- 1 Still running Windows 7? Time is running out to upgrade to Windows 10
- 2 How to download Windows 10 for free
- 3 Update Windows
- 4 Get the latest Windows update
- 5 Yes, you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade. Here’s how
- 6 How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free in 2021
- 7 How to Upgrade to Windows 10 for free
- 8 How to Upgrade to Windows 10 From Windows 7 for Free
- 9 How the Free Upgrade Works
- 10 Back Up Before Upgrading
- 11 How to Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free
- 12 After the Upgrade
- 13 How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free
- 14 Is Windows 10 free?
- 15 How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free
- 16 1. Check you meet the hardware requirements
- 17 How To Upgrade To Windows 10 For ‘Free’ In 2020 [Updated]
- 18 How to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 for free
- 19 Related:
- 20 How to Download Windows 10 for Free
- 21 Product keys and digital licenses
- 22 How to download the Windows 10 Media Creation tool
- 23 Other methods for getting Windows 10
- 24 Upgrade from Windows 7
- 25 Download Windows 10 without activating
- 26 Buy a third-party Windows 10 key
- 27 How to Upgrade to Windows 11 for Free
- 28 Check for Compatibility
- 29 Check for Updates
- 30 Download With the Installation Assistant
- 31 Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool
- 32 Download Disk Image
- 33 Upgrade Windows 10/ 7 to Windows 11 – How to do it step by step
- 34 Upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11
Still running Windows 7? Time is running out to upgrade to Windows 10
The deadline for upgrading to Windows 10 has passed. Microsoft is no longer providing support for Windows 7, and the corporation has recently released Windows 11 as a replacement. Please bear in mind that Windows 11 will only be offered as a free upgrade for Windows 10 users, and not for those using earlier versions of the operating system. Upgrades will be required for those who are still using outdated operating systems. (Click here to learn how to get Windows 11 and how to determine whether your PC is compatible.) If you’re still using Windows 7, you may upgrade to Windows 10 Home for $139 (£120, AU$225) through Microsoft’s official website.
Upgrade to Windows 10 now will make future upgrades, such as Windows 11, much more straightforward.
More information may be found at: Windows 11 evaluation: Familiar, but not stale Users of Windows 7 who do not upgrade to Windows 10 are already missing out on Microsoft’s security updates, bug patches, and technical assistance, according to the company.
Learn how to download and install Windows 10 for free, and get the newest information on Windows 11 computer requirements and a typical Windows 11 issue that Microsoft users have been experiencing.
This story has been updated recently.
How to download Windows 10 for free
If you’re presently running a licensed and active copy of Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1, here’s how to acquire Windows 10 for free. 1: At home or in the office: 1. Navigate to the Windows 10 Download page. Click Download tool now and Run under the heading “Create Windows 10 installation media.” If this is the only computer that needs to be upgraded, select Upgrade this computer immediately. Create installation disks for another PC and save the installation files if you’re upgrading from a separate system.
You should notice a digital license for Windows 10 in the Settings UpdateSecurityActivation section when the update is complete.
Stephen Shankland is a contributor to CNET.
(Please note that the update is not available for Windows Enterprise.) Other users may also encounter problems, depending on the configuration of your computer.) This update, which makes use of the media production tool, is not intended for the general public, although it does work for a large number of people.
Depending on your situation, you may also be eligible to get Windows 10 for free as a student or member of the faculty at your university.
For additional information, see the best antivirus protection for Windows 10 in 2021, six security adjustments that all Windows 10 users should make, all of the significant differences between Windows 10 and Windows 11, and every Windows 10 setting that you should deactivate (all of which can be found here).
You may also download Microsoft Office for free from the internet.
In Windows 11, you have the ability to control when and how you receive the latest updates, ensuring that your device continues to operate efficiently and securely. Check for Windows updates is a menu option that allows you to control your preferences and check what updates are available. Alternatively, choose StartSettingsWindows Update. Here’s some further information you might be interested in:
- If you receive an error message when attempting to update, read Fix Windows Update difficulties. See Activate Windows for further information if you’re attempting to activate Windows 11. In the event that you are having difficulties installing updates, read Troubleshoot problems updating Windows. View the Windows Update: FAQ page for answers to frequently asked topics. For information on how to obtain the most recent major update to Windows 11, read Get the most recent Windows update
Windows updates should be checked for. In Windows 10, you have the ability to control when and how you receive the latest updates, ensuring that your device continues to operate efficiently and securely. Check for Windows updates is a menu option that allows you to control your preferences and check what updates are available. Alternatively, press the Start button and choose SettingsUpdateSecurityWindows Update from the drop-down menu. Here’s some further information you might be interested in:
- If you receive an error message when attempting to update, read Fix Windows Update difficulties. In the event that you are attempting to activate Windows 10, read Activate Windows for further information. In the event that you are having difficulties installing updates, read Troubleshoot problems updating Windows. View the Windows Update: FAQ page for answers to frequently asked topics. For information on how to obtain the most recent major update to Windows 10, see Get the most recent Windows update
Windows updates should be checked for.
Get the latest Windows update
Windows 11 will be made available for installation through the Windows Update page in Settings after it has been certified as ready for your device. Installing the upgrade should be done at a time that is convenient for you. After that, you’ll need to restart your device in order to finish the installation. Following that, Windows 11 will be installed on your device. Take notice of the following as well:
- Start by selecting StartSettingsWindows Update if you want to apply the upgrade right now. Keep an eye out for updates. Installing an upgrade is an option if one is available
- Otherwise, it is not. If you have difficulties when updating your device, including issues with prior major upgrades, consult the list of typical remedies at UseFix Windows update difficulties to guide you through the troubleshooting procedure if your computer is having difficulty upgrading its operating system
- If Windows Update warns you that you don’t have enough space on your device to install the upgrade, follow the instructions in this article. Make room for Windows updates by freeing up disk space. For assistance if you suffer internet connection problems when upgrading your device, read Fix Wi-Fi connection problems in Windows.
More information about upgrading to Windows 11 may be found here. Upgrade to Windows 11: Frequently Asked Questions More information about Windows Update may be found here. Keep an eye out for updates. It will be accessible to download from the Windows Update page in Settings once the Windows 10 November 2021 Update is ready for your device. Select a time that is most convenient for you to download the update and install it. After that, you’ll need to restart your device in order to finish the installation.
In order to determine whether or not you are already running the November 2021 Update, go to the Windows Update settings page and selectView update history.
- Alternatively, you may click StartSettingsUpdateSecurityWindows Update and then selectCheck for updates if you want to apply the update right away. If there are any updates available, make sure to install them. If version 21H1 isn’t supplied automatically through Check for updates, you can manually download it through the Windows Update Assistant
- However, this is not recommended. If you have difficulties when updating your device, including issues with prior major upgrades, consult the list of typical remedies at UseFix Windows update difficulties to guide you through the troubleshooting procedure if your computer is having difficulty upgrading its operating system
- If Windows Update warns you that you don’t have enough space on your device to install the update, follow the instructions in this article. Make room for Windows updates by freeing up disk space. For assistance if you suffer internet connection problems when upgrading your device, read Fix Wi-Fi connection problems in Windows.
If you’re still using Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 and wish to upgrade to Windows 10, you can find additional information at Upgrading to Windows 10: Frequently Asked Questions. More information about Windows Update may be found here. Keep an eye out for updates.
Yes, you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade. Here’s how
Microsoft’s free upgrade offer for Windows 10 expired more than five years ago, but no one informed those in charge of maintaining the Windows activation servers of the expiration. As a consequence, you may still upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 and claim a free digital license for the most recent version of Windows 10 without having to go through any additional hurdles or requirements. When Microsoft officially discontinued support for Windows 7 in January 2020, the need for an update became more critical than ever.
Thousands of thousands of individuals have taken old PCs out of storage and brought them up to speed swiftly as a result of these free updates during the previous two years.
You may also still upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by utilizing a product key from a prior business edition of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 (Pro/Ultimate) that is compatible with Windows 10.
(See “How to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro without difficulties” for more information.) Every strategy I discuss in this post is also applicable to Windows 11, however the tight hardware compatibility requirements for Microsoft’s newest operating system will prevent most older PCs from upgrading to Microsoft’s newest operating system.
- Throughout this piece, I’ll go through the essential steps for installing Windows 10 as an update on older hardware.
- Early in 2017, I wrote and released the original version of this piece, which was written and published some months after Microsoft’s initial free upgrade offer had expired.
- However, the update worked flawlessly.
- There is only one digital license, and no product key is required.
- I continue to get email messages on a daily basis from readers who are pleased to report that their free upgrades were successful, with no requirement for a purchase or a product key.
- See the following article for more information on how to troubleshoot these problems “This offer for a free Windows 10 upgrade is still valid.
Here’s why – and how to get your hands on it.” Check out “Windows 10: Use setup log files to troubleshoot installation difficulties” for more information on decoding setup failures. Do you want to get your own digital license for the most recent Windows 10 release? Follow the steps outlined here.
How to upgrade an old PC to Windows 10
The most effective pills This list has several intriguing alternatives, whether you’re searching for a tablet to watch films or to completely replace your laptop computer. More information can be found at If you have a PC running a “genuine” copy of Windows 7/8/8.1 (Windows 7 Home, Pro, or Ultimate edition, or Windows 8.x Home or Business edition, which has been properly licensed and activated), you can follow the same steps I did to install Windows 10 as an upgrade on that PC by following the links below.
Before you begin, I recommend that you do a few basic chores that will help you avoid any problems:
- Examine your copy of Windows to ensure that it is properly activated. In particular, if you have just reinstalled Windows, this is essential. Make sure you have the most recent driver updates, especially for network and storage hardware. It is especially critical for systems that were initially sold in 2017 or earlier, when hardware manufacturers were still working out difficulties with Windows 10
- This step is especially important for systems that were originally sold in 2017. Back up your data files to an external hard drive or to the cloud using cloud storage software (or both). If you have a Windows 7 computer, you should consider creating a full system backup to an external hard drive using the Windows 7 backup application, which you can find in both Windows 8.x and Windows 10. Simply run the command Sdclt.exe and then select the Create A System Image option from the drop-down menu. Uninstall any third-party security software and low-level system programs that may be interfering with the upgrade process for the time being. Those apps can be reinstalled when the update is complete
- However, Finally, unplug any external devices that aren’t absolutely essential, particularly USB flash drives and external hard drives. There are a number of frequent installation difficulties that may be attributed to the Setup software becoming confused by the addition of these extra disks.
Having completed the prerequisites, navigate to theDownload Windows 10webpage and click theDownload tool nowbutton to begin the installation process. To start the Media Creation Tool, double-click the executable file that was downloaded when it has finished downloading. You have the option of upgrading immediately using this tool or creating separate media. If you’ve downloaded the Media Creation Tool to the computer you’re planning to update and you’re only planning to upgrade that PC, you may select theUpgrade This PC Now option from the Upgrade menu.
It normally takes an hour or so, depending on your hardware configuration.
Choosing the second option and saving the installation files on a USB drive or an ISO file is recommended if you want to update to Windows 10 on more than one computer, or if you simply want greater flexibility in the event that the quick upgrade fails.
The specific steps you must do may vary depending on whatever download option you selected:
- Flash disk on a USB port Plug in the USB flash drive that you have just produced into a free USB port on the computer that you wish to upgrade. Once you’ve done that, go to File Explorer (Windows Explorer on Windows 7) and double-click Setup to begin the installation of Windows 10. Please keep in mind that you will not be able to complete an upgrade to Windows 10 via the freshly produced USB device or DVD. Windows 10 setup must be executed from your presently installed and activated copy of Windows
- The ISO file cannot be used for this purpose. It will be necessary to mount the ISO file and open it in a Windows Explorer/File Explorer window when the download is complete. If you are using a PC running Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, you may double-click the ISO file to open it as a virtual drive on your computer. When operating Windows 7, you’ll need to download and install a third-party application such as the free, open-sourceWinCDEmu.msi file. Double-click Setup to begin the installation procedure when the ISO file has been mounted.
Then just follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Windows 10 update. You will not be required to enter a product key during the upgrade process, and once the upgrade is complete and you have connected to the internet, you will have a digital license for the most recent Windows 10 version, which you can verify by going to SettingsUpdate and SecurityActivation in Windows 10. All of your apps and data files will be accessible from this location. Due to the fact that the digital license is connected with that specific device, you may reformat the disk and start a fresh installation of the same version of Windows 10 at any time.
You will not be required to provide a product key, and activation will take place automatically.)
Is your license valid?
And now for the big question: If you take advantage of this upgrade to Windows 10, will the license that results from it be valid? When it came to the overall “free upgrade” offer, the wording used was, to put it gently, “a little squishie.” Furthermore, the wording around the conclusion of that offer was similarly ambiguous. For example, have a look at the following responses from Microsoft’s Windows 10 Upgrade FAQ that I’ve highlighted here: The language used here is highly ambiguous. That’s a strange use of language.
In a similar vein, the description of product keys states that a key will be required “for this tool to operate” (which is not correct), but makes no mention of licensing.
In any case, the free upgrade offer has been temporarily extended, at least for those who rely on assistive technology.
(I frequently employ the Windows Magnifier program, which is unquestionably an assistive technology.) Of course, I’m not a lawyer, and nothing in this column should be construed as legal advice.
A very huge nod and wink, I believe, was intended to make it simple for individuals who wanted a Windows 10 upgrade to still receive one while also appeasing the OEM partners, who had been dissatisfied with Microsoft’s year-long concentration on upgrades rather than new PC sales over the previous year.
It is no longer possible to access the page that formerly served as the Upgrade Assistant since it now produces an error message.
I’ve continued to test that scenario, and I can confirm that it is still functional, even though Windows 7 has reached the end of its support lifecycle.
If you’ve tried this technique on a PC, please let me know how it worked out for you by clicking on my name at the top of this post and filling out the contact form.
The following article was originally published in January 2017 and has been updated. Since then, it has been updated several times to ensure that it contains the most up-to-date information.
How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free in 2021
(Photo courtesy of Laptop Mag.) Editor’s Note: Windows 11 will be released this autumn. Take a look at ourWindows 11 system requirements guide to determine if your laptop or desktop computer is compatible before getting too enthusiastic. Windows 11 will be available as a free upgrade, similar to Windows 10. If you can’t wait to see what the next operating system looks like, you can download a Windows 11 preview build from Microsoft. Be cautious, though, and only do this operation on a machine that does not contain any sensitive information.
- In the event that you did not receive your free copy of the company’s most advanced operating system, you were pretty much out of luck.
- After all is said and done, it appears that you may still upgrade to Windows 10 for free.
- Maintain your awareness of the fact that this workaround will not always be effective.
- If you are still on Windows 7 or Windows 8, you will almost surely need to upgrade because Microsoft no longer supports those older operating systems.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 for free
To begin, make sure you’re running a legitimate edition of Windows 7 or later. Anything older than Windows XP or Vista will not function (please, if at all feasible, upgrade to a newer operating system). Make a note of the activation key if you’re running Windows 7. (you may need this later). A free program like as NirSoft’s ProduKey will assist you in locating it. 2nd, here is an excellent place to pause and back up anything you’d wish to keep on your current PC before proceeding. Follow the steps outlined in ourWindows 10 backup instructions to do this.
- Then start the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (by pressing “download tool now”) and select “Upgrade this PC now” from the drop-down menu.
- Once again, having a backup available at this stage is critical, so save everything to the cloud, an SSD, or a USB drive as soon as possible.
- Navigate to the Settings menu and choose “UpdateSecurity,” then click “Activation.” You may check to see if the Windows 10 update was successful from this page.
- Make use of your Windows 7 or Windows 8 license key to see if it helps.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 From Windows 7 for Free
Windows 7 is no longer supported, but you are not required to pay to upgrade to Windows 10. Microsoft has been discreetly extending the free upgrade offer for the past few years without public announcement. Upgrades to Windows 10 are still possible on any PC that has a legitimate Windows 7 or Windows 8 license.
How the Free Upgrade Works
Providing that your Windows PC is running on a legitimate and active copy of Windows 7 (or Windows 8), you may upgrade to Windows 10 in a matter of minutes. Your PC will receive a real, active Windows 10 key, exactly as it did during Windows 10’s first year of availability, when the free upgrade offer was publicly promoted. A PC may also be upgraded by doing a clean install of Windows 10, even if it currently does not have any other operating system installed on it. All you need to do is give a valid Windows 7 (or Windows 8) product key.
- Microsoft may decide to pull the plug on fresh updates at some point in the future.
- And, if you do decide to update, your computer will be issued a legitimate Windows 10 key that will continue to function even if Microsoft decides to stop permitting new upgrades in the future.
- If you have Windows 7 PCs in your company and you use this way to update them, Microsoft may not consider you to be in compliance with the requirements of your company’s license agreement if you use this technique to upgrade your business PCs.
- RELATED:If you have a Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 product key, you can still get Windows 10 for free.
Back Up Before Upgrading
We strongly advise you to back up your files before you begin. Although the upgrading process should not delete your files unless you specifically instruct it to do so, it’s always a good practice to have a recent backup of your data—especially when executing a big operating system upgrade—on hand. We also recommend you to locate your Windows 7 (or Windows 8) key in case you need it in a future situation. This key may be placed on a sticker that you place on the cover of your computer or on the lid of your laptop.
If your computer does not have a sticker, you may always use a program such as NirSoft’s ProduKey to locate the license key that is presently in use on your computer.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free
To acquire your free upgrade, go to Microsoft’s Download Windows 10 page and follow the instructions. To download the.exe file, click on the “Download tool now” option and choose your operating system. After asked, pick “Upgrade this PC immediately” when the program is launched and navigates through the process. Yes, it really is that straightforward.
We’re not trying to be devious here; Microsoft has chosen to allow customers to update using the tool. A clean installation of Windows 10 is possible if you choose the option to “Create installation media” and then provide a valid Windows 7 or 8 product key while installing Windows 10.
After the Upgrade
During the update process, you will be given the option of keeping all of the files on your system or starting over from scratch. The SettingsUpdateSecurityActivation screen will appear when the update has been completed successfully. If your system has been “activated with adigital license,” you’ll notice it in the system information. It is much more convenient if you sign in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account since the license will be connected to your Microsoft account, making it even easier to reactivate Windows 10 on your PC should you ever need to reinstall the operating system.
The Windows 10 activation process will then “phone home,” determine that your hardware configuration has a valid license on file, and activate itself.
Instead of using Windows 10, try installing Linux, purchasing a Chromebook, or moving to the Mac operating system.
Several websites, including PCWorld, ZDNet, The Verge, andBleeping Computer, have lately confirmed the effectiveness of this strategy that we’ve been using for several years.
How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free
Anyone who is still using an older version of Windows should learn how to get a free upgrade to Windows 10 by clicking here. This is especially true given the fact that the Home Edition is still regularly priced at $139/£119/AU$225, which is not a little sum of money. Now that Microsoft has let its free upgrade offer to Windows 7 and Windows 8 customers to expire, obtaining a free upgrade to Windows 10 may appear to be out of reach for some. However, the real instruments for doing so are still readily available and reasonably accessible.
What is the reason that you may still get a free upgrade to Windows 10 in 2021?
Microsoft is unlikely to want consumers to migrate to a free operating system such as Linux or, more likely, to continue using an older, unsupported version of Windows that leaves them vulnerable to viruses and hacking attempts.
This basic instruction will assist you whether you’re coming from Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Is Windows 10 free?
Windows 10 has never truly been offered for free. With Windows 10 Home costing $139 and Windows 10 Pro costing a whopping $200, getting Windows 10 installed on your computer or laptop is going to cost you a significant amount of money. When Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 customers were offered free upgrades, Microsoft did so for a short period of time, but that period has already passed. A loophole, however, continues to exist, which permits you to obtain Windows 10 for free. Furthermore, we believe that Microsoft is leaving it available since it is in the company’s best interests to entice as many users as possible to upgrade to Windows 10.
Certainly, it is eager to see consumers migrate away from the unsupported, older operating system and onto the newer one, as we can see from the screenshots above.
How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free
On the surface, the procedures for upgrading to Windows 10 for no charge from versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 are the same as they were when Microsoft was officially selling the upgrade.
1. Check you meet the hardware requirements
To be able to install the most recent version of Windows 10, you’ll need the following items: CPU: 1GHz or higher processor is recommended (Here is alist of supported CPUs) Windows 10 32-bit requires 1 GB of RAM; Windows 10 64-bit requires 2 GB of RAM. Storage space: 32GB or more of available space GPU that is DirectX 9 compliant or later with WDDM is required. 1.0 drriver 1.0 drriver Display with a resolution of 800×600 pixels or higher Online connection: During the installation of some versions of Windows 10, an internet connection is required.
- For optimal performance, we recommend at least a 2GHz dual-core CPU, 4GB of RAM (8GB is preferable), and a 160GB hard drive for Windows 10 to be installed.
- After that, download and install the Windows Media Creation Tooland the Windows Media Player.
- Start the Windows Media Creation Tool, and when you get to the “What do you want to do?” section, pick “Upgrade this PC immediately,” and then follow the rest of the tool’s instructions to complete the upgrade.
- You may find additional in-depth information on how to complete this procedure here.) Once you’ve entered your Windows 7 (or Windows 8) license key, you should be able to start using Windows 10 right away — for free.
- Your computer will be activated with a digital license when it has established a secure connection with Microsoft servers.
- Take a look at our guide to using Windows 10 for more information. Seek information on where to get Windows 10 if you require a different bundle
In his spare time, Darren writes news and stories for TechRadar (and occasionally T3) about a variety of computing issues, including CPUs, GPUs, various other hardware, VPNs, antivirus software and other related subjects. During his leisure time, he writes novels (his debut novel – ‘I Know What You Did Last Supper’ – was released by Hachette UK in 2013), and he has been writing about technology for the better part of three decades.
How To Upgrade To Windows 10 For ‘Free’ In 2020 [Updated]
All of the items and services listed on Forbes Vetted have been independently selected by Forbes writers and editors. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links on this page, we may receive a commission. I write about the world’s most powerful technological corporations. Windows 10 continues to have issues. Windows 7, on the other hand, is set to be discarded (and Windows 8 is a pointless sideways move). Microsoft costs $139 for the regular edition of Windows 10 as a result, millions of customers will be forced to upgrade in the near future to ensure the security of their data.
- 02/04 Update: Because Windows 7 has reached the end of its support lifecycle, it is no longer safe to retain your data on the platform, as all new vulnerabilities will be exposed as a result.
- I’ve gotten a large number of emails inquiring whether or not this free upgrade hack for Windows 10 is still active.
- Because of the overwhelming demand, I will continue to check this once a month.
- Gordon Kelly is an American businessman.
- The fact that Microsoft ended its free Windows 10 upgrade offer to all customers on July 30, 2016, does not mean that the corporation has (in my opinion, willfully) left a loophole open.
- Tip: If you don’t already have a legal copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8, you may get one from a third-party store for a fraction of the price of a Windows 10 license license.
Home licenses are upgraded to Windows 10 Home, whereas Pro licenses are upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, so make your selection wisely. After that disclaimer is out of the way, here’s how to receive your free Windows 10 upgrade: 1.
- Please visit the Windows 10 download page by clicking here. The Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is downloaded when you click on the ‘Download Tool now’ button. When you’re finished, open the download and agree to the terms of the license. Make the selection: ‘Upgrade this PC now’ and then click ‘Next’. Select ‘Keep personal files and applications’ from the drop-down menu. Click on ‘Install’ (please keep in mind that this can take some time and will require numerous restarts)
- Once the software has been installed, go to:Settings. Microsoft Windows Update Activation is required in order to activate your Windows 10 digital license. Alternatively, if you haven’t already activated your old version of Windows, input your (genuine) Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key.
For a later time, you may open:SettingsUpdateSecurityActivation to verify that your license has been successfully activated. Please keep in mind that a Windows 10 license is related to your hardware. This ensures that in the event of a need to format your machine for any reason, Windows 10 will reactivate immediately. To avoid this, update several components in your PC as part of a device upgrade. Otherwise, Windows 10 may believe you’ve purchased a new PC and refuse to automatically register the license.
Gordon’s favorite Microsoft Daily Deals include:
- For a later time, you can open:SettingsUpdateSecurityActivation to ensure that your license has been successfully activated. Note that a Windows 10 license is related to your computer’s operating system and hardware. This ensures that in the event of a need to format your machine for any reason, Windows 10 will revive itself. To avoid this, update numerous components in your PC as part of a device upgrade. Otherwise, Windows 10 may believe you’ve purchased a new computer and refuse to automatically register the license. Fortunately, Microsoft offers a straightforward procedure that you may follow in this situation. Best of the Microsoft Daily Deals, as selected by Gordon:
_More on Forbes Price Alert: Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Games Sales Daily Deals: _More on Forbes Price Alert: Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Games Sales Daily Deals: Apple MacBooks, Windows 10 Laptops, and Chromebook Deals are all available now. Reached New Lows Gordon may be found on Facebook.
How to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 for free
Microsoft’s free Windows 11 upgrade from Windows 10 is currently being sent out to more users worldwide. Microsoft is beginning to make the free update available to new devices that are still coming with Windows 10, before making the OS available to other qualified older gear that meets the requirements. Even said, not every current PC that is running Windows 10 will have the option of upgrading to Windows 11. CPUs with Intel 8th Generation Coffee Lake or Zen 2 architecture or above, TPM 2.0 (Trusted Platform Module) capability, 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of storage are required for Windows 11.
However, if you really want Windows 11, there will be no official upgrade option for millions of PCs.
According to Microsoft, the Windows 11 update should be available to all currently operating and eligible PCs by the middle of 2022.
- Microsoft’s PC Health Check program will help you determine whether or not your computer is officially supported. Ensure that you back up all of your crucial papers, programs, and data
- Using your Windows 10 computer, navigate to SettingsUpdateSecurityWindows Update. Keep an eye out for more information. As soon as the free Windows 11 update is made available, you’ll be presented with the choice to download and install the software.
The prompt to update to Windows 11. Image courtesy of Microsoft
- To download and install, select Download and Install. Configure Windows 11 settings by following the instructions on the screen
If you don’t notice the free Windows 11 update and your PC is compatible, you may be able to skip the waiting period by utilizing Microsoft’s new Installation Assistant, which is available now. We’ve put up a tutorial to help you avoid the line while upgrading to Windows 11.
Although Microsoft’s free upgrade offer for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 customers expired a few years ago, you may still technically upgrade to Windows 10 for no additional cost. While Microsoft has deleted the special upgrade offer websites, the firm continues to activate Windows 10 licenses for users who are upgrading from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to the latest operating system. The possibility exists that you’ll be able to receive a free upgrade to Windows 11 as well; for more information, see the free Windows 11 upgrade policy.
It’s also really straightforward for anyone to upgrade from Windows 7, which is especially important given that support for the operating system is ending today.
The most essential thing to know is that upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 may result in the loss of your settings and applications.
Make a list of the programs you use on a regular basis so that you can quickly reinstall them by downloading the installers from your computer.
Windows 8.1 may be updated in the same way as Windows 7, but without the need to delete your programs and settings from your computer. The following is the procedure for upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10:
- Ensure that you back up all of your crucial papers, programs, and data
- Go to the Windows 10 download page on Microsoft’s website. Select “Download tool now” from the Create Windows 10 installation media section and then open the software to complete the process. When asked, select “Upgrade this PC immediately.”
Prompt for Windows 7 upgrade Microsoft
- After that, you’ll be asked if you want to maintain your personal files or if you want to start again. Preserve in mind that whether you choose to start over or keep your data, all of your programs and settings will be wiped in preparation for the Windows 10 update. A digital license for Windows 10 should be issued to you once the update is complete, and this license may be located under the SettingsUpdateSecurityActivation menu option.
November 7, 2021: Links to the free upgrade path for Windows 10 and Windows 11 have been included.
How to Download Windows 10 for Free
When Windows 10 originally became available, obtaining a free upgrade was as simple as selecting the Get Windows 10 notification prompt from the notification bar. Currently, though, things are a little different. Microsoft no longer supports Windows 7, which implies that there will be no more technical support, security updates, or bug-squashing for this operating system going forward. In other words, Windows 7 is now considered risky to use, making it a great time to upgrade to Windows 10 from an earlier version.
Although it may appear that Microsoft’s newest operating system is no longer available, there are still methods to obtain it without having to purchase a new license or breaking any regulations.
Product keys and digital licenses
It is preferable to have a valid product key or digital license in order to qualify for a free update. What’s the difference between the two? An operating system purchased from Microsoft or any other merchant comes with a product key that allows you to unlock the system. It may be printed and included in the packing, emailed to you, or saved in the cloud, as is often the case with system builders and other service professionals.
What is a digital license?
A digital license establishes a connection between your installed Windows platform and a key that is incorporated in prebuilt systems from companies like as Acer, Dell, HP, and others. This group of producers has for a long time printed product keys on labels that were affixed to computers or printed and inserted them into product packaging. Microsoft’s product keys are normally only valid on a single computer, however hackers have discovered ways to utilize the same key on many computers. It was as a result of this that Microsoft and OEMs implemented digital licensing in Windows 8 as an anti-piracy mechanism to ensure that end users would not install the platform on new computers.
This license is tied to your Microsoft account when it is purchased.
What if I can’t find my key?
Whether you’re upgrading from Windows 7 and are unable to locate your product key, you can try logging into your Microsoft account and reviewing your previous downloads to see if your product key is still available. Some websites, such as Amazon, also retain track of paid downloads, although they seldom contain the product key itself, though they may be useful in narrowing down the location of the key. Finally, you may download Windows 10 and execute a fresh installation of the operating system.
Other than that, you must provide an original, genuine product key during the setup process, or you may do it later by visiting SettingsUpdateSecurityActivation (see below).
It is necessary to follow our previous instruction on how to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. If you do not have a valid Windows 7 license key, you must follow this guide. Arif Bacchus of Digital Trends has contributed to this article.
How to download the Windows 10 Media Creation tool
Despite the fact that Microsoft officially ended the free update campaign in mid-2016, the company secretly continues to make this option available so that all Windows PC customers may run the most recent version. A new Windows 10 Home product key will need to be purchased if you do not already have an active digital license or product key that qualifies you for the free upgrade, as previously stated. Step 1: The first step in obtaining a free Windows 10 update is to go to the Microsoft Download Windows 10 homepage.
- When MediaCreationTool21H1.exe is downloaded into your computer, it should take no more than a minute to complete the process.
- Activate the Media Creation Tool in the third step.
- As previously stated, you have two options: either upgrade the current PC or make installation discs that can be used to either update another PC or conduct a clean install on the current PC.
- Step 5:Click on theUpgrade This PC Nowbutton and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Remove apps from your computer if necessary to satisfy the installer’s concerns.
- Take note of the significant difference between Windows 7 and Windows 10 in terms of the software that you will be using.
- We cannot guarantee that all files and applications will be compatible with Windows 10, and some may cease to function as a result of this.
- Before you proceed, make a copy of or convert any important data.
- It is necessary to restart your computer several times while the installation process advances.
- If you are required for a valid product key, input it now or later by going toSettingsUpdateSecurityActivation on your computer.
- Step 10:In addition, you’ll obtain the same flavor of Windows that came pre-installed on your computer – Home, Pro, Enterprise, or Educational.
Purchasing a new product key is required if you choose to utilize Windows 10 Pro rather than the Windows 10 Home upgrade. Arif Bacchus of Digital Trends has contributed to this article.
Other methods for getting Windows 10
For the time being, the procedure outlined above is the most effective way to obtain a free copy of Windows 10. It is possible to obtain Windows 10 in alternative ways if you want it, including free and low-cost alternatives that may be worth investigating.
Upgrade from Windows 7
Purchase a copy of Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store. Please refer to our tutorial on how to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for further information.
Download Windows 10 without activating
Technically, you may download Windows 10 from Microsoft and not activate it, which means you won’t have to pay anything for the operating system. It turns out that technique is more secure than it appears since Microsoft is sloppy about enforcing activation requirements. Your copy of Windows should not shut down, however there are several restrictions that apply after the 30-day trial period:
- In the bottom-right corner, there is a watermark that says “Activate Windows.” If Windows isn’t activated, the message “Windows Isn’t Activated, Activate Windows Now” shows in the settings
- Several personalization options, such as altering the background and accent colors, are not available. It is possible that updates will be discontinued in the future. Various applications and functionality cease to function
- You’ll receive daily reminders reminding you to turn it on. There is no technical assistance.
However, we want to emphasize that using an unactivated version of Windows 10 is strictly prohibited by Microsoft. Despite the fact that it appears to be a good deal (and it does sound about right), you are in fact breaking the rules and violating Microsoft’s license agreement by doing so. Microsoft would be perfectly within its rights to pursue legal action against anyone who is found to be using the Windows 10 operating system without having activated it, albeit they have not done so as far as we are aware.
Ultimately, if Microsoft desired to prevent users from utilizing these versions, they had the ability to do so.
Buy a third-party Windows 10 key
Third-party merchants who offer Windows 10 manufacturer keys at a discount may be found on the internet. By purchasing the keys through one of these firms, you may save 50% (or perhaps more) off the full Microsoft retail price for the keys. While it may appear to be a scam, it is possible to locate reputable suppliers who also happen to be offering a competitive price; nonetheless, you must be vigilant. What buyers need to do is look for reputable key vendors that are willing to give exceptional discounts.
PCDestination offers these for $45, and they are in stock.
- The greatest Razer discounts for February 2022
- The best Dell XPS deals for February 2022
- And the finest HP deals for February 2022. The best Alienware deals available in February 2022
- The best Adobe Photoshop offers for February 2022 are listed below. The best Asus laptop discounts for February 2022 are listed below.
How to Upgrade to Windows 11 for Free
Even though Windows 11 will come preloaded on each new PC you purchase, why spend the money on a new PC when your currentWindows 10PC is eligible for a complimentary upgrade? Microsoft provides a number of options for downloading the new operating system, allowing you to choose the one that works best for you.
Check for Compatibility
The discussion surrounding the prerequisites for Windows 11 has been a complicated one. Before you can download the free update, you must first ensure that your current Windows 10 computer is compatible with it. The most effective method of accomplishing this is to use Microsoft’s PC Health Check Tool. For further information, visit theWindows 11 Specifications page and scroll down until you reach the Check for Compatibilitysection. Install the application by selecting the Download PC Health Check Applink and following the on-screen instructions.
Check now may be accessed through the app by pressing theCheck nowbutton. If your machine is compatible, you will receive a notice stating that your computer fulfills the Windows 11 requirements.
Check for Updates
Microsoft is slowly rolling out Windows 11 to compatible Windows 10 systems, so the first step should be to see if the update is available for your computer. If it is, install it immediately. Select theCheck for updatesbutton from the SettingsUpdateSecurityWindows Update menu on your Windows 10 computer. If Windows 11 is ready and waiting for you, you may begin the installation process.
Download With the Installation Assistant
Instead of waiting for the upgrade to arrive on your computer, you may use Microsoft’s Windows 11 Installation Assistant to complete the process. Open theDownload Windows 11 website and click theDownload nowbutton located beneath theWindows 11 Installation Assistantsection to begin the download. Run the Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe file that you downloaded. The Windows 11 installation will be upgraded to Windows 11 as soon as you click the Accept and install button. During the download and installation process, you should be able to use your computer.
Depending on your needs, you may either restart the machine immediately or wait for the 30-minute timer to expire if you require further time to save any open work.
Once the final setup is complete, you will be redirected to your new Windows 11 desktop environment.
Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool
You may also generate installation discs for the new operating system using Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool, which is a tool that allows you to do so. Once on theDownload Windows 11 page, locate the Download nowbutton beneath theCreate Windows 11 Installation Mediasection and click it to begin the download. To use the MediaCreationToolW11.exe file, first run it and accept the licensing conditions. Then confirm that you want the language and Windows edition that you desire. Afterwards, you have the option of copying the installation files to a USB stick or creating an ISO file and burning it to a disk.
- Then, to begin the upgrade, access the disk and double-click the setup.exe file to begin the process.
- After that, the installation files are stored to your computer as an ISO file.
- After clicking Next, Windows 11 will check for any updates, and you will be prompted to accept the licensing terms.
- To make changes to your selections, selectChange.
To begin the upgrading process, click Next, then Install. After your computer has rebooted, log in to complete the setup. The privacy settings on your computer may be changed as a result of what you choose to maintain. After that, you’ll be transported to your desktop.
Download Disk Image
You can also opt to obtain the Windows 11 ISO file directly from Microsoft. To download Windows 11, navigate to the Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO)section of the Download Windows 11 page, and then pick Windows 11 from the drop-down menu. The ISO file may be obtained by selecting the product language, clickingConfirm, and then clicking theDownloadbutton. After downloading the ISO file, double-click it to open it, and then double-click the setup.exe file to run it. During the initial installation process, select Next to check for and download any updates for Windows 11.
If you want to modify this, clickChangeand selectPersonal files only or Nothing from the drop-down menu.
As soon as your computer has restarted, log into Windows 11 to see your new operating system.
About Lance Whitney
Lance Whitney has had a long and varied career in publishing, advertising, and information technology, and he currently wears a variety of technical hats. He works as a journalist, software trainer, and occasional Web developer during the day. By nightfall, he’s sound sleeping. These days, he contributes news items, essays, and reviews to CNET as well as other technology-related websites and magazines. For WileySons, he has written two books: Windows 8 Five Minutes at a Time, published in 2012, and Teach Yourself VISUALLY LinkedIn, published in 2014.
Upgrade Windows 10/ 7 to Windows 11 – How to do it step by step
Upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 is simple. On this page, you will find a comprehensive step-by-step tutorial, as well as the right upgrade picture sequence. Due to the fact that Microsoft will release Windows 11 on June 24th, 2021, users of Windows 10 and Windows 7 will want to update their systems in order to enjoy Windows 11. As of right now, Windows 11 is a free update, and everyone who already uses Windows 10 may upgrade to Windows 11 for no additional cost. When it comes to updating your windows, you should have a fundamental understanding of the process.
Upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11
On this page, we will address a variety of concerns pertaining to the update, including system requirements, timeframes, the upgrading procedure, and other pertinent information. Because Windows 11 was leaked earlier this week, and many of you may have already downloaded it, we thought we’d share our thoughts. Now is the time to take advantage of the opportunity to obtain the most recent and bug-free version of Windows 11, which can be obtained directly from the Microsoft website.
You may update your existing Windows operating system (whether it be Windows 10 or Windows 11) to Win11 in a few simple steps that are detailed on this website. The following are the specifics that we will be providing on this page:
- What are the minimum and recommended system requirements for Windows 11
- Instructions on how to obtain Windows 11 from the official source
- How to Perform a Windows 7 to Windows 11 Migration
- Instructions on how to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 are provided. What are the languages that are supported by Windows 11
What are the system requirements for Windows 11?
What are the minimum and recommended system requirements for Windows 11; and Instructions on how to obtain Windows 11 from its official source; Instructions on how to make the transition from Microsoft Windows 7 to Microsoft Windows 11. Instructions on how to perform a Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade. In Windows 11, what are the languages that may be used?
|Processor||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)|
|Storage||64 GB or More|
|System firmware||UEFI, Secure Boot capable|
|TPM||TPM version 2.0|
|Graphics card||DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver|
|Display||HD display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel|
|Internet||Microsoft account and internet connectivity|
How to download Windows 11 from the Official source?
You will not be required to visit any external website in order to download Windows 11 Professional. Alternatively, you can just navigate to the system updates area of your existing windows and look for a new update. If Windows 11 is available, it will appear in the upgrade area of your computer. You may just click on the Download and Install button to have the domain installed on your PC without having to do anything else.
- Vivo Y73 Price, Release Date, and Specifications
- Free Fire Advance Server Download OB28
- Free Fire Installation on PC/Laptop/Mac
- Free Fire Redeem Code Today The release date for the UBG Mobile India game
- Pre-registration for PUBG Battlegrounds: Mobile in India
It is possible to acquire Windows 11 via third-party sites if you do not wish to update to Windows 11 using the simple method described above. The links to get Windows 11 are provided below. To obtain a copy of Windows 11, please visit this link.
How to Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11?
It is possible to obtain Windows 11 through third-party sites if you do not wish to update to Windows 11 using the simple method described above. The following section contains links to Windows 11 download pages. Windows 11 may be obtained by clicking here.
- To access the Control Panel, go to the Start Menu and select “Control Panel.”
- After that, you’ll find a section titled “Windows Updates” on the Control Panel’s home page. The Windows Update page will be displayed once you click on that link.
- After that, go to the Windows Update page and click on the “Check for Updates” button, which will cause Windows to begin checking for the most current updates.
- Once Windows has completed its search for updates, you can simply click the Install Updates button to begin the installation of all of them.
- Alternatives include selecting one of the two choices that give a list of available updates as well as a list of optional updates
- You will now see a list of the latest changes. By selecting one of the conversation boxes, you may choose and install any update that is available.
- Choose Windows 11 Upgrade from the drop-down menu and then click on Install updates if the option appears in the list. Your Windows 7 computer will begin the process of upgrading to Windows 11.
How to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11?
It is possible to obtain the Windows 11 upgrade file from the official website and then install it on your computer. However, we will choose the more straightforward route.
- Start by going to the Start menu and selecting the Settings Icon
- The Windows 10 settings page will appear on your screen. Now, from the settings page, select “Updates and Security” from the drop-down menu.
- The Windows update page will now be shown. To check for updates, click on the Check for Updates icon.
- As a result, Windows will begin scanning for new updates.
- Now, Windows will provide a list of available updates, from which you can choose the one you wish to install.
- If you notice Windows 11 upgrade in the list of detected updates, choose that file and click Download and Install
- Otherwise, continue with the rest of the process.
What are the Supported Languages for Windows 11?
You may choose from 40 different languages when upgrading your existing Windows to Windows 11, and you can pick any of them when upgrading your existing Windows to Windows 11. The following is a list of the languages that are currently supported.
|Arabic (Saudi Arabia)||Bulgarian (Bulgaria)|
|Chinese (PRC)||Chinese (Taiwan)|
|Croatian (Croatia)||Czech (Czech Republic)|
|Danish (Denmark)||Dutch (Netherlands)|
|English (United Kingdom)||English (United States)|
|Estonian (Estonia)||Finnish (Finland)|
|French (France)||French (Canada)|
|German (Germany)||Greek (Greece)|
|Hebrew (Israel)||Hungarian (Hungary)|
|Italian (Italy)||Japanese (Japan)|
|Korean (Korea)||Latvian (Latvia)|
|Bokmål (Norway)||Polish (Poland)|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||Portuguese (Portugal)|
|Romanian (Romania)||Russian (Russia)|
|Slovak (Slovakia)||Slovenian (Slovenia)|
|Spanish (Spain)||Spanish (Mexico)|
|Swedish (Sweden)||Thai (Thailand)|
|Turkish (Turkey)||Ukrainian (Ukraine)|
We hope you have gained a better understanding of the procedure for updating Windows 10 to Windows 11. It is our belief that you have found what you were seeking for on this page: the Windows 10 upgrade Windows 11 method.
- Covid Vaccine Registration
- Covid 2nd Dose Registration
- Covid Vaccination Certificate
- Corona Helpline Number
- Third Wave of Corona
- Covid Vaccine Tracker India
- Remdesivir Injection Uses
- Corona Help