth devices, which means that you must reconnect with each and every device you use.
When you unplug your AirPods from your Apple iPhone and attach them to a Windows PC, Siri will be instantly turned off on your Apple device. Sending messages or making phone calls will be impossible to request from this digital assistant.
Battery life check
Most of the time, Windows 10 can display an estimated figure for the battery level of a connected headset. Next to the device name will be a value that has been assigned to the device. Unfortunately, the battery level of your AirPods will not be shown on your PC. This is true unless you use a third-party software, like as Microsoft’s MagicPods, to check the battery’s charge state on your device. If you want to get the most out of your AirPods experience, you might consider downloading the MagicPods app on your Windows 10 PC.
The process of connecting your Apple AirPods to your Windows PC is basic, as you can see here. You can now use the same set of AirPods for both your iOS and Windows devices without having to worry about the sound quality being compromised in any way. If your AirPods continue to disconnect from your Windows laptop despite the fact that you have followed the right pairing procedure, you should try diagnosing the problem by following a thorough instruction on why your AirPods keep disconnecting from your Windows laptop.
Consider whether you believe it will be easier to link your Apple AirPods with a Windows 10 laptop. Are there any actions you believe we should have taken? Make sure to leave a comment and tell us what you think.