- 1 Need to update a driver? Here’s how to do it properly on Windows 10.
- 2 3 ways to update drivers on Windows 10, and why you should keep drivers updated
- 3 1. Update Drivers on Windows 10 With Device Manager
- 4 2. Update the Drivers Through Windows Update
- 5 3. Update Device Drivers Through the Manufacturer’s Website
- 6 Keeping Your Drivers Updated on Windows 10
- 7 How to Update Drivers in Windows
- 8 10 Best Free Driver Updater Tools
- 9 Driver Booster
- 10 Snappy Driver Installer
- 11 Driver Talent
- 12 DriversCloud
- 13 DriverIdentifier
- 14 Driver Easy
- 15 DriverHub
- 16 Ashampoo Driver Updater
- 17 Device Doctor
- 18 DriverMax
- 19 Update Drivers in Windows 10. Easily & Quickly
- 20 How to update drivers
- 21 How to update Nvidia drivers
- 22 How to update AMD drivers
- 23 How to update drivers for peripherals (mice, keyboards, etc.)
- 24 How to update everything else
- 25 How to update or fix your drivers in Windows 10
- 26 How to update a driver in Windows 10
- 27 How to reinstall a driver in Windows 10
- 28 What to do if your drivers aren’t updating automatically
- 29 How To Update Drivers In Windows 10 Manually?
- 30 Update Drivers Windows 10 Manually
- 31 VIDEO – How to update Windows 10 drivers easily?
Need to update a driver? Here’s how to do it properly on Windows 10.
Generally speaking, if the graphics card is functioning well, it is not a good idea to upgrade its driver. Graphics card manufacturers, particularly in the gaming industry, are known to release updates on a regular basis in order to improve the overall experience, support, address issues, and offer new functionality. Rather than waiting for the newest graphics driver to be released through Windows Update, you may utilize the graphics control panel provided by Nvidia, AMD, or Intel to download and install the most current updates directly from the manufacturer’s website.
- In addition to the Nvidia GeForce Experience, AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, and Intel DriverSupport Assistant, there are several other options.
Installing the software should be as simple as double-clicking the installers and going through the standard next, next, next process after you’ve downloaded it to your computer. Once you’re in the control panel, you can go to the drivers section and click the check for updates option to download and install the most recent version of the driver. Windows Central is the source of this information.
Download graphics driver manually
The current graphics driver should be available for download straight from the manufacturer’s support page, which is ideal if you don’t want to bother with installing additional software. The links in the following section will take you straight to the manufacturer’s support page where you can obtain the most recent update for your graphics card: To finish the update installation process after you have downloaded the software, follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Even if there are no instructions provided, most of the time it is sufficient to simply open the installer and follow the on-screen prompts.
Whereas in the event of a.zip or a self-extracting package, you may follow the instructions in our previous section to complete the driver installation using Device Manager.
Download graphics driver automatically
Alternatively, if you are unsure about the brand and model of your video card, some manufacturers will frequently supply a tool that can automatically discover the driver you want for you. You may use the links provided below to download and execute the auto-detect and install driver assistant for your computer: auto-detect and install driver assistant Install the driver update assistance while still on the website; then, after double-clicking the executable, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the driver installation.
For those who possess an Intel-branded product, it is always suggested to obtain the most recent updates through the manufacturer’s website rather than via Intel’s website.
As a result, your device may exhibit unusual behavior, have configurations that are missing, or you may not be able to utilize all of its capabilities if you do not do so. With the following procedures, you may be able to determine the model and brand of the device using Device Manager:
- Open the Start menu, type in Device Manager, and choose the first result to launch the program. Increase the number of Display adapters in the branch
- Confirm the graphics card’s manufacturer and model number. Windows Central is the source of this information.
You will be able to utilize the information you have gathered to obtain the necessary driver update for your computer once you have completed the procedures. It is possible that you will have to utilize one of the available tools from Nvidia, AMD, or Intel to identify the driver you want if the information is not readily available. Alternatively, you might review your device’s manual to identify the hardware configuration and then search for the appropriate driver update.
3 ways to update drivers on Windows 10, and why you should keep drivers updated
Windows drivers may be updated without difficulty, either manually or automatically, and there is no need to install any other software. Prior to getting into the nitty-gritty of driver updates, let’s take a brief look at why you would want to bother with them in the first place. In the same way that other Microsoft updates are essential in protecting against new malware, driver updates for Windows 10 are also essential in protecting against new malware that appears on a regular basis in the technological world.
After gaining a grasp of the significance of driver updates, let’s move on to the techniques for performing them.
1. Update Drivers on Windows 10 With Device Manager
Device Manager is required in order to manually update the Windows driver on a computer running Windows. To get started, simply follow the instructions outlined below:
- In the Start menu searchbar, type “device manager,” and then click on theDevice Manager icon. Choose the precise category of driver that you’d like to update
- Then click OK. Update the driver by selecting it from the context menu of the right-clicked driver.
To proceed with the upgrade, selectSearch automatically for drivers from the drop-down menu. According to what you can see in my instance, the best device drivers have already been installed, and so, Windows is unable to install any further drivers. If Windows discovers any new drivers, they will be installed in a matter of seconds. For those who cannot discover any new updates this way and are certain that the new drivers are what they need, they may go to the manufacturer’s website and search for an update from there, just as we did in the previous approach, which is described above.
2. Update the Drivers Through Windows Update
A third option for manually updating your Windows drivers is to make use of the Windows update feature. Follow the steps outlined below to get started:
- Navigate to the WindowsSettings
- Select UpdateSecurityWindows Update from the drop-down menu. Now, select View optional updates from the drop-down menu. Navigate to the Driver updates section of the menu. Click on Download and install after you have selected the driver that you wish to update.
With the assistance of Windows Update, your new driver updates will be installed in a matter of seconds.
3. Update Device Drivers Through the Manufacturer’s Website
When a new update is released, it is common for it to take some time before it reaches Microsoft’s servers. On rare cases, you may even be need to wait for an extended period of time. It is possible for you to update your drivers directly through the manufacturer’s website if this is the situation with you as well. Suppose I have an HP laptop, and I need to update the drivers. To do so, I would go to the drivers part of HP’s website.
The updates may then be downloaded and installed with relative ease from that location. According to the driver(s) you want to update, all you have to do is navigate to the update part of your manufacturer’s website and follow the on-screen instructions.
Keeping Your Drivers Updated on Windows 10
And that’s how you may update your device drivers without having to deal with any complications. As previously said, keeping your drivers up to date is one of the most reliable ways to ensure that your computer is secured from external attacks as well as from unexpected problems. We hope you were able to update your drivers using one of the techniques described above.
- After the drivers have been extracted, launch Device Manager and go to the target device. Select with the right-click menu. Drive should be updated. Look into my computer
- Choose Allow me to choose from a list Do You Have a Disk? BrowseOpenOK. Next, choose the newly installed hardware. The update process will commence. You should restart your computer when the update has been completed.
After installing a new piece of hardware that doesn’t function, or after updating to a new version of Windows, you may need to update the drivers in Windows. When a device is experiencing a problem or generating an error, such as a Device Manager error number, updating drivers may be a necessary step in the troubleshooting process. In certain cases, such as with popular video cards and sound cards, an upgraded driver may also enable new hardware features.
How to Update Drivers in Windows
These procedures can be used to update drivers in Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP. Note: These instructions are not applicable to Windows XP. When updating a driver in Windows, the process normally takes roughly 15 minutes. If you’d prefer to follow the procedure outlined below, but with additional details and screenshots for each step, we recommend that you utilize ourStep by Step Guide to Updating Drivers in Windows. Although updating drivers on your own is not difficult, there are apps available that will more or less handle the job for you.
- Locate, download, and extract the most recent versions of the hardware’s drivers. Whenever you are seeking for an updated driver, you should always check with the hardware manufacturer first. When a driver is obtained directly from the hardware manufacturer, you may be confident that the driver is both legitimate and the most recent version available for the device. Fortunately, many drivers are coupled with software that automatically installs them, making the steps below superfluous. The ZIP format of a driver is a reliable indicator that you’ll need to manually install it if there isn’t any indication of that on the driver download page. When you download drivers from Windows Update, they are automatically installed. Device Manager should be opened. It is possible to access Device Manager from numerous locations inside Windows, but the Control Panel (the technique described in the link) is the most straightforward. When you open the Power User Menu in Windows 11, 10, or 8, you’ll see a shortcut to Device Manager. To access this useful tool, simply press the WIN+X keys together. Using the Device Manager window, navigate to theoricon (or theoricon.exe, depending on your Windows version) to view the category that contains the device that you believe needs to have its drivers updated. If you are unable to locate the gadget you are looking for, simply browse through different categories until you do. Windows does not always categorize hardware in the manner in which you would conceive of a device and what it accomplishes
- For example, Once you’ve located the device for which you want to update drivers, the following step may vary depending on your version of Windows:
- Track down the most recent drivers for your device, download them, then unpack the files. When seeking for an updated driver, you should always start by contacting the hardware vendor. The driver is legitimate and the most recent version for the hardware when it is obtained directly from the hardware manufacturer’s website. Many drivers are connected with software that automatically installs them, making the steps outlined below superfluous in most cases. The ZIP format of a driver is a reliable indicator that you’ll have to manually install it if there isn’t any indication of that on the driver download page. It is automatically installed any drivers that are downloaded from Windows Update
- Device Manager should now be visible in your system tray. It is possible to access Device Manager from numerous locations inside Windows, but the Control Panel (as described in the link) is the most straightforward. When you open the Power User Menu in Windows 11, 10, or 8, you’ll see a shortcut for Device Manager. To access this useful utility, simply hit the WIN+X key combination. To access a specific category in Device Manager, open it by clicking on either theoricon (depending on your operating system version) or device (depending on your operating system version). Simply browse through additional categories until you discover the gadget you’re looking for if you can’t find it in the first. If you think about a device and what it accomplishes, Windows doesn’t always label it the way you would expect it to
- As soon as you’ve identified the device for which you want to update drivers, the following step is dependent on your Windows operating system version:
The Update DriversorUpdate Driver Softwarewizard will launch, and we’ll walk you through every step of the process until the driver update for this piece of hardware is complete.
- Windows XP is the only operating system supported. Make a right-click selection on the hardware component and selectProperties, then theDrivertab, and finally theUpdate Drivebutton. After selectingNo, not this time from theHardware Update Wizard, click Next to proceed to the Windows Updatequestion page. Continue by selectingDon’t search
- I’ll choose the driver to install from thesearch and installation optionsscreen, followed by the Next button once more. Continue to Step 7 below.
- The question “How do you want to search for drivers?” or, in certain versions of Windows, “How do you want to search for driver software?” is answered in the affirmative. choose Browse my computer for driver software (Windows 1110) or Browse my computer for driver software (Windows XP), respectively. Allow me to select from a list of available drivers on my computer (Windows 10) or Allow me to select from a list of device drivers on my computer (Windows 1110) from the following window, which will appear towards the bottom of the screen
- SelectHave Disk, which is found in the bottom-right of the screen, underneath the text field. ChooseBrowsein the bottom-right corner of theInstall From Diskwindow that displays
- On the next screen, clickInstall From Disk. In the Locate Filewindow that you now see, navigate your way to the folder that you established as part of the driver download and extraction process described in Step 1. Within the folder you extracted, there may be multiple nested directories to navigate through. Ideally, there will be one that is identified with the version of Windows that you are using (likeWindows 11, orWindows 7, etc.) Alternatively, if you don’t know where the driver files are, attempt to make an informed estimate based on what you’re upgrading the drivers for and which folder it could be in
- Choose Open from the File menu after selecting any INF file from the file list. It’s worth noting that INF files are the only sorts of files that Device Manager allows for driver setup information, and as a result, they’re the only types of files that you’ll see when you open Device Manager.
- Do you have numerous INF files in a same folder? Don’t be concerned about it. No matter which INF file you pick, the driver update wizard will automatically load information from all of the INF files in the folder you’re now in
- It makes no difference which one you choose. Find a large number of INF files in a single folder? Make many attempts with different INF files from different folders until you discover the proper one. You were unable to locate an INF file in the folder you specified. You should look through any additional directories that may exist until you locate one that has an INF file. Didn’t come across any INF files? If you haven’t located an INF file in any of the folders that were extracted from the driver download, it’s likely that the download was corrupted during the extraction process. Repeat the process of downloading and extracting the driver package.
- Select OK to return to theInstall From Diskwindow. The newly added hardware should be selected in the text box, and then Next should be selected. If you receive a warning after selecting Next, proceed to Step 13 in the next section. If you do not notice an error or other message, proceed to Step 14
- Otherwise, proceed to Step 15. There are a number of frequent warnings and other messages that you could hear at this stage in the driver update process, many of which are paraphrased and mentioned here with with advise on what to do:
- Windows is unable to confirm that the driver is compatible because: If you are confident that this is the correct driver, selectYes to proceed with the installation. ChooseNo if you believe you may have the wrong driver for the wrong model or something similar, in which case you should hunt for alternative INF files or even a whole other driver download to replace it instead. It is possible to avoid this by checking the Show compatible hardwarebox, if it is there, on the window created in Step 12
- Windows is unable to authenticate the publisher of the driver software in question: Only if you acquired this driver straight from the manufacturer or from their installation disc should you select Yes to proceed with the installation. If you obtained the driver from a third-party source and did not exhaust your search for a manufacturer-supplied driver, choose No. This driver has not yet been signed by the owner: The same as with the publisher verification difficulty described above, select Yes only when you are sure in the source of the driver. Windows requires a driver that has been digitally signed: It is possible that you will not see one of the two notifications above if you are using a 64-bit version of Windows since Windows will not allow you to install a driver that has a digital signature problem. This notice indicates that the driver update process should be terminated and that you should search for and download the right driver from the hardware manufacturer’s website.
- The Windows Installing driver softwarescreen, which should only last a few to several seconds, will advise Windows to utilize the instructions provided in the INF file from Step 10 to install the latest drivers for your device while the screen is shown. In certain cases, depending on the drivers you are installing, you may be prompted to provide additional information or make specific decisions throughout the installation process
- However, this is not particularly typical. The Windows has successfully updated your driver softwarewindow should appear once the driver update procedure has been completed properly. SelectClose. Besides closing Device Manager, you may now now restart your machine, even if you aren’t encouraged to do so. Although Windows does not always require a restart after upgrading a driver, it is a good idea to do so. Due to the fact that driver updates entail modifications to the Windows Registry and other essential areas of Windows, restarting your computer is a good idea to ensure that this update hasn’t badly damaged any other aspect of your computer. If you discover that the driver update was the source of a problem, just roll back the driver to the previous version before attempting to update it again.
Thank you for informing us about this!
10 Best Free Driver Updater Tools
Driver updater tools perform exactly what you’d expect them to do: they assist you in updating some or all of the device drivers that are installed in Windows for the hardware that is connected to your computer.
Our Top Picks
Driver Booster is the most effective overall “It simplifies the process of upgrading drivers by taking care of all of the hard lifting for you. Snappy Driver Installer, rated “Best for Offline Driver Installs,” provides you with rapid access to install the updates, whether or not you have an internet connection. DrivingCloud is the best source for information other than just drivers since it finds complete information on your hardware and software, including outdated drivers. “Driver Easy is the best option for scheduled driver scans.” This software is different from several other free driver updaters in that it can search for outdated drivers on a schedule and update them if necessary.
You will spend less time dealing with Device Manager and more time finding and downloading drivers from manufacturer’s websites if you use one of these programs instead.
What We Appreciate
- It is possible to download drivers from within the software. This function creates a restore point prior to upgrading driver software. A timetable is followed to check for outdated drivers. There is no restriction on the number of daily driver downloads and upgrades
- This version includes an offline updater.
What We Don’t Like About It
- There is always a button to upgrade to the pro version. This software contains advertisements for the company’s other programs
Driver Booster is the most effective solution. It is compatible with all versions of Windows and simplifies the process of upgrading drivers by taking care of all of the hard work for you. It scans your computer automatically for outdated drivers, and with support for more than 6 million drivers, there’s a strong chance it’ll locate what you’re looking for. When new updates become available, they are downloaded from inside the software, saving you the time and effort of having to download them individually from each manufacturer’s website.
Using Driver Booster, you may build a restoration point before installing a driver in case something goes wrong during the installation process.
The offline option may be found under the tools category.
(For more information, see the offline driver updater instructions included with Driver Booster.) Other options include the ability to roll back drivers, remove drivers, ignore drivers, export a list of drivers to a text file, enable Game Boost to free up system resources, and see system information data, among other things.
Snappy Driver Installer
What We Appreciate
- There are no adverts on the website. It is completely portable (no installation is required)
- Software that automatically downloads driver updates. It is possible to install drivers without using the internet.
What We Don’t Like About It
- Schedules for scanning are not supported
- It is not as simple to use as comparable software.
Snappy Driver Installer is yet another freeware alternative worth mentioning. It enables you to download many drivers for a variety of devices at the same time. Immediately following their download, the software provides you with access to install the updates on your computer, whether or not you have an online connection. Although the program itself is very straightforward, the way it is set up makes it surprisingly difficult to navigate and utilize. Choosing a driver with the right click gives additional choices such as displaying alternative drivers, copying the device ID, and accessing the driver’s INF file.
It is compatible with Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, among other operating systems.
What We Appreciate
- Installs in a short amount of time. You do not need to download drivers manually because they are downloaded from within the app. The software is simple to operate
- Every installation and uninstallation of drivers is preceded by a backup of the drivers
- Allows you to restore previously installed drivers
What We Don’t Like About It
- Downloading multiple drivers at the same time is not supported (you must download each driver individually)
- It is not possible to alter the scanning schedule. Several functions are demonstrated, although they are not available for free
Driver Talent (formerly known as DriveTheLife) is an easy tool that downloads device drivers for you, saving you the time and effort of having to search the internet for the appropriate download links. This application not only updates out-of-date and missing drivers, but it also repairs corrupted drivers and creates a backup of all of your already installed drivers as well. The Printer and USB Driverssection of the application calls out printer and USB drivers, informing you whether or not they are installed and functioning properly.
In addition, there is an additional version that contains network drivers and can be used offline, which is ideal if you need to install drivers but do not have the appropriate network driver installed.
The program’sToolsmenu also has a rudimentary hardware information application, which you may access by selecting it from the Toolsmenu. Driver Talent is compatible with the following operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
What We Appreciate
- Identifies beta drivers and downloads them. Can only display drivers who have received WHQL certification. There are other more system data displayed as well
- It is possible to utilize it without an internet connection. Drivers can be downloaded in large quantities
- This program creates a restore point for you.
What We Don’t Like About It
- There is no totally automated solution available
- The website is completely covered in advertisements
- Like other driver updaters, there is a lot of information that is not immediately consumable at first sight.
In addition to locating thorough information on your hardware and software, DriversCloud (formerly known as Ma-Config) is a free web service that can identify and update obsolete drivers. Upon launching the software after it has been installed and launched, selectOnline detection to have all of your computer’s components and their related drivers detected. When the scan is finished, all of the findings are shown in your web browser. Making your way to your destination by selectingMy Driversat the top of the page can get you there faster.
This is the method we prefer because it delivers a single executable that you can use to install all of the drivers you selected from the web page in a single operation.
What We Appreciate
- Works without the need for an internet connection
- Does not require a subscription. It is possible to utilize it as a portable software
- It is simple to comprehend and use
- There is also useful information regarding the drivers.
Does not require a connection to the internet to function; works without an internet connection It has the capability of being used as a portable software. Easy to comprehend and put into practice It contains useful information on the drivers; and
- Drivers must be downloaded manually from your web browser
- This is not an option. It will not check for out-of-date drivers on a regular basis
DriverIdentifier is a very simple driver checker that is included with the software. Following the completion of the scan, the results are shown in your web browser, from which you may manually download the drivers that you require and then manually install them once they have been downloaded to your computer. The program can check for drivers even if you don’t have an internet connection, which might be useful if your network card driver isn’t operating properly. Following the completion of an offline scan, the list of drivers is stored to a file that you may view on a functional computer in order to obtain the drivers you want.
There’s also a portable version available for download at the site provided below.
What We Appreciate
- It is possible to set up a schedule to check for changes on a regular basis. Driver scans are completed in a short period of time
- Drivers are downloaded straight from inside the software
What We Don’t Like About It
- Drivers take a long time to download. Updating the system requires manual intervention. It is not possible to download in bulk
- Some features are only accessible after making a payment
- For example,
When it comes to checking for outdated drivers, Driver Easy is one of the only programs that can do it on a scheduled basis. A scan may be set for every day, every week, every month, while your computer is inactive, or even every time you log on to Windows. Driver Easy, in contrast to DriverIdentifier, downloads drivers from within the software itself, rather than launching a separate online browser window. There are extra capabilities as well, such as the ability to check device information and search for driver updates even when you do not have an online connection at your disposal.
Driver Easy should be compatible with Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, among other operating systems.
What We Appreciate
- Interface that is simple and easy to grasp
- It is possible to download drivers in bulk. The ability to switch between simple and complex modes. Installs drivers for you automatically, without requiring your involvement
Interface that is simple and easy to navigate; It is possible to download drivers in large quantities. The ability to switch between simple and sophisticated mode. The drivers are installed automatically, and you do not need to do anything.
- During the installation process, you will be prompted to install other apps. Software that is unconnected to the current situation is recommended. It is not possible to check for updates on a scheduled basis
- It is possible that download speeds for free users will be constrained.
DriverHub is an application that downloads and installs drivers for you, and it contains a whole section dedicated to recovery in the event that something goes wrong. There are only a few menu buttons on the program’s interface, which is simple and straightforward. Changes to the download folder and deactivating software update checks may both be made in the options menu of the application. To keep things easy, just install whatever the application advises. However, to customize your installation, you may enter Advanced Mode to choose which drivers to download and install, as well as to view driver version numbers and to install substitute drivers (i.e., a newer driver but not the current version).
Other aspects of the application, such as the backup and autorun functionalities, are unavailable unless you pay an additional fee to use them.
Ashampoo Driver Updater
What We Appreciate
- Simple enough to be understood even by inexperienced users
- Drivers are backed up and restored
- This function creates a restore point for you. There are no third-party advertisements on this website. It is possible to scan automatically on a schedule
What We Don’t Like About It
- It is not possible to download or install the drivers in bulk. Unless you pay, you will not be able to modify some options.
This initiative has made almost 400,000 drivers available to the public. It is quite simple to use Ashampoo Driver Updater since it does all of the work for you, including downloading and installing the driver. It can also back up and restore drivers for security reasons, automatically create a restoration point before all driver installations, and follow a thorough scan scheduling, among other capabilities. The option to ignore drivers is one of the benefits of this software, and it is something that not all of the competitors offers.
Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7 are required for this application to function properly.
What We Appreciate
- Those Things We Appreciate
What We Don’t Like About It
- Limits the number of driver downloads allowed per day to one. This program does not create restore points prior to upgrading drivers. Updates to the software are infrequent. It is not possible to update all drivers at once.
Device Doctor is available in two versions: as a conventional application and as a portable program. With no need to exit the software, you may schedule scans to check for outdated drivers and then begin the installation process if an update is discovered. Some features of the software, such as the sections for backing up drivers and utilizing other tools such as the cache cleanser and startup manager, are only available if you pay for them. The application itself does not update very frequently, but the program’s home screen displays the date and time of the most recent database update, if one is available.
This suggests that, despite the fact that the software does not acquire new features very often, the database it uses to look for drivers is up to current.
Device Doctor is limited to downloading a maximum of one driver every 24 hours. It’s intended to locate drivers for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, among other operating systems.
What We Appreciate
- Those Things We Appreciate
What We Don’t Like About It
- There is a limit of two driver downloads each day
- There is only one driver that can be downloaded at a time (there is no option for mass download)
- Some functionalities are disabled because they are only available to professional users
DriverMax is another another free Windows tool that helps you to keep your drivers up to date. While it has certain limitations in some areas, it also has some strengths in others. It can also back up and restore drivers, detect unfamiliar hardware, make a system restore point prior to driver installs, produce an offline scan file for PCs that do not have access to the internet, and execute automated scans on a scheduled basis, among other things. A notice will appear at the bottom of your screen when changes have been discovered, and you can choose to postpone it for a day to allow you to investigate the updates at a later time.
- DriverMax identified a substantially larger number of out-of-date drivers than any other application on this list, including the others on this list.
- Users who pay for the service receive additional perks such as unlimited downloads, hourly driver checks, download priority, and automatic driver downloads, among other things.
- You may search for outdated drivers as often as you wish, despite the fact that this application restricts the amount of downloads you can conduct per day in a single session.
- In the review, we go into further detail about why this isn’t a negative restriction as it may appear.
Update Drivers in Windows 10. Easily & Quickly
Are you in need of updating your drivers? It’s probably less difficult than it appears. You have the option of doing it manually or automatically. We’ll guide you through the process for each one separately. Manually updating your drivers on Windows 10 is possible if you follow the methods outlined in the following section. Top Tip: If you are not very tech-savvy, or if you are short on time and patience, you might consider upgrading to the Driver Easy Pro edition, which allows you to update all of your drivers with a single click.
How to Update Drivers Manually
Start Windows 10 Device Manager by hitting Win+X (the Windows logo key and the X key) at the same time, then selecting Device Manager from the drop-down menu. 2.In the Device Manager box, explore the categories until you find the device for which you want to update the driver. For example, if you utilized Driver Easy to get the “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller,” you’ll discover this device in the “Network adapters” category, which is where it belongs. Then, using the right mouse click on the device name, choose Update Driver Software.
- A backup system safeguards you against the occurrence of unexpected disk failures.
- Please keep in mind that the device name displayed in Driver Easy may differ from the device name displayed in Device Manager for some devices.
- The device may then be found in Device Manager by searching for it by its name.
- You’ll notice two options in the pop-up box that appears.
- The location of the downloaded driver file may be found by clicking on the Down Triangle button next to Update in Driver Easy, then selectingOpen File Location to display the location of the downloaded driver file.
- The following is the address where you may locate the location: 5.
- As you can see, manually updating drivers is not as simple as it appears, even when you follow the methods in this article.
- As a result, we strongly advise you to upgrade from Driver Easy to Professional Version.
- You are not required to install the driver in a sequential manner.
Driver Easy may be downloaded by clickinghere and is ready to use right away. If you have any issues regarding upgrading your Windows 10 drivers, please let us know in the comments section below! 243243 people found this article to be useful.
Available in other languages
Do you require an update to the drivers on your Windows 10 computer? The following is a straightforward guide to updating your drivers.
How to update drivers
(Photo courtesy of Microsoft) Drivers may be a real pain in the neck at times. Because unscrupulous websites prey on naive people and trick them into downloading malware and viruses that are dangerous to their computers, it’s not always apparent what you need to do to update drivers. In order to prevent this from occurring, there is a proper way to go about updating driver software. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of updating the most popular types of drivers, as well as provide some general advice on how to cope with any problems that may emerge.
How to update Nvidia drivers
If your computer is equipped with an Nvidia GeForce graphics card, you should make it a point to maintain the drivers up to date. Performance improvements for new games, as well as solutions for difficulties caused by Windows upgrades, are frequently included in new versions. Previously, a program named Nvidia Update could be found in the Nvidia control panel, but with the introduction of GeForce Experience, that option was no longer available to users. The Nvidia control panel is still loaded by default when you install Nvidia’s drivers, but you’ll need to update the drivers using GeForce Experience or manually download the driver from Nvidia’s website if you want to use the latest version.
With GeForce Experience installed on your computer, it will automatically search for updates and notify you whenever a new driver is available for your graphics card or computer.
It’s also worth noting that you have the option of performing a “clean install” of the drivers, which is available on both the AMD and Nvidia installers if you select the custom installation option.
In certain cases, it is the only way to be certain.
How to update AMD drivers
AMD graphics drivers are expected to work in a similar fashion to Nvidia’s drivers in that they will automatically check for updates in the background and notify you if any are available.
Here’s how to manually check for (and install) an update on your computer:
- Simply right-click any blank space on the Windows desktop and choose ” AMD Radeon Settings” from the drop-down menu. Click on the ‘Updates’ button, which is located at the bottom-left corner of the window. Check the box that says “Check for updates”
(Image courtesy of AMD) If an update is available, you’ll get a list of all the versions that are currently accessible. If you want the newest and best, AMD may issue optional updates for individuals who want to be the first to know, but for the most part, you should stay with the ‘Recommended’ drivers. Select ‘Express upgrade’ from the drop-down menu after clicking ‘Recommended. (Image courtesy of AMD) If you are unable to get the Radeon Settings to show at all, it is possible that something has gone wrong with your drivers.
Any problems you are encountering should be resolved by doing a new installation.
In addition, DDU is always on hand in case you need to get out the sledgehammer.
How to update drivers for peripherals (mice, keyboards, etc.)
As long as all of the devices communicate using the same basic USB interface, such as keyboards, mouse, microphones, controllers, and so on, they shouldn’t require any additional drivers to function properly out of the box (and the generic drivers are handled by Windows Update). If, on the other hand, you purchase an attachment that is intended to be customized, such as a mouse or a keyboard with additional buttons, you may find that you require the appropriate desktop software to use the equipment.
- Software for customizing controllers, lighting, and other aspects of most Logitech ‘G’ gaming products is available from Logitech. Logitech Options: A configuration tool for the majority of Logitech’s non-gaming mouse, keyboards, and other devices
- Logitech Options is available in both English and Spanish. Corsair iCue: Customize lighting effects, keyboard macros, and more for the majority of Corsair hardware and software. In addition, Razer Synapse is a single setup tool for Razer accessories such as laptops, keyboards, mice, and other peripherals.
To reiterate, always download the necessary software from the manufacturer’s website, rather than through a rehosting site, as a general rule. When you download and install drivers from rehosting sites, many of them include malware or other unwanted applications.
How to update everything else
The built-in Windows Update service on your computer is responsible for keeping the majority of your drivers up to date in the background most of the time. The most of the time, you won’t have to bother about keeping drivers up to date unless you’re using a specialized device that doesn’t give updates through Windows Update. These are the procedures to take if you want to see if your computer needs any upgrades, including driver updates:
- Start by pressing the Start button on your Windows taskbar. To access the Settings menu, choose the Settings icon (a little gear). Check for updates by selecting ‘UpdatesSecurity’ and clicking ‘Check for updates.’
Corbin is a North Carolina-based tech writer and software engineer that works in the field of information technology. He spends a lot of time playing games like Planet Coaster and Fallout.
How to update or fix your drivers in Windows 10
- Using the Device Manager, right-click on the device that needs to be updated in Windows 10 to begin the process of updating its drivers. During the course of installing other Windows updates, the most critical drivers on your computer will almost certainly be updated automatically as well. Drivers are critical pieces of software that ensure the proper operation of the many devices and components in your computer. More stories may be found in Insider’s Tech Reference collection
- Click here.
Drivers are pieces of software that enable various devices on your Windows computer, such as the sound and graphics cards, to function properly and efficiently. The majority of your computer’s functions would be rendered inoperable if these drivers were not present. Additionally, they require periodic updates, just like any other piece of software.
However, it is not always straightforward to find out how to bring them up to date. The majority of driver updates for your computer are performed automatically whenever Windows is updated. Manually installing or updating a driver is also possible using the Device Manager interface, if necessary.
How to update a driver in Windows 10
The Device Manager may be accessed by right-clicking on the Windows symbol in the bottom-left corner of the screen and selecting it from the list that displays. 2.Utilize the menu to identify the device that has to be upgraded. For example, to update an audio device, click the arrow beneath Audio inputs and outputs and then locate the device in the list that appears. 3.Right-click the device that needs to be updated, and then select Update driver from the pop-up menu. The Windows Device Manager may be used to install and update driver software.
- You’ll be asked if you want Windows to search the internet and your computer for a new driver to install automatically, or if you have a driver file on your computer that you want to choose and use directly.
- “Automatic” is the option that you’ll usually always want to select.
- Windows will attempt to locate and install the most recent driver available.
- If Windows claims that you have a completely updated driver, but you are certain that you do not, find out who the manufacturer of that specific computer part is — you can generally find out by searching for the item’s name on Google — and visit their website to confirm your suspicions.
- For graphics cards manufactured by Nvidia and AMD, this is standard practice.
How to reinstall a driver in Windows 10
If a device is acting abnormally, it is possible that you may need to uninstall and reinstall the driver. A similar procedure to update the driver is followed. 1.Re-open the Device Manager by choosing it from the context menu of the Windows icon by right-clicking it once more. (2) Navigate to and choose the device you wish to reinstall from the drop-down option. For example, to update an audio device, click the arrow beneath Audio inputs and outputs and then locate the device in the list that appears.
Don’t be concerned; your machine will function normally.
Dave Johnson/Business Insider4Restart your computer to get things going.
What to do if your drivers aren’t updating automatically
If Windows isn’t automatically upgrading a driver that you feel it should be, it’s possible that Windows updates have been temporarily halted. You can examine this and, if necessary, unpause it. 1.In the Start button search box, type Windows update and then click Windows Update settings when it appears in the search results. 2.In the Start button search box, type Windows update and then click Windows Update settings when it appears in the search results. 2.Click on theAdvanced options button.
- Drivers for devices will not be installed automatically if Windows updates are suspended.
- Dave Johnson is a musician and songwriter from the United Kingdom.
- Dave grew up in New Jersey before joining the Air Force, where he worked as a satellite operator, space operations instructor, and space launch planning specialist.
- A photographer who has shot wolves in their natural surroundings, Dave is also a dive instructor and the co-host of many podcasts, all of which can be found on his website.
Besides being the author of more than a dozen books, Dave also contributes to a variety of websites and magazines such as CNET, Forbes, PC World, How To Geek, and the Insider magazine.
How To Update Drivers In Windows 10 Manually?
When you upgrade your Windows operating system or install a new one, there are certain frequent problems that you may encounter. “The CD/DVD driver is missing,” “the graphic drivers are out of current,” and “the wireless network driver is not working,” among other things. You must understand how to resolve these Windows 10 driver difficulties. How to Update Drivers on Windows 10 (with screenshots). After upgrading from Windows 8.1, 8, 7, XP, or Vista to Windows 10, you must download and install new drivers in order to resolve driver difficulties.
Here’s How to fix driver issues in Windows 10:
Source:(support.microsoft.com) Open the ‘Menu’ choices by performing a right-click on the Windows icon on the main screen of your desktop or by pressing Win+X on your keyboard to bring up the ‘Menu’ options. Select Control Panel from the drop-down menu. 2.For the Control Panel window, select the Small Icons view from the View menu. 3.After all of the Control Panel apps have shown, pick Device Manager from the drop-down menu. The Device Managerwindow has a list of categories, each of which may be expanded to allow the user to look for the device driver that requires updating.
When searching for an updated graphic card driver, you may need to expand the ‘Display adapters’ section first, then right-click on the graphic card you want to update and select ‘Update Driver Software.
6.In order to manually update the drivers, you must choose ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ from the drop-down menu.
If Windows is unable to locate a new driver for the device, you will need to hunt for a solution online at the device manufacturer’s website, which may take some time.
Update Drivers Windows 10 Manually
Also, check out:
- What is the best way to update audio drivers in Windows 10? What is the best way to fix HP printer drivers in Windows 10? What is the best way to update NVIDIA drivers on Windows 10?
The following is a useful resource: If you are unable to resolve the issue using the instructions listed above, you will need to install the driver again. Windows 10 drivers must be updated manually, which is a time-consuming and inconvenient operation to undertake. And, as previously noted, there are instances in which the final result may necessitate the need to either hunt for a remedy online or reinstall the driver in question. To avoid going through these manual procedures to install drivers on Windows 10 that has been upgraded, simply get driver restore from the link provided below.
This driver update program can expedite the procedure and make it simple for the user to install and update drivers that are either not installed or are out of date. The application is an automatic step-by-step process that involves the least amount of input from the user, therefore relieving the user of the load of manually upgrading the drivers on their computer. The following are the easy procedures that a user may take to update drivers in Windows 10 utilizing Driver Restore: STEP 1: The program scans the system to identify any outdated or missing drivers.
- STEP 2: The Driver Restore Window shows the drivers that are missing or out of date by placing a red X next to their names in the list.
- STEP 4: The action will start the driver update process, which will take a few minutes.
- STEP 6: After the file has been downloaded, a pop-up window will appear, requesting that the user open the downloaded file (see image below).
- STEP 8: After the driver has been successfully installed, a pop-up window will appear informing the user that the driver has been successfully installed.
- STEP 9: After completing the installation process successfully, it is advised that the user restart the machine.
- Please keep in mind that the window that appears after Driver Restore has been installed will show the installed driver under the missing or outdated driver list.
Because the drivers have already been updated at the backend, the user will not have to worry about anything. Once the system has been restarted, the user will immediately discover that the drivers have been updated.
VIDEO – How to update Windows 10 drivers easily?
People also inquire about the following:
- Other questions that people have are as follows.