- 1 How to record your screen in Windows 10
- 2 Record the screen
- 3 Get started
- 4 Record the screen
- 5 Review the recording
- 6 Upload screen recording
- 7 We’d love to hear from you
- 8 See also
- 9 The Easiest Way to Record Your Screen in Windows 10: A Step-By-Step Guide
- 10 1. How to screen record on Windows 10?
- 11 2. How to record video on Windows 10 or any PC?
- 12 3. BONUS: How to turn your screen recordings into professional videos in minutes?
- 13 Wrapping up –
- 14 FAQs
- 15 How to record your screen in Windows 10
- 16 What is the Xbox Game Bar?
- 17 How to record your screen in Windows 10
- 18 Adding your voice with a microphone
- 19 Keyboard shortcuts
- 20 Caveats and alternatives
- 21 How to Record Your Screen on Windows, Mac, or Chrome OS
- 22 How to record your screen on Windows using Xbox Game Bar
- 23 How to record your screen on Windows using PowerPoint
- 24 How to screen record your screen on a Mac using the Capture Tool
- 25 How to screen record your screen on a Mac using QuickTime Player
- 26 How to record your screen on a Chromebook
- 27 Multiplatform (Chrome extension)
- 28 How to record your screen on other devices
- 29 Alternative offline apps for professional work
- 30 OBS Studio (free)
- 31 Snagit ($50+)
- 32 How to record your screen on a Windows 10 computer and capture your computer’s audio along with it
- 33 How to screen record on Windows 10 using the Game Bar
- 34 How to screen record on Windows 10 using OBS Studio
- 35 How to Record Your Screen on Windows 10 with Sound [Free]
- 36 How to Record Your Screen on Windows 10 with A Native Screen Capture Tool
- 37 How to Record Your Screen on Windows 10 with Free Screen Recorder Software
- 38 How to Use Windows 10’s Built-in Screen Capture Tool
- 39 The Game Bar Isn’t Just for Gaming
- 40 How to Launch Screen Capture on Windows 10
- 41 How to Start Recording Your Screen
- 42 8 Best Screen Recorders for Windows 10 in 2021- Free & Paid
- 43 1. ActivePresenter
- 44 2. Windows 10’s built-in Game bar
- 45 3. OBS Studio
- 46 4. Flashback Express
- 47 5. Camtasia
- 48 6. Bandicam
- 49 7. Screencast-O-Matic
- 50 8. Icecream Screen Recorder
How to record your screen in Windows 10
(Image courtesy of Xbox) How many of you are aware that Windows 10 has a screen recording function called theXbox Game Bar? If you have a Windows laptop, you may use it to record video of your movements in virtually any Windows application, whether you want to capture games or make a lesson for someone who is new to Microsoft Office. To make things simpler for you, we’ve detailed a few straightforward methods for recording your screen in Windows 10 below.
- See the best Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts, as well as instructions on how to enable ‘God mode.’ This explains how to calibrate your display and shorten the time it takes Windows 10 to launch. How to mirror your screen to a TV or monitor while also extending the life of your battery
The screen recording tool is a component of the Xbox application, which is installed by default in Windows 10 by default. You can now capture screenshots and even create memes with the Xbox Game Bar, which has just undergone some significant changes to make it more useful. 1.Start the app that you wish to record using. The screen recorder tool, however, is unable to capture specific programs — such as File Manager — or the complete desktop; nevertheless, it does operate with ordinary desktop applications (and those from theWindows Store).
3.Click on the “Yes, this is a game” checkbox to enable the Game Bar to be shown.
- 4.To begin recording video, click on the Start Recording button (or press Win + Alt + R on your keyboard).
- That’s all there is to it!
- You’ll also find them in theXboxapp, under the Game DVR menu, where you may clip a video and post it on Xbox Live (if it’s a game), as well as in the Xbox website.
- Instead of using the record button, press the camera icon on the Game Bar or the Win + Alt + PrtScn key combination to start recording.
Record the screen
Screenshots are wonderful, but a fast how-to video might convey a more effective message in some cases. Microsoft Stream allows you to record brief screencasts of up to 15 minutes in length, which include your camera and microphone, without the need for any extra software or hardware. Important:In order to record your screen, you must be using the most recent version of Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome on Windows 10 or macOS. Learn about the browsers that are supported, as well as their restrictions.
- In Microsoft Stream, go to the Create Record screen and choose it. When your browser prompts you, choose AllowMicrosoft Stream to allow the streaming service to utilize your camera and microphone. If you chooseBlock, your camera and microphone will be turned off immediately. Enabling them is as simple as clicking the lock symbol in your browser’s address bar and selecting Allownext to the appropriate device. To configure your webcam and microphone, click on the Webcam or Microphone icons on the toolbar. You must make sure your USB camera or microphone is connected in and selected from the menu before you can start recording. Additionally, if you do not want your camera or microphone to be included in your recording, you may turn them off. You’re now ready to begin recording your session
- Choose which camera and microphone you wish to use for the recording. When you select your desired camera and microphone from the dropdown lists, the drawings in each dropdown list will be updated.
Record the screen
If you have chosen to share audio, the microphone will catch up on any sounds or background noise, such as typing. Please keep this in mind. Any physical movement detected by the webcam will be recorded, even if you have decreased the recording because you have chosen to share your camera with others.
- To begin recording, press theRecordbutton on your keyboard. Share material from your screen by selecting what you want to share (your full screen, an application window, or a browser tab) and then clicking the “Share” button. Select the option Share audio if you want to incorporate audio from your computer in your recording. If you’re running Mac OS X Catalina, you may need to enable screen recording rights in System Preferences to ensure that your recordings are properly captured. Learn more about the rights available in macOS Catalina. Wait for the recording to begin when the countdown has finished. Once you begin, the timer will indicate how much time you have left. Alternatively, you can switch to the program or window that you desire to record. Switch back to the Microsoft Stream screen recorder tab in your browser after you’re finished recording, or whenever you want to take a break. To continue working on other tasks while recording, open a new tab in your browser. If you need to do any activity while the recording is in progress, you must return to the screen that is being recorded. At any point, you may pause the recording of the screen, audio, and camera by selecting the Pauseicon. To resume play, use thePlayicontoResume button. When you’re finished, click Next to listen to your recording again.
Review the recording
- On this page, click on thePlaybutton to listen to the recording again. If you’re not pleased with the results and wish to try again, selectRecordagain. SelectUpload to Streamto go to the next step when you’ve finished editing your recording
Keep in mind that you may always cut the video after it has been uploaded and processed by the software.
Upload screen recording
The file you will get after you have recorded the screen will be yours to do with as you like. It may be uploaded to a favorite Stream channel or emailed to a coworker to share.
- Your video will begin uploading to Stream when you reach theUpload to Streampage. While you’re waiting, you can do the following:
- Keep an eye on the progress of the uploading
- Make sure to fill out the details form with the video name, description, and language
- Anyone who works for you will be able to see your video after it has been made publicly available. If you want to make the video available exclusively to you, uncheck the following checkbox: Allow everyone in your workplace to view this video
- It will benefit everyone. To configure custom rights, groups, channels, and other settings, choose Update video information from the drop-down menu.
- Following the completion of the upload, you have the option to publish or save your work as follows: a. Press the Publish button. Your video is now complete and available for viewing! ChoosingGo to Video will take you to the video page on Stream, where you may watch or share your video. If you want to trim your video after it has been processed, you may do so by selecting the Moreactions menu and then clicking Trim video. b. Select “Save as draft” from the drop-down menu. If you are not yet ready to post your video, you can still do so. Your video will be kept toMy ContentVideosin Stream, from which you will be able to upload it whenever you like
We’d love to hear from you
In order to let us know how Screen recording is functioning for you, please use the Feedback button located at the top right of the website’s page.
Upload a video to Microsoft Stream and edit the video’s metadata, settings, and rights. Support for screen recording in the browser
The Easiest Way to Record Your Screen in Windows 10: A Step-By-Step Guide
Creating tutorials is one of the many uses for screen recording, which can be found in a variety of applications. If a snapshot is worth a thousand words, then screen recording goes a step further by capturing the entire screen. In this post, we’ll teach you how to: 1. Screen record on Windows 10; and 2. Screen capture on Windows 10; and 3. Screen capture on Windows 10? What is the best way to record video on a Windows 10 or other PC? Third, learn how to transform your screen recordings into professional videos in minutes.
1. How to screen record on Windows 10?
When you use the built-in function – Game Bar – on Windows 10, you may capture what is happening on your screen. It was created primarily for the purpose of recording PC and Xbox gaming sessions, but it may also be used to record other applications or activities. First, make sure that Game Mode is enabled on your system: Step 1: Select settings from the start menu by pressing the Windows key + I. Step 2: In the Settings box, select the Gaming option. Step 3: Navigate to the Game Mode menu and select Game Mode.
- To access the Settings menu, go to the Start menu and select Settings.
- Background recording will be available under the Captures menu item.
- You’re now ready to begin recording your screen.
- This implies that after you’ve begun recording, you won’t be able to go to another window or use the ALT + TAB keyboard shortcut to navigate.
- With that out of the way, let’s get down to the specifics of how you may record your screen by utilizing the Game Bar.
- Close all other windows and make sure there isn’t any unwanted audio that will end up in your recording before you begin.
- This should cause the Game Bar to appear.
- Press Windows + Alt + R to start recording your screen after clicking the circle with a dot (or pressing Windows + Alt + R).
- The microphone will be used to record comments by switching on and off external noises.
- Step 5:To stop recording, use the stop button or the Windows key + Alt + R combination once again.
Step 6:A pop-up window will appear on the right side of the screen, stating that a game clip has been captured. By clicking on the pop-up, you will be able to see that your screen recording is saved in the ‘Captures’ folder in your File Explorer folder.
2. How to record video on Windows 10 or any PC?
Having discussed screen recording on Windows 10, let’s look at how you may record movies on Windows 10 or any other PC. Simply take these straightforward steps: Start by selecting the ‘Camera’ app from the All Apps list, which is also accessible from the start menu. Step 2: 2:After the camera is launched, there are two options to pick from on the right: photo mode or video mode. Click on the photo mode option to select it. You will be able to record for a total of three hours with this app. Step 3:Once you have done recording your video, it will automatically be stored to the Camera Roll folder on your computer.
Using this incredibly simple method, you can record your screen while also taking a video at the same time.
Take a look over here to discover InVideo’s selection of the top webcam recording softwares currently available on the market.
3. BONUS: How to turn your screen recordings into professional videos in minutes?
You’ve completed your recording as well as your screen capture. To really create an impact and go the additional mile, you should transform your screen recordings into fully-edited films that include music and text in addition to the screen captures itself. That’s where an online video editor, such as InVideo, may be really useful. Even if you’ve never edited a movie before, you can effortlessly make professional-quality videos in minutes using Adobe Premiere Pro. Following are some examples of how you may make a significant difference withInVideo: If you haven’t already, sign up for an InVideo account by clicking here.
- To upload media, either click on the “Upload Media” button or drag & drop your files into the editor’s center.
- A pop-up window will appear and ask if you want to reduce your video.
- And with that, your images are complete.
- To do so, click on the music icon on the left-hand side of the screen.
- The fifth step is to drag and change the timeline so that the music is in harmony with your text and graphic components.
Choose a typeface or a typography from a variety of available options. Step 8: Congratulations, you’re finished! You may either download the video or post it straight on your social media accounts.
Wrapping up –
Finally, you’ve learned how to screen record on Windows 10 and you’ve also discovered how to record movies on Windows 10 as well as other computers. Interested in learning more about the best webcam recording softwares for 2022? Check out this page, which goes into further depth on the subject. Lastly, if you have any further questions or would want to continue the topic, go over to theIV community, where you’ll be able to interact and learn from over 25K other designers and marketers that are exactly like you.
1. Is it possible to capture my screen on Windows 10 for no cost? You may record your screen on Windows 10 for free by utilizing the in-built application Game Bar, which is available in the Start menu. Up to 4 hours and a single program can be recorded at a time on your computer’s screen. Screen recording of your desktop or file explorer is not possible. 2. What is the location of screen recordings in Windows 10? By default, all of your screen recordings are kept in the Captures folder on your computer.
- Captures is one of the choices offered on the left-hand side of the screen.
- You may record your screen for up to 4 hours at a time with the Game Bar application.
- What is the best way to record video and audio on my laptop?
- The built-in camera will automatically record all audio while the video is being recorded.
How to record your screen in Windows 10
The ability to video record your screen has never been easier, whether you’re creating training for software or working on filming a highlight reel to share with your Discord community. Here’s how to video record your screen in a matter of minutes! The Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10 is here to assist you in your gaming endeavors.
What is the Xbox Game Bar?
A primary function of the Xbox Game Bar is to serve as a gameplay overlay, allowing you to quickly access screen capture and recording features as well as Xbox social functions without having to exit your current game or program. Even though it’s normally included in most Windows 10 installs, if you don’t already have it installed on your computer, you may get it through the Microsoft app store. Kevin Casper/International Development Group The Capture button is highlighted in the Xbox Game Bar.
(If you’ve already deactivated the Xbox Game Bar manually, you may need to reactivate it by going to StartSettingsGamingXbox Game Bar and selecting “Enable Xbox Game Bar.”.) It is expected that your screen will be covered by a grey overlay with a short menu bar featuring a few icon buttons for accessing audio controls, screen capture, resource monitoring, and Xbox social capabilities, among other things.
We’ve arrived in order to press the capture button.
How to record your screen in Windows 10
When you click on the “Capture” button, a new window with the label “Capture” will appear. There will be four key buttons on the Capture window’s toolbar:
- Take a screenshot
- Record the last 30 seconds
- Begin recording
- Toggle the microphone on and off while recording
Kevin Casper/International Development Group The Capture window is located in the Xbox Game Bar. APinbutton is also provided, which allows you to pin the Capture window to your desktop so that it remains visible and accessible even after you have closed out of the Overlay. This window will also inform you of which program is presently being recorded by the Xbox Game Bar, and it includes a link to a page that displays all of your captures captured by the Xbox Game Bar. As you may assume, clicking theStart Recordingbutton will immediately start the screen recording session on your computer.
Once you’ve finished recording, you may click theStopbutton, and the recording will be stored to your computer.
Your Login Name VideosCaptures TheRecord Last 30 Secondsbutton in the Xbox Game Bar allows you to save the previous 30 seconds of whatever you were doing in your currently focused application, which is useful when you do something really cool in a video game or encounter a bug in an application that you need to go back and fix later on.
Because the Xbox Game Bar is designed primarily for gaming, if it is not now recognizing a video game application, it will not be actively recording in the background for you to preserve those 30 seconds if you are not currently playing a video game.
Kevin Casper and the IDGA There are a variety of audio options.
Adding your voice with a microphone
With the Turn Mic On/Offbutton, you can collect sound through your default microphone, which is configured in your Windows sound device settings, which can be accessed and changed fast by choosing the “Audio” button on the main Xbox Game Bar.
There are keyboard shortcuts for all of these screen recording operations, just like there are for the Xbox Game Bar’s overlay!
- Recording may be started and stopped by pressing Win + Alt + R. While recording, use the keys Win + Alt + M to turn on or off the microphone. Record the previous 30 seconds by using the keys Win + Alt + G. Take a screenshot of this page: Print the screen by pressing the Windows key and the Alt key.
Caveats and alternatives
While the Xbox Game Bar option is accessible on every Windows 10 device, it may not be the most appropriate application for your needs in some situations. It is unable to capture the Windows File Explorer interface at this time. Additionally, it is only capable of recording in a single program at a time, so if you need to capture many windows, you may need to look for another solution altogether. The drivers and software that run on your graphics card may provide you with some recording and streaming choices, either through the recording and streaming options in AMD Radeon Software or through Nvidia ShadowPlay in GeForce Experience, for example.
Users of the free and open-sourceOBS Studiotoolset, which can be found on sites like as Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook, are quite enthusiastic about it.
Having the ability to document our digital experiences is becoming increasingly crucial, and the tools available to do so are becoming increasingly sophisticated.
Your Windows 10 PC is ready to assist you with some of your screen recording needs, whether you’re using it for business or for recreation.
How to Record Your Screen on Windows, Mac, or Chrome OS
Do you have to put together a how-to presentation for work? Do you want to have a good time with your pals while playing video games? Making a screen recording is a convenient technique to fulfill both goals. Since a result, the operation is less difficult than it appears, as built-in tools in Windows 10/11, MacOS, and even Chrome OS make it possible to complete the task. In this post, we’ll show you how to do it using native, open-source, and third-party technologies, all of which are free.
How to record your screen on Windows using Xbox Game Bar
Windows 10 comes with a built-in video capture tool, but it’s geared more for gaming than anything else. Although it may be used for any open program, it is particularly useful for screen recording, as it allows you to record the screen and even add audio if necessary. Keep in mind that all of the processes for Windows devices will also function on Windows 11, including the choices for using PowerPoint that are discussed below. Windows 11, on the other hand, will appear a little different from the pictures we are utilizing.
In order to make advantage of the Xbox Game Bar functionality, your PC must support one of the encoders listed below.
- AMD VCE
- Intel Quick Sync H.264 (Intel second-generation CPU or newer)
- Nvidia NVENC (most Nvidia GeForce 600 or newer
- Most Quadro K series or newer)
- Intel Quick Sync H.264 (Intel second-generation CPU or newer).
Click on the Startbutton, followed by the gear icon located in the Start Menu, to launch the Start Menu. As an alternative, you can right-click the notifications icon in the taskbar and select theAll Settingstile in the Action Center from the drop-down menu. Both of these methods will open the Settings app. Step 2: Go to the Settings app and select Gaming. Step 3:TheXbox Game Barsection should load by default. In the first paragraph, there is a toggle that should be set to On, as shown in the image below.
- Step 4: Select Captures from the drop-down menu on the left to view and adjust additional customization options as necessary.
- There are additional options to enable recording while projecting your screen, set a maximum recording time, and alter your audio settings and video quality settings.
- You may or may not see a prompt asking if the highlighted application on your screen is a game.
- Sure, it’s a lie, as Xbox Game Bar is meant for capturing gameplay, but this little fib extends this feature out to other applications.
- Step 6:The Xbox Game Bar appears near your screen’s top-center edge.
- Displaying widgets on the screen: Widget Menu
- Xbox Social: Gallery: Looking for Group
The Captureoverlay in the Game Bar should be shown by default. If this is the case, choose the camera icon on the Xbox Game Bar, as seen in the screenshot below. Please keep in mind that if your computer has more than one connected display, such as a three-monitor configuration, the Xbox Game Bar interface will show on the screen where you last clicked. Step 7: Make a list of all of the things you want to do. For the first time, click the roundStart Recordingbutton on theCaptureoverlay to begin recording.
Instead, you may use the Win + Alt + Rkey combination to start and stop recording when the Xbox Game Bar is active. During the capture process, all movies are stored asMP4 files under the VideosCapturesfolder under This PCin File Explorer.
How to record your screen on Windows using PowerPoint
Making a screen recording in PowerPoint is a reasonably simple process. The disadvantage is that you must have Microsoft’s desktop software installed in order for this to operate — as well as a Microsoft 365 subscription. This does not function with the online-only version of the application. Start by opening a PowerPoint presentation and selecting Insert from the menu bar, followed by the Screen Recordingbutton situated on theMediapanel on its far right. Step 2: The screen dims to white and a toolbar appears along the top-center border of your screen, as shown in the image below.
- This is followed by a red dashed line around the target region, which is subsequently devoid of any white transparency.
- Third, click theRecordbutton or concurrently press the Windows + Shift + R keys on your keyboard.
- To put a stop to the capture, click on the squareStopbutton.
- Step 5: To save your recording, simply follow the on-screen directions.
- After that, your editing and control choices are severely restricted, but PowerPoint is a terrific tool for quick-and-dirty recording — especially if you’re preparing for a presentation that’s just around the corner.
How to screen record your screen on a Mac using the Capture Tool
With MacOS Catalina and newer, you have access to a native capability that allows you to record your screen and snap screenshots of it. Here’s how it’s done: Step 1: To bring up the screenshot toolbar, press Shift + Command + 5 at the same time. Step 2:A toolbar appears on the screen, consisting of two sets of buttons: three on the left for taking a screenshot and two in the centre for recording a video of the desktop. It also has buttons for Options and Capture(or Record). Step 3:Click theRecord Entire Screenbutton (on the left) or theRecord Selected Portionbutton (on the right), then the Record button (which substitutes the Capture button if the tool was initially in screenshot mode), which is situated on the right.
As an alternative, hit the keys Command + Control + Esc.
How to screen record your screen on a Mac using QuickTime Player
If you’re using a version of MacOS that is older than Mojave, you may always use QuickTime Player to record basic screen activity as well as audio recordings for later editing. The recordings made using QuickTime are not easy to edit, but they are one of the quickest and most straightforward methods of recording available. Please keep in mind that QuickTime Player is also available on Catalina and Big Sur islands. Step 1: Select QuickTime Player from the Launchpad and launch it. If you still can’t find it, look under the Launchpad’sOtherfolder.
- Step 3: Select the New Screen Recording option from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Accept the prompt and continue.
- It is possible that you may need to restart QuickTime Player.
- Step 5: When QuickTime resumes, select File > New Screen Recording from the drop-down menu.
- Adding or removing mouse clicks, using the built-in microphone, and specifying the video’s destination are all available through the Click menu option.
- To complete the process, scroll to the menu bar and select theStop Recordingbutton, as seen in the screenshot below.
In order to save your recording, select Filefrom the menu bar and then Savefrom the drop-down menu. To save the recording, select an acceptable save place (if you haven’t already done so) and give it a name, then clickSave to confirm.
How to record your screen on a Chromebook
Google has released a native screen recording tool for Chrome OS that does not need users to upgrade to the beta version. Google’s screen recording tools are always being updated with new features as new technology becomes available. Step 1: Log into the Chrome OS desktop environment. Hold down the Shift key and the Ctrl key while pressing the Show Windowsbutton (which looks like a box with lines beside it). 2nd step: From the pop-up menu, select the Screen Capture option. Third, the screen dims and a toolbar emerges at the bottom of the screen.
- Draw a box around the area on the screen you wish to capture by pressing and holding the mouse button or the touchpad for a few seconds.
- Screenshot is selected as the default option for the screen capture tool in Step 4.
- Then click the Recordbutton, which should be centered within the chosen region.
- It is set as default that the captured video is saved to theDownloadsfolder in the WebM file format as a Screen recording.
Multiplatform (Chrome extension)
It’s possible to use a Chrome plugin called Screencastify to accomplish the same results as the three native options stated above if you don’t care for them. The following are the instructions for installing and using it: Step 1: Navigate to the Screencastify item in the Chrome Web Store and click theAdd to Chromebutton, followed by theAdd Extensionbutton in a pop-up window to install the extension. The second step is to click on theScreencastifyicon, which is found next to the address bar. If the icon does not appear automatically, you will need to select theExtensionsicon (which looks like a puzzle piece) and then select the pin icon next toScreencastifyin order to pin the extension’s icon next to your address bar.
- Create a Screencastify account by signing in with your Google Account and following the on-screen instructions.
- Step 5:Click the blueEnable Toolsbutton, which will open a pop-up box with the word Allowwin it.
- There will be a drop-down menu shown.
- Step 8: If necessary, enable the microphone and/or webcam on your computer.
- Step 10: Press the blueRecordbutton to start the recording.
- Note: If you chooseDesktop, the following page will offer you to chose whether you want to use your whole screen or just a single program window.
- It’s also possible to halt the recording and start afresh, as well as to erase what has previously been captured.
Step 12:You may now modify the video, share it with others, download it, and perform a variety of other things. When you click the text field to the left of theOpen in Editorbutton, you may make changes to the name. By default, the movie is saved to your Google Drive account.
How to record your screen on other devices
The ability to record your screen is not confined to PCs. On mobile devices, you can do the same thing. You’re looking for instructions on how to record your screen on an iPhone or Android device. Check out our tips on how to record screen on Android devices and how to record screen on iPhone devices.
Alternative offline apps for professional work
Choosing one of the applications listed below will provide you with a more enhanced recording experience from an app that is expressly created for more professional — and gaming-oriented — footage.
OBS Studio (free)
OBS Studio is an open-source screen-recording application that is one of the most powerful and publicly accessible screen-recording applications. It contains built-in streaming capabilities for people who wish to record in front of a live audience. OBS Studio has more features than some freemium programs, however it takes a little longer to set up your own personal preferences than other freemium apps. But it remains the greatest of the free screen-recording apps now available, and it is still the most popular.
Snagit is more interested in startups than in gaming. It comes with a slew of recording options that are designed particularly for usage in a professional situation. You may utilize Snagit to assist you in putting up your next training presentation, as well as to show a concept or a new process. A screen recorder, screenshot annotations, templates, and the ability to produce video from a sequence of screenshots are among the tools available. It does come at a cost of $50, but if you don’t mind forking out the cash, the additional features make it worthwhile.
- How to make your PC compliant with TPM 2.0
- A critical Mac update resolves an issue in Safari that was leaking user data. How to enable Low Power Mode on a Macintosh computer. The M2 MacBook Pro will be updated and released in late 2022. Update your Mac immediately to prevent a vulnerability from granting full access to espionage applications.
How to record your screen on a Windows 10 computer and capture your computer’s audio along with it
- If you have Windows 10, you may record your screen by utilizing the Game Bar or a third-party program such as OBS Studio. Upon booting up your computer, the Windows Game Bar will appear, which can be accessed by hitting the Windows Key + G combination. You may record your screen, the audio from your computer, and other things with OBS Studio, which is a free application. More stories may be found in Insider’s Tech Reference collection
- Click here.
There are a variety of reasons why you might wish to record your screen while using Windows 10, whether for business or for entertainment. Fortunately, Windows allows you to produce screen recordings fast and easily using the Game Bar, as well as more in-depth movies using programs such as OBS Studio. Here are two simple — and completely free — methods for recording the screen of your computer.
How to screen record on Windows 10 using the Game Bar
In all new versions of Windows 10, the Game Bar is an app that is included for free and is intended to assist players in keeping track on the overall performance of their computer. However, even if you are not a gamer, you may easily record your screen using the software’s screen recording capability. 1.Start by opening whatever it is that you want to record on your computer. This may be anything from a web browser to a game to an application to a folder or even simply your desktop. Next, launch the Game Bar by hitting the Windows key plus Go on your keyboard at the same time.
- If it isn’t already there, navigate to the lengthy toolbar at the top of the screen and select the icon that looks like a webcam from the drop-down menu.
- Business Insider photographer Emma Witman 4.In the Capture box, select the white circle symbol to begin recording your screen.
- 5.If you wish to record your own voice, you can do so by clicking on the microphone icon, which will start recording audio from the default microphone on your computer.
- Business Insider photographer Emma Witman To pause recording, click the pause symbol on either the recording timer or the Game Bar menu, whichever is most convenient for you.
- You’ll be able to locate the new screen recording in the “Videos” section of your computer’s “Captures” folder.
Additionally, by accessing the Game Bar and selecting “Show all captures,” you may locate your captured object. You may view the location of the video on your computer by selecting “Open file location” from the drop-down menu underneath the video. Business Insider photographer Emma Witman
How to screen record on Windows 10 using OBS Studio
There are plenty of programs available for Windows that allow you to record your screen. OBS Studio, on the other hand, is a free, professional-grade tool that is ideal for anyone who needs to record on a regular basis. Opening the game or program you wish to record on Windows 10 is the first step. Afterwards, if you haven’t previously done so, download and run the OBS Studio application. (2) In Open Broadcasting System, there is a window named “Sources” at the bottom of the screen. Select “Display Capture” from the drop-down menu after clicking the “+” symbol.
- You may also select “Window Capture” if you’d want to record a single app without recording the entire screen.
- You’ll be asked what you want to call the source when it’s revealed.
- If you wish to give it a unique name, pick “Create New,” enter in a name, and then click the OK button on your keyboard.
- In the event that you have several monitors, choose which one you want OBS to record and whether or not you want the mouse pointer to be recorded as well.
- If you record the monitor on which OBS is running, your preview will consist of an unending series of recording windows, as shown below.
- The “+” indicator appears when you go back to the Sources box after adding audio from the PC.
- 6.Name your audio source once more, or keep it as the default setting.
The Audio Mixer, which can be found at the bottom of the screen, will display the volume of your audio sources.
After you’ve finished setting up everything you want to record, click “Start Recording” in the “Controls” window on the right.
When you’re finished, use the “Stop Recording” button.
Business Insider photo courtesy of William Antonelli The video will be saved to the “Videos” folder on your computer without your intervention.
She has a particular interest in writing about hardware, PC gaming, politics, and personal finance.
She has also written extensively on the subject of bartending for Insider, where she formerly worked as a crime writer for a daily newspaper. When she is behind the bar, she may or may not make a judgment on your drink order. EM WITY may be found on Twitter at @emwity.
How to Record Your Screen on Windows 10 with Sound [Free]
What if you don’t know how to capture your Windows 10 screen? This section will provide you with two fast approaches that are both simple, free, and do not need the acquisition of any new skills. Screen recording on Windows 10 is a convenient way to share information or create lesson films, which is especially valuable for young people who want to share content with others through a variety of social media channels. To record the screen, you’ll need the best equipment possible to assist you. What is the best screen recorder software to use on Windows 10 to record the screen?
The post demonstrates two simple methods for recording your screen on Windows 10 for free.
Another option is to use a professional screen recorder to record screen in multiple formats, ratios, and quality.
How to Record Your Screen on Windows 10 with A Native Screen Capture Tool
Even after having used the Windows 10 operating system for a long time, some users are unaware of the existence of a built-in screen capture tool – the Xbox Game Bar. As its name implies, it is primarily intended for gamers who like to capture gameplay footage from video games. Despite this, it is simple to use and performs well in the vast majority of apps that are used as screen recorders. Let’s have a look at how to locate the native screen capture tool on Windows 10 and how to record screen on Windows 10 using that tool.
- Step 1.To access the Settings, click the Start button at the bottom of the screen, followed by the Gear symbol.
- After that, the Xbox Game Bar area is automatically loaded.
- If it says “Off,” click the toggle to the right to activate the video capture function.
- Then follow these instructions to resolve the problem of “how to record your screen on Windows 10” using the Xbox Game Bar.
- The program does not record all of the actions that take place on Windows 10.
- In order to begin, hit the shortcut key to open the Xbox Game bar, keeping in mind that you must first open the program that you wish to record.
- Afterwards, you might follow the instructions to instantaneously record the screen in Windows 10.
- Step 2:To begin recording your screen in Windows 10, click the Start Recording option (or enter the shortcut key Windows Key + Alt + R).
- Three: On the top right of the computer screen, you will notice Capture Status, which will show you how long has passed since the recording was started.
- The video you’ve captured may be viewed by pressing the Windows Key + G and opening the Xbox Game bar.
The MP4 format is used to store these videos. The Captures subfolder inside the Films folder in Windows 10 is another location where you may discover your captured videos in the operating system. The following are disadvantages of using the Screen Capture Tool:
- It is not possible to record the entire screen or to define the resolution to capture
- It is not possible to halt the recording while it is taking place. Video editing capabilities are limited. In some cases, Windows desktop users will be unable to use some gaming capabilities.
How to Record Your Screen on Windows 10 with Free Screen Recorder Software
We offer a professional and free screen recorder for Windows 10 to assist you in recording screen and sound on Windows 10 with more choices and flexibility (suited for other Windows operating systems too). ITop Screen Recorder is a screen recorder that is completely free to use. Screen Recorder for Windows is a high-quality service that records video with high-definition visual performance without lagging on the frame. It is designed to record your screen on Windows, including Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
You have the ability to capture HD recordings with no watermark and no duration restriction.
- Make a screen recording that includes sound. When you first launch the program, you have the option of recording system noises, microphone sounds, and mouse clicks. All sounds can be captured in their entirety
- Capture the screen in order to record more freely. The screen recorder provides four options for selecting the screen region to record: the entire screen, a specified region, a preset ratio (4:3 and 16:9), and a custom ratio. Support for a wide range of output and conversion formats. After recording, you have the option of saving the video in one of more than 12 formats that are compatible with most common digital devices. Audio may be stored in a variety of formats, including MP3, AAC, and others. More than that, it aids you in converting a video to whatever format you choose, including HD video. After you’ve recorded your video, you may edit it. iTop Recorder is capable of much more than just recording. Following the completion of the recording, you may use the Alter button to edit the video using basic editing features and save it immediately. Every single frame is exactly what you’re looking for
- Upload videos to social media channels as soon as they are finished. Uploading a movie is as simple as right-clicking it and selecting “Upload.” You may share a video recorded using the Screen Recorder on major social networking networks such as YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook with others. Google Drive and Dropbox are two options.
Following that, we’ll walk you through the process of recording your screen on Windows 10 using iTop Screen Recorder.
Steps to Record Your Screen on Windows 10 with iTop Screen Recorder
Step 1: Obtain a free copy of iTop Screen Recorder for Windows 10 or other Windows versions, then install it immediately after downloading it. Step 2: Launch the recorder and customize its settings. More options are available by selecting the Settings button, which allows you to select the video size, format, frame rate, and quality. In addition, you may choose the audio format and frame rate. Step 3:Start the screen recording process on Windows 10 by clicking the red circle record icon in the bottom right corner.
Press the F10 key to pause the recording, then the F9 key to stop it.
You can see all of your recorded videos in the video list, and you can modify a video by selecting it and clicking the edit icon.
“How to record screen on Windows 10” is a straightforward question with an obvious answer. When you want to record your screen on Windows 10, the built-in screen capture tool is really easy. However, if you are looking for a screen recorder program that will allow you to create a professional-looking screencast, iTop Screen Recorder is the finest option. It is compatible with all Windows versions and allows you to capture high-quality films without spending a single dime. To learn how to record your screen on Windows 10 and share it with others, download it for free right now.
How to Use Windows 10’s Built-in Screen Capture Tool
Windows 10 has the ability to record a video of your screen without the use of any other applications. The following steps will show you how to locate and utilize Windows 10’s simple Capture application to record your screen.
The Game Bar Isn’t Just for Gaming
The Xbox Game Bar has a screen capture feature that is integrated into Windows 10. Despite what the name indicates, the Game Bar serves a variety of functions other than gaming. In this article, we’ll show you how to use it to record screen recordings. With this program, you may record a video of your desktop in the H.264 MP4 format.
RELATED: The New Game Bar in Windows 10 has six excellent features. The “Capture” widget, which can be accessible using the “Widget Menu” feature of the Game Bar, has the ability to record a screen. You’ll need Windows 10’s May 2019 update or later to be able to access the Widget menu.
How to Launch Screen Capture on Windows 10
To begin, hit the Windows key plus G to bring up the Game Bar. Another option is to access the Start menu and select the “Xbox Game Bar” program from the list of options. The Game Bar overlay should display if you go to SettingsGamesXbox Game Bar and choose it.) Check to ensure that the Game Bar is turned “On” in this location. It’s also worth checking out the keyboard shortcut—you can change the key combination that opens the game bar to any key combination you like instead of Windows+G.) See if you can find the “Capture” window in the Game Bar overlay screen.
It seems to be a series of lines with bullet points to the left of each line.
It is possible that the “Capture” shortcut is also located on the Game Bar toolbar.
How to Start Recording Your Screen
Look for the “Capture” widget window in the overlay to complete the capture. The Capture widget has four buttons, which are listed below (from left to right):
- Snapshot: This command captures a screenshot of the currently active window. Take note of the last 30 seconds: Records the preceding 30 seconds and saves it as a recording
- Start the recording by pressing the following button: Starts the recording of the currently active window
- Turn on the microphone while you’re recording: If you activate this option, Windows 10 will collect audio from your computer’s microphone and include it in the recording
- Otherwise, it will not capture audio.
You’ll see that there is text beneath the buttons. This is how you’ll know which window is now active, and hence which window will be recorded. For example, if you’re browsing the web, the title of the currently active tab will be shown. Choosing whether or not to utilize your microphone before beginning to record your screen is important since it might be handy if you’re attempting to explain anything on the computer screen. Following that, simply press the Start Recording button. The screen recording will begin, and you’ll notice a small toolbar appear in the corner of the screen when it’s finished.
- When you’re finished, press the Stop button to bring the recording to a close.
- Your recording will be at the top of the list when it is played again.
- As a default, these recordings are kept in your Windows user folder, which is located at C:UsersNAMEVideosCaptures by default.
- To adjust these keyboard shortcuts, go to SettingsGamingXbox Game Bar and choose Customize.
“width: 650 pixels; height: 361 pixels src=”onload=” src=” onload=” pagespeed.lazyLoadImages.loadIfVisibleAndMaybeBeacon(this);” onerror=” pagespeed.lazyLoadImages.loadIfVisibleAndMaybeBeacon(this);” onerror=” this.onerror=null;pagespeed.lazyLoadImages.loadIfVisibleAndMaybeBeacon(this);”> That’s all there is to it!
You have it now.
8 Best Screen Recorders for Windows 10 in 2021- Free & Paid
(This page was last updated on December 4, 2021.) To record your screen, you’ll need a screen recorder or screen capture software – which are both just different names for the same tool that captures screencasts and may also include video editing capabilities.
Consider the eight top screen recorders for Windows 10 (both free and paid), and choose the one that best suits your requirements.
Atomi Systems’ ActivePresenter is a screen recorder and video editor that does it all in one package. YouTubers, video producers, educators, and trainers who are looking for video demos, how-to videos, and step-by-step instructions are the most enthusiastic users of the site. ActivePresenter is a screen recording and video editing application that includes practically all of the capabilities and effects that one could possibly want. When using free features, the free edition of ActivePresenter is completely unrestricted and does not include a watermark.
Following the capture process, you will have the ability to trim, clip, and divide your recording, as well as modify the pace and loudness, as well as add closed captions, comments, animations, and other effects.
- Record the entire screen, a window, an area, a camera, a microphone, and the sound of the computer
- Include a video editor that can be used to edit videos that have been taken or that have been imported. Trim, cut, divide, alter speed / volume, add closed captions, zoom-n-pan, annotations, multimedia, transitions, animations, and more are included in the basic video editing tools. Advanced video editing tools include: blur effect, green-screen effect, audio fade in/out, noise reduction, and audio normalization, among others. Software simulations should be recorded with automated annotations. There is no time limit and there are no advertisements.
- It is not permitted to schedule recordings. However, there is a solution for the lack of a video cropping capability. Only in 64-bit mode
2. Windows 10’s built-in Game bar
The fact that Windows 10 comes pre-installed with a Game bar for anyone who wishes to capture game clips and images may surprise you. It goes without saying that this Game bar can only be used to record applications; it cannot capture the entire screen or a specific section. This is understandable given that it is intended for game capture. Despite the fact that the Game bar is accessible on all Windows 10 PCs, your computer’s video cards must fulfill the hardware requirements in order to record game clips and the screen.
- To access the Game bar, press WINDOWS+G at the same time. The check box “Yes, this is a game.” should be selected only if necessary. To start and stop a recording, press theStart/Stop Recordingbutton on the control panel. If you choose, you can use the Turn Microphone On/Offbutton to turn the microphone on and off. After you’ve recorded your video, you may edit it or rename it via the Xbox app. If you choose to save your video, it will be stored in the Captures folder, which is located by default in your Videos folder.
- It is convenient to use because it does not require the installation of any software. While recording, you may toggle the microphone on and off. After the video has been recorded, trim the beginning and conclusion of the video. There is no watermark, there is no time limit, and there are no advertisements.
- It is not possible to record the entire screen, use the webcam, or set a capture resolution. Using the Game bar, you may create a screencast at a resolution equal to the size of the target application. There is no “pause” button for recording
- Video editing capabilities are limited.
3. OBS Studio
Free video recording and live streaming software, OBS Studio is available without a watermark or a time limit on its use. Hardcore gamers use it to broadcast their live gaming footage, and it is their favorite method of doing so. OBS Studio allows you to record not just the full display or a window, but also video and audio from a camera and microphone. Regarding streaming, the tool allows you to choose which desktop apps and audio sources should be shared, and it also allows you to build layered films for camera use.
A different tool will be required for editing your recorded video once it has been captured.
- Record the entire screen, a window, an area, the camera, the microphone, and the computer sound
- Stream to platforms such as Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, DailyMotion, and others
- Image masking and blending
- Color correction
- Green screen
- Noise reduction
- Audio normalization
- And other effects
- A variety of filters for scenes, sources, and audio devices. Audio mixer with intuitive controls
- There is no watermark, there is no time limit, and there are no advertisements.
- There is no “pause” button for recording
- There is no in-built video editor. It may be difficult to use for beginners.
4. Flashback Express
Flashback Express is a free tool that allows you to record your screen, camera, and noises. It neither limits the amount of time that may be recorded nor adds a watermark to the output videos. In the event that you are using this program on a multi-monitor system, you have the option of recording displays across several monitors or restricting the capture to a single monitor. The ability to start and stop recording at specific times or when a specific program is launched is also available through the usage of scheduled recordings.
The free version does not have any video editing options, comments, or effects, but the paid version includes.
When it comes to sharing, users may save videos as MP4, AVI, or WMV files and then post them directly to YouTube. Only paying customers have the ability to save movies in the following formats: Flash, QuickTime, GIF, or standalone EXE, as well as to password secure videos. Pros
- Record the entire screen, a window, an area, the camera, the microphone, and the computer sound
- Record many monitors at the same time
- Recordings that may be scheduled
- Cursor highlighting YouTube video publishing is made simple using this tool. There is no watermark, there is no time limit, and there are no advertisements.
- It is not permitted to record webcam footage on its own
- Video output formats are limited to MP4, AVI, and WMV. There is no in-built video editor.
Camtasia, which was created by TechSmith, is now one of the most expensive screen capture applications available. It has over 14 million users globally and is likely to remain in the top screen recorder ranks for the foreseeable future. Camtasia is a screen recorder and video editor that promises to “make it simple to record your screen and generate polished, professional-looking films.” It is available as a free download. A selection of brand-new video assets such as configurable intros, outros, and lower thirds are included with the latest version of Camtasia, Camtasia 2018.
With a watermark added, you may try it out for free for 30 days.
- Record the entire screen, a window, an area, the camera, the microphone, and the computer sound
- Record iOS screen for mobile demos and how-tos
- Include a video editor that can be used to edit videos that have been taken or that have been imported. Video editing features: trim, cut, split, change speed/volume, add zoom-n-pan, annotations, multimedia, animations, transitions, audio fade in/out, green screen effect, and more
- Free video, image, and audio assets: intros, outros, motion backgrounds, icons, music, sound effects, and more
- When compared to other screencasting tools, this one is rather pricey. Only in 64-bit mode
Bandicamby The Bandicam Company is largely regarded as one of the most powerful game recording applications available for gamers today. It has the ability to record a variety of 2D/3D games in 4K UHD quality at up to 144 frames per second. Bandicam may also record the entire screen, a portion of the screen, and video from external devices such as a camera or a gaming console. While the software’s recording capabilities may satisfy even the most demanding users, it does not include a single video editing tool.
Watermarking is enabled in the free version, which has a recording time restriction of 10 minutes per video.
- Record the whole screen, a region, the camera, the microphone, and the computer sound
- Record at up to 144 frames per second in 4K UHD quality
- While recording, you may draw, add text, and take screenshots. While recording, you may incorporate mouse click effects and animations. Incorporate your company’s logo into the screen shot. Voice blending
- Package that is light in weight
- The editing process can be recorded as the screen is being captured, resulting in a less-than-professional video. Video output formats are limited to MP4, AVI, and WMV. There is no in-built video editor.
Screencast-O-Maticis a web-based screencasting program developed by screencast-o-matic.com. It is available for download from their website. When you download and install the full version of this program, it may be launched immediately from a browser or utilized as a desktop application without the need for an online connection. Screencast-O-Matic provides a wide range of services, including screen recording, video editing, video hosting and sharing, and more. The free edition is restricted to 15-minute recordings with a watermark, and it also includes a watermark.
When you upgrade to the premium version, you will no longer be restricted to a time restriction for recording and you will no longer be required to use a watermark on the output.
- Record the entire screen, a window, an area, the camera, the microphone, and the computer sound
- While recording, you may draw, add text, and zoom in. Pre-recorded recordings (create a script first, then record the audio, then record the screencast)
- Scripted recordings Closed captioning as well as automatic speech-to-text captioning are available. Video editing tools include trimming, cutting, changing the pace of the video, adding zoom-and-pan, comments, multimedia, a green screen effect, and many other options. Video publishing to YouTube, Vimeo and other sites is a simple process. Encrypt movies and make them searchable or unlisted by using a password.
- The editing process can be recorded as the screen is being captured, resulting in a less-than-professional video. The majority of the features are only accessible through the premium version. It is not permitted to try out premium features before purchasing them.
8. Icecream Screen Recorder
When it comes to a screen recorder with only the most basic video editing tools, Icecream Screen Recorder by Icecream Apps is an excellent pick. To be more specific, the commercial edition of this program only offers the option to trim recordings at the beginning and conclusion of their duration. This is really restricted, however it can be sufficient when you only need simple screencasts. Icecream Screen Recorder is available in two different versions: a free version and a premium version. It is possible to record for up to 5 minutes in the free version, however there is just one output video format (WEBM) and video codec available (VP8).
Meanwhile, the commercial version contains codecs for AVI, MP4, and MOV video formats, as well as H.264 and MPEG-4. Along with no watermark being applied, the subscription version also has scheduled recordings, bespoke watermarks, and a trimming option, which the free version does not have. Pros
- Record the whole screen, a region, the camera, the microphone, and the computer sound
- While recording, you can hide the pointer and other desktop items. While recording, you may draw and zoom in
- Incorporate your company’s logo into the screen shot. Recordings can be scheduled to be recorded at a specific time. After the video has been recorded, trim the beginning and conclusion of the video.
- It is not permitted to record webcam footage on its own
- The editing process can be recorded as the screen is being captured, resulting in a less-than-professional video. Video editing capabilities are limited. It is not permitted to try out premium features before purchasing them.
That’s all there is to it. The screen recorders that have been discussed in this article have unquestionably great screen recording capabilities. Despite the fact that some have powerful video editing functions built in, others have none or very limited capabilities. If you are looking for an all-in-one screen recordervideo editor that can assist you in both recording screen and editing screencast videos quickly, let’s take a closer look at all of the features and functionalities of the6 best tools to createedit screencast videos on Windows/macOSand find the most appropriate tool for your needs.
ActivePresenter – the perfect solution for screen recording and video editing
Professional-looking videos are the frosting on the cake when it comes to blog articles, tutorials, reviews, classes, and other similar endeavors. We are certain that ActivePresenter should be considered as a screen recording option (and also video editing). It will please you since it has no time restriction, is ad-free, has extensive functionality, has a lifetime license, is reasonably priced, and has excellent technical support. Give ActivePresenter a spin right away! Additional Articles:
- In 2022, here are 7 amazing free screen recorders that you should check out