- 1 Media Feature Pack for N editions of Windows 10 Version 1607
- 2 Introduction
- 3 More Information
- 4 Download information
- 5 Windows 10 Pro Vs Pro N: What’s The Difference Between Them
- 6 Windows 10 Pro vs Pro N: Review
- 7 Windows 10 Pro Vs. Pro N – What Are the Differences?
- 8 Windows 10 Pro Vs. Pro N
- 9 All About Windows 10 Pro
- 10 All About Windows 10 Pro N
- 11 Other Versions of Microsoft Windows 10
- 12 Conclusion – Windows 10 Pro N Vs. Pro
- 13 Difference Between Windows Home, Pro, Enterprise, VL, N, KN Editions
- 14 Windows Home Edition
- 15 Windows Pro Edition
- 16 Windows Enterprise Edition
- 17 Other Windows 10 Editions
- 18 Final Thoughts
- 19 Windows 10 Pro “N” Edition Explained
- 20 Apps Not Included In Windows 10 Pro N
- 21 How To Restore Missing Features In Windows 10 Pro N Editions
- 22 What are the Windows 10 N and KN Editions?
- 23 [SOLVED] – Difference between Windows 10 PRO vs PRO N? Or Home vs Home N
- 24 Windows 10 Pro vs Pro N
- 25 Difference Between Windows 10 Pro and Pro N
- 26 Windows 10 Pro vs Pro N for Beginners
- 27 Windows 10 Pro vs Pro N System Performance
- 28 Windows 10 Pro vs Pro N for Gaming
- 29 Windows 10 editions compared – Computing Science
- 30 Comparison of Windows 10 editions (partial)
Media Feature Pack for N editions of Windows 10 Version 1607
This Media Feature Pack is compatible with Windows 10 version 1607 (and later). If you are using a different version of Windows, please go to KB 3145500 to locate the Media Feature Pack that is appropriate for your operating system version.
Except for media-related technologies, the “N” versions of Windows 10 provide the same functionality as other editions of Windows 10, with the exception of media-related technologies. Some preloaded media programs, such as Windows Media Player and Skype, are not available in the N versions (Music, Video, Voice Recorder). If you are using the N editions of Windows 10, you will need to install additional software from Microsoft or other companies in order to have this communication functionality, as well as the ability to play or create audio CDs, media files, and video DVDs, stream music, and take and store photographs.
Furthermore, several websites and applications, such as Windows Store apps or Microsoft Office, make use of Windows Media-related files that aren’t included in N versions of the operating system.
The following are examples of media-related features that are not available in the N versions of Windows 10, but are not restricted to them.
|Windows Media Player user experience||Enables Windows Media Player features, such as the ability to play media files and audio CDs, manage media in a library, create a playlist, provide media metadata (including album art), create an audio CD, transfer music to a portable music player, and play streamed content from the website.|
|Windows Media Player ActiveX control||Exposes methods and properties for manipulating multimedia playback from a webpage or an app.|
|Windows Media Format||Provides support for the Advanced Systems Format (ASF) file container, the Windows Media audio and video codecs, basic network streaming capability, and digital rights management (DRM).|
|Windows Media DRM||Enables the secure delivery of protected content for playback on a computer, portable device, or network device.|
|Media sharing and Play To.||Enables music, pictures, and videos on a networked computer to be shared with other computers and devices on the same network. Also enables computers to find those kinds of files on the network.|
|Media Foundation||Provides support for content protection, audio and video quality, and interoperability for DRM.|
|Windows 8.1 Portable Devices (WPD) infrastructure||Communicates with attached media and storage devices, including devices that support the Media Transfer Protocol.|
|MPEG, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, AMR, Dolby Digital audio, and Opus codecs||Enable playback of digital audio content such as MP3, WMA, MPEG-2 audio, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, AC-3, and Opus.|
|VC-1, MPEG-4, H.264, H.265, H.263, and VP9 codecs||“Standards-based codec components” that enable Windows 10 software experiences such as Windows Media Player to support activities that include the playback and creation of multimedia files that are encoded with standards-based codecs.|
|Groove||A preinstalled app that plays digital music.|
|MoviesTV||A preinstalled app that plays digital video.|
|Voice Recorder||A preinstalled app for recording sounds.|
|Skype||A preinstalled app for messaging and communications.|
Effect on other features
The following Windows 10 features are not eliminated from N versions, although they are adversely affected by the removal of the media technology:
- App Sync: This functionality is not operational
- OneDrive and Photos: These applications are unable to play videos. Xbox: Some of the functionality linked with this software, such as Game DVR, is not functioning properly
- In the HomeGroup, the integrated media sharing through streaming capabilities does not function properly. Webcam: This feature is not operational
- Windows Portable Devices: There is no support for media synchronization, picture capture, or file browsing on Windows Portable Devices. Windows 10 camera devices include the following: Cameras that make use of the image transmission protocol (PTP) do not function properly. Sound Recorder: The WAV format is the only format that may be used to record audio. Alarms and a timepiece: The alarm and timer noises are not heard
- The following is the group policy regarding detachable disks: This functionality is not available in any of the N versions of Windows 10 Pro. Cortana Personal Assistant: Cortana’s speech interface with the user is not working
- Playback of media material acquired through the Windows Store is not possible. Additionally, the Store’s audio and video content previews do not function properly
- It is not possible to use the wireless display function. The ability to view PDFs in Edge does not function properly
- This feature of Windows Hello does not function
- Toast Notifications: The sounds that have been configured for toast notifications do not function. Reset this computer to its default settings: If you use this function to reset or refresh a computer that is running a N edition of Windows and that also has the Media Restore Package installed, the Media Restore Package is deleted from the machine’s hard drive. It is necessary to reinstall the package in order to restore the missing system binaries.
Pack de fonctionnalités médiatiques
Learn about the jargon that Microsoft use to describe software upgrades and how to avoid it.
Windows 10 Pro Vs Pro N: What’s The Difference Between Them
Microsoft has created twelve separate editions of Windows 10 to cater to the diverse demands of its consumers. A number of editions are exclusively accessible for distribution on devices manufactured by an original equipment manufacturer (OEM), but others are available to the general public through license channels. MiniTool’s next post will focus mostly on the differences between two Windows 10 Pro editions: Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro N.
Windows 10 Pro vs Pro N: Review
The Microsoft Windows 10 operating system is available in 12 distinct editions, each with a different set of features, use cases, and targeted devices. Unless you have certain requirements, it is difficult to discern which edition is superior. I’ve discovered that some individuals are curious about the differences between some editions of Windows, such as Windows 10 Pro versus Pro N, and I’d want to address that concern. Windows 10 Pro license vs Windows 10 Pro NHave recently constructed a handful of servers with Windows 10 Pro license and wanted to test how Windows 10 Pro N differed from Windows 10 Pro license to see how it differed.
I have, however, learned that a standard Windows 10 pro license does not function with Windows 10 Pro N, as I had previously assumed. Is there any way you can help me make this happen? Or is there a place where I can just receive the Pro N activation code? Thank you very much.
About Windows 10 Pro
Windows 10 is now the most widely used operating system (OS) on the Microsoft Windows platform. Users are increasingly choosing to upgrade their operating system from a prior version to Windows 10 for a variety of reasons, including the end of support for the previous version. Windows 10 Pro appears to be the most popular of the twelve variants offered by Microsoft, according to the data. Will the End of Support for Windows 7 Have an Impact on You? What is the appeal of Windows 10 Pro? The Windows 10 Pro edition comes with all of the features included in the Windows 10 Home edition, as well as some additional ones.
There are a few standout features in Windows 10 Pro.
In order to improve the efficiency of your business, the management of your device, identity, and application has been simplified.
- Management that is free of friction work that is seamless
- Control of mobile devices and personal computers is simple. The ability to handle several devices at the same time
Two: increased levels of protection. Microsoft Professional provides enhanced security for your company’s information, personal identities, and equipment.
- It is possible to use a simple and safe multifactor authentication
- In order to avoid startup assaults, the Windows Defender System Guard is activated. Windows Information Protection (WIP) is a tool for preventing data loss due to human error. There is a hard encryption option available: External devices can be protected with BitLocker BitLocker to Go (for a little fee).
You may find yourself in need of BitLocker disc encryption recovery but are unsure of how to go about it; this is what I’m going to explore in this article. Should you upgrade from Home to Pro? This is a related question. If you need to add an additional layer of protection and manageability for your organization as a result of transitioning to remote work, you should consider upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. There are other additional capabilities available to you, like BitLocker, Remote Desktop, Domain Join (Azure Active Directory), and Windows Information Protection, among others.
Please move on to the next part of the document.
Windows 10 N vs KN
What exactly is Windows 10 Professional N? To comprehend Windows 10 Pro N, it is necessary to first grasp Windows 10 N. Windows 10 KN (Knowledge Network). What is Windows 10 N, and how does it differ from other versions of Windows? Windows 10 N is a customized version of Windows 10 that was published in 2004 in response to anti-competitive activities discovered by the European Commission. The letter “N” stands for Europe and signifies “Not compatible with Media Player.” That is to say, the Windows N version has all of the fundamental features included in Windows 10, with the exception of the technologies associated with the pre-installed Windows Media Player.
What exactly is the Windows 10 KN?
The letter “N” stands for Korea, and it also denotes “Not compatible with Media Player.” The KN version does not include Windows Media Player or any other associated technologies such as Music, Video, Voice Recorder, or Skype, which are all available for download.
Note:In a nutshell, Windows Pro N refers to the version of Windows Pro that does not include the Media Player. Windows 10 Pro N is an unique version of Windows 10 Pro that does not have the Media Player, Music Player, Video Player, Voice Recorder, or Skype.
Windows 10 Pro Vs. Pro N – What Are the Differences?
Microsoft Windows 10 is available in 12 distinct editions, each with its own set of features and compatibility with a particular set of devices. Windows 10 Pro is one of the most widely used operating systems today. There’s also Windows 10 Pro N, which stands for Professional. What are the changes between Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro N? Windows 10 Pro has a variety of multimedia programs, such as Skype, Video, Voice Recorder, and Music Player, among other things. Windows 10 Pro N, on the other hand, does not come with Windows Media Player or any other pre-installed multimedia applications.
Continue reading to discover more about Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro N, and to choose which version best meets your requirements and tastes.
Windows 10 Pro Vs. Pro N
Windows 10 is the most widely used operating system from Microsoft to date. It has been issued in a number of different versions, each of which has adjustments and enhancements tailored to the needs of the customers. The Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro N are two of these editions. The most significant distinction between Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro N is the multimedia features. Beyond Windows Media Player, the former also includes Voice Recorder, Skype, TV, Video, and Music, to name a few features.
N denotes that the media player is not available.
Why Is Windows 10 Pro Not Available in Europe?
Windows 10 Pro is not permitted in Europe under the anti-competitive practices directive established by the European Commission in 2004. Antitrust legislation promotes healthy market competition by prohibiting the distribution of anti-competitive items. It gives users the ability to make their own decisions. Furthermore, it encourages competition rather than a monopoly in the market. Through the inclusion of built-in apps in the initial edition of Windows 10 Pro, Microsoft is effectively compelling its consumers to utilize these programs.
As a result, the potential of other app vendors is severely limited.
This is the Windows 10 Professional N edition.
Can You Download Multimedia Apps in Microsoft Windows Pro N?
No need to be concerned if you are from Europe and a frequent user of Microsoft products. Although the multimedia elements are not built into the platform, you have the option to download them if you so choose. Basically, all you have to do is go to the Microsoft Store and search for the precise applications that you want to utilize.
Can You Use Microsoft Windows Pro N Outside of Europe?
You can use Microsoft Windows Pro N even if you are not a resident of the European Union.
Individuals who prefer alternative multimedia programs than those provided by Microsoft with Windows 10 are encouraged to take use of this option.
All About Windows 10 Pro
Windows 10 Pro is a step up from Windows Home, which is a free download. You can take use of the latter’s advantages. Furthermore, you may take use of extra features and business tools, such as the ones listed below:
Windows Information Protection
Employees who use their personal devices at work have a greater chance of experiencing a data breach. Emails, social media, and the cloud are all examples of the latter type of communication. It safeguards company information and eliminates leaks, all while offering a smooth user experience to users.
An encryption tool that is embedded into the software provides an additional degree of safety for users. This unique and user-friendly tool prevents modifications from occurring without the proper permissions being granted. In addition, Microsoft states that it does not have any backdoors, guaranteeing that it is secure even when used as a closed-door program.
Users will be able to work from virtually any location thanks to this functionality. This program will allow a computer to communicate with a variety of devices, including Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows. It enables you to have virtual access to the files stored on your computer, even if you do not have physical access to the latter.
Ensure that your computer meets the following minimum system requirements before you consider installing Windows 10 Pro:
- Processor speed must be at least 1 GHz. Memory: A minimum of 1 GB RAM for 32-bit applications and 2 GB RAM for 64-bit applications
- Hard Disk Space: At least 20 GB of available space
- A video card with a resolution of at least 800 x 600 is required. A working internet connection is required for this.
What Makes Windows 10 Pro Stand Out?
Looking for compelling reasons to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro? Look no further. The following are some of the advantages that should be highlighted:
Secure Multifactor Authentication
This feature offers an additional layer of protection, reducing the likelihood of illegal access to confidential files. In addition to requiring a password, it may also require an additional code through phone call, text message, or Microsoft Authenticator.
Using this software should be as smooth as possible, thanks to Microsoft’s efforts. The whole user experience is excellent. By using the one log-in option across different devices, you may save time and effort.
Manage Even Mobile Devices
The use of Windows 10 Pro is not restricted to PCs alone. You may use it on mobile devices that are compatible with it and anticipate the same remarkable features.
All About Windows 10 Pro N
Windows 10 Pro N does not include the same multimedia features as Windows 10 Pro, therefore you will not be able to watch movies or listen to music. This signifies that there is no built-in feature for any of the items listed below:
- Playing CDs
- Making video chats
- Streaming music
- And storing media files are all examples of what you may do with your smartphone.
You may still make use of such capabilities, but you’ll have to download other applications. This may be accomplished through the Microsoft Store or any of its rivals. The following are some of the most beneficial features that you can take use of with the Windows 10 Pro N, which are also available in the Windows 10 Pro version of Windows:
One of the most significant Windows productivity tools will allow you to utilize your mobile phone as a computer, which is a really useful feature. It ensures a seamless transition from the PC to the mobile device. You can even utilize the screen of your phone to act as a virtual touchpad.
Windows 10 Pro N is not only for businesses.
It can be used for personal purposes as well. It is also suitable for gaming, and this is one of the features that distinguishes it from the competition. The ability to film and show off your greatest movements to your buddies is provided by this feature.
Users will benefit from this functionality since it will make their experience easier while still maintaining security. It enables users to login into their accounts from anywhere in the world, even if they do not have physical access to their computer. The system requirements for Windows 10 Pro N are the same as those for Windows 10 Pro, which means they are identical.
Missing Media Functions
As previously stated, the most significant distinction between Windows 10 Pro N and Windows 10 Pro is that the former does not include multimedia features while the latter does. The following are some of the particular features that are not included in this version:
Windows Media Player
It is a media library and player that may be used to play music and video files as well as see images. Music ripping and copying are also supported by more recent versions. Windows Media Player 12 is the most latest version, and it is only accessible in Windows 10 Pro, not Windows 10 Pro N. It is the most recent version available.
This is the media player developed by Microsoft. It will allow you to consolidate all of your favorite television series and movies into a single account. They are accessible from a distance via a variety of devices. All that is required of you is to log into your existing account. To access the material, you will need to download it from the Microsoft Store.
This will allow you to record everything from lectures to interviews and then retrieve the recordings through an audio file. It not only allows for recording, but it also allows for modification of the files. Additionally, you may clip, rename, and share the recordings with others.
This is one of the most important applications that does not come pre-installed in Windows 10 Pro N, but it is available as an add-on. It is a free communication platform for personal and corporate communication that allows for free calls and chats.
Alternatives Worth Considering
If you have Windows 10 Pro N, you can download the multimedia apps that were previously unavailable. If, on the other hand, you do not like for the Microsoft applications, you might explore the following alternatives:
Windows Media Player
- Wondershare UniConverter is capable of more than just video playback
- It also has other features. The ability to edit video files, download YouTube material, and transfer videos are all available options. It is capable of playing more than 1,000 movie and audio files. VLC Media Player: This free multimedia player is capable of playing a wide range of video formats, as well as CDs and DVDs. It features a user-friendly interface, making it simple to use for nearly anybody
- It is also free. GOM Player is a fantastic choice if you are seeking for a more complex alternative with a variety of features. This free program supports a variety of codecs. An additional useful feature is its screencast compatibility, which allows you to connect your smartphone to a television if you require a larger display area.
- Netflix: If you don’t mind paying a monthly membership fee, Netflix is one of the best options for streaming content. It is available in a number of different nations, with the material differing depending on where you are. You will get access to a limitless supply of information, ranging from the most recent releases to thought-provoking documentaries. If you’re searching for a free alternative to MoviesTV, Tubi is a fantastic option to check out. It provides access to an infinite amount of streaming. You will even be able to access top-rated material that is not available on Netflix. Popcorn Time is another another free streaming application that offers an almost unlimited collection of movies and TV shows. Regardless of your preferences, there is something for you. The sequential protocol is used instead of the peer-to-peer protocol. If it is not accessible in your area, try utilizing a virtual private network (VPN).
- One of the most appealing aspects of Audacity is how simple it is to use. For each change, you may select from a variety of effects that are tailored to your preferences. It even includes a tool for conducting research. Although the program enables for high-quality recording, it is recommended that you utilize a high-quality microphone. Similarly, Wavosour is a free audio recorder and editor that supports VST files and allows the playing of a wide range of audio formats. Export data in the form of text files and create statistics are other options. AudioDope: This program, like the others, does more than just capture sounds. It also has audio editing capabilities, including features such as copy, paste, and cut. Additionally, it includes tools such as a noise generator and a frequency analyzer.
- One of the most significant advantages of using WhatsApp is that you do not need to create an account. All that is required is that you have a working mobile phone number. Also famous is its end-to-end encryption, which provides the maximum level of security and anonymity. Zoom: COVID-19 is the primary cause for the current increase in the popularity of this Skype alternative in recent months. With a freemium basis and a wealth of capabilities for corporate users, it is an excellent choice. It is also possible to communicate by text message or phone call using Viber. You can even transfer files using Viber if you prefer that method. It is most commonly used as a mobile application, although it may also be used on a computer’s desktop.
Other Versions of Microsoft Windows 10
Other versions of Microsoft Windows 10 are available, in addition to the Professional and Professional N editions. These are as follows:
1. Windows 10 Home
This is the most suitable version for the majority of users. It is compatible with Microsoft’s new speech assistant as well as the Edge web browser, among other things.
2. Windows 10 S
It is a version that is intended for educational users, particularly those who are using low-end devices. This update improves the security and speed of the system.
3. Windows 10 Mobile
This Windows operating system for smartphones and tablets comes with a robust set of features to keep you productive on the go.
4. Windows 10 Enterprise
It is designed for huge enterprises, and it has features such as cutting-edge security that are second to none. You may benefit from simple deployment as well as outstanding security.
5. Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise
With the exception of the fact that Microsoft has optimized it for mobile usage, it is nearly identical to the previous choice.
Conclusion – Windows 10 Pro N Vs. Pro
Windows 10 Pro is a worldwide version of the operating system that has built-in multimedia capabilities. Windows 10 Pro N, on the other hand, is a European version of the operating system that aims to prevent monopoly. Furthermore, it lacks multimedia capabilities, such as those provided by Windows Media Player and Skype. The European Commission determined that Microsoft should not be allowed to have a monopoly on the market for operating systems. While Windows Pro N does not include any built-in media applications, you may download and install them if you so choose.
These applications may be obtained directly from the Microsoft Store. Additionally, should you choose another version, you may obtain it from a variety of other sources. Again, for your convenience, the following are your Windows 10 alternatives to consider:
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 S
- Windows 10 Mobile
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise
- Windows 10 Home
Check out this related article: What is Bluehost? What Services Does BlueHost Provide? Alternatives to the company Vistaprint Our Top 12 Picks for the Best Freelance Websites. Sites Similar to Fiverr – 10 Freelance Sites That Are Similar Free Consultation with an Attorney – No Credit Card Required
Difference Between Windows Home, Pro, Enterprise, VL, N, KN Editions
Windows 10 and Windows 11 are available in a variety of editions, including Home, Pro, Enterprise, Education, and so on. It might be difficult to choose which edition or version will best meet our requirements at times. As a result, we’ve produced a summary of the changes between the Windows Home, Pro, and Enterprise versions of the operating system. Let’s go through each edition one by one so that we can have a better understanding of the differences between all of these Windows versions. Before we get into the specifics of each edition, let us first provide a high-level overview of the differences and similarities between each edition:
|Maximum Supported RAM||4GB (32bit) 128GB (64bit)||4GB (32bit) 512GB(64bit)||4GB (32bit) 512GB (64bit)||4GB (32bit) 512GB(64bit)|
|Microsoft Edge||Yes||Yes||Except for LTSB||Yes|
|Mobile Device Management (MDM)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Current Branch for Business (CBB)||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Active Directory Member||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Enterprise Data Protection||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Enterprise Mode Internet Explorer (EMIE)||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Hyper-V||No||Only 64bit||Only 64bit||Only 64bit|
|Azure AD Member||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Remote Desktop Connection||Only Client||ClientHost||ClientHost||ClientHost|
|Windows Update for Business||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Windows to Go||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Long Term Servicing Branch (LTSB)||No||No||Yes||No|
There is a distinction between Windows editions.
Windows Home Edition
Various Windows Editions are available.
Windows Pro Edition
In Office contexts, where joining a Windows Server domain is typically necessary, the Windows Professional version is the most frequently seen. When you purchase Windows Pro, you get all of the features that are included with Windows Home, plus additional features such as Group Policy Management, Bitlocker Encryption (for remote desktop connections), Hyper-V, Azure’s ability to join Active Directory (for enterprise data protection), and Windows Update for business, among others.
Windows Enterprise Edition
Windows Enterprise edition includes all of the features of Windows Professional edition, as well as additional features such as Direct Access, Windows To Go creator, AppLocker, BranchCache, Start Screen control with Group Policy, credential guard, device guard, and so on. Windows Professional edition includes all of the features of Windows Professional edition, as well as additional features such as Direct Access, Windows To Go creator, AppLocker, BranchCache, Start Screen control with Group Policy, credential guard, and so on.
A Long Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) is also available for Enterprise Versions.
Other Windows 10 Editions
Windows Education version is designed primarily for educational institutions, and it is said to provide all of the capabilities included in Windows Enterprise edition. However, a few features have been deleted from the game since then. The Windows Education version does not have any limitations or restrictions in terms of features. It’s comparable to the Windows Enterprise edition in terms of functionality.
The Education edition can also be obtained through the use of Volume Licensing methods. This version, on the other hand, is frequently used as the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) operating system in devices created by Microsoft for the education sector.
Windows Mobile Edition
Windows Mobile is a mobile operating system built for smartphones and tablets that offers basic consumer features such as the ability to work in Continuum mode.
What does VL stand for?
There will be Windows Enterprise VL versions available. VL is an abbreviation for “Volume License.” This implies that a single Windows license key may be used to activate several instances of the operating system. This is typically employed by huge corporations.
Windows N versions are created exclusively for use in Europe and Switzerland, and they are compliant with European legislation and regulations. The N stands for “Not with Media Player” and indicates that Windows Media Player is not pre-installed on the computer. There are “N” different Windows editions available. For example, there is a “Windows 11 Home N” version of “Windows 11 Home,” which is the same as there is for the other editions. Aside from these apps, the following applications have been omitted from the N edition, as contrasted to the normal Windows editions:
- Media Player, Skype, Groove Music, MoviesTV app, and Voice Recorder app are all included.
Some of these programs included audio and video codecs, while others did not. Since the app has been deleted from the N edition, numerous underlying tools and applications have been impacted as well, and as a result, they no longer function. Microsoft Cortana, Windows Hello, PDF Viewing on Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Office, and other Windows Store applications are examples of such programs. Furthermore, the following functions in Windows N versions will not function as well as they should:
- There will be no alarm noises played
- The Wireless Display will not function
- The webcam will not function
- Some Xbox app features, such as Game DVR, will not operate properly
- This includes the Xbox 360 controller. App Sync will not function properly
- Videos in OneDrive and the Photos app will not play
- Picture transfer protocol (PTP)-enabled camera devices for Windows 10 will not function properly.
WMP and Windows Messenger are not included in KN since it has been tailored specifically for the Korean market. Because the Media Player has been uninstalled, the required codecs have also been uninstalled. As a result, the majority of the programs, features, and tools listed above would not function properly in the KN edition as well. If you have purchased a N or KN edition of Windows, you may still take use of Microsoft’s Media Feature Packs, which contain all of the required upgrades to ensure that your operating system has all of the programs and features available on a standard Windows edition of the operating system.
Hopefully, this has provided a succinct comparison of all of the Windows versions. Wikipedia has a pretty useful comparison graphic, and the Microsoft Windows 10 comparison website gives a more in-depth look at the differences between the two operating systems. Additionally, see:
Windows 10 Pro “N” Edition Explained
1018Views0 Windows 10 Pro N edition (as well as other “N” editions of Windows 10) are special variants of Windows 10 produced by Microsoft to comply with anti-competitive legislation issued by the European Commission in 2004. With a few exceptions, these “N” versions of Windows 10 provide the same functionality as the non-“N” editions, with the exception of several security measures. In general, if you have the Windows 10 Pro N edition, your version of Windows 10 will not have several media-related apps that are pre-installed on other versions of Windows 10.
The features of Windows 10 Pro N edition (and other “N” versions of Windows 10) that are not covered in this Itechguide will be explained in detail in this Itechguide. First and foremost, I’ll show you exactly how to obtain these “lost” applications.
Apps Not Included In Windows 10 Pro N
If you select one of the “N” editions, none of the following programs will be pre-installed on your computer. If you require the usage of any of the apps on this list, I have given information on how to obtain these specific applications. In contrast, if you wish to use all of the built-in capabilities of Windows 10, check the last section of this article.
Isn’t that shocking? The answer is that Skype does not come pre-installed in any of the Windows 10 N versions. You can, however, access web.skype.com via a browser if you wish to make use of the Skype communication service. Skype may also be obtained by downloading and installing it from the Microsoft Store. Open the Microsoft Store by searching for it and clicking on it. Then, using the search bar at the top right of the Microsoft Store, look for and install Skype.
Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player is another another software that does not come pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro N. According to the inference, the following items are not available:
- The inability to play media files will be a major inconvenience. It will not be possible to play multimedia files from a website or an application. This means that you will not be able to share music, photographs, or movies stored on your computer across a network.
In the next part, I go into further detail about these characteristics.
Groove Music is a pre-installed application in the basic Windows 10 installation. This application is used to listen to digital music. Unfortunately, because the Groove Music app does not come pre-installed in the Windows 10 Pro N version, you will be unable to utilize this program in this configuration. You may, however, download the Groove Music app from the Microsoft Store if you choose. In order to get Groove Music from the Microsoft Store, you must first search for and launch the Microsoft Store application.
While the Groove Music app is used to play digital music, the MoviesTV app is used to stream digital movie content. The Windows 10 “N” versions, including the Windows 10 Pro N edition, do not have this program as a pre-installed option. Fortunately, like the previous three apps mentioned, you can download and install this software via the Windows Store application.
Voice Recorder App
The Voice Recorder App is likewise absent from all “N” models of the iPhone and iPad. In other words, if you utilize Windows 10 Professional N version, you will be unable to capture voice and noises. You may, however, download and install the software through the Windows Store application. I’ve already mentioned that several elements of Windows 10 that rely on media technologies may not function correctly in the “N” editions of the operating system. Listed and explained in this section are all of the features and functions that will not be available in Windows 10 Pro N.
Cortana, Windows Hello, And PDF Viewing On Edge
Unfortunately, these new capabilities of Windows 10 will not be available on the Windows 10 Pro N edition of the operating system. In the words of Microsoft, these functions “are dependent on Windows Media files, which are not available in N versions.” That means you will be unable to search for information using Cortana, Microsoft’s virtual assistant.
Furthermore, you will be unable to take use of the enhanced security measures provided by Windows Hello. Additionally, reading PDF documents in the new Microsoft Edge will be impossible.
Some Windows Store Apps And Microsoft Office
It is possible that some Windows Store apps including Microsoft Office will not function properly. They rely on Media-related files that are not included in “N” editions of Windows 10 and must be downloaded separately. Furthermore, certain websites that rely on Media-related files that are not included in the “N” editions may not function properly if they are not updated. If you discover that certain websites are not functioning properly, or that any of the previously listed applications are not functioning well, you may remedy the problem by following the instructions outlined in the last portion of this article.
Other Features Not Available In Windows 10 Pro N Edition
Aside from the aspects I’ve previously mentioned, there is a large number of features that have been negatively impacted by the removal of media technology from Windows 10 Pro N version. If you are using Windows 10 in its “N” edition, the following functionality will not function:
- The alarm sounds will not be played. The Wireless Display will not function
- The webcam will not function
- Some Xbox app features, such as Game DVR, will not operate properly
- This includes the Xbox 360 controller. App Sync will not function properly
- There are no videos to be found in OneDrive or Photos. If you utilize the “Reset this PC” function to reset a Windows 10 Pro N edition, you will need to reinstall the Media Restore Package – if it was previously installed
- Otherwise, you will need to reload the Media Restore Package. Picture transfer protocol (PTP)-enabled camera devices for Windows 10 will not function properly.
How To Restore Missing Features In Windows 10 Pro N Editions
To install all of the missing media apps in Windows 10 Professional N version, follow the instructions outlined below:
- Follow this link to theMedia Feature Pack for N editions link
- Then scroll down until you see a button that says “Download the Media Feature Pack update package immediately.” The link will open in a new tab in your browser.
- Click on the Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10section and click on theDownload button.
- Then, on the Choose the download you want page, make sure the checkbox next to your Windows 10 version is selected. When you have finished making your choices, click the Next button, which is located at the bottom right of the screen.
If your version of Windows 10 is x86, look for the KB3133719-x86.msu.msu file. However, if you have an x64 system, you should check KB3133719-x64.msu.msu. When in doubt about which file to download, download both and then install them one after the other to see which works best. If you attempt to install the incorrect version, you will receive an error message; at that point, you can go to the next file.
- Make sure that theKB3133719-x86.msu.msu is installed on your Windows 10 x86 system. Check KB3133719-x64.msu.msu if you have an x64 system, though. When in doubt about which file to download, download both and then install them one after the other to see which is the most effective. Trying to install the incorrect version will result in an error, after which you may try installing the correct version again from a different file.
When you have completed the installation and restarted your PC, all of the missing media-related applications will be installed, and Windows 10 Pro N should function similarly to a typical Windows 10 computer. Please accept my sincere thanks for taking the time to read this information. If you found it useful, please indicate your preference by selecting Yes in the “Was this post helpful?” question below. Additionally, if you would like to provide specific comments on this tutorial, please do so using the “Leave a Reply” box located at the bottom of this page.
What are the Windows 10 N and KN Editions?
Data-buyersjourney=”” data-ext=”” data-author=”Rod Trent” data-pub=”Aug 03, 2015″ data-visibility=”visible” data-perm=”public” data-pid=”1d3c7806-7d9d-4b47-b904-c20165b6a62a” data-contentsponsor=”” data-content=”” data-contentsponsor=”” data-content=”” data-content=”” data- Due to a decision for anti-competitive acts by the European Commission in 2004, Microsoft has been required to maintain special editions for its Windows operating systems.
- These editions, denoted by the letters “N” for Europe and “KN” for Korea, include all of the basic features of the operating system, but do not include Windows Media Player or any other related technologies pre-installed.
- Unless you live in or acquire a computer in a nation that is obliged to use the N and KN versions, you will receive a computer that does not have any media technologies.
- Check out the Media feature pack for Windows 10 N and Windows 10 KN editions on the Microsoft support website for a complete list of features that are not included.
- However, if you want to do so, you can still install Windows Media Player and associated programs at any time for free by downloading and installing a special Media Feature Pack that contains all of the necessary components.
You can find the download for Windows 10 here: Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10
[SOLVED] – Difference between Windows 10 PRO vs PRO N? Or Home vs Home N
I had to go look it up because I couldn’t remember what I was talking about. The pro n does not have any windows media applications or other similar software, nor does it have skype. I’d describe it as “bare bones.” In addition to the standard editions of Windows 10, “N” and “KN” editions of Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro are also available. These editions include the same functionality as the standard editions, with the exception that they do not include certain media-related technologies (such as Windows Media Player, Camera, Music, MoviesTV, and the Skype app).
- Thank you one again, mate.
- It’s a nice looking operating system, too.
- Anyway, it doesn’t tell me anything about an issue because I don’t have an anti-virus product installed, but Windows 7 did notice that there was a problem and informed me accordingly.
- Do you have it installed on your Windows 10 computer, and if so, which version?
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|G||QuestionAorus 6700XT used or TUF 3060Ti new or Gigabyte 3060ti or Gigabyte 6800XTor 3070 ti for budget conscious – different prices – need advice||Graphics Cards||5|
|B||QuestionColors on new graphics card is a lot different than old graphics card||Graphics Cards||1|
|R||QuestionHow to setup two different GPUs in one system?||Graphics Cards||3|
|Running two different GPUs||Graphics Cards||6|
|A||QuestionCan aio pumps fluctuate at different speeds constantly?||Graphics Cards||2|
|QuestionRX 460 2gb vs RX 460 4gb, how much difference is there?||Graphics Cards||2|
|L||QuestionCan we use many different VGA to get more VRAM for video editing?||Graphics Cards||6|
|QuestionDual (different) discrete AMD GPUs not functioning||Graphics Cards||2|
|QuestionExperiencing multiple different weird GPU bugs/issues||Graphics Cards||1|
|QuestionIs my graphics card dying? Or might there be a different problem?||Graphics Cards||21|
Windows 10 Pro vs Pro N
This is the best location to learn about the differences between Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro N, as well as which one is better for you: Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Pro N. There is a significant difference between Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro N. What if you are a computer user who uses Windows 10 on your computer or who wants to install Windows 10 but discovers that there are many versions of Windows 10 – Windows 10 home, Windows 10 pro, Pro N, Professional Education, Professional Workstation, and so on?
Consequently, if you are confused about which version of Windows 10 to install while you are installing Windows 10, please read this post thoroughly, in which I explain the difference between Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro N.
So let’s get this party started!
Difference Between Windows 10 Pro and Pro N
Now, I’ll go through some of the most significant differences between Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro N, which will help you better comprehend what the distinction is between Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro N.
|Windows 10 Pro||Windows 10 Pro N|
|Windows 10 Pro version made for Beginners||Windows 10 Pro N also made for Beginners|
|In this, you get much Pre-installed software.||But in this, you don’t get Pre-installed software|
|Its Performance speed some less than Pro N||Its Performance Speed some faster than Pro|
|You don’t need to install system software||You need to install some software separately|
|Windows 10 Pro takes longer to install||Windows 10 Pro N takes less time to install|
Windows 10 Pro vs Pro N for Beginners
Using Windows 10 Pro if you are a first-time Windows user is recommended; it has the same standard features as Windows 10 Home, as well as some pre-installed software and services (as opposed to using Windows 10 Home). A beginner can use any version of Windows 10 because it was designed with beginners in mind. Window 10 Pro N– If you are a beginner Windows user, you can also use Windows 10 Pro N because it has the same normal features and some services as Windows 10 Home and Pro.
I will reiterate that a beginner can use any version of Windows 10 because Windows 10 is designed for beginners. Windows 10 Home and Pro are the two most popular versions of Windows 10.
- Which Operating System is Better for You? Windows 7 vs Windows 10: Which Is Better for You? Linux versus Windows: Which is the better choice for you?
Windows 10 Pro vs Pro N System Performance
Windows 10 Pro– We can say that the system performance of Windows 10 Pro N is faster than the system performance of Windows 10 Pro. This is because in Windows 10 Pro, you already have many pre-installed software and services that you are unable to uninstall on your own. As a result, Windows 10 Pro is used by beginners, and its system performance is also excellent. The user of Windows 10 Pro n does not receive any pre-installed software, but he or she can install any system software separately if he or she so desires.
- How Much Hard Disk Space Does Windows 10 Really Consume
- Instructions on how to create a new partition on the C drive in Windows 10.
Windows 10 Pro vs Pro N for Gaming
Windows 10 Pro– If you are a gamer, you can use Windows 10 Pro to play games. However, no version of Windows 10 is specifically designed for gaming; rather, it is an improved version of Windows 7 and 8 that allows users to work more quickly on it. However, it may also be used in video games. Using Windows 10 Pro N– If you are aware that the system performance of Windows 10 Pro N is superior than that of Windows 10 Pro, you should have figured out which of these two operating systems will be more suitable for your gaming needs.
- How to crack a wifi password on Windows 10 by utilizing the cmd command line
- The Office 2010 Product Key may be found in the Registry
- Locate the Photoshop serial number on your computer. The SSD vs. the HDD: Which is the best choice for you?
In the event that you like this article (Windows 10 Pro versus Pro N), please forward it to your friends and family so that they do not encounter a similar difficulty in the future. If you have any questions or concerns about any portion of this post, or if you want any further information about computers, please let me know in the comment box and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you very much!
Windows 10 editions compared – Computing Science
Please keep in mind that the material on this page pertains exclusively to SFU’s membership to ” Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching “, which is identical to the previous ” Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance (MSDNAA)” program to which the School was a subscriber. There are no explicit or implied warranties of any kind offered with this material, which is supplied “as is.” The official edition comparison sheet may be seen by visiting this external site. Please see this external page for information on official Windows 10 licensing.
Special notes on the Windows Updates (or Microsoft Updates):
The material on this page exclusively pertains to SFU’s membership to ” Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching “, which is identical to the previous ” Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance (MSDNAA)” program to which the School was a member. There are no explicit or implied warranties of any sort supplied with the material on this page.
Please see the following external link for the official edition comparison sheet: Please visit this external page if you want to purchase certified Windows 10 software. See this Q and A if you want to learn how to completely reinstall Windows 10.
Comparison of Windows 10 editions (partial)
Hint: the ” Education ” version is the most powerful one offered to CMPT members as part of our subscription service. It is necessary to acquire a license ($0.00) for this Education version and to obtain the most recent ISO media in order to complete the installation. Please obtain a copy of “Windows 10 Education, version 21H2 – DVD” as of 2022.01.04.
|Windows 10 Education||Windows 10 Education is available just for education customers in volume licensing programs.Windows 10 Education includes features from Windows 10 Enterprise that are ideal for advanced security, and the comprehensive device control and management needs of today’s educational institution. Windows 10 Education also enables simplified deployment in the education space; this edition provides a direct path for many devices to upgrade from Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro.||Recommended! Please purchase a license for it|
|Windows 10 Education N||Windows 10 Education N includes the same functionality as Windows 10 Education, except that it does not include certain media related technologies (Windows Media Player, Camera, Music, TVMovies) and does not include the Skype app.||no longer available|
|Windows 10 (Multiple Editions)||The installation file contains Windows 10 Education, Windows 10 Professional and Windows 10 Home.Windows 10 Pro is designed for small and medium businesses enabling organizations to manage their devices and apps, protect their business data, facilitate remote and mobile scenarios as well as take advantage of the cloud technologies for their organizations. In addition to small and medium businesses, Windows 10 Pro devices would be a good choice for organizations supporting CYOD programs.Windows 10 Home – CMPT users: please do not use.||no longer available|
|Windows 10 N (Multiple Editions)||The installation file contains Windows 10 Education N, Windows 10 Professional N and Windows 10 Home N.Windows 10 * N includes the same functionality as Windows 10 *, except that it does not include certain media related technologies (Windows Media Player, Camera, Music, MoviesTV) and does not include the Skype app.Windows 10 Home N – CMPT users: please do not use.||no longer available|
|Windows 10 Enterprise||Windows 10 Enterprise builds on Windows 10 Pro adding premium features designed to address the needs of large and mid-size organizations (including large academic institutions), such as advanced protection against modern security threats, full flexibility of OS deployment, updating and support options; as well as comprehensive device and app management and control capabilities.||Access restricted to MSDNAA admins.|
|Windows 10 Enterprise N||Windows 10 Enterprise N includes the same functionality as Windows 10 Enterprise, except that it does not include certain media related technologies (Windows Media Player, Camera, Music, TVMovies) and does not include the Skype app.||Access restricted to MSDNAA admins.|
(obsolete) Special notes on the Windows 10multi-edition Consumermedia
As of the year 2022, this piece of information is no longer relevant. From the beginning of 2018, we expect that this media will be appropriate for the majority of our users. This one (Windows 10 Multiple Editions) is the one you should always purchase or obtain for home academic usage. The following editions of Consumer media are included in this multi-edition: Windows 10 Education is a free download. Windows 10 Education Edition (N) Windows 10 Professional Edition Windows 10 Professional N Windows 10 Pro for Workstations is a professional version of Windows 10.
Using Windows 10 Pro Education Edition N Windows 10 Core is only available in one language.
Windows 10 Home N (non-commercial version)
I have trouble updating Windows 10 with Feature Update, what I should do?
Please see this link for answers. To obtain complete information on how to obtain Windows 10 for your own PC, please visit this link. The most recent update was made on 2022.01.04. Initialized on July 30th, 2015.