- 1 Sticky Note Location
- 2 Sticky Notes: Location, Backup, and Restore in Windows 10
- 3 Where Are Sticky Notes Stored Windows 10?
- 4 Back up Sticky Notes
- 5 Restore Sticky Notes from Backup copy
- 6 Bottom Line
- 7 Where are Sticky Notes saved in Windows 10 – Location
- 8 How to Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10/8/7 [2021 Tutorial]
- 9 Overview of Microsoft Sticky Notes
- 10 Part 1. How to Backup Sticky Notes in Windows 10/8/7
- 11 Part 2. Recover Sticky Notes from Backup
- 12 Conclusion
- 13 Where are Windows 10 Sticky Notes stored?
- 14 How to Back Up and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows
- 15 Sync Your Sticky Notes Instead
- 16 First: Show Hidden Files
- 17 Back Up Sticky Notes Files in Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 1607) or Later
- 18 Back Up Sticky Notes Files in Windows 10 Pre-Anniversary Update, Windows 8, and Windows 7
- 19 How to Back Up, Restore, and Migrate Sticky Notes in Windows 10
- 20 Where sticky notes are stored and how you can recover them
- 21 Sticky Notes Location Windows 10
- 22 Sticky Notes Location Windows 10
- 23 How to backup sticky notes in Windows 10
- 24 How to Backup and Restore Sticky Notes Data in Windows 10
- 25 Backup Sticky Notes Data in Windows 10
- 26 Backup Sticky Notes (Older versions) Data
- 27 [Solved] Sticky Notes Disappeared in Windows 10/8/7
- 28 Fixes for Sticky Notes Disappeared on Windows 10/11
- 29 How to Recover Deleted Sticky Notes in Windows 10/11
- 30 Conclusions
- 31 Additional Help – Sticky Notes FAQs
- 32 How to Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows
- 33 How to Backup Sticky Notes in Windows 10? (3 Methods)
- 34 Can you backup Windows Sticky Notes?
- 35 Where are Sticky Notes stored in windows 10/8/7?
- 36 How to perform Sticky Notes backup in Windows 10?
- 37 Supplement: transfer Sticky Notes from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- 38 Conclusion
Sticky Note Location
Using Windows explorer, copy and paste the following into the address bar: Sticky Notes.snt may be found in the percent AppData percent MicrosoftSticky Notes folder. It’s possible that Microsoft moved the location with the 1803 release. Virginia is known as the “Time Lady.” The following response was deemed to be helpful by 11 people: Was this response of assistance? Sorry if this wasn’t of assistance. Great! Thank you for taking the time to provide comments. What level of satisfaction do you have with this response?
What level of satisfaction do you have with this response?
The first step in preserving and recovering your Sticky Notes is determining where they are stored in Windows 10.
Using a USB stick, connect it to the other device where you wish to restore the notes, open the same Sticky Notes folder, and then copy and paste theplum.sqlitefile into the same location.
- To finish, close the folder and restart your computer simply to make sure the modifications are still there.
- On your new smartphone, you should be able to see all of your Sticky Notes.
- Thank you!
- Sorry if this wasn’t of assistance.
- Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.
- Thank you for your feedback; it allows us to make improvements to the site.
- Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.
Sticky Notes: Location, Backup, and Restore in Windows 10
Sticky Notes have long been a useful tool for anybody who wants to jot notes fast and then pin them to their desktop for easy reference. What is the location of Sticky Notes in Windows 10? This guide from MiniTool Partition Wizard will walk you through the process. In addition, you may learn how to back up and restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10 by reading this article. If you make any modifications to your notes, Sticky Notes will automatically save them for you, even if you fail to save the changes yourself.
However, first and foremost, you must understand where Sticky Notes are saved in Windows 10. Please continue reading this article to find out more about it.
Where Are Sticky Notes Stored Windows 10?
Sticky Notes is a Windows application that keeps all data in a database named plum.sqlite. Any content you store in this database is accessible through the Sticky Notes application. So, where exactly do Sticky Notes reside in Windows 10? Because Sticky Notes keeps notes in a secret folder in the user directory, you must first enable the reveal hidden files option in order to locate Sticky Notes. Start by launching File Explorer and navigating to the ViewShow/hideHidden itemsoption. 2. Select the address bar and copy and paste the following address: percent UserProfile percent AppDataLocalPackages Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbweLocalState.
- And you’ll discover a database file named plum.sqlite in the process.
- You have the option of accessing disks and folders in a sequential manner.
- For example: When it comes to Windows 8.1/8/7, StickyNotes.snt is the most appropriate; Plum.sqlite is mostly utilized for Windows 10.
- You’ll need to figure out how to recover notes that were mistakenly erased.
Back up Sticky Notes
The steps in the following section will demonstrate how to efficiently back up Sticky Notes in Windows 10. Step 1: Launch the Rundialog by pressing the Windows key + R. Step 2: To open the Sticky Notes file location, type the path shown below and press Enter. C:UsersusernameAppDataLocalPackages Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbwe Step 3: Use the right-click menu to copy all of the files (most especially, the database files, which are named plum.sqlite, plum.sqlite-shm, and plum.aqlite-wal) to a secure location, such as an external hard drive or a flash memory stick.
Restore Sticky Notes from Backup copy
If you have copied the sticky notes file to another place or device as a backup, you can restore it by following the procedures outlined here. Connect the gadget to your computer in the first step. Step 2: Go to the Sticky Notes folder on your computer and open it. 3. Copy all of the files from your backup folder and paste them into the Sticky Notes folder, replacing the original files.
After that, you should be able to reopen the Sticky Notes application and view and review your notes once again. Do you understand how to perform hard drive recovery? You will learn how to do hard drive recovery, which includes data recovery and partition recovery, by reading this article.
We have now reached the conclusion of this essay. Throughout this post, we’ll show you where Sticky Notes are saved in Windows 10 as well as how to back them up and restore them. Do you have any queries concerning the information presented here? Any queries you may have should be posted in the comment section and we will do our best to respond as quickly as possible.
Where are Sticky Notes saved in Windows 10 – Location
For example, Sticky Notes is a Windows application that, in contrast to other applications such as Notepad, does not store content in a basic TXT file. As an alternative, it stores all of the information in a database namedplum.sqlite. Whatever text you store in this database will be available to you. It is a SQL Lite database, as the name implies. It is discussed in this post where Sticky Notes are saved in Windows 10, that is, the specific spot where they are stored physically. Open the File Explorer by clicking on the address bar at the top of the screen.
Look for a database file with the nameplum.sqlite in your computer’s hard drive.
Theplum.sqlitefile should be copied and pasted in the same location as another machine.
Make sure to read the entire page on How to Back Up, Save, and Restore Sticky Notes for more information.
Extract Sticky Notes data without the app
Now that we know where Sticky Notes keeps its data and that it is stored in a SQL Lite Database, we can go on to the next step. It is not possible to read a SQL database by opening it in Notepad, but a free SQL database reader, such as DB Browser, can be used. Follow the steps below if you do not wish to read it using the Sticky Notes mobile application.
- Install the DB browser for SQL Lite that you downloaded before. After that, look for it in the Start menu and open it
- Click on the Open Database button in the DB browser program. Navigate to the path of the toplum.sqlitefile and select to open it
- The first tab will show you the Database Structure, while the second tab will allow you to browse through the data. Change your mind about it
- It will list all of the information included in the Sticky Notes in the form of rows
- In the database, each row corresponds to a single Notein Sticky Note. When you click on the Text column, the data for that note will show on the left side of the screen. Using the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + A and Ctrl + C, copy the entire text.
There is, however, one limitation to this. There is a line break before each line, which is preceded by text that looks somewhat like this: 2d4fe8d6-4c3-4ce9-8494-5169122d7597. You’ll have to take them all out one by one. Having said that, you are free to go all nerdy about it. You may copy text from the database reader and paste it into another database of Sticky Notes to create a new database of sticky notes. When you need to take a backup and restore your Sticky Notes, knowing where they are saved in Windows might be really useful.
He has been a Microsoft MVP for ten years (2006-16) and is a Windows Insider MVP.
Please read the whole topic and all of the comments before making any changes to your system. Also, build a System Restore Point before making any changes to your system. When installing freeware, be cautious of any third-party offers that may appear.
How to Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10/8/7 [2021 Tutorial]
The following is a disclaimer, however: There is a line break before each line, which is preceded by text that looks somewhat like this: 2d4fe8d6-4ce3-4494-5169122d7597. It will be necessary for you to eliminate them all. Even with that in mind, you can get into it. Sticky Notes allows you to copy text from the database reader and paste it into an another database of Sticky Notes. When you need to take a backup and restore your Sticky Notes, knowing where they are saved in Windows comes in helpful.
If you haven’t already, please read through the whole post and the comments before making any modifications to your system.
- Step 1. Press the Windows + R keys together to bring up the Run dialog box. Step 2. To access the Sticky Notes file location, type the path below and press “OK.” C:UsersusernameAppDataLocalPackagesMicrosoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbwe
- C:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftSticky Notes
- C:UsersusernameAppDataLocalPackagesMicrosoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8 Step 3.Right-click to copy theStickyNotes.sntorplum.sqlitefile to an external hard disk or a USB flash drive
- Step 4.
Here you’ll find some basic information on Microsoft Sticky Notes, including where Sticky Notes are saved on Windows 10 and how to backup Sticky Notes in Windows 10/8/7 on your own computer. When you lose it, you may instantly restore the Sticky Notes from a backup that has been created for you. You may even move Sticky Notes from one computer to another by following the recovery instructions. Learn how to backup and restore Microsoft Sticky Notes on your own by reading this article:
Overview of Microsoft Sticky Notes
Sticky Notes, commonly known as Microsoft Sticky Notes, is a desktop notes program developed by Microsoft Corporation to assist users in rapidly creating notes and saving them for later use in Windows 10/8/7 operating systems. With Microsoft Sticky Notes, you can compose notes, type them, draw them, or attach a photo to them, format them, and stick them to your computer’s desktop. You can even sync them between devices, apps, and other applications. Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 all include the Sticky Notes tool, which is quite useful for keeping track of critical information while working on a computer.
You may mistakenly remove Sticky Notes or even lose them as a result of an operating system crash, a computer restart, or other circumstances.
But if you have a backup of the lost Sticky Notes, you may restore them in under a minute by simply selecting them from the backup list.
Part 1. How to Backup Sticky Notes in Windows 10/8/7
Specifically, it applies to:Identifying the location of Sticky Notes in Windows 10/8/7, as well as providing effective methods for swiftly backing up Sticky Notes for free. Is it possible to backup Windows Sticky Notes? Sticky Notes on Windows 10 or Windows 8/7 may be easily backed up if you know where they are kept on your computer.
- 1. Determine the location of Sticky Notes
- 2. Create a backup of Sticky Notes
If you’re a lover of sticky notes and use them to jot down everything you consider essential, it’s critical that you back up your sticky notes by following the strategies suggested below.
To do this, we recommend that you go through the instructions listed below one by one:
1. Find Sticky Notes Location in Windows
If you want to use Sticky Notes on your Windows PC, you must first figure out where they are stored. Step 1: Enable the display of hidden files. Because Sticky Notes keeps notes in a secret folder in the User directory, you must first enable the display of hidden files in order to be able to locate the notes. Open the File Explorer program. Select ViewShow/Hide from the drop-down menu. Check the box labeled “Hidden objects.” Step 2.Identify the position of Sticky Notes in Windows 10/8/7. Because of the differences in operating system versions, the position of Sticky Notes may also vary.
- When using Windows 10 version 1607 or later: C:UsersusernameAppDataLocalPackages Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbwe
- On Windows 8/7 or Windows 10 1067 lower:C:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftSticky Notes
- On Windows 8/7 or Windows 10 1067 lower:C:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftSticky Notes
2. Backup Sticky Notes in Windows 10/8/7
Following that, you’ll find two sticky note backup and recovery methods in this section: 3. Make a backup of the StickyNotes.snt file from the Windows 10 Sticky Notes location; 4. Make a backup of the StickyNotes.snt file using third-party backup software The first method involves manually backing up Sticky Notes in Windows 10/8.1/8/7. Step 1. Press the Windows + R keys together to bring up the Run dialog box. Step 2.Enter the path shown below and press “OK” to access the Sticky Notes file: Sticky Notes file location:
- Windows 10:C:UsersusernameAppDataLocalPackagesC:UsersusernameC:UsersusernameC:UsersusernameC:UsersusernameC:UsersusernameC:UsersusernameC:UsersusernameC:UsersusernameC:UsersusernameC:UsersusernameC:UsersusernameC:UsersusernameC:UsersusernameC:Users Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbwe
- Windows 8.1/8/7:C:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftSticky Notes
- Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbwe
Step 3.Right-click to copy theStickyNotes.sntorplum.sqlitefile to a safe area, such as an external hard disk or a USB device, and then delete it. The Sticky Notes file extension may change depending on the operating system used: StickyNotes.snt is most commonly used with Windows 8.1/8/7, whereas plum.sqlite is most commonly used with Windows 10. Method 2: Using a backup software program, backup sticky notes. Using the EaseUS Todo Backup file backup program, you may back up individual files or folders on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP operating systems.
You may easily use this program to explore and discover the Sticky Notes file, after which you can choose to backup the file by following the procedures listed below: Step 1.Open the EaseUS Todo Backup program and select “File,” “Disk/partition,” or “OS” as the backup type for each of the several backup purposes.
Then, using the “Browse” button, navigate to the location where you wish to save the backup file.
To benefit from a big amount of cloud storage space, all you have to do is register for an EaseUS account.
Step 3.Click on “Save” to begin the data backup procedure and complete it. In addition to keeping up Sticky Notes, you can use this program to produce your own disk partition backups, system backups, and other types of backups. It’s completely free to use this program.
Part 2. Recover Sticky Notes from Backup
Sticky Notes Recovery for Windows 10/8 allows you to recover lost Sticky Notes from a backup and also move Sticky Notes to another machine. If you are experiencing the same problem as those described above, the instructions and methods in this section can assist you:
- I’d like to know how I can get my sticky notes back. 2.How can I move Sticky Notes from one computer to another in Windows 10? 2.
You may restore Sticky Notes from a backup by following the appropriate instructional instructions provided below, which is depending on the method you used to back it up:
- 1. Restore from a Sticky Notes copy
- 2. Restore from a Sticky Notes backup image
- 3. Restore from a Sticky Notes backup image
1. Restore Sticky Notes from Its Backup Copy
If you manually copied the Sticky Notes file to another place or device as a backup, you can restore it by following the procedures outlined here. To transfer the file to another computer, follow these steps:Step 1.If you saved the Sticky Notes copy on an external device, connect it to your target PC.Step 2.Open the Sticky Notes location on your computer (the path shown in Part 1)Step 3.Copy theStickyNotes.sntorplum.sqlitefile from your backup folder and paste it into the Sticky Notes folder.After this, you should be able to view and check your notes once more.
2. Restore Sticky Notes with EaseUS Todo Backup
The Image Recovery function of EaseUS Todo Backup allows you to simply recover or move Sticky Notes from one computer to another if you have backed them up with it. Keep in mind that you must know the default storage location – the Sticky Notes folder on your computer – in order to restore the Sticky Notes backup image. The following are the steps that you can take: Following that, you may restart your computer and re-open Sticky Notes. Your lost or moved notes should now be available in Sticky Notes if you go to that location.
On this page, we’ll explain what Sticky Notes is and provide you with two free options for backing up your Sticky Notes on Windows 10/8/Windows 7. When you accidentally delete Sticky Notes, you have the option of restoring them from a backup image or a manual copy. In addition to regularly backing up your Sticky Notes, we recommend that you back up any other important data on your computer in case of an unexpected computer failure or accident. With EaseUS Todo Backup, you’ll always have dependable and powerful backup software at your disposal.
There will be no more material.
Where are Windows 10 Sticky Notes stored?
Sticky notes have been a useful feature for anybody who needs to create brief notes and keep them attached to their desktop for easy reference ever since they were first introduced in Windows 7. Furthermore, all of these notes are synchronized with Microsoft’s OneDrive servers, and you can view them via the OneNote software on your Android or iOS device. Besides that, Alternatively, you may create similar notes using the OneNote mobile app, and they will be reflected on your desktop as well as your mobile device.
- A regular user may never require access to these backup files, but if you wish to make a local backup of your notes, knowing where these files are stored might be quite beneficial.
- Check out this article on how to remove apps using the Command Prompt in Windows 10.
- If you’re using Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 version 1511 or earlier, you’ll find all of your sticky notes saved as aStickyNotes.sntfile on the following path: c:windowssystem32aStickyNotes.sntfile.
- If you’re using the most recent Windows 10 update, or more particularly Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607 and later, your notes are now kept in a SQLLite database in the following location:plum.sqlite.
- Following that, you may copy the relevant files to your computer and preserve them as a local backup for your notes.
- Just be mindful of the fact that doing so will delete any existing notes you may have previously saved.
Someone who writes, edits, photographs, and hosts all things technology, and when he’s not doing that, streams himself racing virtual automobiles on Twitch. You may reach out to Yadullah at, or you can follow him on social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter.
How to Back Up and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows
For those of you who use the Windows Sticky Notes application, you’ll be pleased to know that you can back up your notes and even move them to another PC if you so desire. When it comes to how to do it, it all depends on which version of Windows you’re running.RELATED:How to Use Sticky Notes on Windows 10Much like its physical counterpart, the WindowsSticky Notesapp makes it simple to jot down notes where you’ll see them—right on your computer’s desktop. Sticky Notes was a desktop application that existed prior to the Anniversary Update to Windows 10.
Although the Store app has gained a few useful features, such as ink support, it still does not allow you to synchronize notes between computers, even if they are all connected to the same Microsoft account.
The most significant change is the location in which the notes are stored.
Sync Your Sticky Notes Instead
Update: We’ve received word that the approach outlined below is no longer effective with the most recent versions of Sticky Notes. Fortunately, Microsoft has added cloud syncing functionality to the Sticky Notes app! To sync your Sticky Notes with your Microsoft account, just select the gear-shaped Settings icon in the Sticky Notes window, then click “Login In” and sign into your Microsoft account to complete the process. To access your Sticky Notes from another computer, sign in with the same Microsoft account that you used to create them.
First: Show Hidden Files
In order to use Sticky Notes, you must first ensure that hidden folders are visible in the Users directory. To do this, right-click on the Users directory and select Show Hidden Folders from the context menu. Open File Explorer on Windows 8 or 10, go to the “View” tab, click the “Show/hide” button, and then select the “Hidden items” option from the drop-down menu. In Windows 7, you’ll need to go to ToolsFolder Options, pick the “View” tab, and then select the “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” option to see the hidden files, folders, and drives.
Back Up Sticky Notes Files in Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 1607) or Later
How to Determine Which Build and Version of Windows 10 You Have (Related) You’re now ready to locate the Sticky Notes storage folder that you created earlier. The following location is where you’ll find them if you’re using the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (build 1607or later), whereusernameis obviously the name of the user account that you’re looking for. Browse there, or just copy and paste the following address into the address bar of your File Explorer: C:Usersusername AppDataLocalPackagesMicrosoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbweMicrosoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbwe All that is required is that you transfer everything from that spot to a backup folder that may be put anywhere you wish.
Ensure that Sticky Notes is closed before attempting to restore the files to Sticky Notes (for example, on a different computer so that you may continue to use the same notes).
Locate the same folder we directed you to before and copy all of your backed-up files into it, overwriting everything that is presently present there. When you relaunch Sticky Notes, the notes that you previously backed up should appear in their original location.
Back Up Sticky Notes Files in Windows 10 Pre-Anniversary Update, Windows 8, and Windows 7
When operating Windows 7, Windows 8, or a Windows 10 build previous to the Anniversary Update (anything lower than build 1607), the method for backing up and restoring your files and settings is the same as it is when running Windows 10. The location files are kept in a different place than they are in the desktop version of the software. There are Sticky Note files available for those previous versions, which may be found at the following location: Sticky Notes is located in the C:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftSticky Notes directory.
Take note of this fact.
There is one more point to be aware of before moving forward.
You won’t be able to copy notes from a PC running Windows 7 to a PC running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, for example, because of this limitation.
How to Back Up, Restore, and Migrate Sticky Notes in Windows 10
A built-in option to migrate your Sticky Notes from one computer to another is not available in Windows 10. However, we’ll demonstrate how to accomplish that here. Sticky Notes in Windows 10 are the digital version of the ubiquitous Post-It notes that can be found affixed to monitors in cubicles all over the world. Sticky Notes are a feature that was introduced in Windows 8. Despite the fact that sticky notes are a quick and casual method to scribble down information, both the paper and digital forms of sticky notes can include unexpectedly important information at times (passwords, tracking numbers, anniversary dates, etc.).
- After being initially introduced in Windows Vista, Sticky Notes has gone a long way since then.
- Of course, you may continue to text on them just as you have in the past.
- Bringing all of this crucial data with you to another device becomes a little more difficult as a result of this.
- This article demonstrates how to back up and restore your Sticky Notes to a different computer or device.
How to Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10 on Another Computer
The first step in preserving and recovering your Sticky Notes is determining where they are stored in Windows 10. This may be accomplished by pressing the Windows key + R, typing the following in the search box, and then pressing Enter: Percentage of LocalAppData Percentage of “Packages” Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbwe LocalState Fileplum.sqlitefile should be copied to a USB flash drive or similar backup storage location. Using a USB stick, connect it to the other device where you wish to restore the notes, open the same Sticky Notes folder, and then copy and paste theplum.sqlitefile into the same location.
Then, on the second device, activate Sticky Notes after closing the folder and restarting your computer to ensure the modifications were saved.
On your new smartphone, you should be able to see all of your Sticky Notes. That’s all there is to it! Please let us know your thoughts. Is it true that digital Sticky Notes are more convenient than the good old-fashioned Post-It notes?
Where sticky notes are stored and how you can recover them
iStock photo by Pogonici
Tina Ninh needs to recover sticky notes from a dead computer. But how can she grab them when she doesn’t know where on the hard drive they’re hiding?
The built-in sticky notes in Windows serve as virtual Post-It notes on your computer screen. In order to compose your first note, click Start in Windows 7 or go to the Search charm in Windows 8. Sticky Notes may be found by typingsticky and selectingSticky Notes. A yellow square will appear on your desktop as a result of this. Type text into this square and move it around with your mouse. You may even resize it. To add a new sticky note to an existing one, click the + button in the upper-left corner of the existing note.
- You’re going to get rid of that particular note.
- Users login AppDataRoamingMicrosoftSticky Notes (withlogon being the name with which you log onto your PC) is most likely the location where Windows keeps your sticky notes.
- You should consider including this folder in your usual backup procedure if you save sensitive information in these notes.
- If you’re using Windows 7, click Start, or if you’re using Windows 8, go to the Search charm and search percent appdata percent microsoftsticky notes.
- Of course, if your computer has died and you have taken the hard drive and attached it to another computer, this approach will be ineffective for you.
- Please keep in mind that if you make a purchase after clicking on links in our articles, we may receive a small fee.
- Lincoln Spector is a freelance journalist (and occasionally a comedic writer) who has been writing about technology for far longer than he would like to acknowledge.
Sticky Notes Location Windows 10
What is the location of sticky notes in Windows 10? This guide will show you where the Microsoft Sticky Notes file is located in Windows 10, as well as how to backup Sticky Notes in Windows 10 so that you may recover them later if the sticky notes go missing, are unable to be opened, or are otherwise not functioning properly. The Microsoft Sticky Notes app for Windows 10 does not enable you to sync your notes between devices, even if you are in into the same Microsoft account on each of the devices in question.
In order to accomplish this manually, you will need to copy the complete sticky notes app folder to your computer.
We strongly advise that you back up your sticky notes on a regular basis using the sticky notes location Windows 10 feature. It is possible to restore your sticky notes if you have a backup copy of them, just in case something goes wrong and you lose your notes.
Sticky Notes Location Windows 10
It should be noted that the sticky notes file location in Windows 10 that we will show you later is only applicable to the Microsoft Sticky Notes program that can be downloaded from the Windows Store. If you are utilizing Sticky Notes from a third-party application, the file location will be different. In order to be able to see the location of the sticky notes folder in Windows 10, you must first activate theShow hidden files option. This may be accomplished by navigating to the File Explorer.
C:UsersYourUsername AppDataLocalPackages C:UsersYourUsername Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbwe Replace “YourUsername” with the username you want to use.
How to backup sticky notes in Windows 10
To make a backup of your sticky notes on Windows 10, just copy the whole Microsoft folder. Copy the MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbwe and paste it into an external backup disk or wherever else you want it to appear. We recommend that you back up your sticky notes folder on a regular basis so that you always have the most recent copy of your sticky notes stored up in a secure location. To restore sticky notes in Windows 10, or to transfer sticky notes to other Windows 10 PCs, just copy the backup folder for sticky notes and paste it into the Sticky Notes location Windows 10 indicated above, overwriting all of the files in the process.
- The old sticky notes from Windows 7 are not compatible with the new Microsoft Sticky Notes app in Windows 10.
- In other words, if you plan to copy the sticky notes from Windows 7 to Windows 10, you will be disappointed.
- What is the location of Sticky Notes in Windows 10?
How to Backup and Restore Sticky Notes Data in Windows 10
Microsoft Sticky Notes is a quick and easy way to store anything for later, allowing you to stay in the flow of your work. Sticky Notes allow you to compose notes, type them, draw them, or add a picture to them, and then attach them on your desktop. With the release of Windows 10 version 1607, the original desktop version of Sticky Notes is no longer available and has been turned into a contemporary or Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app that has Cortana integration and other capabilities.
The content of the Sticky Notes is now stored to a database file namedplum.sqlite, which may be found in the Documents folder. Using this guide, you will learn how to restore your Sticky Notes data from a corrupted Windows 10 installation and move it to a new machine.
Backup Sticky Notes Data in Windows 10
- If Sticky Notes is currently operating, it should be closed. Open the following folder on your computer. The quickest and most straightforward method is to copy the following route and paste it into the Explorer address box before pressing Enter. Percentage of LocalAppData Percentage of “Packages” Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbwe Data files containing LocalStateSticky Notes in Windows 10 v2004/v20H2 In that folder, you’ll find the following files: 15cbbc93e90a4d56bf8d9a29305b8981.storage.session Ecs.dat plum.sqlite plum.sqlite-shm plum.sqlite plum.sqlite-wal
- Ensure that all of the files (most notably the database files plum.sqlite, plum.sqlite-shm, and plum.sqlite-wal) are backed up to a single folder before continuing. Onlyplum.sqlite may be present in Windows 10 versions before to 1809
- However, this is not always the case. As soon as you log into a new user profile, or after logging into another Windows 10 machine, copy the files listed above to the LocalStatefolder in your new profile. Before you do anything, double-check that Sticky Notes is not already operating.
(The approach described here was last examined in November 2020, and it was found to be functional on both v2004 and v20H2. Despite my best efforts, I was unable to move the Sticky Notes data from one version of Windows to another version of Windows. The restore from a v20H2 computer to a v2004 computer, on the other hand, was successful.)
Backup Sticky Notes (Older versions) Data
If you are using the conventional desktop Sticky Notes application, which is available in Windows 10 v1511 and earlier, as well as prior versions of the operating system, the information is stored in a file namedStickyNotes.sntin the following folder: Sticky Notes is a Microsoft application that uses a percentage of AppData.
Convert legacy Sticky Notes file StickyNotes.snt to the new format
It has been discovered that the Windows 10 Anniversary Update contains a secret function that permits the transfer or conversion of legacy or traditional Sticky Note.snt files to the new format. The data is stored in a database file namedplum.sqlite by the Sticky Notes contemporary application (UWP). Important note: The data file conversion procedure described below will not function if you are using a newer release, namely v1809. Use another Windows 10 machine with the Anniversary Update v1607 to do the steps outlined below if you have a legacy data file of the.snt extension.
If the filesplum.sqlite(andplum.sqlite-hm,plum.sqlite-wal— if these files are present in theLocalStatefolder) are present on your target Windows 10 machine, you can move them to theLocalStatefolder on the target computer.
- Shut down all instances of the contemporary Sticky Notes application, and then open the following folder: Percentage of LocalAppData Percentage of “Packages” Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbweLocalState
- Make a new folder called Legacy in your computer’s organizational structure. Make a duplicate of your existingStickyNotes.snt file and place it in the Legacy folder. RenameStickyNotes.snttoThresholdNotes.snt
- Launch the Sticky Notes application. It automatically reads the legacy.snt file and transfers the content to the plum.sqlite database
- It does not require any user interaction.
Thanks to Donovon Lange, Engineering Manager – Sticky Notes, for coming up with this clever idea!
I believe that even a single “small” share from you would make a significant difference in the growth of this site. Here are some excellent suggestions:
- Pin it
- Post it on your favorite site plus Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter
- And so on.
As a result, thank you very much for your support, dear reader. I guarantee that it will not take more than ten seconds of your time. The sharing buttons are located just below.:)
- After installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, you may restore the classic Sticky Notes feature. Sticky Notes Delete Confirmation Prompt in Windows should be enabled again.
[Solved] Sticky Notes Disappeared in Windows 10/8/7
If you have lost your Sticky Notes on Windows 10/8.1/8/7, follow the steps outlined below.
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Use File Recovery Tool||Launch EaseUS file recovery toolScan Sticky Notes driveRecover lost Sticky Notes.Full steps|
|Fix 2. Recover from SNT File||Open Outlook web version. Click on “Notes” in the left sidebar. Recover all the wanted notes.Full steps|
|Fix 3. Recover from SNT File||Find the sticky notes’ location on your PCRight-click StickyNotes.snt”Restore Previous Versions”.Full steps|
|Fix 4. Recover from All Notes||Right-click on Sticky Notes app on Taskbar”All notes”Double-click the note that you want to recover.Full steps|
First of all, let us consider the following scenario: “My sticky notes were all but gone, save for half of them. They were all in attendance just a few days before. Can you tell me how I can get my sticky notes back?” Case No. 2: “Following a large upgrade to the operating system, I am unable to locate the Sticky Notes application on my Windows 10 machine. Where have all of my Sticky Notes vanished to?” Sticky Notes is a popular feature in Windows 10/8/7 that is used for keeping track of important information.
It also allows users to share their thoughts with others. With the help of this free note-taking application, Windows users may make their lives and occupations more organized.
Fixes for Sticky Notes Disappeared on Windows 10/11
In the event that you removed Sticky Notes by accident or if the Sticky Notes software is just not there on your Windows 10 computer, you may try re-installing it from the Microsoft Store. If you had logged into Sticky Notes before the app disappeared, your notes would have been synchronized automatically, and the app would have re-appeared once you re-installed it and checked in with the same Microsoft account you had previously used. However, if you manage to lose or remove the notes from your computer, as mentioned in Case 1, things may spiral out of hand.
So, what is the best way to restore Sticky Notes on Windows 10?
Let’s go to work on finding solutions.
How to Recover Deleted Sticky Notes in Windows 10/11
Because of a thoughtless operation, you may accidentally erase or lose sticky notes, or you may remove the notes on your own and later discover that they are vital to you. And, on occasion, a system upgrade or crash will also result in the disappearance of Windows 10 sticky notes. Whatever the cause, you may retrieve sticky notes by employing one of the three methods outlined below.
Method 1. Recover Deleted Sticky Notes with a File Recovery Tool
Methods 2, 3, and 4 are straightforward methods for retrieving sticky notes in Windows 10 and deleting them within the application. If you wish to retrieve deleted sticky notes from your computer’s system, neither of the two ways will be of assistance. But don’t let that get you down. Using the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, you have a good chance of recovering your accidentally deleted sticky notes. This is a very effective tool when it comes to retrieving lost files in Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, including those that have been permanently destroyed.
Furthermore, it is capable of retrieving lost data in a variety of situations, including unintentional deletion, virus assault, hard drive formatting, lost partition, empty recycle bin, and other similar situations.
EaseUS Deleted File Recovery Software
- Data from an SD card, hard disk, USB flash drive, memory card, digital camera and other storage devices can be restored
- Recover and display lost or deleted data, documents, photographs, audio, music, and emails in a straightforward manner
- Support for data recovery in a variety of conditions, including accidental deletion, formatting, hard drive corruption, virus assault, and system crash
Step 1: Choose a place and begin scanning it for potential threats. Launch the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and place your cursor on the partition or disk where the destroyed files were originally saved. To search for missing files, select “Scan.” Step 2: Select the files that you wish to recover from your computer. When the scanning process is complete, pick the deleted files that you wish to recover from the trash. You may use the filter to view only the file kinds that you are interested in.
Preview and restore lost files in Step 3. Take a look at the files that can be recovered. Then, choose the files you wish to recover and click “Recover” to have the contents stored in a new location rather than the disk where the data was previously deleted.
Method 2. Recover Sticky Notes from Outlook
You can try to locate Sticky Notes using the Outlook online interface (web version). Every time you remove a note from Outlook, a duplicate of the note will be saved in the Trash folder of the program you are using. Sticky Notes may be restored from Outlook by following the methods outlined below. Step 1: Navigate to the Outlook online version. Click on “Notes” in the left-hand sidebar to open a new window. Step 3: Recover all of the notes that you want from Outlook.
Method 3. Recover Missing Sticky Notes from SNT File
When you accidentally delete a sticky note, the app data is still there. Therefore, we can restore deleted sticky notes from a StickyNotes.snt file.
- In Windows 10, go to C:UsersAppDataRoamingMicrosoftSticky Notes to locate the sticky notes folder. Notes on a Stick
- To restore previous versions of the sticky notes file, locate it and right-click on it
- Then select “Restore Previous Versions.” If you do this, your current version of the sticky notes file may be overwritten, and nothing can be undone after that.
Note: Previous versions are retrieved from the File History or from restore points in the database. You should first enable the file backup feature on your Windows 10 computer in order to restore any deleted sticky notes from prior versions of the software. If this is not the case, there will be no prior version file from which to restore. If this is the case, go to the next procedure.
Method 4. Recover/Reopen Closed Sticky Notes from All Notes
- Open the Sticky Notes application
- Right-click on the Sticky Notes application on the Taskbar and select “All notes”
- Afterwards, a list of notes will appear, including the one that you recently closed
- The note that you wish to recover will appear as a stand-alone note, just like all other ordinary notes, when you double-click it.
Sticky notes that have vanished can be resolved quickly and easily by following the instructions on this page. When it comes to recovering deleted sticky notes in Windows 10, EaseUS Data Recovery is the most effective method available. It enables you to recover lost data from a wide range of devices, including hard drives, solid state drives, USB flash drives, pen drives, SD cards, and external hard drives, among others. Instead of using this approach, you can select to retrieve sticky notes from the SNT file, or from prior versions, if they are still accessible.
Additional Help – Sticky Notes FAQs
If you are experiencing any additional issues with Sticky Notes, continue reading to learn how to address your issues with simple steps.
1. How to fix my sticky notes closed unexpectedly?
Opened notes may close suddenly if you are using Windows 10. If you are using Windows 10, you may be experiencing these difficulties. You can correct the situation by re-opening the letter. Step 1. Launch the Sticky Notes application and browse through your collection of notes. If you only see a single note when you first start the app, click or touch the ellipsis symbol in the upper-right corner of the note, and then click or tap Notes list to see all of your notes. Step 2.Scroll through the notes list or use the search bar to locate your note.
2. What to do if my list of notes disappeared?
Step 1: Launch the Sticky Notes application. Step 2. Select or select the Notes list from the drop-down menu. Step 3.Scroll through the notes list or use the search bar to locate your note.
3. How to fix My notes won’t stay on top of other apps?
Sticky Notes does not have the ability to stay on top of other applications at this time. Sticky Notes, on the other hand, may be pinned to the Windows taskbar, allowing you to access your list of notes instantly or to make a new note quickly.
How to Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows
- Sticky Notes is a pre-installed software that comes with Windows that allows you to take notes and organize them. In the event that you wish to log in again, Windows will maintain your notes stored in the cloud, so backing them up is never an issue. Please note that we can still backup and restore your Sticky Notes even if you do not choose to log in. -=- Promotional Material -=- 1: Using the Cloud for Backup and Restore To access the gear icon, which is positioned towards the upper right corner of the screen, click it. Sign in by clicking onSign in. As long as you’re logged in, all of your Notes will be accessible at all times. Manually backup and restore your data To make things as simple as possible, you’ll want to copyplum.sqliteorStickyNotes.snt according on your operating system to your computer. In order to avoid having to terminate the MicrosoftNotes.exe activity in Task Manager, it would be great if you terminated Sticky Notes as well. Both approaches need the entry of a path into the File Explorer. Windows 10 versions 1607 and later are supported. Open File Explorer and type percent LocalAppData percent Packages into the search bar. In the address box, type Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbweLocalState to find the file. Plum.sqlite should be copied to a convenient location for you to save the backup. Restoring Plum.sqliteback requires copying it to the percent LocalAppData percent Packages% directory. Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbweLocalState. Version 1511 and earlier of Windows 7, 8, and 10 are incompatible. In the address bar of File Explorer, type percent AppData percent MicrosoftSticky Notes in the percent AppData percent field. CopyStickyNotes.snt to a location where you’d like to keep a backup. To restore the file, copyStickyNotes.sntback to the percent AppData percent MicrosoftSticky Notes directory on your computer. Similar: How to Enable or Disable Sticky Notes Insightscomments powered byDisqus
- How to Enable or Disable Sticky Notes Insightscomments powered byDisqus
How to Backup Sticky Notes in Windows 10? (3 Methods)
The Sticky Notes feature in Windows 10 is similar to genuine sticky notes in that they may be “pasted” on the screen to write down quick thoughts, ideas, or even essential information like passwords or appointments. They are automatically stored to save you time, but any mistakes or deletions will also be kept to save you from having to repeat the process.
Furthermore, they are not as easily transmitted and edited across devices as text documents. As a result, you may find it necessary to back up Sticky Notes in Windows 10/8/7 for the reasons listed below:
- Restore from a backup in order to have access to older notes
- Make use of these Sticky Notes on a different computer. Sticky Notes may be transferred from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
Can you backup Windows Sticky Notes?
It’s not possible to transfer Sticky Notes information around like a text file for direct usage, but if you can identify the file that has all of your Sticky Notes information, it’s simple to back it up somewhere else in case something happens. Meanwhile, if you are running a recent version of Windows 10 (October 2018 Update or higher) and just wish to utilize Sticky Notes across several devices, you may sync Sticky Notes directly with the Microsoft account that is currently logged in. Furthermore, it is possible to backup Sticky Notes produced on older versions and utilize them on subsequent ones, although doing so necessitates the completion of a few additional procedures.
Where are Sticky Notes stored in windows 10/8/7?
Sticky Notes are saved in the.snt database file in earlier operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 versions before to 1511, and in Windows 10 Anniversary Update Version 1607 and beyond, they should be stored in the.sqlite database file. You might try to locate it using the following path. Please enable the Hidden items option in the View tab of File Explorer if it is not already enabled. The following changes have occurred since the Windows 10 Anniversary Update Version 1607: plum.sqliteC:UsersUsernameAppDataLocalPackages Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes 8wekyb3d8bbweLocalState Before Windows 10 Version 1511 (includes Windows 7 and 8):StickyNotes.sntC:UsersUsernameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftSticky Notes.sntC:UsersUsernameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftSticky Notes.sntC:UsersUsernameAppDataRoamingM
How to perform Sticky Notes backup in Windows 10?
Now that you’ve discovered where your Sticky Notes are saved, you may experiment with different backup methods. The procedures are the same in Windows 10/8/7, and I’ll use Windows 10 as an example to demonstrate how it works in this article.
Method 1. Manual copy and paste
You may back up Windows 10 Sticky Notes by copying the file to any location you choose – local disk, external hard drive, USB flash drive, or anyplace else you want to save it. Then you may copy it back to its original location to use it as a replacement for the original file when the need arises. You can retrieve earlier Sticky Notes using this approach, but any modifications, additions, or deletions done after that time will be lost, so please think twice before using this method. Aside from that, you may copy a Sticky Notes file to the same directory on a new machine, but this will not function if there is a significant variation in the versions of the software, such as from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (StickyNotes.snt to plum.sqlite).
Method 2. Sync your Sticky Notes to the cloud
When Microsoft added the cloud sync functionality to Sticky Notes in the Windows 10 October 2018 Update, if you are using a later version of the operating system, you will be able to simply sync your Sticky Notes across several devices. What you need to know about synchronizing Windows Sticky Notes between devices: Start by opening Sticky Notes and clicking on theSettingsbutton.
Next, clickSign into and input your Microsoft account and password. 2. The sync feature has now been activated. Sticky Notes may be synced to other devices that have the same Microsoft account that you are currently connected into by selectingSync now in the Settings menu.
Method 3. Backup Sticky Notes with Windows backup software
One of the most significant advantages of backup software over manual copy is that it automates the backup process and provides a greater variety of backup options. By copying and pasting the file, you are merely duplicating it. However, free backup software such as AOMEI Backupper allows you to do both mirror backups and image backups at the same time. Although the former is generally comparable to sync, it may be used in any Windows operating system (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista) and can sync a folder with an internal/external disk, NAS/network share, cloud service, and other devices.
- Unlike sync, it allows you to save many copies of data and recover any one of them with pinpoint accuracy – allowing you to retrieve desired Sticky Notes with the least amount of data loss possible.
- If you upgrade to theProfessionaledition, you will be able to take advantage of real-time sync without the need for a schedule, as well as build a backup scheme that will automatically remove earlier backups.
- In Windows 10/8/7, here’s how to back up sticky notes: When you first launch the software, chooseBackupFile Backup to back up individual files and folders.
- Select the Sticky Notes file as the source and then specify a destination location for it by clickingAdd File.
- Create a plan to automatically conduct the Sticky Notes backup on a regular basis; by default, the backup will be an incremental backup.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly schedules are all available.
- There is also the option of scheduling a differential backup.
- To save time, you may also sync the file by selectingSyncBasic Sync and setting up a schedule in the same way.
Supplement: transfer Sticky Notes from Windows 7 to Windows 10
How can I move Sticky Notes data from my old Windows 7 computer to my new Windows 10 machine, version 1903, without losing any information? I’ve seen some information on the internet, but it appears to be for earlier versions. Many individuals may be asking themselves the same question: how can I transfer Sticky Notes from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update or higher? Because the Sticky Notes made on various versions of the software may not be compatible, it appears that you will be unable to change it directly.
After that, rename the file toThresholdNotes.snt. You will see that your legacy material has been imported when you access Sticky Notes on this Windows 10 PC for the second time.
Windows Sticky Notes can occasionally include sensitive information such as passwords, and you may wish to utilize them on other devices or on a computer running a more recent operating system than Windows 7. (like Windows 7 to Windows 10). In this situation, you’ll want to make a copy of your Sticky Notes just in case something happens. In addition to manual copying and pasting, AOMEI Backupper offers a variety of options to help you backup Sticky Notes on Windows 10/8/7 according to your needs, including automatic backup.
For example, you may use it to create a comprehensive system backup or to move data from a hard drive to a solid state drive (SSD).